Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [Fanfic of the Year 2009 Runner-Up]The Trial of Juno: United in Arms

Definitely a tense and gripping chapter. Yeah, without a doubt, you definitely captured how brutal those MAEs are, and how much effort and sacrifice it takes to wipe one out.

You're on a roll with this, dude, keep up the great work. Didn't notice any errors either.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: [Fanfic of the Year 2009 Runner-Up]The Trial of Juno: United in Arms

Tense? Yeah, definately tense. ^^'
That thing looked scary tough to go against. I'm wondering what's going to happen after the team got thrashed like that.
Definately keep it coming, bro.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Sorry for this extra-long hiatus...but I'm finally getting out an update ^^!

Chapter 13: The Secret Is Out

Finally having convinced his mount to land and take a breather some ways south of the Southern Manufacturing Plant, Landon unstrapped himself and hopped off as quickly as he could, landing in the soft sand with a grunt, while Sivaris just collapsed down onto his chest, panting heavily. Blood seeped out of only a few of his wounds now; the other ones were congealed and scabbing. "You're a mess..." Landon said to him.

He opened one eye to look at his Rider and huffed out his breath. "You're not much better, my friend..."

This was true, Landon realized; his arms were a bloody mess all their own, he had scrapes and grazes all over, and the bullet wound in his hip was beginning to swell up. It was obvious he had to get that bullet out really soon, or that could cause the Pikachu some big problems. Landon’s clothes and mask were torn to shreds, and were even beginning to fall off in pieces. His lightning-bolt tail, miraculously, was unharmed at all.

Landon smiled. "I'll live through this. You're the one who's flying the both of us to the Azure Islands."

Sivaris panted a couple times before answering. "Yeah, I guess you're...right."

"Rest, dude. You need it..." the rider told him, sitting back against a rock in the sand.

While Sivaris was awake, he stayed lying down for a good three hours. The sky slowly lit up more and more, and Landon turned away from the east as the sun rose with its blinding light. The day was steadily starting with a brilliant show over the ocean.

Finally, Sivaris shakily got to his feet. Fluttering his wings, he steadied himself. "Alright, I'm...ready." he said, still breathless.

Deciding to make it as easy for Sivaris as he could, Landon took the straps off of Sivaris and threw them behind the rock. The Pikachu then climbed up onto his back once more, confident in his ability to keep on Sivaris as the Staraptor flew. "Alright, ready..."

He nodded back at his rider and flapped his wings twice, taking off into the air, still a bit more wobbly than normal but much better than he was before. He gained altitude quickly enough, and he settled on riding a morning thermal high into the air, gliding easily.

For another couple of hours, Sivaris kept this pattern, rising on thermals and gliding down as they flew towards the Azure Islands. The sun rose higher and higher into the sky behind them, brightening up the way for them. Landon was glad that they weren't above enemy territory anymore; his camouflage was destroyed, and the Pikachu was totally visible, his yellow fur standing out amazingly.

The wounds once again began to take their tolls on the both of them as they went on further. Landon’s hip with the bullet lodged in it had swollen a great deal, and was beginning to turn a sickly color. No doubt it’s infected…Landon surmised. Sivaris's flight path was faltering again, but he still kept on strong. They were both losing strength, however, and their vision even began to get fuzzy.

However, that didn’t stop Landon from seeing their goal on the horizon. "There it is..." he moaned, laying down on Sivaris' back. We're gonna make it...

Sivaris flew him and his rider closer and closer, but Landon’s vision got fuzzier and fuzzier, and he was having trouble staying conscious; knowing this fact, he knew that Sivaris must be having an even harder time with this.

They finally got near enough to where Sivaris could just drift down and make a haphazard landing on the beach. Down below, they could see a couple Southern Tempest troops from where they were in the sky. "Sivaris...l...let's desc..." Landon couldn't continue speaking as the last vestiges of his strength suddenly fled.

