Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: +;The NEW Official Pe2k Podcast Thread;+ [Check for permanent places!] - Intro up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
I definitely get where you're coming from, but there's only so much time you can spend talking about ONE pokemon. I thought it would be easy. Then I did an episode. And I changed my mind.

I agree that it was too long, and I know we got off topic a lot (which is really easy to do). But, I did state several times that the first episode wasn't going to be planned even to the point where I had a list of topics, because, and I did say this, it was totally last minute and it was purely for the point of a first episode. Obviously the second one will be more planned out and whatnot. I knew we weren't going to have endless topics to discuss in the first episode because, like I said, that was the first one. You don't need to tell me half of this because I know already. x__x I guess I should thank you for the input, but unless you've been in a podcast before, it's not accurate for you to make comments regarding length and topics and whatnot. And clearly it'll be harder this Friday, considering we're going to have more than 4 people this time.

~GS.
I am going to be analytic about this...

HELL YEAH!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: +;The NEW Official Pe2k Podcast Thread;+ [Check for permanent places!] - Intro up

If there is ever disorganization in the podcast, I'll be the one to get it back on topic because I think out of all of the podcast members, I'm the one who actually keeps up with how the Pokemon franchise is doing. I have info and stuff to discuss on the podcast, but of course, it should not be restrained to just that. There should be more thrown into the podcast other than just Pokemon, so hopefully that other discussion can be related to PE2K.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM

I love the banner! Teddiursa and Flareon riding on a Kyogre with a raging storm around them ftw! =D
Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I love the banner! Teddiursa and Flareon riding on a Kyogre with a raging storm around them ftw! =D
^

I just realized that I was quoted on the front page. o:

WIN!

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post

I got bored, AND THAT WAS THE RESULT!

Also, podcasts are meant to be loose and fun, more like a chat than a lecture. I won't bother going into a whole rant about it, Xanthe pretty much did it for me. xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post

I got bored, AND THAT WAS THE RESULT!

Also, podcasts are meant to be loose and fun, more like a chat than a lecture. I won't bother going into a whole rant about it, Xanthe pretty much did it for me. xD
^ Pretty much this. The only thing I found a bit eh with the first episode was that the introduction of members and Torchic information dragged on for quite a bit of time.

And Xanthe and/or Mike, do you guys know how many people/who is going to be in tomorrows podcast? Just in case they forget or something you could remind them. c:

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 AM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Is this one tomorrow or the next day, also what time did we decide on *hopes for 7:30 or 10:30 your time.* also is it okay if I show up a bit late like 10 minutes late?

/if i can be on the podcast this week xD
Old 07-21-2011, 03:02 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

^ Pretty much this. The only thing I found a bit eh with the first episode was that the introduction of members and Torchic information dragged on for quite a bit of time.

And Xanthe and/or Mike, do you guys know how many people/who is going to be in tomorrows podcast? Just in case they forget or something you could remind them. c:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Is this one tomorrow or the next day, also what time did we decide on *hopes for 7:30 or 10:30 your time.* also is it okay if I show up a bit late like 10 minutes late?

/if i can be on the podcast this week xD
We've already discussed the line-up. Unfortunately I'm not sure that it's my place to reveal it. ;3

Guess you'll all have to wait for Xanthe to get out of school~! 8D

Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 AM

I have no idea what the lineup is, for I will not be in the next podcast. However, I do know the topic list =D
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I see your point, Craig, but trust me. I thought I'd be able to get everyone on topic, but it really wasn't that easy. xD But yeah.

I had a suggestion from a friend, but I think what I'll do is literally record my voice saying it instead of typing out a giant rant. xD I'll do that soon, hopefully.

