Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Elbub Offline

Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

What are you on about, Sam. Mr Tad is a great name! I overrule 3m0d0ll; you either refer to him as Mr Tad, or I'll make sure you can never use him in battle.

Muhahaha.

-lightening flashes overhead-

Activity Status: Off for the Summer. Activity will be up.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
What are you on about, Sam. Mr Tad is a great name! I overrule 3m0d0ll; you either refer to him as Mr Tad, or I'll make sure you can never use him in battle.

Muhahaha.

-lightening flashes overhead-
Oh noooooooooooooooo. Maybe I'll use him in a battle when you're not around!

-Tsuna

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 PM
murgle-flag Offline

I think that we should have a tourney in which the prize is a chance to fight, and possibly catch, a legendary pokemon in the safari zone.

Or just more frequent tourneys
Old 07-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Elbub Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle-flag View Post
I think that we should have a tourney in which the prize is a chance to fight, and possibly catch, a legendary pokemon in the safari zone.
Legendaries never have done and never will exist in this ASBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle-flag View Post
Or just more frequent tourneys
Tournaments take effort on the part of the referees. As we barely have enough referees to keep the regular battles ticking over at a decent rate most of the time, it's infeasible to have a tournament right now. Perhaps when we have more active referees.

Activity Status: Off for the Summer. Activity will be up.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:44 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Here I am, yet again. I don't mean to cause trouble, but again I'm noticing things that probably should have been dealt with a while ago. Some I'm sure people will find ridiculous and wonder why I even bothered looking, and others are things that are probably bothering others as well.

Firstly, I'm wondering if the officials even check to see if a member posted his/her stats or if someone posted stats without posting their team in the registration hq to get approval. I've seen one case of both, but I will not mention names on here. I mean, I see the stats as a must for at least listing a member's Pokémon, where they received their Pokémon, and their money cause the bank isn't updated that often. Other things like battle records and favorite arenas aren't really necessary. But if the stats board isn't even monitored, then why even bother with it? This is just something I've noticed, and pretty sure there are others that don't agree with me here and think that it's stupid that I even brought this up.

Now, time to bring up topics that I already dressed in my first post here. With battles, we have eleven referees (hopefully more with this next test), but only six have been active this month, and less than that active recently. With the Safari Zone, we have eight rangers, but hardly any of them posting. I see that as a problem. It was just a tease that ten were updated on one day, then a week later three different ones were updated, and then I believe a few days ago another was updated that wasn't apart of ten or three group. Sure, we'll have more active refs hopefully with the new test, but even I had problems with it. I think that how the test is set up this time, it's supposed to make us fail. So I see a low passing rate with this one. But that's just me. More activity is needed in those boards since those are the main backbone in the ASBL as far as I can see. Also, maybe the tests should be updated more regularly and more often so that those who fail one test don't have to wait months for a new test to try again.

Also, we need more moderators and officials. I'm not sure what has been done to help solve this problem, but we need more to accept new ASBL members, evolutions, addictions to teams, everything that needs a mod or official approval. One that is listed hasn't posted since who knows when. I haven't looked it up recently. That and it seems like the active ones want a break from this board and want to be active in others. I understand that, but those who are only active in the ASBL (I might be the only one, but you never know) can get really impatient when we see mods and officials on but not doing anything in this board (same goes for refs and rangers, but I understand that they need their breaks as well). I might not understand the process of this, but is it too much to ask to get more people to accept things in the threads that need approval?

I might have overstepped my boundary here, but I don't want to see this become less enjoyable. It used to be really fun, but now I'm getting a little irritated with the lack of activity. Personally, the ASBL is the only place I am now active. I don't visit any other part of the forum, having lost interest in the boards I used to be active in. It's sad really, but it's just what happened. I don't expect rapid results, but for what I am saying not fall on deaf ears. Take what I say as you will, but I truly am not trying to cause chaos or challenge anyone here. Everything has it's flaws, but I just want to see this overcome the flaws that can be fixed with a bit of effort on everyone's part. If I am seeing this all wrong, then please someone explain to me what I'm not viewing correctly and/or things that are being done to make this more enjoyable and active.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 08-01-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

