Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments

ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments The place where all official gym challenges and tournament matches take place. The place where trainers from far and wide come to test their skills against the very best.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: GYM LEADER Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
What do you mean 'no DQ'? Like, if I've lost or won by DQ, then I can't challenge you..? Er, that pretty much includes every member. xD I suggest you get rid of the DQ bit altogether.
I'm reading that as "battles ending in DQ don't count towards the five."
Old 08-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
What do you mean 'no DQ'? Like, if I've lost or won by DQ, then I can't challenge you..? Er, that pretty much includes every member. xD I suggest you get rid of the DQ bit altogether.

So the Pokemon I send out has to have a Sig move? :/

Also, if someone picks 'Poison', you should make it mandatory that they pick 'Normal' as well, then another type so it's a 3v3 rather than 4v4. So yeah~ c:
Honestly, I was pretty much thinking the same, and I ended up LOL'ing throughout the night. Right, so I'll remove that part.

About Signature Moves, well, I'm kinda into them too much, and that's also a part of focus in my Gym, but instead of being a stuck-up in the ass, I'd just rather reduce it a bit. At least 1 of the Opponent's Pokemon comes with a Sig move? Hahahha, trying to promote Sig Moves here! Though if that doesn't work, I'd make a Optional thingy? I'll wait for Khajie or others for their input on this xD

Oh, and about Zangoose and Seviper. I like the way you implemented it, just to be clear though, in that 3v3, Seviper and Zangoose will appear as doubles (2v2), then the last Single Pokemon comes out.

Anything else? :D

-Tsuna

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
Honestly, I was pretty much thinking the same, and I ended up LOL'ing throughout the night. Right, so I'll remove that part.

About Signature Moves, well, I'm kinda into them too much, and that's also a part of focus in my Gym, but instead of being a stuck-up in the ass, I'd just rather reduce it a bit. At least 1 of the Opponent's Pokemon comes with a Sig move? Hahahha, trying to promote Sig Moves here! Though if that doesn't work, I'd make a Optional thingy? I'll wait for Khajie or others for their input on this xD

Oh, and about Zangoose and Seviper. I like the way you implemented it, just to be clear though, in that 3v3, Seviper and Zangoose will appear as doubles (2v2), then the last Single Pokemon comes out.

Anything else? :D

-Tsuna
If the DQ thing is as Nate says, than that's fine, but reword it to something like, "DQ's (win or loose or whatever you want, Sam) do not count towards the five battles," or something like that.

Meh, personally I'm not a big fan of Sig. moves, though I've typed up and considered applying a few of 'em. I'm mainly being selfish about this, since I'd like to battle your Gym eventually and I don't want to have to fabricate Sig. moves. n____n||

So you mean if the challenger picks the Poison and Normal-types, then the battle becomes a 3v3/4v4 Double?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
If the DQ thing is as Nate says, than that's fine, but reword it to something like, "DQ's (win or loose or whatever you want, Sam) do not count towards the five battles," or something like that.

Meh, personally I'm not a big fan of Sig. moves, though I've typed up and considered applying a few of 'em. I'm mainly being selfish about this, since I'd like to battle your Gym eventually and I don't want to have to fabricate Sig. moves. n____n||

So you mean if the challenger picks the Poison and Normal-types, then the battle becomes a 3v3/4v4 Double?
It is what Nate says. But I'll re-word it then for convenience of understanding sake. W00t.

If you'd like my badge, you better start loving Sig moves now, missy! ahahhahah. In all seriousness though, it's all part of the Gym, and something which also plays a major role in the Sevi-Goose battle.

About Zangoose and Seviper. The deal is that they always battle together. Doubles. But at the end of the battle, they're considered as One Type.

Ex
You choose Poison, Normal is added along. (One Type)
You choose Water (Two Type)
You choose Electric (Three Type)

The order of the Types can be either decided by the Leader or the Challenger (I'm falling for Leader here). So the battle would progress like this.

Suppose the opponent/leader picks Poison/Normal, during the first few rounds, there'd be a Doubles battle for Zangoose & Seviper against the opponent's Poison/Normal. If the Leader wins, then this battle goes to the me, and we go over to the next type. Suppose that's Electric. Then for the next few rounds, that battle happens and so forth.

