Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
It could be a privately run school if they're also getting away with teaching homosexuality is bad?

Oh god, I bet it teaches creationism too D=
I guess so, but I don't see the literal point of giving Year Sevens GCSE-standard work? People in college study GCSEs too, Year Sevens wouldn't have the knowledge to complete the questions. .__.

Dear lord. I wonder what the Science lessons are like...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Well luckily this year have not done anything in science but next year or year 9 we might be doing Btec i am not sure.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Posner View Post
Well luckily this year have not done anything in science but next year or year 9 we might be doing Btec i am not sure.
... You haven't done anything in Science in your first year of high school?!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Well obviously we have just not any GCSE practice questions or such, mainly practicals.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Well obviously we have just not any GCSE practice questions or such, mainly practicals.
Can I ask what subjects you've covered in science?
Old 07-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

...I log onto this forum for the first time in months and this is the first thread that catches my eye
LOL well I have something to say

Quote:
little kids would be swearing at the homosexual dads calling them abrupt words and i do not think it would be fair on the kid they adopt that they have to go through that.
That doesn't sound plausible. Not even here in the US. I have experienced bullying almost exactly as you describe, myself, so I'm familiar with it, but it's only a few kids who participate, and it's almost always outside of school. I highly doubt an adopted child would have such severe problems with people swearing at their parents in public, especially in the UK, where I've heard people are slightly more tolerant...

Besides, studies have shown that, children raised by homosexual parents are not any worse off than other children. In fact, if anything, they may be better adapted than their heterosexual-raised counterparts. Like this. Or this.

Quote:
Well to be honest i do not have anything against homosexuals, i just feel sorry for the adopted kids because they have to go through bullying in school and such.

There is this gay kid in our school but i am not really sure if he is gay just dresses up like a girl bbut everyone swears at him, i am not going to lie i wanted to swear a couple times but my maturaty is passed that.
You should feel ashamed for how you treat them... They dress like a girl? Do they actually wear female clothing? If so, this actually sounds like transgender bullying, and is therefore irrelevant here anyway. I suppose you feel sorry for those adopted kids who are bullied, but not for them, right? Since you apparently just watch and laugh as people harass them and try to resist that urge to join in. And does nobody stand up for them? Someone in this situation is sick, but it's not them.

I wanted to slip into ze/zim/zis here but that was kind of confusing.

Geez.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
Can I ask what subjects you've covered in science?

Well we are currently on Physics, but we have learned a bit about biology.
I think we will cover Chemistry next year.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:

Well we are currently on Physics, but we have learned a bit about biology.
I think we will cover Chemistry next year.
This school sounds very strange to me...
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kayla Ann Send a message via MSN to Kayla Ann Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla Ann

Bringing back the topic of homosexuals.
(I could go back and quote everything, but im lazy as hell.)

Why should it be illegal for two homo sapiens to get married? Love is love. In the US, The first amendment states that every citizen has the following rights;

1. Freedom of Religion.
2. Freedom of Assembly.
3. Freedom of Press.
4. Freedom of Petition.
5. Freedom of Speech.

Since we do have Freedom of Religion, why must our marriage laws be based on Christianity, or religions that do not approve of gay rights?
There are plenty of religions that believe everyone should have the same rights. (i.e. Buddhism; Atheism; Agnostic etc.) Liking the same gender doesn't make you any less of a human being.

Homosexuality has the suffix "ality". Just like Reality, actuality, and personality. Which (im guessing) means a way of living or something in that general era.
Homophobia has the suffix "phobia" Which mean great fear. Homophobes are afraid of people who love the same gender, just Arachnophobia people are afraid of spiders.
Just because you're afraid of something, doesn't mean it's morally wrong. Homosexuals just love people. They're doing nothing wrong.

And on the topic of the adopting kids or whatever. Religion is something you grow up with. I personally am an Atheist. There is no proof of "God" or a God, so how can I believe that?
Anyways, no one forced a religion on me, and i'm perfectly fine with gay rights. EVERYONE should have the same rights. Yes, Homosexuals and their kids are going to have it harder in life, because there are sick people who think it's funny to make their lives a living hell. But homosexual parents wont raise a child to be a rude homophobic kid. Religion is a choice. We are all born with an open mind, and we believe what we want.
People are born gay, or born straight. It is not a choice. Just like we are all born with a heart. It's natural. Just because Homosexuals are the minority, doesn't mean they shouldn't have basic rights.