If you're afraid of posting names publicly, then PM me, but we need to know who you're referring to in regards to the ASB Trainer Stats board, which is moderated and available so that Players can know what Pokemon a person has, and for them themselves to keep track. Trust me, it's not being 'ignored', for lack of a better term, there just isn't really a set-way that it needs to be moderated. :P

We're working on getting tests up more frequently. About the lack of Reffing/Rangering, in my case, I, honestly, don't really have time to do them. I'm at a point in time where I can only be on the computer for about 1/2 hours at a time and PE2K isn't the only site I check during that time (coughfacebookcough), and while I'm on PE2K, I'm responding to n00b PMs, "How do I get my team for the ASB?" FFFFFFFFFFFFF *rage fit* *twitch* "All registration information can be found here, in the ASB Handbook thread." I swear... I reply to PMs like that at least 10 times a week. Dx Why can't they go bother Justin for a while?! *sigh* Anyway, back to your point. Personally, I only really spend 45 minutes on PE2K a day, though it may be open in a different tab, making me appear to be online. :L Once the school year starts, I'll have more time (lolwat?) to spend on here, since I won't be bounding from computer to computer while juggling my social life and finding ways to earn some moneh so I can punch people in the face at concerts. :'] So yeah, I hope that makes sense. xDD

We're working on that as well, though figuring out who is trusted enough to be given Mod powers is easier said then done. We are in the process of removing Iridium from our ranks and having Elbub take his place, if that makes you feel any better. But I am curious... why exactly do you think that we need more Approvers? :/ All the examples that you listed were things that are posted in the Reg. HQ for Approval, and don't need to be approved instantly; I'm going to start updating the Bank daily to keep that moving, btw. Though I do post in the Reg. HQ with Approvals whenever i see that someone is waiting, but, honestly, whether your Charmander to Charmeleon is approved withing the minute or after several hours, it doesn't really make much of a difference. I can't sit at my computer all day, refreshing the Reg. HQ to see if someone posted so I can tell them that it's Approved or not - stuff like that can wait, imo, since it only takes five seconds to do. If there aren't any Approvers online, then oh well. Exercise patience.

I, too, am someone that only logs into PE2K to be active in the ASB, for the most part - I may occasionally post in the DCC or something, but most of my posts go here. Once I am able to set aside an evening, buckle down, and do some much over-due Reffing, then you can bet that I will, but nights like that are hard to come by. :S I have a life, too and I work fairly hard to try to keep the ASB up and running to the best of my ability, which isn't an easy nor a small task. All I can ask is that you try to be patient, and bear with us/me.

EDIT: About the Ref test's difficulty, did you expect it to be easy? It's not really that hard, by any means, and most of the mistakes people are making are logical errors (getting conditionals wrong, thus messing up the ending Health/Energy). I also found it funny that you said that, "even [CM] had problems with it." XDDD That's like a Theologian saying, "Man, even I found that Psychology test challenging!" They're somewhat related and have a slight understanding of the other, but they are, by no means, experts in each others' field. P:
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
Here I am, yet again. I don't mean to cause trouble, but again I'm noticing things that probably should have been dealt with a while ago. Some I'm sure people will find ridiculous and wonder why I even bothered looking, and others are things that are probably bothering others as well.

First and foremost, you're not causing any trouble. Honestly, I do appreciate these little rants, because its letting me know what I can directly work on and fix. Thanks for your honesty, seriously.

Firstly, I'm wondering if the officials even check to see if a member posted his/her stats or if someone posted stats without posting their team in the registration hq to get approval. I've seen one case of both, but I will not mention names on here. I mean, I see the stats as a must for at least listing a member's Pokémon, where they received their Pokémon, and their money cause the bank isn't updated that often. Other things like battle records and favorite arenas aren't really necessary. But if the stats board isn't even monitored, then why even bother with it? This is just something I've noticed, and pretty sure there are others that don't agree with me here and think that it's stupid that I even brought this up.