Landon and his mount plummeted to the seas below, slipping into unconsciousness...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Charmeleon walked quickly through the smooth, gleaming marble halls of the Monaraca palace, his muzzle contorted with a snarl of anger and frustration. If the last report he’d given to King Skepter had been bad enough, now there was an even worse report to give. The Southern Manufacturing Plant had been destroyed completely. There was a single telegraph relating the terrible news the night before, and Zanix had been rudely woken up not a half hour prior with the urgent message. And now he would have to put his head on the chopping block and hope that his King was gracious today, and wouldn’t kill him in irritation.

But this news was rather unsettling as well. The attack had come out of nowhere, and the number of attackers had been unconfirmed, due to the lack of being able to see many of them. There were only four attackers that the telegrapher could confirm by sight before the information feed had been cut off; it was presumed the line had either been cut, or the distressed telegrapher was killed as a result of the attack. A recon Royal Enforcer had immediately been dispatched to fly to the Southern Industrial District and check on the status of the Plant, but the report that returned only solidified the telegraph only hours before. The fact remained that an entire high-priority district that was supplying the Black Onyx Kingdom with plenty of its bulk weaponry and ammunition, mass-produced and experimental, had been destroyed without a significant force behind the assault. The only good news in the report was that no civilian lives had been needlessly lost as a result of the assault.

Regardless of the fact that the raiders had been enemies of his beloved Kingdom, Zanix had to admire the goodwill in their assault to not involve civilians. Something he knew that King Skepter would find a weakness…

As the Black Onyx Captain approached the doors to the throne room, the Machoke guard standing out front banged the haft of his halberd on the marble floor twice before speaking loudly. “Captain Zanix of the RazorDragon Squadron approaches, requesting permission to speak with his Lord on High, the glorious King Skepter!”

As if in answer, the large doors to the throne room rumbled and swung inward, granting the approaching Charmeleon entrance, and he strode in quickly, ignoring the normal regal protocols he was normally supposed to take; this was an emergency, and Kind Skepter had to know. The metal-armed fire lizard strode to the front of the steps before his Lord’s throne and kneeled before him. “I live to serve you, my liege.”

The Ampharos frowned at the Captain before him, one paw tapping on the arm of his throne in irritation. “Tell me, Captain Zanix, why are you here so early?” he asked in a deceptively calm voice. “What has caused you to want to disturb me before First Formation?”

The Charmeleon looked up, but did not rise from his kneeling position; the last one who did so without being told to rise found his head at the King’s feet…and his body remaining where it stood. “My one and true King…I have grave news from the Southwest Manufacturing Plant. The entire complex has been destroyed, as has every stockpile of ammunition inside, extra weapon stockpiles…and the experimental weapons for testing. I’m afraid the latter is the biggest loss, milord, we can’t make them again because the blueprints were there as well…”

The tapping of that paw on the arm of the throne got faster and louder as Zanix spoke, but once the Charmeleon had finished, the tapping, and all movement, had stopped. Dark eyes narrowed. “Have you discovered who the perpetrators are yet, Captain?”

Zanix paused a moment to keep his bearings before answering. “No, my liege…But we have discovered some interesting news. We previously thought that only a large force could take out the Complex, it was well guarded. But…Sir, the only word of the attack we have from a living source spoke of a single, small group of aerial fighters, all upon bird Pokémon of different species, destroying the entire complex, through a mixture of a stealth arrival and lightning-fast bomb runs. The telegraph line was only able to confirm sighting four attackers before the line went dead.” He paused a moment, before, anticipating his King’s assumption, he added, “There were no sightings of any Latios bearing a Pikachu during the attack.”

His eyes still narrowed, Skepter remained silent for a few seconds longer, before…”Lieutenant Bordern, come here, I have a special task for you that needs doing immediately…”

A Wartortle out of the ranks of soldiers who gathered early in the throne room as protection for their King approached on command. As he reached the throne, he stood to attention and saluted his king by thumping his paw on his chest and holding it there. “What is it you require from me, milo-“

The soldier’s eyes went wide as a huge, black sword was suddenly thrust through his chest, his shell offering no protection against the obscenely sharp blade. King Skepter glared at the soldier, having risen from his throne and attacked in a single, split-second movement. He let the soldier’s mind grasp the severity of the situation before the blade was suddenly alive with an endless amount of sparks, hundreds of thousands of volts surging from the Ampharos into the Wartortle’s body, the pain so great he could not even give one last scream as his body smoked and blackened quickly in the intense heat.

