Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments

ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments The place where all official gym challenges and tournament matches take place. The place where trainers from far and wide come to test their skills against the very best.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: GYM LEADER Applications

Well. Hm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Should be under "Theme" where your, er, RANT is...
Rant? -cough-
At any rate, didn't realize. I'll make a fix.

Meaning that the first pair of Pokemon the challenger send out must have a base Speed of 100 or greater and/or must weight at least 220 lbs.?
One of the challenger's Pokemon must be 100 speed or greater; the other must be 220 lbs or above.
You only need to state your six default Pokemon (in this case, it's Alakazam, Sceptile, Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, and Magnezone). The others (Hydregion and Weavile) can be switched in later by posting here.

Wild cards are Pokemon that are usable whether or not they fit your theme. So if your theme was "Fire-types only", then you could use Venusaur to prevent yourself from being swept by Water-types. Etc, etc.

Whoops.
-

Tossing this in, just 'cuz~
Bold indicates that the Pokemon is in both groups.

Pokemon with base speed ≥ 100:
Charizard, Fearow, Raichu, Ninetales, Tentacruel, Dodrio, Voltorb, Typhlosion, Miltank, Linoone, Slaking, Flygon, Salamence, Staraptor, Volcarona, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Garchomp, Emolga, Kadabra, Rapidash, Scyther, Electabuzz, Manectric, Lopunny, Mismagius, Zoroark, Cryogonal, Mienshao, Liepard, Infernape, Galvantula, Durant, Gengar, Tauros, Jumpluff, Espeon, Froslass, Archeops, Purugly, Scolipede, Serperior, Swoobat, Persian, Starmie, Sneasel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Cinccino, Zebstrika, Whimsicott, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Sceptile, Swellow, Weavile, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Electrode, Accelgor, and Ninjask.

Pokemon with weight ≥ 220 lbs.:
Venusaur, Tropius, Meganium, Boldore, Rampardos, Salamence, Graveler, Munchlax, Haxorus, Dusknoir, Garbodor, Claydol, Spiritomb, Ferrothorn, Shelgon, Rhyhorn, Scizor, Dewgong, Exeggutor, Rhydon, Donphan, Lairon, Forretress, Ursaring, Tangrowth, Machamp, Wailmer, Slaking, Cloyster, Jellicent, Abomasnow, Electivire, Druddigon, Lickilicky, Cryogonal, Magnezone, Bronzong, Crustle, Scolipede, Tyranitar, Metang, Onix, Dragonite, Lapras, Mantine, Camerupt, Gyarados, Hariyama, Glalie, Gigalith, Beartic, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Golem, Hippowdon, Torterra, Golurk, Probopass, Aggron, Wailord, Steelix, Snorlax, and Metagross.

This shows that your possible roster would be WAY too big. How about you have to use all four of the bolded Pokemon, and one other Pokemon from each group to make your six? It's either this, come up with a new theme, or pitch a compromise at me.
Hm. I suppose that that's possible. I'll make the needed changes.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Quote:
No, I understood what you meant, but you have to be more specific. Like, Poisoned as in Toxipoisoned--and if so, what level of Toxipoisoning--or Poison from something like Poison Powder or the effects of Sludge Bomb?

I think it'll be easier if you just state the percentage of Health that is reduced when this tile is stepped on. :P
Sounds good.
Mmkay. I'll PM/VM you when we have 8 Leaders decided, or just keep an eye on this thread.

I made the necessary changes.
~I'll await your pm. Good Luck.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Gym Title: Y U NO LIEK MY BODIEZ?!

Description of Gym Theme: Only Pokemon with the word "Body" in their Ability can be used by the Leader.

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Volcarona, Metang/Metagross, Jellicent, Chandelure, Vanilluxe, Walrein.

Single/Double/Triple? Single.

How many Pokémon per side? Two.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? 30 Health CAP, 3 chill per trainer CAP, no OHKO moves.

