Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01

BP#13

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji's ears were flattened against his head as the Froslass continued to wail. He focused hard on staying awake, trying to fight her energy off with his own. Ivy was muttering under her breath quietly, perhaps trying to do the same. The Espeon didn't know if it was foolish or brave trying to dive into the ghost's mind to find out this information about her. There was the chance the Chainy could use it, but if he was reading the energy currents correctly, all it was doing was building up his rage.

“Alright, Sasha, get over there and shoot it in the throat with a Bullet Punch. That should shut it up,” he growled, his teeth stubbornly set together. “Then back up away from it – let's use that Light Screen as much as possible before it fades.”

“So sad,” Haji heard next, taking a second to recognize the small voice of his Trainer. “She's so sad...”

The purple cat nudged her with his mind, wondering what she was talking about. Did she mean the Froslass was in a rage because she was still grieving? He supposed it did make sense, although he wasn't sure how much it was going to help. Ivy looked up at him though, and he saw the tears glimmering at the corner or her eyes. She was into the ghost's mind deep, and he silently warned her to be careful. That far in, it was easy to get lost.

“Ivy, I think you should let go now,” he gently said.

“I can't,” she whispered, laying back on the ground and curling up slightly. “She hurts. Her Trainer is dead.”

Haji wanted to try and talk her out of it, but he knew how devastating that could be for a Pokémon that was close to their Trainer. Froslass were known to take good care of their pseudo families, protecting them fiercely. The ghost had tried to do that, and maybe now that she had failed, she didn't know how to deal with it. She had been victim of violence, and in turn became another inflicter.

Sasha kicked off against a spike on the ground, giving her enough traction to streak forward with her fist, slamming into the singing Froslass. The ghost was cut off with a gargled breath, backing away from Sasha as the fighter was doing the same.

The Froslass had her eyes closed and was swinging her body around violently, maybe very hurt by the shot. The weather responded to her as energy rose in the air, and Haji watched as the whirling snow formed into globs of ice. Softball-sized chunks shot out at Sasha, and the Light Screen did its job to protect her, deflecting the Weather Balls before they could really hurt her.

The room started to tremble though, and Froslass let out a strangled scream that was hitched from the last attack. She wasn't trying to sing again, but Haji could feel the energy vibrating. She began to thrash around, striking that pillar that Ivy had first collapsed next to. Snow fell from the ceiling in a big clump, setting a pile on the floor. More started to fall, and some of the stones in the ceiling started to drop.

Before any of them could react, the shore they were standing off was cut off from the ice plain in one big whoosh as a blanket of snow and stones came down. Froslass had created an avalanche to cut off the fighter from the rest of them.

“It's so cold,” Ivy said, staring ahead at the ice barrier. He had a feeling she wasn't really seeing it though, linked to the ghost in her mind instead.

The Froslass's screeching had been muted a bit, and out with them the scene was almost peaceful. This was going to be a problem if they couldn't see what was going on. “Chainy, we must proceed with caution. Froslass is trying to block Sasha away from us.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 32% [Spe-1][Used Weather Ball, Avalance, and Block]
Hardy F Medicham: 23% LS-4 Taunt-2 Torment-2 [SpAtk/Spe+1][Def+2][Atk+3][SpDef-1][Used Bullet Punch]

Area Effects: It's snowing.

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
2 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 5/5
Area Effects: It's snowing lightly.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite, Mild M Riolu
MCR: 35,034/45,000 [Special Rank]

Picture Value: 5,000

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 83%
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Justified
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

Pokemon: Medicham @ 23%
Nickname: Sasha
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

Pokemon: Metagross @ 81%
Nickname: Meta
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

OOC: Really psyched cos I thought of something awesome to do a couple posts in the future ^^

Soon after I commanded the attack I realised that Ivy was muttering something. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but it was pretty clear that the Froslass' grip on her was strong. I had to capture the Ghost-type as soon as possible. The Ranger was curled up and rocking slightly, murmuring about sight or seeing or sadness or something. It physically hurt me to see her like this so I averted my eyes. I knew Haji would take care of her. I turned back to the battle.

Sasha had turned into a bright silver flash, which peeled across the room. I saw her collide with the Froslass, bashing into the Ice-type. She threw a blinding-fast jab at the Froslass' throat. The Wild Pokemon's horrendous singing cut off with a gargling sound that was almost as bad. She backed away from Sasha as the Psychic-type did the same. It looked like the stereotypical martial-artist's duel - each fighter keeping a healthy distance from the other.