Once the electrical surge had died down, Skepter ripped the sword from the obviously dead soldier’s body, only a rush of ashen flesh following after instead of a gush of blood. The body collapsed, and instantly, without needing to be bidden, a group of three Pokémon, a Charmander, a Marshtomp, and a Bibarel, hurried up and began cleaning the throne step of the carcass and any mess that resulted from the death of another soldier used as an “example.” They worked quickly, knowing that the King’s aggravation often led him to kill anyone who was slow in the cleanup.

The King sheathed the sword once again on the side of the throne and sat down, his gaze returning to the Captain who remained kneeling before him. “Now then…This attack by a small group seems a little too crafty for soldiers merely from the Silver Apex, even with their dwindling numbers. And we haven’t encountered any resistance groups that were confirmed to be this great a threat since the Midnight Gemini were torched…” The Ampharos placed a paw on his chin thoughtfully. “Hm…Captain Zanix, I think a full-scale investigation into these attacks is needed promptly. And I want you in cha-“

The doors to the throne room suddenly burst open (which was significant considering their size) as the guard from the front was thrown through, landing and skidding along the floor about half the distance to the throne. Skepter and Zanix were on their feet instantly, grasping at weapons as the assailant strode into the throne room.

A Kabutops strode in quickly, brandishing his bladed arms and glaring darkly at the Machoke who was still lying on the ground, and he slammed a foot onto his chest in his rage. “IDIOT! I warned you to let me into the throne room immediately, how DARE you tell me what I cannot do, you little-“

“IF,” Zanix interrupted loudly, “you don’t mind, tell us who you are and what business you have, and maybe I won’t lop your head off for daring to come into the court of King Skepter in such a brutal fashion.”

The Kabutops’ glare turned to the Charmeleon for a second before he spat onto the Machoke’s face and strode forward, his gaze now upon the King. However, he didn’t seem to be moving to attack him, merely to approach him, Zanix noted. Nonetheless, his grip on his knife didn’t lessen one bit.

Zanix’s thoughts were confirmed when the Kabutops knelt to the ground in front of the Ampharos warlord. “King Skepter, my…humblest apologies, but I bring you great and terrible news that you have wanted for so long…”

Skepter’s eyes widened at that, and he lowered his blade and took a step forward. “Go on, speak. Now.”

“I have found the hiding place of Juno and the Silver Apex!”

The look on Skepter’s face could not have been more priceless for the Kabutops, a look of dawning realization, of relief, and finally of tenacious hunger crawling over his muzzle, and he strode to stand in front of the Kabutops. “Rise. Rise and tell me, damn it, where is my prize?!”

The Kabutops rose with a knowing smirk, knowing that he had the King’s attention in the right spot. “My King, I request one thing before I tell you this.”

The Ampharos snarled and glared at him. “You realize that the only reason you are not dead at my feet right now is because of the valuable information you say you have! Your request better not be some sort of-“

“I want to be your High General, and I want to lead the attack on the Silver Apex.”

The Ampharos looked about ready to kill the other Pokémon for daring to interrupt him, but surprise crossed his features, before he smirked and stepped back once. “That…is a bold request. A VERY bold request. You are a soldier I do not recognize, yet you stride in here wearing a Black Onyx uniform. And you demand from me, based on your knowledge, to be made into something so much higher-ranked than you are.” Skepter crossed his arms. “That makes you either gutsy, stupid as hell, utterly insane, or some combination of the three. But your initiative, and the tenacity you have shown earlier, is exactly what I feel make my soldiers the strongest in the world. Very well, I shall grant this rather sudden request. You will lead the attack on the last resistance to our rule.

“But first you must tell me, High General, the answer I seek. Where are they hiding?”

The Kabutops grinned, his sharp teeth glinting in the light of the rising sun showing through the throne room’s windows. “The Azure Islands, practically on top of the graves you put the Midnight Gemini into, milord.”

