Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I'd personally like to see them expand the group to a Five Man Band. I think the potential interaction between all of them would be enjoyable and allow for greater storytelling.

For Black & White, they'd have to keep Iris and Cilan because they are regional representatives, but I'd like to see Misty come back and maybe Max or Tracy. I think that would work out well.
No offense to you if you are a Max fan, but that kid deserves to get a bigass kick in the face by a large Hitmonlee.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

None taken. I'm just gonna eat some popcorn and watch May's Blaziken beat you senseless now for insulting her potentially matured over the years brother. Ooh, and it's caramel coated popcorn too!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zorua View Post
None taken. I'm just gonna eat some popcorn and watch May's Blaziken beat you senseless now for insulting her potentially matured over the years brother. Ooh, and it's caramel coated popcorn too!
Come on now. You think May's Blaziken would actually hurt me? Correction, you think May would actually hurt me? Please son, Water types are my prioritah, meaning May is a dead ho in a ditch and Max is so getting the beatdown from Hitmonlee. Target... neutralized.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

I have caramel popcorn. Your argument is irrelevant =P
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zorua View Post
I have caramel popcorn. Your argument is irrelevant =P
Two camels in a tiny car. I win =)
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

I see your Two camels in a tiny car and raise one Chuck Norris.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,074
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

All I'm saying is that a larger team would create a better dynamic. Smaller difference would stand out more and characters will have a better opportunity to interact with each other and grow.

I didn't really find any of the characters annoying, though honestly I hate Iris telling Ash he's such a kid.

Why not have Dawn and Brock traveling with Ash, Cilan, and Iris? The mixing and matching could be quite fun!
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Because Dawn is annoying, May is a pacifist, and Max is a prick. Any other of the characters is fine.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Gotta Ketchum All's Avatar
Gotta Ketchum All Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to Gotta Ketchum All Send a message via MSN to Gotta Ketchum All Send a message via Skype™ to Gotta Ketchum All
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
All I'm saying is that a larger team would create a better dynamic. Smaller difference would stand out more and characters will have a better opportunity to interact with each other and grow.

I didn't really find any of the characters annoying, though honestly I hate Iris telling Ash he's such a kid.

Why not have Dawn and Brock traveling with Ash, Cilan, and Iris? The mixing and matching could be quite fun!
Ya I have to agree with ya on how it would be interesting to see all those characters interact with one another. AND I TOTALLY AGREE with how annoying Iris is by always telling Ash he is such a kid. She has no idea all the things he has gone through in his life! I personally would want to see Misty and Brock come back and repair that group that they tore apart
They had such a chemistry that worked so well and all these new characters are boring and add nothing to the show...*sigh* oh well
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

I want to see what Max is like now.

inb4 TA spits on my face
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
All I'm saying is that a larger team would create a better dynamic. Smaller difference would stand out more and characters will have a better opportunity to interact with each other and grow.

I didn't really find any of the characters annoying, though honestly I hate Iris telling Ash he's such a kid.

Why not have Dawn and Brock traveling with Ash, Cilan, and Iris? The mixing and matching could be quite fun!
A larger group would not necessarily make differences more apparent. If all the characters are as shallow as the next, it would like having Zoolander (Ben Stiller comedy) as an anime. The only characters that I honestly think had any depth in the show was Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey (< kinda a stretch), Professor Oak, Sabrina, etc.

Max had no history, May was not interesting to say the least, and Dawn seemed to be a last minute addition. Honestly, I think it would be funny to see how Brock and Ash would fair together alone for a good portion of a season. Since Ash is so unresponsive when Brock gives into his physical attractions to women, it would be even more comical than it was when Misty manhandled Brock. It would be like watching bachelors going on an adventure with magical creatures and an abundance of island nations to explore.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Gotta Ketchum All's Avatar
Gotta Ketchum All Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to Gotta Ketchum All Send a message via MSN to Gotta Ketchum All Send a message via Skype™ to Gotta Ketchum All
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
A larger group would not necessarily make differences more apparent. If all the characters are as shallow as the next, it would like having Zoolander (Ben Stiller comedy) as an anime. The only characters that I honestly think had any depth in the show was Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey (< kinda a stretch), Professor Oak, Sabrina, etc.