Personally, I am gay. So yeah, this is an important subject to me, and I want to voice my opinion. Because I am a citizen of the United States, and I have Freedom of Speech.

. tumblr .--------------. factfile - quotes . ---------------. Gallery .
_
Old 07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Ann View Post
Since we do have Freedom of Religion, why must our marriage laws be based on Christianity, or religions that do not approve of gay rights?
The states that do not allow same-sex marriage, while most are probably against it for religious reasons, have found other reasons to back up their stance. There are loopholes with everything.

Freedom of religion works both ways.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Write down what you think and why.

I got this question in my practise GCSE question and i answered,
I believe that H-S should not be allowed to get married because my faith says that women were made for men and men were made for women.
But other people might argue that they should be able to battle because it is a human rights to get married and have children and it does not say anything against homosexuals.

Most weddings take place in religious places and if a man and man were to get married they would have to ask the leader of the religious place if it is okay for them to marry in their place of worship,
i would say no again because of my faith and the fact that if they were to adopt a child little kids would be swearing at the homosexual dads calling them abrupt words and i do not think it would be fair on the kid they adopt that they have to go through that.
But some people might disagree with me and say it is there choice.
Ahem. Ahehehem. Aherehemphahemarahemraphem. Sorry. Just clearing my throat.

First of all, now days, many marriages are done in courthouses.

Way back when (hate to burst your bubble), marriages were viewed upon as transactions as property. For instance, the Jews would throw their sandals over their shoulder (showing a business deal has been accepted), the same was done with wives. Even when America was being settled, or when Christianity dominated over half the world, women were looked upon and valued as property. Marriage, in the religious sense, is nothing but a business transaction.

Second of all, you will probably say, "Nuh uh. My priest/pastor/father/mother/what-the-flip-ever, told me that marriage in the faith is to show love." Yeah, okay. You believe that, but then look at history and it will tell you the truth behind that pathetic excuse.

Now religious bashing aside, what makes you think it is natural for women to desire the opposite sex, and vis versa? Religious testament? As I said, that is debunked and not legitimate. History has proven that ever since there were humans, there were gay people. Do not tell me it was a choice back then, because the only choice now days is on whether or not to cover it up or not. American society as a whole frowns upon gays, which is stupid. What have they ever done to you? What will they ever do to you? They are not bothering you. It is the same about that kid who lives down the street. You know. That one who is Jewish. Why was his heritage picked on in AMERICA even for centuries? What did he ever do to you? Absolutely nothing.

Gays should be allowed to marry, and by golly, it should be a ceremony just as spectacular as ones put for straight people. Why deny their privilege to love each other by official standards? Marriage was not a concept designed by your religions.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 PM
LS Offline

I have one question.

Why do people care so much to make a thread about it on a pokemon forum?

They're gay. Who cares. nuff said
Old 07-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Tombi Offline

]Linking with what PE2K Voices said, did you know that Spartan warriors, the most vicious, highly trained, bloodthirsty, manly men EVER used to sleep with their fellow soldiers? Men and women having same-gender sex and relationships was commonplace in the Ancient World, which is why I believe that all you anti-gay lot's reasons are all down to society and religion. Funny it was acceptable when your God wasn't heard, isn't it?

Last edited by Tombi; 07-17-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I actually read this thread as "Should heterosexuals be allowed to marry?" XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daughter of Mew View Post
Christians are always more than happy to condemn homosexuals, yet I've never heard one say adultery is wrong. I've never heard a Christian say drinking is wrong. I've never heard a Christian scorn their Bieber-obsessed daughter (an idolater). I hear many Christians swear despite revilers being prevented from going to heaven. Yeah, you get the point.
Well I'm gonna be the first one to tell you that I have hated adultery my entire life; have loathed it, because it's freaking sick and makes me want to punch people in the face with a spatula. And dude, one of the ten commandments says that you shouldn't commit adultery. XD It doesn't have anything about homosexuality in it, though.

And.

I, by no means, condemn homosexuality. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
Why do people care so much to make a thread about it on a pokemon forum?
Seconded. Why can't people leave these touchy topics alone? >.> You're gonna make more enemies than friends. :c

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthar View Post
The states that do not allow same-sex marriage, while most are probably against it for religious reasons, have found other reasons to back up their stance. There are loopholes with everything.

Freedom of religion works both ways.
That's called "lying". In the end, no matter what they try and cover it up with, it's for religious reasons.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Closed Thread