The Ampharos’s eyes narrowed and darkened into a glare again, though this time the glare was directed at no one present. “Crafty, Juno…hiding behind the bones of former potential allies. Well no more.” Skepter turned around and walked back up to his throne, passing an incredulous Zanix without pause nor word, and he sat down once more, sheathing his large sword once more. “Soldiers! Put the word out and prepare for an invasion. I imagine the troops will be having fun with this, we haven’t been on a real invasion status in years…”

Skepter’s attention returned to the Kabutops as the soldiers in the throne room saluted him all at once. “And lastly…tell me your name.”

The Kabutops smirked and held his head high while holding both bladed arms out in a gesture of glorified self-introduction. “I am High General Makuta of the Black Onyx Kingdom.”

Last edited by Shen; 10-30-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Ah, an update at last!

Definitely nicely done, and I didn't catch any mistakes either. I do have to say though, ToJ does seem to take on a new spin when its presented in third person.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

wait, is this basically a third Person view of TTOJ? Which one? :3 Anyway, nice job Shen.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:49 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Ok, finally got to read the new chapter and it didn't disappoint. ^^
You keep working on it, bro. Things are really heating up. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Zhunjai will have some choice words for Landon when he wakes up. ^^'

Found one little thing:

Quote:
The doors to the throne room suddenly burst open (which was significant considering their size) as the guard from the front was thrown threw, landing and skidding along the floor about half the distance to the throne. Skepter and Zanix were on their feet instantly, grasping at weapons as the assailant strode into the throne room.
I don't think you intended to have both verbs in there. ^^;
Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
I don't think you intended to have both verbs in there. ^^;
Ah, dang XD

That was supposed to be through, haha.

SO close to a flawless chapter for once. I'm getting better!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Guess who's baaaaaaaaaack!

Chapter 14: Recovery

Landon’s mind was restless. It was dark...blurry images passed in front of his mind’s eye...It was impossible to focus on a single one...then...

Red faded over the void. It was awful...He was swimming through blood, leagues of blood...The blood vanished as quickly and as mysteriously as it had appeared, and the Pikachu was standing on solid ground again...infinite shards of bone fell from the sky, piercing his body, making him shriek in pain...the pain and the shards were gone, replaced with a soft light, and he was filled with a peaceful serenity...Landon was in a temple, his arms held out, as an orb of light absorbed into his chest...

And then, the vision faded again, replaced with the sight of the ground far below, as though he were moving quickly…but it was more than that, far more. He was flying...flying over the skies of Kivistal. Landon glanced around and noticed that he was not on Sivaris, but he was flying with wings of his own...powerful, foreign-feeling wings. He flexed his body and turned acrobatically in the air, and loved the feel of it, the rush it brought him, enjoying it. He urged himself faster with his new, strange body, feeling the bliss he had always dreamed about, but never like this.

Suddenly, He was flying straight over battlefields towards Monaraca; Landon had seen the palace and the surrounding city once before, so he could recognize what he now flew towards. Next to him were Juno and Blazewing, flying along the same path; in Juno’s grasp were weapons of untold origin and strength, though he could not make them out, their forms seemed to be ever-shifting, and glowing with a bright light.

They blasted through the windows of the throne room, right at Skepter...

And then all was darkness, and two horrid, flaming, evil eyes opened...

Landon opened his eye and jerked into a sitting position, chest heaving as he panted for breath. The Pikachu looked around where he was jerkily, shivering constantly; his fur was matted to his skin with a cold sweat. As his shaking mind took stock of where he was, Landon calmed down.

The white sheets, white walls, and clean atmosphere (among other tell-tale signs) were evidence that he was in the infirmary.

Landon sighed in relief and lay back down on his bed, resting his head on the soft pillow. It was very comfortable, and his body was still noticeably a little sore...He turned his head a little and looked down at his arms and chest. While his chest was free of bandages and clean, his arms and waist were all wrapped up tight in white gauze. The wrappings needed to be changed, by the looks of them, because there were dark red spots showing on them where his injuries were most severe.

"Looks like he's finally awake." said a familiar voice. He turned to see the speaker, blushing slightly.

