Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt
Default Thank you, everybody.

What's up Art Boards! I know most of you don't know me, and I hope some of you do. I used to be a moderator here a while back. I used to be a HUGE Pokemon nerd too (proudly!), an avid URPG player and ref, and of course, a banner and sprite fiend. In fact, that is the reason I'm here now.

This is where it all started (well, actually, GHPF is where it all started, but that fell by the wayside long ago. I prefer to call PE2K my home). This site is where I started playing with Photoshop, and eventually Illustrator. It brought back the artist in me that I so stupidly abandoned after elementary school. It gave me a passion that I respected and loved, and friends to share that passion with! It gave me competition and drive. I remember battling my butt off in the WARs, doing cartoons, banners, graphics, sprites, and who knows what else. At the time I was just in love with everything Pokemon and everything PE2K, and wasn't aware that I was building my future.

I wrote my application essay to art school about Pokemon. More specifically, I wrote about my journey through this great website, and all that I learned. Needless to say, I was accepted! I'm now in one of the country's best Graphic Design programs, and the passion that I developed here is growing every day. I am halfway to my BFA, have an esteemed internship at a professional design studio (would you believe me if I told you I designed a brochure for Dove?), and I'm quickly becoming what I dreamed of the moment I came to the forums. I also met the love of my life at art school. I couldn't have done that without you folks either.

Of course some people deserve extra hugs and kisses: Raul, Dorothy, Aimee, Zach, Gaia, Callum. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. But the point is, I really need to thank all of you. It's people like you that made me who I am. I see you guys doing things artistically that made my jaw drop five years ago, and I know all of you will go on to be great.

I'm glad to see this place has held up fine, and I would just like to say: keep doing what you love! Don't let anyone tell you it's stupid, and don't let anyone stand in the way of your dreams. I may not be around anymore, but I'll always be a proud part of the PE2K family. This site was a huge part of my childhood, and I will never forget that.

Thanks for making my dreams come true! I love you all!
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: Thank you, everybody.

Aww, hey Matt! Glad to hear you're doing alright! ^_^

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Closed Thread