Ex
I sends Zangoose & Seviper
Saraibre Ryu sends Kangaskhan & Muk

Battle starts...and if Sabi wins, the battle goes to her.

Sabi 1 : Leader 0

Next battle (in the same thread)

I send Eelektross
Saraibre sends Raichu

Battle starts..and if I win, the battle goes to me.

Sabi 1 : Leader 1

and so, the last battle determines the winner.

The reason why I'm so picky about Zangoose & Seviper about working together (always doubles), is because of their Signature Move; which I will be introducing soon. Look forward to it ;)

-Tsuna

Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
It is what Nate says. But I'll re-word it then for convenience of understanding sake. W00t.

If you'd like my badge, you better start loving Sig moves now, missy! ahahhahah. In all seriousness though, it's all part of the Gym, and something which also plays a major role in the Sevi-Goose battle.

About Zangoose and Seviper. The deal is that they always battle together. Doubles. But at the end of the battle, they're considered as One Type.

Ex
You choose Poison, Normal is added along. (One Type)
You choose Water (Two Type)
You choose Electric (Three Type)

The order of the Types can be either decided by the Leader or the Challenger (I'm falling for Leader here). So the battle would progress like this.

Suppose the opponent/leader picks Poison/Normal, during the first few rounds, there'd be a Doubles battle for Zangoose & Seviper against the opponent's Poison/Normal. If the Leader wins, then this battle goes to the me, and we go over to the next type. Suppose that's Electric. Then for the next few rounds, that battle happens and so forth.

Ex
I sends Zangoose & Seviper
Saraibre Ryu sends Kangaskhan & Ariados

Battle starts...and if Sabi wins, the battle goes to her.

Sabi 1 : Leader 0

Next battle (in the same thread)

I send Eelektross
Saraibre sends Raichu

Battle starts..and if I win, the battle goes to me.

Sabi 1 : Leader 1

and so, the last battle determines the winner.

The reason why I'm so picky about Zangoose & Seviper about working together (always doubles), is because of their Signature Move; which I will be introducing soon. Look forward to it ;)

-Tsuna
I think I see myself being used as an involuntary example herez...

I wanna battle this gym. Oh and yes I had to make a correction in there. I dun like Muk. pX

Also I do believe I forgot the No OHKO rule in my and White Knights Gym...
Old 09-04-2011, 12:42 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Tsuna, your Gym is approved. Congratulations, and go ahead and make your thread.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 09-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy View Post
Tsuna, your Gym is approved. Congratulations, and go ahead and make your thread.
Did I hear...approved? OH HELL YEAH :D

Since I'm a neat freak and all, I'll get it up in a day or two, with the suggestions and help I've gotten from Jenn. Look forward to it, along with...well, you'll know when you see them. Cheers!

-Tsuna

Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Did I hear...approved? OH HELL YEAH :D

Since I'm a neat freak and all, I'll get it up in a day or two, with the suggestions and help I've gotten from Jenn. Look forward to it, along with...well, you'll know when you see them. Cheers!

-Tsuna
I sent you the PM with what you need to do. They're pretty simple, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :D
Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Quote:
I sent you the PM with what you need to do. They're pretty simple, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :D
Yessiree. :D Yay one word.

-Tsuna

Old 09-10-2011, 05:01 PM
paperfairy Offline

Gym Title: Regression Gym

Description of Gym Theme: All Pokémon battle with their stats reduced to their original forms.

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: I realize that my roster is ridiculously large. To compensate for that, I will only be using the six Pokémon listed here, with no wild cards, and I will declare my side before the challenger does.

Single/Double/Triple? Single.

How many Pokémon per side? Three. Before every battle, the leader will declare the 3 Pokémon he will use, followed by the challenger. The combined EXP levels of either declaration cannot exceed 16.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No items.

What is the Gym Arena?
The battle arena is a direct replica of Cynthia's room from the Sinnoh Pokémon League.

While inside the arena, the following effects are in place, and cannot be turned off:

1) All attempts to use Signature Moves will fail and result in an appropriate energy deduction.
2) All Pokémon will be judged during battle as if they had never evolved. For example:

Quote:
SALAMENCE
ATK: 9
DEF: 7
SPATK: 8
SPDEF: 7
SPEED: 100
EXP: 9
WEIGHT: 1026
upon entering battle, would become

Quote:
SALAMENCE
ATK: 5
DEF: 5
SPATK: 3
SPDEF: 4
SPEED: 50
EXP: 3
WEIGHT: 421
3) Despite having their stats reduced, Pokémon still retain their ability and movepool from their actual form.
4) All stat boosts received outside of battle (vitamins) wear off.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? None.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. lol.

Last edited by paperfairy; 09-10-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
eishiba Offline

Gym Title:Ye Ol' Country Farmers Gym
Description of Gym Theme: Have you ever gone to a farm and wondered what kind of crazy stuff they have? Ever felt the creeps over what strange people like to do in the middle of the woods? What kind of spooks come with deranged country folks? Here at Ye Ol' Country Farmers Gym, you will find out! Only Pokemon used in the country or on a farm are used by the leader here.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Miltank, Blaziken, Primeape, Stoutland, Ampharos, Grumpig(Subject to change)

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple? Single
How many Pokémon per side?3
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?no ohko moves like sheer cold and fissure(you have to earn your ohko), 3 chills per trainer
What is the Gym Arena?The arena takes place out back behind the barn. We don't want to injure any animals! The arena starts off on the plains on a hill. Once both competitors send out their first two pokemon, the arena changes to one of 17 different arenas. The ref must role a number 1-17 to determine which arena it is. At the end of every round, the ref must announce what the arena for the next round, so as to let the competitors prepare. Each arena becomes a different location which powers up certain types of pokemon. If the arena is the same type as a pokemon in battle(example, Pikachu in the electric arena) then all of Pikachus moves, electric or not, are given an extra +2 in each stat! When the arena changes from one to the other, (example, electric to water) the stats go back to normal. (Unless you have boosted your own stats.) Each arena is different and has its own hazards.

Spoiler:
Normal-In a street, people are walking by and cars are passing by. It is possible to get hit by a car. Damage roll of 1-5.

Fire- Deep inside a volcano with the temperture blazing hot. The blazing heat is sizzling and there is a 30% chance of falling asleep(temporary fainting from the heat). Fire types won't mind the heat however.

Water- In a river with extrelemy cold, rushing, white water. There are a few rock formations to stand on for those not of water type or having any swimming ability. (Yes you can knock your opponent into the water.) Water crashes against the rocks, soaking everything around. The water is so cold that there is a 30% chance of becoming frozen!

Grass- In the open plains with grass about 4-5 feet in hieght. Great for hiding in.
Bug-Inside a bee hive, swarming with angry bees! The bees will attack at the end of a round. Damage roll of 1-3

Ghost- In the Boo House from the Mario games! In this creepy old musty house, there is not a single sound as the Pokemon battle in an enclosed room full of spiders and bats. During battle, during each action, there is a 30% chance of a Boo scaring the opponent before they attack. Being scared results in flinching for that action. Ghost types will not be affected by this.

Psychic-For this, we are in the middle of the battle between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader on the Star Destroyer. There is a 40% chance of Darth Vader using the Force on you. Not only does he throw you against a wall (Damage roll 1-5) there is a 30% chance of confusion!

Dark-In a room of total darkness. Any move with accuracy over 50% is reduced to 50%. Only dark types are unaffected.

Steel-Watch out! Megatron is on the loose! Battling in a city on top of a 50 story building, there is a 40% chance that Megatron will attack! When he attacks, he will crush the building, causing it to reduce a few stories, this causes each pokemon to fall. Unless you are a flying type or have levitate,...its going to hurt! Damage roll 1-4.

Rock-At the bottom of the Grand Canyon. As dry and hot as it is here, there is more to worry about. Rocks are falling from the sky! There is a 30% chance of being crushed by a rock. 1-8 for damage roll.

Fighting-In a fighting arena, surrounded by a crowd involving Nintendo characters like Mario and Kirby. Every move made must be super effective or a critcal, any other outcome and items such as coke cans, popcorn, Mario's fireball, etc are thrown at the pokemon. Damage roll 1-3.

Ice- At the Northpole! Its freezing ba!!s and Santa is flying overhead and his reindeer have just eaten their fill. Watch out for deer droppings falling from the sky! A roll of 1-5 is determined. A roll of 1 is hit by droppings and accuracy is reduced by 20%. (obviously stays even after the arena changes.)

Dragon-Here the two are on the docks of Angel Grove city. You must watch out as the Green Ranger and his Dragonzord is doing battle with one of Rita Repulsa's monsters! Dragonzord was always extremely slow so watch out as his missles fire as he couldn't hit anything stationary! 40% chance of being hit. Contact with a missle results in being paralyzed until the end of the following round.

Flying-High in the sky in the clouds. The clouds will hold any pokemon. Using a move such as Earthquake or any move involving pounding the ground will result in falling through the clouds. It is possibly to Vital Throw, Seismic toss or Pound your opponent through the clouds(or any other method). This results in the cloud dissipating. A rush of powerful wind rushes from the gap, sending the pokemon into the air and crashing onto another cloud. (Crashing onto a cloud from a gust of wind does not cause this effect again.) Damage roll of 1-7.

Electric-In a power plant surrounded by electrical wires falling. 30% chance of contact with a wire and causes paraylsis. Electric, Rock and Ground types won't be affected.

Ground-DEEP under ground! So far under that we are in hell! Its not so hot here, however there are tons of tremors being caused by Satan himself! Flying types and levetators can't stay airboune and are forced to land. Tremors don't cause damage but have a 20% chance of a pokemon becoming confused from the bobbing motion from the tremors.

Poison-In a sewer. Both pokemon will battle in sewage water about 2 feet high. Who knows whats in it! Steel and Poison types wont care, any other type must roll 1-10. 1 will call for the pokemon to become posioned.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym?Come prepared.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=114738

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=113665

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111848

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=115059

Not sure how many wins I have but I know I have only two losses!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:42 PM
paperfairy Offline

1) Why does the arena not match the theme? Or rather, why the hell does it change?
2) You said that Pikachu's attacks get +2 when the arena is Electric... do you mean the BP, ACC, et cetera, or Pikachu's SPATK and ATK... I need you to elaborate.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
eishiba Offline

I was meaning +2 in each stat. ATK SPATK DEF SPDEF SPD. As far as the arena, there is no logical explanation. Only that it is unexpected, much like how horror movies portray the country as being dangerous and scary. Cabin Fever, Friday 13th, movies like these have very unbelievable characteristics taking place out in the country. Ever walked through a barn and seen the wild things farmers keep in their barns? In elementary school, we toured a farm and the two most memorable parts was that the farmer kept a baseball bat in every room of his barn and outside and that the slaughter house kept the sharpened tools hanging from the ceiling. Needless to say they only let us poke our heads in but not actually walk in. lol. Anyways, it was just a try. I can always change the arena. I guess I'm thinking from the games of how the arena never matched the gym type.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
I was meaning +2 in each stat. ATK SPATK DEF SPDEF SPD. As far as the arena, there is no logical explanation. Only that it is unexpected, much like how horror movies portray the country as being dangerous and scary. Cabin Fever, Friday 13th, movies like these have very unbelievable characteristics taking place out in the country. Ever walked through a barn and seen the wild things farmers keep in their barns? In elementary school, we toured a farm and the two most memorable parts was that the farmer kept a baseball bat in every room of his barn and outside and that the slaughter house kept the sharpened tools hanging from the ceiling. Needless to say they only let us poke our heads in but not actually walk in. lol. Anyways, it was just a try. I can always change the arena. I guess I'm thinking from the games of how the arena never matched the gym type.
Er... the gyms usually did match the gym theme, or else the theme of the city. Anyway, "The Hills Have Eyes" doesn't really translate to "random arena transition." And why are all these weird transitions happening behind a barn anyway?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Eishiba~

It's a good idea.
But it seems to stray from the idea some.
The arena doesn't seem to fit well with your idea (as said already).
Also some of your pokemon don't seem to fit either.
Primape - What does a monkey have to do with a farm?
Blaziken - I understand it's previous evolutions were chicken like, but it really isn't a farm animal anymore, and doesn't contribute to anything on a farm anyway.
Ampharos - Same as above. It's evolutions could contribute wool and be farm animals. But now, it doesn't prove to much use of a farm.
These all would be pokemon that would befriended the farmer and become his friends, and not really fit into a farm theme.

I don't know if I'm over thinking the pokemon some, but I just think that it needs some tweaking, either of the theme or of everything other an that.

Those are my very cluttered and confusing thoughts on the matter. xD

lv.100@1618
Links

Closed Thread