"I can't," I heard Ivy whisper. "She hurts. Her Trainer is dead."

"I'll just have to help her find a new one then," I said bravely. In all probability, that Trainer wouldn't be me - I would never be able to forgive the Froslass for all it had done - but I think I would be strong enough to help her find a new friend.

The Ghost-type began to whirl around like she was dancing ballet. The wind rose with her, carrying minute particles of snow and ice. The amount grew as the wind became more powerful. The white mist began to coalesce into into a multitude of white balls that danced around with her. The ghost then threw her arms outwards and the ice balls began to whizz towards Sasha. The Medicham's Light Screen suddenly began buzzing, and it expanded slightly. Sasha reached her arm behind her back and the magical square attached to her forearm. She used it to bat away the ice balls, smashing them all into tiny bits of powder. Unfortunately for her, the last ice ball shattered her shield, leaving her defenseless.

As it did so, the room began to shake. I could see that the Froslass was thrashing around, but considering she wasn't standing I didn't see why. Until she started wailing and choking and bashing her fist into one of the pillar. Suddenly a huge clump of snow fell down onto the ground, bringing some of the ceiling with it. It made an impenetrable wall that separated us from Sasha. I felt a cold fist of dread grasp my stomach.

"It's so cold," Ivy said sadly, rocking back and forth, staring straight at the barrier. I took off my trenchcoat and draped it around her even though I knew it wouldn't do anything. I felt as bad as she looked.

Dual, what the hell am I supposed to do? I asked him. Sasha was strong, and her powers were peaked, but she was tired. She couldn't keep going for long, not against the might of the Froslass. I couldn't see Sasha, though, and so I couldn't return her to her PokeBall. Those things required line of sight.

<You know what to do,> Dual replied. <Just look for the answer.>

So I did. I reached through my knowledge and Dual's memories, trying to find a way to keep her safe. I passed through his chance meeting with her, wounded in a fight with a fleeing Honchkrow. He took her under his wing, teaching her valuable techniques like the Psycho Cut and the Drain Punch. Finally, I saw him search out a Celebi and ask for instruction regarding a very rare technique. I watched as the Legendary Pokemon taught the Medicham and I knew. I knew exactly what to do.

<Very good.> the Gallade nodded. <However, Sasha is still affected by the Froslass' taunting. You'll have to stall the battle out a little longer.>

Let's hope she can last that long, I muttered before reaching out to Sasha. I knew the Froslass could and probably would intercept the thought, so I locked my plan away behind the shield that Haji had set up for us. I would have preferred to call out, but I wasn't confident about being able to yell over the Froslass' wailing and through the Avalanche barrier.

Sasha, you're doing great, just hold out a bit longer, I sent.

<Don't ask me not to f**k that b***h up cos you know I can't do that,> she growled back.

That's fair, but at least keep it ranged, I cautioned. Use Psychic to keep her at a distance and deflect her attacks or something.

I could feel Sasha's unhappiness and rage burning through our temporary link. All I could do was hope that she did as I asked and got over her anger as soon as possible. I impressed upon her the importantance of calming down over and over again, praying that it would soon get through. If Sasha fainted, I couldn't even return her to the safety of her PokeBall, and we already knew the Froslass was a capable killer.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Light Screen, Taunt, and Torment all ended.)

BP#14

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

With the snow barrier in place, seeing the field beyond was impossible. Luckily, Haji knew how to shift his vision from normal into a type that allowed him to sense energies instead. Sources would brighten up like lights, and they glowed different colors depending on what type of energy and how strong they were.

Haji's senses rippled as he shut his eyes, and when he opened them again, he saw in a very different form. The barrier glowed a pale, thin blue, but he could see through it. The falling snow was its down shade of blue too, falling across his vision as it moved through the room. The almost-invisible spots indicated that there wasn't a lot of energy being put into it. Froslass didn't need to focus to control the snow.

Sasha was lit up in a bright pink that had stained darker red, her strength mixing in with the rage she felt due to Froslass's taunting. The ghost herself was a vivid red, similar to the blood she spilled of those people that attacked her. Chainy, too, was colored with a tinge of red for his rage, though it was a very mild form.

