Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Role Play Ľ Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 PM
kr9q Offline

Default Re: The Role Play Forge - RP Creation Teamwork

What is a genre?
Thats a good idea.
I just got a tiny idea (very tiny)...
Vlad throws Danny and his friend into the world of Pokemon and they become Pokemon trainers.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Mnehhhhhh I can't see Danny Phantom and Pokemon crossing over without creating something with cancer. But there isn't any crossover that works excellently in my mind, really.
At any rate, I wouldn't participate in it but only for the above reasons. If I were you, I would let the idea sit in your head for a while, maybe even a few weeks, before you try to act on it. It always seems to help me. c:

RP Title:
The Greatest Game (Super tentative!)

RP Fandom Basis: N/A

Opening Plot and Exposition: The world has reached an age of advanced technology. Virtual reality especially has reached new heights - such heights that spun worlds can be so like actual reality that no one would know the difference. But it isn't humans trapped in this new matrix - it's animals. Animals of all kinds, from house-cats to elephants, can be uploaded into a computer simulation known as The Greatest Game. These animals are made to compete, fighting sometimes to the death, for rewards based on the approval of the mysterious 'Watchers', who are really people who watch the brawls on their televisions at home. Only a select few of the animals know that their reality is a lie and that their 'lives' are for nothing but the amusement of the people... But these few are determined to put a stop to this half-existence and truly live.

Inspiration:
A dream. Not even kidding.

Where you need help: ProblemproblemproblemproblemPROBLEM. I need a problem that drives the plot and makes the RP more than just a series of animals fighting in tournaments. :/

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Mnehhhhhh I can't see Danny Phantom and Pokemon crossing over without creating something with cancer. But there isn't any crossover that works excellently in my mind, really.
At any rate, I wouldn't participate in it but only for the above reasons. If I were you, I would let the idea sit in your head for a while, maybe even a few weeks, before you try to act on it. It always seems to help me. c:

RP Title:
The Greatest Game (Super tentative!)

RP Fandom Basis: N/A

Opening Plot and Exposition: The world has reached an age of advanced technology. Virtual reality especially has reached new heights - such heights that spun worlds can be so like actual reality that no one would know the difference. But it isn't humans trapped in this new matrix - it's animals. Animals of all kinds, from house-cats to elephants, can be uploaded into a computer simulation known as The Greatest Game. These animals are made to compete, fighting sometimes to the death, for rewards based on the approval of the mysterious 'Watchers', who are really people who watch the brawls on their televisions at home. Only a select few of the animals know that their reality is a lie and that their 'lives' are for nothing but the amusement of the people... But these few are determined to put a stop to this half-existence and truly live.

Inspiration:
A dream. Not even kidding.

Where you need help: ProblemproblemproblemproblemPROBLEM. I need a problem that drives the plot and makes the RP more than just a series of animals fighting in tournaments. :/
For some reason, this reminds of me of the Hunger Games. XD If you don't know what that is, it's an awesome book(there's gonna be a movie on it!). You might get some inspiration of a problem from that book since it bears much similarity to this plot. :3

ASB | VPP | Poetry | Art

Click please? :3
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 AM
SwinubForever Offline

Title: The Beast Inside

RP Fandom: A Pokemon/Naruto mix.

Opening Plot: The leaders of the world have stored the legendaries of the Pokemon world inside young Pokemon, in the hope that the legends will never rampage again. You are a young gijinka Pokemon. You just graduated from the Pokemon Academy, and are soon to be placed in your team. Meanwhile, war is raging out as an evil organization tries to release the beasts for their own personal gain.

Where I Need Help: I would need a load of trustful people for this RP. The concept is so large, it could be opened onto a forum of its own. My only fear is that inexperienced role players wouldn't bring depth to the plot line. Another fear is membership. The plot entails at least four to ten role players, and it wouldn't be fun if we got two to join.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinubForever View Post
Title: The Beast Inside

RP Fandom: A Pokemon/Naruto mix.

Opening Plot: The leaders of the world have stored the legendaries of the Pokemon world inside young Pokemon, in the hope that the legends will never rampage again. You are a young gijinka Pokemon. You just graduated from the Pokemon Academy, and are soon to be placed in your team. Meanwhile, war is raging out as an evil organization tries to release the beasts for their own personal gain.

