Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Mageta Offline

Send a message via MSN to Mageta Send a message via Skype™ to Mageta
Default Re: Nintendo 3DS Drops in Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
In other words:
"Don't worry Australians! Even though the Aussie dollar is equal to US$1.099 which means US$170=AU$154. we're stilll gonna make you pay an extra $100 even with the price drop, because we can! ^_^"
So, your saying there being mean to us? Yes?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I certainly don't have 250 dollars, but the free downloadables are sweet. Decisions, decisions. Should I try to somehow get one now or forget it? Suggestions? The reason I never got one is because as a handheld, this is more then the original price of a Gamecube which was 200. Too expensive for a handheld.

Also, anybody know if the 3DS shop is shared with the DSi, (As in you can get everything in the DSi shop plus more if you're on a 3DS) or are they separate entirely? Been wondering this.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I don't know if 3DS Shop has all the DS Shop titles game-wise(Flipnote Studio isn't 3DS compatible, but we're supposed to be getting an updated version) but it does have a good few DSiware titles you can buy. Actually most of it is DSiware right now.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-30-2011, 12:41 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Ah, good to know, thanks. Shame about Flip though, but hopefully will be a new one soon. I am probably going to pass on the early adopter offer, and just buy what I want on the shop on DSi then see how much migrates to the 3DS using the migrate tool. That way I'll at least have those titles on the new system if they allow migrating stuff that isn't in the new shop. Wonder what they will do for stuff that isn't able to migrate, though. Refund probably. Thinking it's an all or nothing kind of thing, where the ones that don't migrate get refunded.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-30-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I highly doubt it. Probably more like "Buy at your own risk" kind of thing.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

YAY I won't blow a third of my paycheck on it now!

... Not like I'll get it anytime soon anyway, but it's a good idea before they suddenly raise the prices again.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-30-2011, 04:48 AM
She-Umbreon Offline

Send a message via AIM to She-Umbreon

Oh my goodness, how awesome. :D
I am definitely buying a 3DS now .. that price seems reasonable to me.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Honestly, even though I have a 3DS, I'm totally cool with this. After all, they're giving us 20 free games, which (assuming NES games are $5 and GBA are $8 a piece) equals out to about $130 worth of free stuff. Not to mention the games we'll be getting are totally awesome, including Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Metroid, etc.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:16 PM
bronislav84 Offline

It's a very enticing offer regardless. I might just skip it, but if I could get it without going nearly broke I would totally do it before the 13th. The extra games totally make up the 80 difference, with a little extra.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Geez, I wish the 3DS was only $250 when it came out here. In Aussie, it was around $350 brand new. REALLY unfair if you ask me.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
Geez, I wish the 3DS was only $250 when it came out here. In Aussie, it was around $350 brand new. REALLY unfair if you ask me.
Yea, Nintendo has always seemed to be total dickwads to Australia. Probably because it's such an evil place where everything is built to kill you.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
Yea, Nintendo has always seemed to be total dickwads to Australia. Probably because it's such an evil place where everything is built to kill you.
That's cold, Austin. I would appreciate it if you didn't insult my girlfriend's country. x3

Anyways, I'm happy the 3DS is dropping. Means I can probably afford to buy one. Granted I wouldn't get the 20 free games on the little network thing, but hell, I don't need them. xD

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 PM
White Knight Offline

It's cheaper than the Wii now...why was it EVER even the price of the Wii? What's wrong with you Nintendo? >.<

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP