Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Default PE2K shop?

Hiya. My names Patricio. I used to be really active on this forum around this time last year and it's great. I've been to a few forums however and noticed something. Well, some of the forums had the same layout, I mean who could blame them, and they had an extra cool feature which I thought might spark an idea or two here, what with the new changes.

They had a system of "credits" or forum currency. These credits were obtained by posting. They were solely used in the shop and the shop had a few trinkets and whatnot. Some of the choices were username changes, increased pm box, username color change, userbar addition.

I don't know the exact science of how the credits were calculated with posts but it balanced out well. I thought this might seem as a nice idea and it could promote more activity.

So yeah. If you wouldn't mind giving some thoughts on the idea for the site, that'd be cool.

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: PE2K shop?

I think this sounds cool, and I'm no computer programmer or anything, but I have a feeling that a LOT of work goes into that kind of thing... If we adopted this on-site, I think it's be awesome, but I doubt it will.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

If it can be done, PE2K Staff, I highly recommend you do this. You want activity to go up? This is the best idea I have heard thus far.

I highly emphasize the word "if," so if it cannot be done, I don't want any flack for pushing it, 'kay?

If it can be done, and you don't want to do it, just don't respond and let this blow over.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

At the moment, I have no idea whether this can be done or not, actually. We were thinking about something similar, but it never precipitated because nobody knew what to do and how to do it.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Geoffrey View Post
If it can be done, PE2K Staff, I highly recommend you do this. You want activity to go up? This is the best idea I have heard thus far.

I highly emphasize the word "if," so if it cannot be done, I don't want any flack for pushing it, 'kay?

If it can be done, and you don't want to do it, just don't respond and let this blow over.

~Professor Geoffrey
Thanks for the support. ;D

Like you said, if it can be done.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

I have been on a forum that had something similar to what you're talking about. So I know it's something that can be done for sure. I'm just not sure if we gave the resources or man power to implement something like that on here.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:44 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

It'll bring up activity, but I think it's also likely to bring spamming and pointless posts up by a heap.

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
It'll bring up activity, but I think it's also likely to bring spamming and pointless posts up by a heap.
On that note,

Have you guys considered a Spam section? In this section, you'd get no post count, and no credits. I've seen multiple forums have this. Rules would apply to, ya know, no "bad" stuff.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:00 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

A spam section has been shot down numerous times in the past because it would make the forum look too messy, and therefore more unappealing.

Even if one was implemented, it wouldn't stop people spamming for prizes, because they wouldn't spam there as there's nothing to gain from it.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

I've never seen the point of a spam section. It's just like "HERPADERP im gna post in 1337 tlk cos i can lololol'. Pointless.

I like the shop idea, though, and most of the spambots are new accounts with no intention on staying, so the shop doesn't affect them. Human-made spam can be dealth with accordingly.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
A spam section has been shot down numerous times in the past because it would make the forum look too messy, and therefore more unappealing.

Even if one was implemented, it wouldn't stop people spamming for prizes, because they wouldn't spam there as there's nothing to gain from it.
I see what you mean about the Spam section, but posting worthless posts. I mean, that would probably be the only risk. But then again, the genuine members are the ones who would find this appealing, and afterall they're the ones who make the meaningful posts.

I think that there may be a few more spammers, but the only way to get the items in the shop would be to make well-written, on topic posts.

What I mean is, the spammers won't be here long to receive any prizes, as they'll be banned. The members who've been here for years will. And because of their commitment to the forum, things won't really change in the quality of posting.

Sorry if I made no sense, I just woke up and haven't showered or anything.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Battlestar Offline

This sounds awesome it would be great to have a currency. Also maybe we can have awards that go on our profile!

Think you have what it takes to hang out with the baddest on PE2K? Then Join Team Rocket Corporation!

Join Today!!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hp?groupid=954
Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Thanks for the support! ;D Maybe if we can get enough supporters and if this idea can become a reality, it'd surely benefit the forum and more activity would rise about.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
At the moment, I have no idea whether this can be done or not, actually. We were thinking about something similar, but it never precipitated because nobody knew what to do and how to do it.
Oooo aaa I know this one!! :D

What Puh-tree-cee-oh's is describing is a Vbulletin addon

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210236

This one would probably come somewhat close to it. Anyway these vbulletin add's can be modified if one knows coding. So if we add that addon to the forum we can use currency/money and I'm sure these "items" can be added into the addon with some editing, unless it's already a part of it. :)

Anyway what really is standing in the way of this idea happening is that Ryan, the admin, isn't active and he's the only one that has FTP access.

So this is doable, but only if Ryan does it.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Oooo aaa I know this one!! :D

What Puh-tree-cee-oh's is describing is a Vbulletin addon

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210236

This one would probably come somewhat close to it. Anyway these vbulletin add's can be modified if one knows coding. So if we add that addon to the forum we can use currency/money and I'm sure these "items" can be added into the addon with some editing, unless it's already a part of it. :)

Anyway what really is standing in the way of this idea happening is that Ryan, the admin, isn't active and he's the only one that has FTP access.

So this is doable, but only if Ryan does it.
That's the exact one. Let's just hope Ryan comes on coincidentally soon. I'm more then positive that this would be nothing short of an activity booster to the site.

You rock dude. =]