Where I Need Help: I would need a load of trustful people for this RP. The concept is so large, it could be opened onto a forum of its own. My only fear is that inexperienced role players wouldn't bring depth to the plot line. Another fear is membership. The plot entails at least four to ten role players, and it wouldn't be fun if we got two to join.
...I'd direct you straight to CM, but I don't know if she gets on regularly any more, since I haven't talked to her in awhile. She led quite a few Pokemon/Naruto crossovers. Anyway, plot sounds interesting enough, though it could use a bit of fleshing out.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
SwinubForever Offline

I'm going to write it out before I put up a sign up sheet. I want all of the kinks out before I start. Thanks, I'll talk to her if I run into her. (:
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Eh...heheheh...I'm not sure this will work out...but, here I go...

RP Title: I do not have one yet. Probably something like...I dunno.
RP Fandom Basis: The new Kid Icarus game
Opening Plot and Exposition: It's been over 100 years after Medusa has been defeated again by the captain of the goddess, Palutena, army, Pit. Skyworld and Earth have come together. Skyworld's most popular sport, Light V.S. Dark team matches, is the new attraction on Earth. With new technology, people use it to help with the new sport. Instead of dying when they are defeated, they respawn somewhere random on the battlefield. They use weapons found in the past that were used by Skyworld's army to fight. Pit and Dark Pit live on, but, they only appear during the matches. When a team's health bar runs out, the last person defeated becomes Pit, if they're on the Light Team, or Dark Pit if on the Dark Team. The angel defeated means that either the Light Team lost, or the Dark Team lost, depending on the angel. Now, a group of hackers are trying to ruin the battles. Everyone must stop them, no matter the cost. Will Pit come to the rescue this time?
Inspiration: The Light V.S. Dark team matches in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Where you need help: Making it more...interesting, I guess. Also, a name.

Um...what else should I say...? Pie?

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 03-31-2012, 06:28 PM
agggron Offline

name: something like conjured reality, or entertwined fate
fandom base: pokemon poke morphs oracions rps lol
opening plot and stuff: it is in present times and we are at war with poke morphs and just like any war there are people who are against it or with the war that is for you to choose poke morphs thhat have slipped past the military live in your own city they could even be your closest friends or even....family (dun dun duhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol) in the beginning this adventure spans over every reigion/continent whatever you want to call them but your character or characters must somehow end up in unova because that is were all of our characters will meet up to thwart the problem thats all i want to say right now i dont wanna say too much
insperation: oracions rps
were i need help: getting people to sign up and the plot further into the story this is my first rp
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

RP Title: Ė *doesnít have one*
RP Fandom Basis: Ė n/a
Opening Plot and Exposition: Ė I havenít actually written out the plot yet since Iím changing it from my fan fiction idea to an original role play, but hereís what I can offer. The role play takes place on a world called Gaia. The people and animals who live there have a strong connection with the nature around them and their deities. The deities are the Sacred Beasts, who in times of great need or change choose Guardians to summon them to the physical realm. However it has been centuries since the last time Guardians were chosen, the world being in a state of peace. The conflicts that did arise could be solved without the Beasts aid. Over time some started to believe that they were only legends, even though they still had shrines all over Gaia in their honor. Those who study the hunter arts and those who have a strong sense in magic just know they still exist, but now are in a deep slumber. But peace canít last forever.
Most of the Sacred Beasts want there to be balance between the physical and spiritual worlds as well as balance between humans and nature, but there are a few of the Beasts that have walked off that path. There are some that walk right next to it, maybe only concentrating on either the physical world or spiritual, or watches over the nature of the planet. But there are those who want change. No longer do they want balance nor to be ignored. They believe it is time to take back the world and reform it to their image, where they have complete control. It started with one choosing a Guardian to allow him access to the physical world, and others are sure to follow. However, when one Beast forms a bond with a Guardian of their choice, the others know of it as soon as the bond is formed. Others will arise and choose those they feel can help aid them in protecting the balance they had set and to keep the Beasts that are rebelling from enslaving all living creatures of the world. But will the Guardians they choose be able to do so? Will the Guardians abuse the power given? And will those Guardians chosen by the Sacred Beasts to be used as tools in their plan for reforming the world be saved? A war is over the horizon, and those who are in it will all have a part in how it will end.