Haji watched as Chainy draped his coat over the shivering Ivy who was still curled up on the ground. She was a dull purple, meaning her energy was active, but she was saddened and subdued. He was unsure if she was still trying to dig into the ghost's mind, but he didn't really want to know. While he could almost feel sympathetic for the creature, she was too dangerous to not take seriously. Chainy understood this, and he was glad. Chainy may not keep her, but at least he would help find someone that would.

Chainy sent some sort of message to Sasha, one which Haji didn't listen in on. He felt a flash of rage that could've been the Medicham's, but then everything settled as the fighter began to focus. A Psychic wave came out, almost like an energy barrier between them. It kept the Froslass more at bay than damaging her, and since Sasha was still in a rage, he knew that was taking a lot of control from her. She probably wanted to follow Chainy's commands, and while doing that, she was fighting off the rage. Soon it would subside and she'd be able to function like normal with a clearer head.

The ghost didn't like the Psychic threatening her. She bobbed back and forth for a moment before floating over to that center pillar again, disappearing behind it. Of course, Haji could see her behind it, but Sasha couldn't. The fighter didn't let up the attack though, just in case. The Espeon watched as Froslass split into two, the two halves splitting from one another like a mirror was placed there. Haji could tell which was which, though, since the copy she had made was a much paler red.

One came around each side of the pillar, and he could feel the Medicham's surprise at the action. Then, both of them drew energy to themselves, and the purple cat saw the icy energy forming near their mouths. She must be readying a breath attack. Frost Breath was the first one that came to mind, an ice variant of Flamethrower that always took a chunk out of opponents. Since it was coming from two directions, Sasha was going to have to be very very careful.

As he thought it, though, he saw the reddish tint bleed out of the Medicham's aura, leaving behind her vibrant pink one. It seemed the Taunt and Torment Froslass had put her under had faded. Unfortunately, Haji watched her glimmering screen fade away into nothing too, leaving her less prepared for an attack.

The cat relayed the scene to Chainy quickly, knowing he had to hurry and do something. “Froslass has used Substitute to make a copy of herself. She is preparing to attack Sasha,” he said, hoping they would be swift.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 10% [Sub][Spe-1][Used Substitute and charging Frost Breath]
Hardy F Medicham: 23% [SpAtk/Spe+1][Def+2][Atk+3][SpDef-1][Used Psychic]

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass
MCR: 39,679/45,000 [Special Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 83%
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

(OOC: Finally! This was a fun post to write ^^)

I wasn't happy about the situation I found myself in. Sasha was cut off from me, and that meant the Froslass could have her way with the Fighting-type. If Dual had been the one battling, I could watch through his eyes, but I didn't have that link with Sasha. At least, not yet.

I heard some unhappy screeches, and assumed that it was the Froslass. Maybe I'd been lucky and Sasha had been able to erect a temporary shield using her Psychic abilities. whatever had happened, the Froslass was seriously pissed off. Thankfully, Haji began relaying the battle to me. He was watching the flow of auras through the ice. I couldn't pick up on the colours - it was almost like I was trying to watch a television show on a colour spectrum right on the edge of my vision - but it was plain to see that the Froslass was trying her best to get to Sasha. After a couple tries, she gave up and instead retreated behind a pillar. Sasha dropped to her knees and began to pant - she was at the end of her stamina. Despite all her reinforced attributes, she could only fight for so long before becoming overwhelmed.

I watched in horror as the Froslass duplicated itself behind a pillar. Unfortunately, my inexperience in this viewing style meant that I couldn't tell which one was the real one, but it didn't matter. Attacks coming from either of them would hurt for real.

As if the Ghost could read my mind (which, according to Haji it no longer could) small gray particles began to gather around their mouths. I knew this could be the end of Sasha - the trick with the Fake Tears from earlier had dangerously lowered her special defense, and without the Light Screen to protect herself she was basically a sitting Ducklett. I had to get her out of there, and now. It was time to put my plan into action.

I quickly checked in with Sasha's mental state, and I was relieved to find that she was mostly back to normal. Whether she had calmed herself down or simply no longer had the energy to be rageful, I did not know, and at that particular moment I did not care. I was simply glad that she finally had her anger under control.

Are you ready, Dual? I asked him. That Frost Breath is going to sting like a b***h.

Dual flexed his arm muscles and stared intently into the ice barrier. <Bring it on.>

I reached out to Sasha, connecting my mind to hers. You've done fantastically, Sasha, I said to her, above and beyond what I could ever have dreamed of. But it's time for you to hand over control of this battle to someone else. Sasha, use Baton Pass!