"Zhunjai...what're you doing here?" he asked, a little quieter than he normally would.

Zhunjai smiled as she walked up next to his bed. "I came to see you, of course, silly." She hopped up and sat on the side of the bed. "How're you feeling, Landon?"

He flexed both his arms and felt no stinging pain from them whatsoever. "I feel great, Zhunjai! The medics really know their stuff." A sudden thought came to his mind. "Hey, what happened after I fell into the ocean before we could reach here?"

"Well...lucky for you, a Marill named Zarin saw you and Sivaris fall out of the sky, so she knew obviously something was wrong, and swam out to get you two," Zhunjai explained. "She brought you out of the sea and got some others to help her get you guys here. I was one of them. You guys...you looked awful. I swore you were dying..." She looked down at the floor, tears flashing in her eyes. "We got you into the infirmary, and we medic's did what we could. I was the one who handled the surgery on your waist…That bullet wound was very infected, Landon, you were just lucky we caught the infection when we did..."

"Yeah, I was wondering about that..." Landon murmured, patting where the wound was patched up absentmindedly. "How long was I out?"

"You've been the rest of the week, Landon," Zhunjai said, her voice still sounding as worrisome as before. "It's been four days, and it’s already dusk."

"Ah...and Sivaris, where is he?"

Zhunjai sighed, her eyes growing a bit more watery. "He's still asleep in the bed in the avian room; he was awake before you were, though still dead tired, so he went back to sleep."

"Well, that's a bit longer than I would've liked, but not unexpected." Landon said, scratching the back of his head a bit.

"A bit longer?!" Zhunjai cried suddenly, her head jerking to look at him. "Don't you get it?! You almost died out there today! You were the only one who made it back, but barely! How can you act so calmly about something like this?!" she demanded.

"Zhunjai, I've learned to look at life with a more positive look, really," he responded, looking into her teary azure eyes. "It's not good to think about what bad could've happened when it didn't; I learned that the hard way...You know this."

"Yes, it's just...Oh, Landon, I just don't know what I'd do without you!" the Sandshrew maiden cried, leaning into him and wrapping her arms around him. She sobbed silently as she grasped him closer.

Landon blushed at this closeness she exhibited; it had been a long time since he’d been held like this, mostly because of the tense situations going on around them, and their ever-differing schedules. So, while bashful at first, the Pikachu gently eased his arms around the Sandshrew maiden and held her close as she sobbed softly, patting her back softly while trying to calm her down. “There there, Zhunjai…I’m alive, it’ll be alright…” He smiled. “I swear, whatever happens, I’ll be fine.”

The Sandshrew sniffed, pulling back and wiping her eyes. “Are you sure…?”

Landon nodded. “Promise.”

“Good.”

Thump.

”OW!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monaraca was eerily silent under the moon and stars. Even in the capitol of the most powerful nation in the world, sleep’s embrace was absolute. Factories, shops, and every house adhered to the call of the Sandman, and slept soundly.

All, that is, except for five prominent figures in the palace.

Inside the dark, otherwise empty throne room, the Ampharos King stood before the window, gazing over all in sight that was his, and gazing longingly at the moon. One day I shall have Mighty Luna, as well… he thought possessively. Even the sky will be in my grasp. Soon…

The creak of the throne room’s door announced the entrance of the summoned soldier. It was a moment before the Charmeleon Captain Zanix, came into the light and knelt before his King. "You summoned me, my liege?"

"Rise, Captain," hissed Skepter’s insidious voice, a command that was instantly followed. Skepter’s gaze remained outside the window. "Captain, of course you remember that I have sent a massive attack against the Azure Islands only days ago, led by my new General?"

Zanix nodded. "Yes, milord. That day was met with much celebration from your people, knowing those who defy our law will soon fall.” Zanix forced himself to say that with false pride.

The celebration was grand as the citizens gave the marching soldiers a ‘proper’ send-off, complete with a ticker-tape parade, music, a feast, and much merry-making. Very few did not attend the celebration. Mostly because of yet required duties, but this particular Charmeleon and several of his subordinates did not; they did not feel in a celebratory mood, considering they felt this attack was more overkill than anything ever before.

"Good. However, I'm not stupid, Zanix."

The Captain looked up to him with a look of genuine confusion; he wondered if his King knew of his absence from the celebrations, and, if so, whether or not he had a problem with it...”What do you mean, milord?"

Skepter frowned. "Aries will still be looking for more good targets to cripple us; the closest one I could find would be the Black Onyx Industrial District, and I won't have that."

Zanix nodded. "Would you like me to go be a protector of it?"

A smile crept across the Ampharos' face, and his eye shifted to look to the Charmeleon from the corner of his vision. "I'm glad at least one of my Captains is smart. Yes, Zanix, I need you to go and protect the District from any attack that might be put against it. Take one Royal Enforcer squadron with you; that should be enough to benefit the ground troops I sent there. Understood?"

Again, Zanix nodded. "Yes."

Skepter looked outside again, and his brow creased, his frown returning. "Also...this absence of Juno is disturbing.” Obviously, this, of all things, was what was on his mind the most this night. “If he'd been with the Silver Apex soldiers, our attack might've been discovered and halted by now," he growled. "Therefore, if Juno is one of those who would attack the Black Onyx Industrial District...crush him and his pathetic Latias."

Zanix could tell by the tone of his voice that Zanix was not expected to be so successful against that legend. However, loyally, he nodded once more. "As you wish, milord."

"Very well, Captain Zanix. Now, go forth."

Zanix knelt once more. "Your will is my command, King Skepter." With that, he rose and turned around, leaving the presence of the despised ruler and the Hall. The doors closed neatly, leaving the Ampharos to his silent thoughts once more.

“Arceus, I am so tired of saying ‘milord’ every two seconds…” he growled lowly and mockingly, keeping his voice quiet, even though the doors to the throne room were closed behind him. Zanix sighed. “I was told stories of Skepter’s gracious grandfather, and neutral father, and had such high hopes when I was young. Who’d have thought royalty would have gone to that idiot’s mind so deeply and made him so stuck-up and greedy? If I hadn’t sworn duty to my country I wouldn’t be so against the tempting ideas of rebelling…”

His spoken musings were, thankfully, unheard because of Monaraca’s guard detail being currently asleep, just like everyone else in the capitol; Skepter was so comfortable with his dominance of the world that he did not fear the attack of a silent assassin in the dead of night.

Zanix headed quickly through the hallways towards the barracks, already having an idea of who he’d take taking with him. His trusted squadron would certainly be up to the task of keeping the nation’s greatest power supply alive. And one in particular seemed perfect for the job…

The Captain reached the door to the barracks quite soon, and opened it quietly to not cause any undo noise for soldiers sleeping elsewhere. He glanced around. The barracks was empty, save for one soldier lying down in her bed; lucky for him, it was the one he wanted.

"Zyrina, wake up," he said, walking towards her bed. "I'm sorry, but we have a mission, directly from King Skepter himself. We're going to the Black Onyx Industrial District."

The Zangoose’s eyes snapped open, as if she had never really been asleep. “Why the Power Plant?”

“Because there may be an imminent attack, possibly from Juno himself,” he explained. “You’d be the best if the fight turned nasty, after all. Wake the rest of RazorDragon Squadron, and be ready within an hour and a half for departure. We leave at dawn.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Landon remained in the medical ward for a few more days, much to his displeasure. Several other members from his squad came around on the second day after he awoke, to check on him and hear how those who went with him met their end, wanting to find out just how badly the attack went. Landon recounted the battle as accurately as he could, keeping himself together until he had finished for the squadron. Looks of sadness and shock at the horrors that were involved at the Southwest Manufacturing Plant were evident on each of their faces, making it all that much worse for Landon; he already felt so down for failing to keep those soldiers alive as their leader in the first place, but the reaction from the rest of the squadron just compounded the pit in his gut. He kept a straight face for the rest of them as well as he could, but it was obvious to all what kind of hell their Captain was going through.