...Okay, that almost sounded like a real plot. But that was all rushed and I wasnít really trying to write it out like that. But anyway, for races and classes, think WoW and Dragon Age. Iím open when it comes to races, but with classes Iíll be a bit strict. The main classes are warrior, rogue, and mage, but there are subclasses within those as well. Like with warrior a subclass could be paladin, for rogue they can also be classed as a hunter, and mages can have a subclass that excels in offensive magic or healing. In terms of the Sacred Beasts, I have ideas for only a few. But I am completely open to let players make their own. However, I will not be able to accept every character having one. Then things would get out of hand. The Beasts do not give super powers to their Guardians. They just form a bond that allows the Guardian to summon them from their own realm. The only thing I can see that might be considered god-moding is that only once can the Beast bring back their Guaridan to life. However when this is done the Sacred Beast is reborn, so they go back to being like an infant (for lack of a better term since not all the Beasts are the same species). They can only do this once per Guardian. If they did that with one Guardian and then he or she dies again, then the Beast returns to its realm and must wait to clam a new one and the previous person passes away.
Inspiration: Ė I got inspiration from a lot of different places. World of Warcraft, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Skyrim and so on. I took elements from each that I liked and turned it into something I thought might be interesting.
Where you need help: Ė I need some help with the plot. I donít want it to just be the typical war rp. I want some adventure, mystery, maybe a bit of romance if the other players donít mind that, and for the characters to problem solve. I would like something to loosely follow instead of it just be a make it up as we go along thing since those rps donít make it very far. I donít have a clear start or ending in mind, and donít even ask about a middle. Like I said, Iím converting this idea from a fan fiction idea I have which wouldnít make for a good rp as it was.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Shiny Ditto Offline

RP Title: Johto Journeys
RP Fandom Basis: Pokemon
Opening Plot and Exposition: Basically, this'll be a journey about three trainers in Johto going through Johto and trying to become the champion.
Inspiration: See, I like simple plots, and the plots of the main series Pokemon games gave me the inspiration.
Where you need help: I might need some help with some plot twists or something.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Ditto View Post
Opening Plot and Exposition: Basically, this'll be a journey about three trainers in Johto going through Johto and trying to become the champion.
Inspiration: See, I like simple plots, and the plots of the main series Pokemon games gave me the inspiration.
Interesting, we haven't had a journey RP here in awhile. We're you looking for an entirely new Johto with new Gym Leaders or going by the familiar one? Were you also looking for a darker or not so dark kind of RP?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Ditto View Post
I'm also curious about the three trainers. Are other position available? Like, could someone sign up as a random rival, other trainer or another role? Basically, are those 3 the only positions available?

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

RP Title: – Unknown
RP Fandom Basis: – Pokemon

Opening Plot and Exposition: – This is something that has been floating in my head for a couple of days after playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so to a degree, the Role Play will be similar. How closely, I do not yet know.

So, the basic premise is that for centuries, Pokemon have existed as the sole sentient race in this world. As opposed to our world, however, they are far less advanced, living a nearly tribal lifestyle. While there are many who are nomadic, many others have constructed various communities and villages which are self-sufficient and self-contained. There is little to no communication between them, and each party was content to perpetuate that. Many of the Pokemon that grow up in these villages never venture far beyond there boundaries, for fear of being harassed by wild, or "savage" Pokemon, as they are sometimes referred to. Each one has their own system of government, culture, and demographics, and up to this point, have existed for generations.

However, littered in several places are spectacular ruins, monoliths of steel that stretch skyward, and cast ominous shadows upon the awe-struck Pokemon who wonder of their mystique. Often spoken of in myth, these vast sites have stood for centuries, bitterly resisting nature's grip as invasive vines constrict the mammoth structures, toppling many of them, leaving them to decay. All that remains are the most resilient, magnificent structures. They are traditionally avoided due to the fragile nature of the ruins. Still, they capture the imaginations of all who lay eyes on them. Who raised these towers? And why did they vanish?