3m0d0ll and I, every few months (we've done it twice now) run through the stats board and make sure people's threads are correctly - last time we found like 15 members that didn't have Stats at all. o.o

Stat threads should NOT have their Bank Accounts listed - the Bank is updated enough that this is not a problem, and that information need not be public in either case.

There is little need to moderate the stats board though - it's only used as a reference for battling really - making sure people are using Pokemon they actually own.

Now, time to bring up topics that I already dressed in my first post here. With battles, we have eleven referees (hopefully more with this next test), but only six have been active this month, and less than that active recently. With the Safari Zone, we have eight rangers, but hardly any of them posting. I see that as a problem. It was just a tease that ten were updated on one day, then a week later three different ones were updated, and then I believe a few days ago another was updated that wasn't apart of ten or three group.

I can't do anything more here. I don't know how I can make reffing any easier than I already have, and I can't MAKE people be active. What do you suggest?

Sure, we'll have more active refs hopefully with the new test, but even I had problems with it. I think that how the test is set up this time, it's supposed to make us fail. So I see a low passing rate with this one. But that's just me. More activity is needed in those boards since those are the main backbone in the ASBL as far as I can see. Also, maybe the tests should be updated more regularly and more often so that those who fail one test don't have to wait months for a new test to try again.

Referee Tests are designed to make sure you read carefully, a trait that all Referees need. Referee Tests are easy if you follow every single step for every single action, but the problem is, individuals are always trying to cut corners or do things their own way, so they fail. The Ref Test is written so that you follow the Ref Manual (which took me weeks to write, BTW), but nobody seems to do that. We're not going to hire people that are continually failing the test - so if you want more Refs, tell people to follow the damn manual. And for the record, the Ref Tests have gotten easier as time goes on - the first test is still the hardest test to date, and it's also the test with the highest success rate. :/

Also, we need more moderators and officials. I'm not sure what has been done to help solve this problem, but we need more to accept new ASBL members, evolutions, addictions to teams, everything that needs a mod or official approval. One that is listed hasn't posted since who knows when. I haven't looked it up recently. That and it seems like the active ones want a break from this board and want to be active in others. I understand that, but those who are only active in the ASBL (I might be the only one, but you never know) can get really impatient when we see mods and officials on but not doing anything in this board (same goes for refs and rangers, but I understand that they need their breaks as well). I might not understand the process of this, but is it too much to ask to get more people to accept things in the threads that need approval?

The only thread that needs daily moderation is the Registration thread. What others threads would really warrant more mods/officials? I want examples, links.

I might have overstepped my boundary here, but I don't want to see this become less enjoyable. It used to be really fun, but now I'm getting a little irritated with the lack of activity. Personally, the ASBL is the only place I am now active. I don't visit any other part of the forum, having lost interest in the boards I used to be active in. It's sad really, but it's just what happened. I don't expect rapid results, but for what I am saying not fall on deaf ears. Take what I say as you will, but I truly am not trying to cause chaos or challenge anyone here. Everything has it's flaws, but I just want to see this overcome the flaws that can be fixed with a bit of effort on everyone's part. If I am seeing this all wrong, then please someone explain to me what I'm not viewing correctly and/or things that are being done to make this more enjoyable and active.
Responses in bold.
In our position, CM, what changes would you be making?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 08-01-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

First off, thank you for not being negative about this. There are things I truly don't understand, and I know that people have their lives away from the computer (unlike me. I'm on almost 24/7 if I'm not playing video games or sleeping X3) so they can't be on as often as other.

I didn't know if the Stats board was monitored, but then again it wouldn't appear that it needed since for a long while people were doing what they needed. I guess I just had nothing better to do so I went through to see if people were using Pokémon they had and if their stats were even up.

I know that there's not a lot we can do with refs and rangers other than take the test ourselves and hopefully pass, but at times it has just gotten so frustrating with waiting. I guess I just needed to rant since I've seen a few active but weren't reffing either a battle or safari. I hope I'm not the only one who felt like that. And for the difficulty of the test, I see the need for it to be difficult. I didn't expect it to be a walk in the park, but I didn't expect to have to think so much. I guess in a way I enjoyed the challenge after it was all said and done.