What is the Gym Arena? -Spiffy name here-
A plain arena that changes before every battle depending on the number the Ref rolls out of a 35-sided die. If 1-10, the arena is a mountain peak, plagued by constant snow and hail. The weather is misty with a 2% chance at the end of each Round for a four-action'd Hail storm starting. Electric-type attacks are 1/4 effective in this arena. If a 11-20 is rolled, the arena is a large pool with floating platforms for trainers and non-aquatic Pokemon to stand on. No weather-altering moves can be used sucessfully while battling in this arena. If 21-30, the arena is a dence forest, cluttered with fallen leaves and taunting bushes. Because of the thick trees around the entire arena, a Pokemon's Speed is reduced by 1 so they don't crash into trees. If a Pokemon's Speed is raised above -1, then there is a 15% chance each action that the Pokemon's move will fail due to them ramming a tree. And if a 31-35 is rolled, the arena is of the challenger's choosing. Note: The arena's aren't limited to one's used in the Gym. So you could make the arena be a desert and whatnot.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? Challenger must have won at least one battle, must not be in any other battles, and isn't allowed to use Basic/Baby Pokemon - only Stage 1+ and non-evolving.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. I'm too pro to need this B)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fedora View Post
Gym Title: Wyvern Eternal
Description of Gym Theme: Dragons. Dragons everywhere.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Axew (Haxorus on evolution), Deino (Hydreigon on evolution), Kingdra, Garchomp, Dragonite, Druddigon

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
3 Pokémon per side.
No Damage Caps, no Direct Healing moves, no OHKO Moves

Arena:
The battle takes place atop a massive mountain, settled just beneath raging storm clouds. The battlefield is a smooth surface, carved flat 40 meters out leading to a sheer drop from all angles. Every turn there is a 10% chance that lightning will strike, with 5% of hitting either Pokemon (cannot strike both, and the challenger is rolled first). This increases to 10% against flying types, and 25% against Steel types.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym?
The challenger must have at least one Gym badge, and must have a Pokemon capable of using Fly.

Links to Battles: I helped to design the system, I know what the hell I'm doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushigidane View Post
Gym Title: Extreme Vowels
Description of Gym Theme: Leader must use Pokemon thats name and ability start with a vowel.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Ivysaur, Alakazam, Amoongus, Arcanine, Illumise, Arbok
--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple? Single
How many Pokémon per side? Three
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps, no OHKO Moves
ARENA
The side of a volcano. It has a rocky surface, and the ground is never straight. There is a 5% chance the volcano will blow up, and both Pokemon will get burned unless one is a fire type.
What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? None

Number 1, Number 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Gym Title: Velocity and Mass

Description of Gym Theme:
The biggest matched with the fastest. Blinding speed compliments awesome strength in a dazzling, cover-your-partner's-behind type of way. The Gym Leader is only permitted to use this combination of speed, be it in the form of a Pokemon who is big and fast, or a pair that matches the criteria. PHYSICS FREAKING HARMONY, WHOO

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme:
Alakazam, Salamence, Charizard, Cryogonal, Slaking, Scolipede (Straight rentals. But eventually I will have them all.)

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple? Double.

How many Pokémon per side?
Six.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No OHKOS, and 3 chills per Pokemon.

What is the Gym Arena?
Aperture Labs

In Aperture Labs, there's a forgotten Testchamber called Chamber 101: Chamber LOL. Chamber 101 has a small entry hallway (Six feet by twelve feet) that opens up into a 50' x 70' arena made up almost entirely of white panels. The wall to the right as you walk in is made of dark-brown bricks. Jutting out from this wall is a platform made of the same stuff, and a turret watches the battle from above. For each action, a 40-sided die is rolled. For 1-10, the turret catches sight of the Pokemon who is being rolled for (challenger first, and the turret cannot attack or make a Pokemon flinch twice in a round) and it fires on the Pokemon in a move treated as Steel Type, which has a power of 18. It is STAB, is physical, and strikes 2-5 times. If the roll is 11-20, the turret will say something to the effect of "I see you" and make the Pokemon flinch. If the roll is 21-40, the turret hums to itself and does nothing. There's also a radio that will play 'Exile Vilify' throughout the battle. It's as dangerous as the turret when it hums (that is to say, it's completely harmless).

Your starting pair can be any two Pokemon you want, however, one Pokemon must have a speed > 100, and the other must weigh > 220 lbs. Your other four Pokemon can be any darned Pokemon you like.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present.
I love winning by default!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Gym Title:
A /bit/ poisonous.
-
Description of Gym Theme:
Pokemon that can learn Poison-type moves via level up that are not of the Poison-type.
-

(I have Electrocross, Octillery, and Shuckle/ The others I plan to get.)
-x-

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Single
-
-
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?
30 Damage Cap, No OHKO moves
-
What is the Gym Arena?
The gym is a large room with its floor covered in white tiles that are about 2 square feet. The walls are covered with tiles but they change colors often and randomly. The gym leader is the purple team and the challenger is the green team. Every time a pokemon steps on a tile, it glows it's teams color until it leaves the space when it turn back to white. But if a pokemon from the opposite team steps on that tile, it can cause something to happen to that pokemon.
Math: At the end of every round a number is rolled for the pokemon on both sides.
Rounds 1-7: 20% Chance of stepping on a "lighted" tile.
Rounds 8-12: 35% Chance of stepping on a "lighted" tile.
Rounds 13+ : 50% Chance of stepping on a "lighted" tile.