It's decided that Anastasia and Shen will appear on this week's podcast for one particular reason: Gemma's birthday. c:

Sorry to all you guys who want to be in it. D: BUT. I've come up with a couple of plans. BUT. I'll have to voice them tomorrow. Sorry for the "tomorrow tomorrow next time next time" stuff, but yeah, it's getting late here and I'd like to go to bed. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Sorry to all you guys who want to be in it. D: BUT. I've come up with a couple of plans. BUT. I'll have to voice them tomorrow. Sorry for the "tomorrow tomorrow next time next time" stuff, but yeah, it's getting late here and I'd like to go to bed. xD

~GS.
Quit saying sorry so much. People should understand that it's sort of high demand to be on the podcast. A lot of people want their voices heard. They should also understand that they WILL get a turn, just some later than others. It's how it works. You can't have the entire cast of a movie on one talk show. It'd be all over the place, and nothing would be accomplished. That's the way I see it.

Here's an idea, thrown out there for consideration. Before we start up the podcast, I'll write up a list of people who said they wanted to be in it. At the end of it, we'll select 2 people to join our antics for next week, and the week after. When the weekend of August 5th rolls around, we'll do it again, until everyone's been on it AT LEAST once. I think this is fair, reasonable, and it will make it easier to decide who's got the time and the freedom to be on a podcast every week or so.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
Quit saying sorry so much. People should understand that it's sort of high demand to be on the podcast. A lot of people want their voices heard. They should also understand that they WILL get a turn, just some later than others. It's how it works. You can't have the entire cast of a movie on one talk show. It'd be all over the place, and nothing would be accomplished. That's the way I see it.

Here's an idea, thrown out there for consideration. Before we start up the podcast, I'll write up a list of people who said they wanted to be in it. At the end of it, we'll select 2 people to join our antics for next week, and the week after. When the weekend of August 5th rolls around, we'll do it again, until everyone's been on it AT LEAST once. I think this is fair, reasonable, and it will make it easier to decide who's got the time and the freedom to be on a podcast every week or so.
XD I actually was going to say sorry a third time after that, but then I realised I'd already said it twice, so I didn't write it again. xD But good point. I'm glad you see it my way. ^^;

Yes! That's a very good idea indeed, and if one of us is away or can't do it, then we can have three on (or have it smaller and easier with just two xD). Yeah. I think that's a really good plan. Caleb, I should talk to you more about the idea I have, and also stuff about the podcast.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

I've been listening to the two latest episodes (intro and Torchic one) and there's been a repeat of just dead beat silence for about a few seconds; or that (this is mentioned in the podcast) that there's something wrong. This happens every one-three minutes at a time; and while it may not be long I wonder what's wrong? Is it my computer, or the way I'm playing it? (I'm using the RSS feed thingo...) Or is it something that happened before it was released? Teo didn't mention anything but I'm not sure...at one point one of the members sounded really weird..

It does seem a little off track at times but it's funny and lively and you do manage to keep the Pokemon theme up; after some off track discussion you do keep it up.

This is my first time listening to a podcast and the way I listen to it is that I clicked on the second link, bookmarked the RSS feed and then went to what episode I wanted to listen to. That opened up the blog, so I clicked on the title, which opens up and shows a black window; and the episode starts up. Now I don't have iTunes and I also don't know how this works very well so is there a way so I can stop/pause/play it? Is the way I'm playing it normal? I'm not too sure.

I'm also very curious on how the actual composition works, I'm really interested. (Actually, I read the last few posts, scrap that..)

Anyway it was nice to hear something after my hiatus. Which I will be returning to soon. :P
Old 07-22-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Re: +;The NEW Official Pe2k Podcast Thread;+ - Episode one: torchic!

I would recommend using this link instead.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Default Re: +;The NEW Official Pe2k Podcast Thread;+ - Episode one: torchic!

Well I don't think there were supposed to be any long silences since I cut most of them out, and so whatever you heard must have been your computer. o: And about one of us sounding weird, who was it and when? Do you remember? xD Sometimes we glitched because of our connections, which is something you should keep in mind.

I...think you're listening to them right? It's probably the browser you're using. I use Firefox, so that's nice and easy for me. Usually when I link people to the podcast they're supposed to come across a screen with a bar across the middle that shows a cursor slowly moving along as the episode plays, and there's a little pause button and whatnot.

EDIT: MIKE THAT'S THE SAME LINK.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!