It seems as if the answers to these questions is coming closer to us, riding the coattails of an unprecedented force. Day by day, more and more land comes under the veil of darkness; an army of beasts approaches from the far north, the only warning of their herald being the mortifying tales told by those who slipped through their clutches. The dead cries of those communities that were razed are never heard, leaving the next target ripe for takeover. While conflicts between villages are not unheard of, the nature of this enemy has never been paralleled: their sheer scale has never been matched, they are deadly efficient, and despite their savagery, they are systematically organized. What they want, nobody is sure. But at this rate, they shall have it.

The role play initially begins in the Root Village, a medium-sized, diverse community on the southern section of the continent. The players begin as rookies: unseasoned and meek. Their adventures begin small, but as they strengthen and mature, they gain the skills necessary to face their destiny.

---

Further into the plot:

Spoiler:
If you couldn't already tell, these ruins are made by humans. Years ago, an army of Pokemon rose in rebellion against humanity, which was unprepared for such a betrayal. They were perceived position as playthings of humans, and sought to defy their masters. The war was won by Pokemon. The war led to the end of human civilization, as well as their endangerment as a species.

The army that is wreaking havoc on the world today descended from the one that fought humans. While they are interested in power, they have a true, unifying purpose that drives their leader to pillage: the extermination of humanity. Somewhere in the world, there lives a mother, and her son. The initial survivors of the rebellion were hunted by the original leader of the insurrection, a dastardly creature by the name of Zoroark. He spearheaded the genocidal events. Over the years, the surviving humans were whittled down to two. The current, and most ferocious of a long heritage of despot generals is racing across the land with his followers, sworn to finish their mission.

Inspiration: – Well, obviously Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Also, the business with the ruins and such and eventually seeing their makers is similar to the story line of the Jak and Daxter series.

Where you need help: – Tweeking the storyline, overall making it better, and deciding whether or not it should be changed a bit to make it less mature, so it can reach out to a larger audience. Even if the army's cause is something that really isn't great for the story, I just want to see a Pokemon RP happen. D:

Also, I want to know if I should implement a stats system to counter godmodding, and creating more powerful characters.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Flynt Offline

RP Title: Dead in the Water
RP Fandom Basis: Pokemon.
Opening Plot and Exposition: Over a period of 25 years, an architect by the name of Rebekka Auttenberg worked on a project. Named Acquacitta, it was the worldís first true floating city. Running on a combination of wind and solar energy, the city, while small, was completely eco-friendly. Built overtop Route 128; the city became the gateway to Ever Grande City and the Hoenn League. While there were many unfortunate accidents during construction, including one instance late in construction where it looked as if the project would be shut down, the city was completed. She houses approximately 15,000 residents, a similar population size to Petalburg City. They live, and work, on the city.

The project was saved, late in development, by the actions of Hoenn TVís founder, a man named Archie. Archie dedicated a large portion of his personal fortune to the project, and ran a publicity campaign giving it the good word it needed. Hoenn TV moved its main branch to the city from Lilycove City, and Archieís likeness was forever enshrined in City Hall. For a few years, all seemed well.

A few months ago the S.S. Tidal, a ship that ran between Lilycove, Acquacitta, and Slateport, disappeared without a trace. Archie expected something of the sort, of course. Behind the manís seemingly good intentions was bait for a trap. Unknown to the public, Archie was the head of Team Aqua, an Eco-Terrorist organization bent on increasing the amount of water on the world. With his name behind Acquacitta, a literal city on the waves, it looked like a personal triumph for Archie, and an open mocking of his enemies, Team Magma, lead by Maxie.

Moreover, their headquarters in the city commonly broadcasted Anti-Magma propaganda, and had long since turned the public against the organization. Archieís plan was to prick at Maxieís ego until the man could take it no more, and launched an attack on the city. The city would be sunk, and Archie planned to have footage of Team Magma causing it. This would go beyond the petty crimes that the group was currently wanted for. This would make them international criminals, and, depending on how many men Maxie committed, would strike a huge blow to the group at the same time.