If they do step on a tile roll out of 100 to find.
1-30: The pokemon suffers from the effects of fog for the next round.
31-70: The pokemon receives poison damage for this round only. (-3 HP)
71-85: The pokemon is given an electric shock. (Electric, 40 BP, Special)
86-95: Flash is used at the beginning of the next round. (effects both pokemon)
95-100: The pokemon is healed by 10% Health.

None
-x-

Battles
I don't battle much.

(/Cough/ Just a side note. If you wanted little pixel images to represent the badges you would win, I would volunteer to make them.)
After talk amongst the staff, we have determined that all of these Applicants have been Accepted to be an ASB Gym Leader. They will be PM'd instructions on what to do and how to set up their thread, etc.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Gym Title: The Immortal Long Life<3

Description of Gym Theme: Leader uses Pokemon that has 130 base HP stats or higher but has one or more stats equal to or lower than 50.

Blissey (HP255/ATK10/DEF10/S.ATK75/S.DEF135/SPD55), Wobbuffet (190/33/58/33/58/33), Wailord (170/90/45/90/45/60), Snorlax (160/110/65/65/110/30), Drifblim (150/80/44/90/54/80), Hariyama (144/120/60/40/60/50).

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Single.
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps. No OHKO moves (including Destiny Bond, etc.), 2 Chills per Pokemon, no switching Pokemon until it is fainted (including U-Turn, Baton Pass, etc.).

What is the Gym Arena? An arena built on giant Tree of Life.
A giant tree of life with height of 1000 m, and the trunk has diameter of 24 m. The tree has only four giant branches which are facing North, East, South, and West. It looks like a hand with four fingers, and has many green leaves covering the edge of the fingers. The middle of the trunk where the 4 giant branches grow, is built an arena. A round arena with diameter of 40 m with vines and leaves around. There are plants surrounding the arena, and dim light on the arena floor. The leaves from the four giant branches glow colourful during the night, making the arena really beautiful and sparkling at the night.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? Everyone is welcome.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. Organised here.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 08-28-2011, 04:54 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post
Gym Title: The Immortal Long Life<3

Description of Gym Theme: Leader uses Pokemon that has 130 base HP stats or higher but has one or more stats equal to or lower than 50.

Blissey (HP255/ATK10/DEF10/S.ATK75/S.DEF135/SPD55), Wobbuffet (190/33/58/33/58/33), Wailord (170/90/45/90/45/60), Snorlax (160/110/65/65/110/30), Drifblim (150/80/44/90/54/80), Hariyama (144/120/60/40/60/50).

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Single.
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps. No OHKO moves (including Destiny Bond, etc.), 2 Chills per Pokemon, no switching Pokemon until it is fainted (including U-Turn, Baton Pass, etc.).

A giant tree of life with height of 1000 m, and the trunk has diameter of 24 m. The tree has only four giant branches which are facing North, East, South, and West. It looks like a hand with four fingers, and has many green leaves covering the edge of the fingers. The middle of the trunk where the 4 giant branches grow, is built an arena. A round arena with diameter of 40 m with vines and leaves around. There are plants surrounding the arena, and dim light on the arena floor. The leaves from the four giant branches glow colourful during the night, making the arena really beautiful and sparkling at the night.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. Organised here.
I don't like it... because ASB doesn't use those stats.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

^ That, but reworded to, "I don't like it... because the ASB doesn't use that stat."

Also, bad move on your part for banning Destiny Bond when Wobbuffet is included in your line-up. XD

Though it's an interesting theme, I'll give you that! Maybe change 'HP' to some other stat that is actually incorporated? :P

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 08-28-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Agreed with 3m0. I suggest changing it to one of the Defense stats, and switching the stats to the ASB scale.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

I realized that all Pokemon on ASB have the same HP since paperfairy posted "I don't like that". XD

I'll edit it soon. If not, I'll come up with my first theme I thought "Hurt to Touch".

EDIT: I won't even use Destiny Bond, and never use it in my game, ever.

Last edited by Foxamivalth; 08-28-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

... Your choice, no matter how silly it is. c;

Also, don't edit - repost it.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

I'll go with this one first.

Gym Title: Unbreakable Defense

Description of Gym Theme: Leader uses Pokemon that have one or more defensive stats (DEF or/and S.DEF) equal to 10 or more, but have one or more offensive stats (ATK or/and S.ATK) equal to 5 or lower.

Steelix (ATK 6/DEF 11/S.ATK 4/S.DEF 6)
Blissey (ATK 1/DEF 11/S.ATK 5/S.DEF 15)
Wobbuffet (ATK 3/DEF 10/S.ATK 3/S.DEF 10)
Aggron (ATK 8/DEF 10/S.ATK 4/S.DEF 5)
Snorlax (ATK 8/DEF 9/S.ATK 5/S.DEF 11)
Rhyperior (ATK 10/DEF 10/S.ATK 4/S.DEF 7).

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Single.
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps. No OHKO moves (including Destiny Bond, etc.), no switching out until the Pokemon is fainted (including U-Turn, Baton Pass, etc.), 2 Chills per Pokemon.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Gym Title: Muscle Men and Femme Fatales
Description of Gym Theme: Gender specific only Pokémon
Male Team of White Knight:
Nidoking, Braviary, Gallade, Tauros, Sawk, Hitmontop

Female Team of Saraibre Ryu:
Kangaskhan, Mandibuzz, Lilligant, Froslass, Vespiquen, Nidoqueen

--BATTLE RULES--

Single/Double/Triple?
Multi-Battle

Two Pokémon per Trainer, 4 Pokémon per team.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?
Opposing team must have at least one male and one female Pokémon out on the field at all possible times.
No use of Attract
Damage Cap: 45

What is the Gym Arena?
A huge stadium with a field at the bottom: It has rows of seats rising up and facing the battlefield. The field itself is half blue and half pink with the standard Pokémon stadium markings. For each round, people in the stadium cheer for one of the genders, raising one of that gender's stats for that round. Stats boosts are not permanent and only apply for the round. The stat boost is them removed before the next round starts.

Before each round is reffed, and after all actions have been made, two dice are rolled; one 100 sided, one 7 sided.
Die #1- If die is 1-50, females get one stat boost. If die is 51-100, males get one stat boost.
Die #2- If die is-

1: +1 ATK
2: +1 DEF
3: +1 SPATK
4: +1 SPDEF
5: +1 SPD
6: +1 ACC
7: +1 EVA

None

List of Sabi's better battles:

I know it's a DQ but it had an awesome round by me in there.
Double Battle

Some of White Knight's battles:

Battle 1
Battle 2

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 08-29-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

You guys know that I love this idea sososo much, so I'm rooting for this one! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
Stats boosts are not permanent--
This is the only thing that got me. So moves like Swords Dance aren't usable? If so, then you should add that to your restrictions. :P
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
You guys know that I love this idea sososo much, so I'm rooting for this one! :D

This is the only thing that got me. So moves like Swords Dance aren't usable? If so, then you should add that to your restrictions. :P
Oh no the rolled stat's boosts aren't permanent. XD
You can use Swords dance and such, just the ones rolled after all actions are commanded and before the rounds start. Those ones aren't permanent, they are removed before the next round starts. That's what we mean.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

I happen to saw you guys planing this idea. I think it is great. :'D

One thing that comes to mind.
~Say someone doesn't want to battle with a partner.
Could they face you gym by themselves and control 2 pokemon at a time, or do you require them to have a partner?

Quote:

That statement is under the Arena.
So I am pretty sure, they mean the stat boost that the pokemon get from the arena.

EDIT: WHAT?
DINO CAN'T BE DINO'D.
That would be illogical.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 08-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I happen to saw you guys planing this idea. I think it is great. :'D

One thing that comes to mind.
~Say someone doesn't want to battle with a partner.
Could they face you gym by themselves and control 2 pokemon at a time, or do you require them to have a partner?

EDIT: WHAT?
DINO CAN'T BE DINO'D.
That would be illogical.
Ohyes, you just got Dino'd Dino. I am illogical.

Anyway, I wrote up something for the multi battle rules, just waiting on paperfairy to let me know about it. You may of seen it, I'm not sure.

That's a good question though and since I wrote up the rules for the multi battle, I don't see why one person couldn't battle two people at the same time, using two Pokemon.