I didn't hear Sasha reply, but I saw it. A small red light winked on, barely visible through the ice barrier. It grew in size and intensity until it was like a spotlight being shone at us. Dual walked over to the wall of ice and placed his hand almost gently on the cool material. There was a sudden red flash, and Sasha appeared in Dual's place, slumped against the wall. I looked her over with a practiced eye - she was just tired. The Medicham would make a complete recovery.

Suddenly, there was a crash. The entire cave system shook and I could hear the very sound of air being pushed aside by raw power. I looked through Dual's eyes, and I saw small fragments of ice rise into the air around him unbidden. The Froslass appeared surprised by the change in Pokemon, but she continued forwards nonetheless. Big mistake. I finally understood the reason Dual had taken Sasha as an apprentice. It was because together, they were close to the perfect team. Sasha could set up all kinds of reinforcement techniques, and then pass them to Dual, resulting in one of the greatest singularities the National Park had ever seen. I grinned ruefully as I realised this was probably the Gallade's next step in his ongoing rivalry with the local Kyogre.

Dual flexed his arm experimentally, miming a punch towards the Froslass. A blast of air shot off from the fake punch, flying straight inbetween the two Ghosts and punching a basketball-sized hole in the pillar behind them. I could feel Dual grin as he reveled in the power that had been handed to him. Using this, we could truly defeat the Froslass.

Alright buddy, stand strong and take that attack like the warrior I know you are, I encouraged him. Then, we'll need to find which of these is the real one. Fire off a Thunder Wave - if it affects the Froslass, then it's the real one and if it doesn't it's the fake. Once that's done, hit the fake with a nice hard Night Slash!

I could see Dual's field of vision bob and I realised that he had nodded. I grinned as I watched the Froslass approach - the Icy-type had no idea of the pain that was coming its way. I wasn't sure that a Palkia would have wanted to mess with the Gallade at that point in time.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Palkia says bring it, betch.)

BP#15

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji knew Sasha was weakening, but she refused to give up. It was probably the warrior's spirit inside of her, like many Pokémon possessed. It was similar to Dual's. The Espeon found that many Fighting-types held this.

He felt the connection between Chainy, the Gallade, and the Medicham stir as the three communicated. The other Ranger send reassuring waves to the tiring Sasha, and something he said caused her to start glowing. Haji saw the aura through the wall as it burned brighter. Then, Dual approached the snow barrier, placing a hand against it. There was a flash and a surge of energy, and then Sasha was standing in the place the other fighter had been. She had used Baton Pass to get out of there, letting her mentor take her place and finish the battle with the defenses she had set up.

When Haji looked, he could see the many different energies Dual now possessed flicker and pulse like a living thing. The Gallade tested out his acquired strength, and from the way he created the hole in the far off pillar, the Espeon thought he was rather pleased.

Chainy relayed something else to the fighter, but Haji didn't pry into that either. He was too busy watching. Froslass chose that moment to attack, both her and the copy taking a deep breath and firing the stream of ice at Dual. The warrior took it with a grim understanding, probably not wanting to get out of range for whatever they were planning.

Then, there was electricity cackling between Dual's arms. It sizzled as he released it, though Haji didn't know which one he was trying to hit. It wouldn't affect the copy, but either way it would reveal who was who. Haji watched the energy as it shot toward the real one, and the coils of paralyzing energy wrapped around the ghost as she let out a shriek.

Then, dark energy formed along one of the Gallade's blades, and with a powerful jerk of his arm, the darkness sharpened and sliced outward. The copy tried to back up and escape, but the Night Slash slammed into her and made her disappear with a pop. The remnants went sailing into the far wall, making a mini explosion of snow as it impacted.

The Froslass cried out again, and Haji saw the electricity taking its toll on her, making her movements slow and painful. After, a gasp and a deep breath drew his attention next to him. Ivy had her eyes open wide, and she leaned up from her curled position on the ground. She looked a lot better than she had. Her eyes were more alert and her mind seemed clear.

“Are you alright?” he asked carefully.

Ivy coughed a little and pinched the bridge of her nose quick before answering. She pulled Chainy's coat tighter around herself as she shivered. “Yeah, I think so. Her mind is breaking down because she's so tired. I don't know how much longer she can last.” The girl shook her head. “That was... different.”