Sivaris awoke the soon after the squad left Landon in peace, irritated already that he had to stay in the infirmary one more day before he would be allowed to fly again. Landon was deemed healed enough to go visit him (but apparently not well enough to leave the building, according to one particularly irritable Chansey...), so Sivaris wasn't completely alone in his room all the time.

Landon was constantly in Zhunjai's company, since his near-death experience had apparently scared her more than it did him, and he wasn't complaining one bit. When Zhunjai wasn’t on duty by checking his vitals, replacing his bandages periodically, and keeping him as healthy as possible during his recovery, they were constantly talking about things that were going on in the Azure Islands, what missions had been successful, and the apparent disappearance of Juno. Most of the rest of Gamma squad had come back, but there was no word from the Legend of the Silver Apex.

"Y'know, I was always afraid of hospital food before," Landon said to Zhunjai, finishing up the meal that he'd been given. It was late afternoon at that point, and the sun was shining with an orange light through the window. "However, this stuff's good."

That made Zhunjai giggle. Her head turned to the door and gave a small squeak of surprise, standing up and saluting. Confused, Landon followed her gaze to see that Aries had stepped in. Starting suddenly, he, too, saluted...though this threw his tray and whatever leftovers of food that were on it to the floor with a loud clatter.

The Sceptile chuckled at the instant reaction to his presence. "At ease, you two." They lowered their paws back down, and Zhunjai sat back on the side of his bed. "Nice job with the mission, Landon; though I am aggrieved to hear of the loss of the other four in your group..."

Landon nodded somberly. "They fought bravely to the end, chief," he said. "We should be proud to have Pokémon in our forces like that."

"I am, Landon," Aries said with a smile. "Still, with yet another successful mission under your belt, you're quite the Typhoon Runner."

"Oh, come on, chief, you know it's all Sivaris," Landon replied truthfully. "I just point and shoot."

Zhunjai and Aries both laughed. "That may be, but you two are a good duo," the Sceptile continued. "Anyway, I have another mission for you."

"Already?!" he said, shocked. "I'm still in a hospital bed from the last one!" However, Aries knew the young Captain was joking (it helped that the Pikachu grinned); he'd definitely be ready for any mission he gave me.

"Yes, Landon. I feel emboldened by this slew of successful mission, and have decided to go on the offensive as well," Aries explained, "We need to take out a massive target that wouldn't be as heavily guarded as some others." He gazed at Landon with one eye. "Can you think of one such place?"

"The Black Onyx Industrial District..." he murmured immediately, Aries’ idea dawning on him.

"Bingo." Aries began slightly pacing. "It's a key asset to a lot of the Black Onyx Kingdom; one main reason behind this is because it produces the power for most of the Kingdom there, especially the factories producing more and more of Skepter’s War Machine. Recon has discovered that it is not as heavily guarded as places such as the Southwest Manufacturing Plant."

"So, there won't be another Mox Assault Engine there?"

Another?" Aries asked, stopping suddenly and staring at the Pikachu. "You're telling me they had a MAE at the Southwest Manufacturing Plant?!"

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it later," Landon sighed, waving a paw through the air a little. "Please, continue."

Aries cleared his throat before doing so, though without pacing this time. "I've decided that now would be the best time to strike at it, with all the confusion from the Ganson Industrial Wing and the Southwest Manufacturing Plant utterly destroyed. It will be a seriously critical blow to the Black Onyx Kingdom."

"So, what do you have in mind, sir?" he asked, leaning forward a bit.

Aries grinned a little. "I'm sorry, but it'll be another covert mission."

Landon groaned and flopped over his lap; obviously, the prospect at putting on black clothes and paint again wasn't enjoyable.

"I want you and the rest of the Brotherhood Squadron to protect a similarly-sized force of ground troops who will infiltrate the District's facilities and destroy them," Aries explained. "I want everyone to be ready for it by morning. I have already informed the rest of your squadron to be ready. Will you be ready?"

It was Landon’s turn to grin. "You kidding, chief? I'm ready for anything, sir."

The Sceptile nodded. "Good, good. I will see you off in the morning, then." With that, Aries left the room.

Last edited by Shen; 10-21-2011 at 03:13 AM.