Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Pokemon+Dante's Inferno=???

OK, so here's my situation so far. I have one non-Pokemon Fanfiction, A Day In The Life Of A Koopa. This one is pretty much a chapter-per-month thing where I'll end it when I feel like it, with little semblance of plot or anything that matters.

On the other hand, I have never published a Pokemon Fanfiction, or one WITH a planned ending.

Well, having been reading Dante's Inferno in my sophomore English class, I realized a stunning way I could make a Pokemon Fanfiction tolerable for me to write. Simply put, I'm going to take Inferno and turn it into a PMD fanfiction.

In this case, Inferno is embodied by a hellish and fiery dungeon filled with unimaginable horrors that will mentally scar most rescue teams that go inside. No rescue team has returned as Rescue Badges are rendered useless here, and notes left behind by foolish treasure seekers tell the story of their slow descent into madness and death. While this may turn off most who would attempt to traverse this dungeon, one Pokemon Team is ready for the challenge. Our "hero", who has committed a grave sin in his Pokemon lifetime, must traverse this realm to cleanse his soul with the Orb of Purity, a mystical treasure artifact that is kept at the end of the dungeon and can cleanse the wielder's soul of all sin. The artifact is only rumored to exist, but the item is our hero's last hope for salvation.

He will be accompanied by a Noctowl known as "Virgil" and a Rapidash known as "Beatrice", which must protect our hero and his sanity from being lost to the fires of hell. Our hero must confront his past sins or be trapped in the dungeon forever, his sins embodied by the Inferno Pokemon of the Luxray of Violence and Ambition, the She-Mightyena of Incontinence, and the Liepard of Malice and Fraud, who chase after him and only him in order to destroy him once and for all. Finally, when our hero reaches the Orb, he will be confronted by the king of this realm, Groudon. This will be his final challenge, and will decide our hero's fate.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: Pokemon+Dante's Inferno=???

...And the title shall be Darkrai's Inferno.

Seriously though, I think this could work. Not as many people have read and paid attention to Dante's Inferno as, say, Twilight, but you still should find a few ways to make it an original story of its own merit -- as in, don't just turn all the characters into Pokémon, but do some brainstorming that proves to everyone that you took some of the incentive on your own. (Plus, it can only improve the Pokémon feel.)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Dachampster Offline

Simply put, it sounds epic. Ideas like these are what makes fanfiction stories tolerable.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
...And the title shall be Darkrai's Inferno.

Seriously though, I think this could work. Not as many people have read and paid attention to Dante's Inferno as, say, Twilight, but you still should find a few ways to make it an original story of its own merit -- as in, don't just turn all the characters into Pokémon, but do some brainstorming that proves to everyone that you took some of the incentive on your own. (Plus, it can only improve the Pokémon feel.)
Why would you ever compare The Divine Comedy to Twilight?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Why do you have to be a jerk?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Joke much? Why do you follow me around interpreting everything I say as an insult? Honestly, you seem to be making quite an effort as I fail to see how making a joke about comparing centuries-old Italian literature to Twilight can be interpreted as an insult. What is it supposed to be insulting, exactly?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Joke much? Why do you follow me around interpreting everything I say as an insult? Honestly, you seem to be making quite an effort as I fail to see how making a joke about comparing centuries-old Italian literature to Twilight can be interpreted as an insult. What is it supposed to be insulting, exactly?
Why did you need to say anything at all? If you have nothing to say about the idea, shut your face.

Anyway, the idea sounds good. I think it would be interesting to have a Pokemon version of hell. Maybe make more of a point to it though. All Dante really did was take a trip throughout hell. Maybe you could have the adventurer save someone.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Wow, guys, this is from forever ago xD Didn't NES2 already go through with this idea? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he started doing it for the old Dreamcraft contest

Old 07-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
I'm comparing its popularity to Twilight. It has nothing to do with the content of the story, only how many people have read it. And just a side note: dry humor is all well and good in real life, but on the Internet, everything suddenly sounds a lot more serious. Tread with caution, ne?

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-20-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Wow, guys, this is from forever ago xD Didn't NES2 already go through with this idea? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he started doing it for the old Dreamcraft contest
What I am saying is it could actually be like a series because it is such a good idea. Like, we are talking chapters! I already have a lot of influence from works like Dante's Inferno in my writing, and I think it would be brilliant to see a more modern one.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Didn't even notice I guess I'm supposed to lock this now since you're not supposed to post in threads more than a month old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
I'm comparing its popularity to Twilight. It has nothing to do with the content of the story, only how many people have read it. And just a side note: dry humor is all well and good in real life, but on the Internet, everything suddenly sounds a lot more serious. Tread with caution, ne?
I just thought it was an odd comparison. At least I'd hope most people have heard of Dante's Inferno.

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 07-20-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Closed Thread