The Espeon was relieved that his Trainer was alright. Her colors had settled and evened out into their usual soothing blue shades. He brushed against her again and settled close, keeping his eyes on the battlefield. There was a chance that this could be ending soon, but it was never wise to count eggs before they hatched. Froslass was probably still capable of many tricks.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 10% [Par][Spe-1][Used Frost Breath]
Serious M Gallade: 73% [SpAtk/Spe+1][Def+2][Atk+3][SpDef-1][Used Thunder Wave and Night Slash]

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 44,393/45,000 [Special Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 73%

Old 09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

(OOC: Dual'd take that fgt b***h DOWN)

Dual raised his arms and braced them in front of his face, protecting it from the incoming attack. The twin streams of coldness washed over him, wrapping around his sleek physique. Seeing as I was temporarily inhabiting Dual's body with him, I could kind of feel whatever he did, but kind of spiritually as opposed to physically. A sense of absolute cold washed over my mind, and Dual's mouth grimaced at the feeling. He was quick to retaliate, though. Electrical sparks began crawling around both of his arms, causing the two Froslass to doubt whom he was firing at.

Suddenly, all the electricity flew over to his left hand, and he thrust it forwards. The yellow stream crashed into Froslass on the left and it curled around the Ghost-type, sinking into its muscles and paralyzing it. It screeched as it went down, collapsing into a huddle on the floor. Through some stroke of luck, Dual had targeted the real one! He turned to the fake, which began trying to back away. A thin crescent of black energy extended outwards from his blade, which suddenly expanded to five times its normal width. The substitute began fleeing backwards faster, but the Gallade swung his arm towards it and the Night Slash streaked towards the Ghost, slamming into it and knocking it into a wall. It disappeared with a pop and a small puff of white smoke.

The Froslass was still spasming on the ground, so I decided to do a more thorough check on Sasha. The Medicham was still sitting on the ground, leaning against the barrier. She was breathing heavily, but aside from that and some bruises she seemed perfectly fine. All those reinforcement techniques had probably exhausted her stamina something fierce. I'd return her to a PokeBall if she had one, but for now she'd just have to rest like that. Dual could heal her once he was finished with the battle.

I felt Dual ping me through our link, requesting commands. I watched through his eyes as the Froslass shook and wailed, the electricity dancing across her body and rendering her unable to move. For the first time, I felt a slight pang of pity for the Wild Pokemon.

Alright, let's end this, I said to Dual. Get close and put her out of her misery with a Hypnosis. Be wary of any last-minute tricks, though.

As Dual began to walk towards the writhing Ghost-type, I felt Ivy stir. She sat upright and pulled my cloak tighter around her - she looked much better. The Froslass had probably lost the energy required to keep her mind prisoner or something. Haji moved closer to her, winding against her side and eventually settling against her back. His tail curled protectively around her side as he continued to stare straight through the ice barrier. That was probably where my attention should be too.

I looked back through the link and I saw that Dual was standing right over the Froslass. He reached down slowly with his arm, and I could feel his intention to gently lift the Froslass' chin so that their eyes could meet. Blue rings would dance around the Gallade's eyes in a mesmerising pattern, willing the Froslass to sleep.

I broke the link before I could see the result. I had to get a PokeBall in there to capture the Froslass or else this entire battle would have been wasted. Fortunately, I knew exactly what to do. I'd been practicing this just before coming out on this run, coincidentally. I pulled a Super Ball out of my bag and held it in-between my palms. I would have liked to watch Dual and see whether or not the Froslass fell asleep but this would require all of my concentration. Sweat broke out on my forehead and I began to tremble, but slowly the gifted power rose inside of me. A light blue glow began emanating from between my fingers. I gritted my teeth and with a final push, a blue flare of light erupted from between my hands. Dual sent a quick ping to inform me that he'd received the ball and was about to attempt the capture.

I collapsed onto my backside, panting heavily. Despite this, I grinned - I'd successfully managed to teleport the Super Ball! Now all I could do was hope that Dual captured the Froslass. I could have opened up the link to watch, but I was just too tired. I'd have to wait for him to let me know what happened.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 09-22-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#19

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“Are you completely cut off from Froslass?” Haji asked her softly, not taking his eyes away from what he was seeing.

He felt Ivy shift before she answered, pausing to rub at her head. “Not quite,” she said. “I can still feel her, but not very well. She's so tired. Being angry all the time makes you tired.” Haji knew she had confirmed that one from the swirl of memories that came to her mind. He saw them through their bond. When her brother had disappeared, she had spent a lot of time angry.