Little did Archie know, the group that eventually went for his bait wasnít Magma at all. Instead, it was a new group. Calling themselves Team Zephyr, they fell back on the legend of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, and called themselves the balance between Aqua and Magma. They had stolen the S.S. Tidal, and, using the work of a rogue Team Dim Sun scientist, outfitted it with a giant Gigaremo Unit, capable of causing all wild Pokemon in the general vicinity to go berserk. More of these units had been covertly placed within the city itself. Their plan: Activate the units and destroy the trap, tearing away any edge Aqua had over their competition. The city and her occupants were doomed to a watery grave.

---

This would be the first in a series of RPs where the eventual goal would be the destruction of Zephyr. Despite namedropping canon characters, I donít plan for any to appear in this. It would likely be a very dark series of RPs, with a lot of destruction and mayhem in this one alone. The plan of the RP would be escape, as in a Survivor Horror. This isnít very easy with a number of berserk wild Pokemon, and the occasional Zephyr grunt, gunning for you. There would be time in the beginning to establish characters, before the **** hits the fan.

Along with escape, other ideas for ďfinishingĒ the RP would be to find and destroy the Gigaremo Units, including the one on the S.S. Tidal. Two Zephyr Commanders are also taking a part in this attack, though the Leader and third Commander wonít be physically present. In addition to Gigaremo Units, both of the present commanders have a Shadow Pokemon or two, purchased from Team Snagem. ďSavingĒ and purifying said Pokemon is an optional goal, though at least one of the commanders will die during this RP, and his Shadow Pokemon will sink with the city if not recovered. The other may die as well, but he is located on the S.S. Tidal, making him harder to get to.
Inspiration: Resident Evil: Revelations.
Where you need help: I guess the biggest fear is it not being something people are interested in. So anything I can change to get more interest, while keeping the core idea of the RP the same, is something Iíd like to know. Otherwise, any ideas you guys might have to make the RP less stupid.

Big thanks to Tunduli on Pokecharms for the sprite in the banner.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Seeing how long it's been since there was a post doesn't exactly inspire confidence that this will get much attention, but eh, here goes.

---

RP Name: Don't have one yet

RP Fandom Basis: Slenderman/Silent Hill crossover (no, not the Slender game, but the actual Slenderman mythos)

Opening Plot and Exposition: Don't really have much for this yet, but here's a very vague plot that's still forming in my head. Slenderman's domain is the Path of Black Leaves, an alternate dimension to our own. Somehow, his domain ends up leading to the Fog World, where he sort of sets up residence in order to catch souls trapped in Silent Hill. Basically, the characters in the RP end up in SH one way or another, only to be stalked by Slenderman.

I plan for a lot of the mythos surrounding him to be part of this, while keeping the SH feeling by including monsters and such that represent the fears and such of the characters. Slenderman himself, being a part of the Fear Mythos, fits in relatively well as a sort of "leader" amongst the other monsters. There will be Proxies, crazy tentacles, possibly references to various YouTube ARGs like Marble Hornets and TribeTwelve, and other fun things.

Also, I plan on changing Slenderman's character up, JUST a bit. Nothing too crazy, but basically portraying him in a slightly different light. He's not just after people for the fun of it, y'know.

Inspiration: The fact that I'm currently obsessed with the whole Slenderman mythos and listening to awesome SH OSTs. I was struck by how perfectly Slenderman fits into the atmosphere of SH; he operates best in the dark, which ties in with the Otherworld when it takes over (he would become much stronger because darkness is his element). Also, his presence causes disruption in devices, especially static, which lets him tie in nicely with the fact that SH monsters cause static on radios and such as well. And since he hunts people, well, what better setting than SH, where people are hunted and stalked by terrifying things already?

Where you need help: Interest, mainly. If no one is interested in an idea like this it obviously won't get off the ground. Also, I would really like someone else to play Slenderman, since it would spice up the RP a bit more than if I was playing him. He could basically pop up whenever, mess with people, and it would give me someone to collaborate with in terms of pacing and keeping things fresh. I also like the idea of people getting "taken" by him, in which case it would be sort of a private RP until the character returned (Slendy is pretty bad about abducting people and then bringing them back in order to screw with their heads).

I also wouldn't mind help in further fleshing out the plot and such.

^Rock Musical Bleach^