With the more mods or officials to approve things, I see where you are questioning my view or see that nothing needs to be done about it. But it's not just for the regular members. I had seen some of the mods/officials post things and were never approved in the thread. But then again I haven't looked through the pages lately. When you need something that needs 2 mod/official approvals, and one of them posts something, it takes their stuff longer to be approved. That's something I've noticed since the ASBL was revamped/restarted. At this time I can't give links for examples since I don't have the time to go and find them. (Stupid dentist appointment cutting into my internet time -__-)

In your position, sadly to say there isn't much I could do. We can't force others to post where posts are needed. All I could offer is that since I basically have no life off the internet, I could watch the ASBL while others are off. The difficulty of the tests are needed, though can be irritating for those taking it. But I think that for those who took it and failed, they'd like for the test to be updated more... regularly, for lack of a better term. Waiting for months can discourage them and make them loose interest. Now I'm not saying update it every week. Maybe once every five or six weeks if possible. I've never been a mod or anything on any forum (only being a member of this one and two others, one being taken down for some reason and the other I'm not that active on anymore), so I have no idea the problems that you may face.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 PM
White Knight Offline

Out of curiousity, did anyone pass the Ref Test? Also, the Core Kit is missing somehow; either I've forgotten where it was or it's being updated with the answers.

Good luck everyone who took it~

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

I sent away my ref test ages ago, and still haven't had a response, but tbh, I don't think I can be bothered to ref. I used to enjoy this but it's slowly beginning to fail, bit by bit.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Out of curiousity, did anyone pass the Ref Test? Also, the Core Kit is missing somehow; either I've forgotten where it was or it's being updated with the answers.

Good luck everyone who took it~
What do you mean by missing? I see it just fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
I sent away my ref test ages ago, and still haven't had a response, but tbh, I don't think I can be bothered to ref. I used to enjoy this but it's slowly beginning to fail, bit by bit.
You failed, I could have sworn I sent you your PM. For those wondering, below is the answer to the last Ref test:

Quote:
Gardevoir has +2 SPATK.

Gardevoir is faster, so it will move first.
Gardevoir used Focus Blast!
Gardevoir lost 12 Energy.
Shedinja lost 19 HP. (37 damage divided by 2 for Wonder Guard)

Shedinja used Will-O-Wisp!
Shedinja lost 3 Energy.
Gardevoir was burned! (Gardevoir lost 2 ATK!)
Shedinja was burned due to Synchronize! (Shedinja loses 2 ATK!)

Gardevoir is faster, but was ordered a wait and see conditional, so it will go second.
Shedinja used Phase Shift!
Shedinja lost 6 Energy.
Shedinja became ethereal!

Gardevoir used Giga Impact!
Gardevoir lost 15 Energy.
Shedinja lost 1 Energy.
Damage is not applied because physical attacks cannot hit etheral Pokémon.

Gardevoir lost -4 HP due to burn.
Shedinja lost -4 HP due to burn.
Gardevoir's next action will cost 2x energy.
Shedinja is etheral.

Gardevoir
HP: 96
Energy: 73
Status: +2 SPATK, BRN (-2 ATK), next action will cost 2x Energy

Shedinja
HP: 77
Energy: 90

Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
You failed, I could have sworn I sent you your PM. For those wondering, below is the answer to the last Ref test:
I failed horribly the first time, then resent it. I'm sure I didn't get a PM, but it doesn't matter now :3

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 AM
paperfairy Offline

Take the test again! I believe in you! :D

Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

This is more of an Announcement, really, but I just wanted to say that, as of right now, there are 666 posts in the Safari Zone board. This pleases me. <3333

Post count +1.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM
White Knight Offline

I laughed.

Another note; it seems a bit ridiculous that we've fallen to the point where you must pester a ref to ref one round each time...I know it's been brought up already but there really should be a way to speed it up.

Oh, and I'm assuming I failed again after the Exhibition? I haven't gotten a response.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Closed Thread