The Espeon could see the truth of her words. The Froslass's aura had paled from the vivid red it started as, like her energy was drained from her. He wondered if she knew she had been beaten, or if she was just too exhausted to continue. Sasha was also tired, though her energy was still shining brightly, maybe to do with how proud she was at her accomplishments. Chainy couldn't return her to a Pokéball because she didn't have one, and that spoke volumes of how skilled the man and Pokémon really were/ being able to work together like that without having a solid bond.

Haji then watched Dual's brightly shining form get closer to the defeated ghost. She couldn't find him as he reached down to tilt her head up to him. From the energy concentrating in his eyes, the Espeon knew he was trying to put her to sleep with a Hypnosis. He wasn't sure whether she just couldn't resist or perhaps she was tired enough to just give in and accept it. The ghost leaned to the side hard against Dual's hand as she drifted off into slumber. The Gallade set her down in the snow gently, waiting for Chainy's next words.

What the man did next was pretty impressive. He took a Super Ball out of his bag and held it in between his hands while he concentrated. Haji could see the energy being expended as it flared. Then, the ball began to glow a shimmering blue, and it disappeared, reappearing near Dual. He grabbed it, and lightly tapped the Froslass with the device, sucking her inside.

Chainy collapsed onto the ground as he panted, but when Haji disabled his sensing vision, he saw the man was grinning fiercely. He should be proud, the Espeon thought, since the skills obtained from a Psychic partner were sometimes very hard to master. Ivy had just brushed the surface of hers, but it looked like Chainy was able to manipulate the energies alone. It was easier if the human already had a touch of Psychic in them, but it wasn't impossible to learn if enough effort was given.

As the Froslass was locked into the device, the snow wall that barricaded them from Dual crumbled down into snow and blew across the ice. Dual looked on proudly, leeching off every moment of the power boost that he could. With a little shove, the Gallade pushed the ball toward him, and Haji took it the rest of the way until Ivy caught it in her hand.

She looked at the device for a minute before putting it in her vest pocket with a solemn expression on her face. Haji checked to see if she was alright, and she was, but maybe the girl just had some compassion for the wounded Pokémon. It reminded him why he was drawn to her in the first place.

After the ball was safely tucked away, her expression changed to a happy one. “Wow,” she exclaimed, looking at the other Ranger. “That was pretty impressive.” Haji agreed.

While they all could use a rest, their job wasn't quite done yet. Before Dual could get back to them, a small Smoochum appeared from somewhere in the skating rink. She looked at the piles of snow and the ice shards laying around and made a sniffling sound, looking at the group on the bank. Her lip was wobbling, and she looked about ready to cry. Haji looked to Ivy and Chainy, knowing they were tired but hoping they would do something anyway.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? F Smoochum: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

1 Encounter Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass, Smoochum
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite, Mild M Riolu, Hasty F Froslass
MCR: 0/4,000 [Common Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 2x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Last edited by WinterVines; 09-27-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:26 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I fell onto my knees and hands, panting, exhausted by the effort required to teleport the Super Ball. I was only vaguely aware of the ice barrier crumbling and Ivy getting up.

"Wow, that was impressive," Ivy said to me.

I pushed back on my hands, dropping into a sitting position. I grinned up at Ivy, thanking her silently for the compliment - I would have said something but I was too busy panting.

Dual walked over to Sasha, shedding the Baton Pass power like a person would shed multiple coats. The energy was almost visible as it fell to the ground and wavered for a couple seconds before disappearing. The Gallade bent down and inspected Sasha thoroughly. His right hand began to glow white and he moved it over the Medicham, lingering momentarily on any spots that worried me. However, he confirmed my earlier diagnosis - Sasha would be just fine. He raised her up onto his back, carrying her easily.

I heard a small sniffling sound, and I raised my head tiredly. Another Smoochum was on the smooth ice plains. It was looking around at the seemingly wanton destruction and its lip began quivering. Knowing what was coming, I tiredly pushed myself back up into a standing position and crossed over to the little Ice-type. I pulled out a PokeDoll and handed it to the Wild Pokemon.

"Everything is alright little one," I said. "The Froslass is gone and we're heading on our way. Take this as an apology for the interruption."

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: The escape roll worked, but I'm leaving in the doll for RP purposes.)

