It's that time of year again; midway through summer at no particularly important date! Which means it's time for the Summer Writing Competition. ;D Hopefully this is over before we're all back in school (though if past experience is any indicator, it will not). So I guess I should tell you the rules now.
You may only participate if you're a member of the URPG (if you're not, I dunno what you're doing here, silly). The URPG story you submit must be graded and end in a successful capture in order to qualify as an entry. ONLY post your story on ONE FORUM, just like any other story. Otherwise you'll confuse everything. .-. Only one entry is allowed per person.
Graders: If you grade a story that is entered in this competition, post the grade, delete it, and PM a copy of it to the author; the same goes for re-grades. Scourge and Kat know how to figure out wages and stuff, so it'll be all good.
You have from today, July 19th until August 19th to submit your story. I'll figure out how long each round is later.
1st Place: The Legendary Pokémon of your choosing and $10,000.
2nd Place: The Complex Pokemon of your choice and $5000.
Depending on how many people enter, the prizes may change. ;D
4~ Jack of Clovers
6~ Neo Pikachu
8~ Pokemon Trainer Sarah
14~ Phantom Kat
- This competition, just like all the others, will be done through rounds. The voter reads the stories in the round and then PM me with their top three stories, rating them from first place to third place with short summaries of each. First place equals three points. Second place equals two points. Third place equals one point. After the voting period is over, I will tally up the points for each story and move on the next round.
- When sending your PMs, please keep your summaries and ratings organized and neat. It makes it much easier to tally up votes without trying to figure out what the PM means. That means no 1337 or My Immortal wannabes, guys.
- Votes without summaries will not be counted. This ain't a popularity contest, I need to know you read the story.
- Voters will get paid for voting; the amount depends on the amount of stories in each round and their length.
- Only URPG members can vote. Those who are participating in the competition can vote. If your story is in the round you vote in, you get three points added to your total score.
- Please vote for the best stories, not for your friends. BIAS.
The Amagi Spirit by Gokudera-kun
The Champion by Nitro
Ingrained by Kai-mei
Magikarp: the Musical by ScarletKitsune
ET: The Evil Terrestrial by Opossumguy
You Have Been Warned by DoH
Amarantha's Departure by Buoysel
The 13th Victim by Webmaster
Aftermath by Sorocoroto
The Tale of Weedle by Synthesis
That Magikarp by Ebail
Soul Wars by AmericanTreeFrog
Numbers Game by MaverickKaiser
Mugged (Part 1) by Turtwig A
Looking for Hell by Scourge Sama
The Hedgewood Tree by Neonsands
Frogsong by WinterVines
Pokejail: A Journalized Experience by CommBA