Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Cepheus's Avatar
Cepheus Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: One Among the Fence...
Posts: 65
Default NFLPA approves labor deal

Anyone else excited about this?

Fall without football would be just plain boring...
__________________
"So much there is to see, but our morning eyes describe a different world than do our afternoon eyes & surely our wearied evening eyes can report only a weary evening world."
- John Steinbeck
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 PM
atucker22's Avatar
atucker22 Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nice Try Stalker
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

I am so pumped!! I would hate having to go through a fall/winter with no NFL. Although college football is fantastic, the NFL is just so monumental.

Also, it means fantasy football!!! hahaha
__________________
Hatch: 1640 Complete
Scrafty: 1742 Complete
Level100: 1965
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 AM
karmachameleon's Avatar
karmachameleon Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

I'm very upset about this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Cepheus's Avatar
Cepheus Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: One Among the Fence...
Posts: 65
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
I am so pumped!! I would hate having to go through a fall/winter with no NFL. Although college football is fantastic, the NFL is just so monumental.
For real. I love College football too.. But the NFL is what I grew up on man... Sundays were big for my Dad & I when I was a kid & it just kind of stuck with me..

Plus im a sports nut anyway & I am tired of Baseball season already.. HAHA!

Totally ready for football...
__________________
"So much there is to see, but our morning eyes describe a different world than do our afternoon eyes & surely our wearied evening eyes can report only a weary evening world."
- John Steinbeck
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2011, 03:07 PM
atucker22's Avatar
atucker22 Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nice Try Stalker
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
For real. I love College football too.. But the NFL is what I grew up on man... Sundays were big for my Dad & I when I was a kid & it just kind of stuck with me..

Plus im a sports nut anyway & I am tired of Baseball season already.. HAHA!

Totally ready for football...
I wouldn't say I'm tired of baseball yet, but by the end of August, if the Tigers are no longer in the Division race, I'll lose all interest haha

But yeah, being in High School, the weekends are basically my only free time, and I am usually doing something with friends on a Saturday, so Sunday is my only day to watch sports, so without NFL football (plus a possible NBA lockout) there would be nothing to watch until the middle of October when the NHL starts up.
__________________
Hatch: 1640 Complete
Scrafty: 1742 Complete
Level100: 1965
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Cepheus's Avatar
Cepheus Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: One Among the Fence...
Posts: 65
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
I wouldn't say I'm tired of baseball yet, but by the end of August, if the Tigers are no longer in the Division race, I'll lose all interest haha

But yeah, being in High School, the weekends are basically my only free time, and I am usually doing something with friends on a Saturday, so Sunday is my only day to watch sports, so without NFL football (plus a possible NBA lockout) there would be nothing to watch until the middle of October when the NHL starts up.
Im a Royals man... We're 12 games back of you in the division... You can imagine my displeasure with baseball right now...lol... Not that I really thought we had a chance this season.. BUT we had a great start..

NBA lockout makes me cringe even more.. Because they probably will miss some of the season... I didnt actually think the NFL would miss any games...
__________________
"So much there is to see, but our morning eyes describe a different world than do our afternoon eyes & surely our wearied evening eyes can report only a weary evening world."
- John Steinbeck
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
TheEvilDookie's Avatar
TheEvilDookie Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,983
Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

I'm just glad there will be some hype back at college haha.
__________________


^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM
atucker22's Avatar
atucker22 Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nice Try Stalker
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: NFLPA approves labor deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
Im a Royals man... We're 12 games back of you in the division... You can imagine my displeasure with baseball right now...lol... Not that I really thought we had a chance this season.. BUT we had a great start..

NBA lockout makes me cringe even more.. Because they probably will miss some of the season... I didnt actually think the NFL would miss any games...
Yeah, the NBA has very little chance. And I didn't think the NFL would miss games either. The two sides were negotiating very well from the beginning of the lockout.
__________________
Hatch: 1640 Complete
Scrafty: 1742 Complete
Level100: 1965
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com