NBP#20

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy offered a doll to the sniffling Smoochum, and Ivy watched as the little Ice-type look it with a shaking limb. She cradled it close to herself and blew her nose in it, and the Ranger hoped that Chainy didn't want the thing back. The Smoochum eventually waddled off with her new toy, maybe going home now that the excitement was over.

Ivy stretched her arms high, hearing a couple of her joints crack. She felt better than she had throughout the trip. She couldn't stop thinking about the Froslass, though, and like a person with a wad of money, her Super Ball was burning a hole in her pocket. She hoped it was more of an empathy thing than a possession thing. There would be problems if the ghost still had a hold on her even now, especially because there were wild Pokémon affected.

“Did you ever notice that all the weird stuff seems to happen when we go on runs together?” she shot toward the man with a smile. It was a strange coincidence, no doubt. It wasn't necessarily bad though, as her last experience had made her a lot stronger.

Haji brushed up against her legs and the Mienfoo chittered at her feet, so she nodded. She picked the little fighter up as the Espeon took the lead, and she nodded her head in the direction of the exit for Chainy and Dual to follow. They were all tired, but she at least wanted to get out of this cave to see if the Froslass being gone had changed anything.

They traveled down the cave halls, winding through the room Articuno had been nesting in, past where the Meditite had been sculpting blocks, and into the room where she could see the exit. Before they could leave, however, another Machop stepped in front of them.

She couldn't quite read its expression, but she was pretty sure Chainy didn't want to battle. She'd ask though, just in case he changed his mind from last time. “Looks like one last Pokémon showed up before we're out of here. What's the plan?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Machop: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

0 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass, Smoochum, Machop
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite, Mild M Riolu, Hasty F Froslass
MCR: 0/4,000 [Common Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 2x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Last edited by WinterVines; 09-27-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

(OOC: That's cool. Yay for horrific ending posts >_>)

The little Smoochum blew its nose into the doll before toddling off, seemingly none the worse for wear. I was glad of it - I didn't want any young Pokemon traumatised by the events on this mountain. It looked like there weren't going to be any though - for that Smoochum, at the very least.

“Did you ever notice that all the weird stuff seems to happen when we go on runs together?” Ivy asked me.

"Yeah, it had occurred to me," I said dryly. "Next time we'll end up fighting off Genesect in some hot springs or something."

I took the required couple of seconds to contemplate the sight of Ivy in nothing but a towel. The Ranger didn't seem to notice that I'd stopped, though, so it was easy for me to catch back up with her. We passed back through the caves and corridors - the Cobalion didn't reappear, so we presumably had performed our task well. The Articuno also wasn't in its nest - probably out hunting or stretching its wings.

Just before we could leave the final cave, near where the Meditite from before had been, a Machop stepped out. It didn't really seem interested in fighting me, and yet it obviously knew Park rules enough to not bother fleeing.

“Looks like one last Pokémon showed up before we're out of here. What's the plan?” Ivy asked me.

I yawned. It had been a long Expedition. "Just move on, I'm ready to go home," I said. "Besides, this guy doesn't really seem like he wants to battle anyway."

I was ready to go home and just rest. I knew which Pokemon I was taking out - the Riolu and the Vanillite would be good breeding exercises for Jathan. The Froslass... that was another story, but I knew it was my job to make sure it had a good home.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 09-26-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#21

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy yawned, proving how tiring this run had been. She agreed; she could go for a nap too.

“Just move on, I'm ready to go home,” he said. “Besides, this guy doesn't really seem like he wants to battle anyway.” It was true, since shortly after he said it, the Machop wandered off after giving them a long look.

Ivy just shrugged and went through the mouth of the cave, into the snowy path that led up into the main part of the mountain. It had finally stopped snowing, which suggested maybe the Froslass had something to do with it. Instead, it was a calm, clear night, and the snow glowed from the moon's light. It was nice, and despite being the middle of the night, she wasn't tired.

“Hey, Chainy, what do you say to walking back this time? I think that battle got me all wired.” Normally they would just teleport back, since that was easiest and quickest, but sometimes she just liked to enjoy nature. It was one of the reasons she became Park staff in the first place.

When they got back she'd register the three Pokémon he was taking, and they could probably finish the paperwork in the morning. She'd be here bright and early probably, despite being out late. It felt good to be back at work, and she wasn't going to mess that up.

---

Run Completed

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

0 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass, Smoochum, Machop
MCR: 0

Pokemon Stats

Last edited by WinterVines; 09-27-2011 at 01:55 AM.