Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default POTM: Dragonite Family!

Our Pokemon of the Month is the Dragonite Family!

So PE2K, what are some of your favorite things in regards to our only Dragon types in the first Gen!? How about personal experiences? Post anything and everything you like or dislike about our Pokemon of the Month!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: POTM: Dragonite Family!

Dragonite's cool. Especially in the Lighthouse episode xD It was so giant. And mysterious. I really liked the messenger Dragonite in the first movie as well. In fact, this was my favourite Pokemon card for a long time. I even printed it out and stuck it in my card folder xD Eventually I got a real one haha.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
atucker22 Offline

I always remember in RBY, I thought that they were impossible to catch and only Lance had them because all my friends and I didn't ever find one. But then I caught one like 5 years ago, and realized you actually could catch them in RBY
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 08-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Offline

Ah, the original dragons. Those, I like.

In the first generation, I was a bit annoyed at the fact that dragon was a type of its own, when only 3 pokémon had it. Made it very special and had a new type with only 3 pokémon been introduced today, they would probably be considered legendaries of that generation.

First of all, I like the looks of Dratini and Dragonair. Dratini looks a bit like a worm, yes, but it's very cute in a way. Dragonair looks mysterious and beautiful. Much more so than Milotic, who is supposed to be a beautiful pokémon. I never really liked the looks of Dragonite much, though. It resembles Charizard too much, and Charizard is way more cool. Dragonite looks a little like a dumb cartoonish version of it. And it looks weird for being the final evo for Dratini and Dragonair. It just doesn't resemble them at all, not even by color. But then again, so doesn't Vibrava or Magikarp either.

When it comes to in-game, I've only caught Dratini once or twice and I didn't have the patience to train it into evolution ^^ I'd love to have a Dragonair though, but maybe I wouldn't want it to evolve further. Even though Dragonite was a pain in the Elite 4 as well... Even more so.

Other than that, I'd still say they are among the best dragons. They look a bit mythical while being cute. Compared to Salamence or that "land shark" pokémon in Sinnoh... ugh, they are so very ugly. Kibago and its evolutions look cool enough to challenge the Dragonite family in some ways, though.

I haven't tried RPing with a Dratini (RPing is my main area ^^' so I've got to talk about it a little here) but I think I'd have difficulties with one thing... can Dratini and Dragonite fly or not? I have no idea, actually :x

- Johto Chronicles -
your very own adventure
with POKÉMON awaits...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Oh my goodness, I love Dragonite. Dratini and Dragonair are cute, but I could just snuggle with Dragonite all day! By far one of my favorite Pokemon in history, next to Blastoise. I really wish people would give more attention to Dragonite, instead of the other ugly excuses for dragons (namely Salamence, Gartard, Giragina and Haxorz), which is a big reason I hate most meta-gamers. Dragonite, even if everyone abandons you, I'm always there...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm View Post
Ah, the original dragons. Those, I like.

In the first generation, I was a bit annoyed at the fact that dragon was a type of its own, when only 3 pokémon had it. Made it very special and had a new type with only 3 pokémon been introduced today, they would probably be considered legendaries of that generation.

First of all, I like the looks of Dratini and Dragonair. Dratini looks a bit like a worm, yes, but it's very cute in a way. Dragonair looks mysterious and beautiful. Much more so than Milotic, who is supposed to be a beautiful pokémon. I never really liked the looks of Dragonite much, though. It resembles Charizard too much, and Charizard is way more cool. Dragonite looks a little like a dumb cartoonish version of it. And it looks weird for being the final evo for Dratini and Dragonair. It just doesn't resemble them at all, not even by color. But then again, so doesn't Vibrava or Magikarp either.

When it comes to in-game, I've only caught Dratini once or twice and I didn't have the patience to train it into evolution ^^ I'd love to have a Dragonair though, but maybe I wouldn't want it to evolve further. Even though Dragonite was a pain in the Elite 4 as well... Even more so.

Other than that, I'd still say they are among the best dragons. They look a bit mythical while being cute. Compared to Salamence or that "land shark" pokémon in Sinnoh... ugh, they are so very ugly. Kibago and its evolutions look cool enough to challenge the Dragonite family in some ways, though.

I haven't tried RPing with a Dratini (RPing is my main area ^^' so I've got to talk about it a little here) but I think I'd have difficulties with one thing... can Dratini and Dragonite fly or not? I have no idea, actually :x
Dragonair and Dragonite can fly, but I don't think Dratini can.

My fondest memory of the Dragonite family was receiving a Japanese Shiny Dragonite off of the GTS and using it in Pokemon Battle Revolution online battles. Those were the days. Because of it, we won a fair few fights.

During that time, I put Dragonite in the daycare to get a Dratini. First egg that hatched was a Shiny Dratini. I didn't realise what the Masuda Method was back then, but I was astonished. Sadly both are now gone when I erased my file. :(
Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I remember getting in arguments about how dragonite could or could not fly when I was like, 6. Ah those were fun times. I never got to own a Dragonite until later years in the games. It took me awhile for me to figure out Extremespeed Dratini in G/S/C existed.

In RBY, I always thought charizard as the original dragon. *still does* anyway, they are pretty awesome. I like their original orange colouring over their shiny green counterparts, but I love shiny Dragonair.

I remember in G/S/C that you could catch a level 10 Dragonair using a Super rod in the small pond on the Route between Blackthorn and New Bark Town. I cloned it and traded it for the rhydon in Blackthorn. XD Anyone else know about this?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Dragonite was actually the first Pokemon I ever legitimately raised to level 100 without any rare candies. :) Unfortunately it's on my Gold version, so when the battery dies ... ;_;
Unless Pokemon Stadium 2 is able to have a save data foreverz. I have it, I just don't have a thingamajig to put a GBC cartridge in.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Cepheus Offline

The wonder that is Dragonite has evaded me since Gen I... Lack of patience I assume... Perhaps I'll raise my recently caught Dratini on SoulSilver... Sounds like a plan...
Old 08-06-2011, 01:02 AM
bobandbill Offline

Send a message via MSN to bobandbill

I never really used the Dragonite family before either beyond training for Dex purposes... and I'll admit I made use of the Dratini in Crystal for the Level 10 Battle Tower - Extremespeed and dragon rage ftw. =p I also have memories of fishing for Dratini back in Yellow and Silver, heh - that one sticks with me although why I'm not sure. I'll put it down to my selective memory stuff with Silver.

I always liked Dragonair's design as well - quite neat and I also liked how it can apparently control the weather. It'd be a useful Pokemon to have in that regard. =p

'Tis a parody of the game with more explanations than you can shake a pastry at.
[Banner by cieux of sppf]

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributers!

Why should you? Well, Wyanut?
Old 08-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Battlestar Offline

I never really used or trained a Dragonite aside from the pokedex issues.
However I always thought it as a cool Pokemon and would love to train one sometime.

Think you have what it takes to hang out with the baddest on PE2K? Then Join Team Rocket Corporation!

Join Today!!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hp?groupid=954
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

I have a shiny Dragonite! ^^ His name is Drake, and he's a powerhouse on my team!

In regards to previous games, I HATED Lance's Dragonites.. I had a Feraligatr, Red Gyarados, Lapras, and some other stuff. That darn Thunder!! >.< I was like 6, and couldn't understand why I was losing so much!

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Dark Umbreon Offline

Dragonite always helped me for red's elite four. good pokemon.