Max had no history, May was not interesting to say the least, and Dawn seemed to be a last minute addition. Honestly, I think it would be funny to see how Brock and Ash would fair together alone for a good portion of a season. Since Ash is so unresponsive when Brock gives into his physical attractions to women, it would be even more comical than it was when Misty manhandled Brock. It would be like watching bachelors going on an adventure with magical creatures and an abundance of island nations to explore.
Hahaha I would love to see Ash and Brock travel around like bachelors! It would be hilarious with how Brock is always chasing girls and Ash is always so clueless when it comes to girls
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 PM
dgg's Avatar
dgg Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Default Re: will dawn and brock come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta Ketchum All View Post
Hahaha I would love to see Ash and Brock travel around like bachelors! It would be hilarious with how Brock is always chasing girls and Ash is always so clueless when it comes to girls
Dawn suck and May had no personality at all. Dawn don't need to come back,but Brock and Misty deserve to come back into the show since they were the best trio ever.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-14-2011, 05:25 PM
SCX's Avatar
SCX Offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16
Default Brock's Return & Dawn Not-so-much

Let me say that I don't see a reason for Dawn coming back except for fans. I myself love Dawn, but I think the writers wanted the Sinnoh Saga to end. May got a bit of a closure and the only reason she came back in my opinion, was that people were curious. However, Misty didn't have that exact closure. So, I can see that Misty would come back, but that's not what we're talking about, now are we? However, I can see the possibilities of Brock coming back.

My Own Personal Intake - (As in, looking through my own feelings like all of you are! :3)

I can see that Brock comes in and he is an intern or a doctor still in training. With all the Pokemon Centers and the Nurse Joy's that seem to be new to what they do, it would not be much of a surprise that he helps out. That and I'd SO love to see Brock and Dento go at it a mock Iron Chef showdown. Those by all means are my personal opinions. I also want Brock to have a NEW voice actor. His second VA killed Brock. The second to last episode of the Sinnoh Saga when Nurse Joy was all, "Brock, you have to calm down!" - Yeah, there was NO expression. Now I'm just rambling and ranting. Lawl.

A Critical Perspective - (No feelings, just a lotta thinking x_x )

The last we saw of Brock was when he left in the last Sinnoh Saga episode from the post that pointed to Pallet Town and Viridian City (or Forest). Take into consideration that whenever Brock did leave, he sort of came back. That could clearly be a slight end, but he would have an appearance where he meets Ash's new friends. He'll come back as a special when Ash is back in Kanto or he is visiting Unova. But the only reason he could ever come back otherwise is to have a lot of viewers. If Brock were to come back at all, he'd play no role except for that one special episode where he just so happens to visit out of the blue to please fans.

My personal intake on who should make an appearance -
Giovanni

It's time he met Ash.
For reals.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 AM
dgg's Avatar
dgg Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Default Re: Brock's Return & Dawn Not-so-much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCX View Post
Let me say that I don't see a reason for Dawn coming back except for fans. I myself love Dawn, but I think the writers wanted the Sinnoh Saga to end. May got a bit of a closure and the only reason she came back in my opinion, was that people were curious. However, Misty didn't have that exact closure. So, I can see that Misty would come back, but that's not what we're talking about, now are we? However, I can see the possibilities of Brock coming back.

My Own Personal Intake - (As in, looking through my own feelings like all of you are! :3)

I can see that Brock comes in and he is an intern or a doctor still in training. With all the Pokemon Centers and the Nurse Joy's that seem to be new to what they do, it would not be much of a surprise that he helps out. That and I'd SO love to see Brock and Dento go at it a mock Iron Chef showdown. Those by all means are my personal opinions. I also want Brock to have a NEW voice actor. His second VA killed Brock. The second to last episode of the Sinnoh Saga when Nurse Joy was all, "Brock, you have to calm down!" - Yeah, there was NO expression. Now I'm just rambling and ranting. Lawl.

A Critical Perspective - (No feelings, just a lotta thinking x_x )

The last we saw of Brock was when he left in the last Sinnoh Saga episode from the post that pointed to Pallet Town and Viridian City (or Forest). Take into consideration that whenever Brock did leave, he sort of came back. That could clearly be a slight end, but he would have an appearance where he meets Ash's new friends. He'll come back as a special when Ash is back in Kanto or he is visiting Unova. But the only reason he could ever come back otherwise is to have a lot of viewers. If Brock were to come back at all, he'd play no role except for that one special episode where he just so happens to visit out of the blue to please fans.

My personal intake on who should make an appearance -
Giovanni

It's time he met Ash.
For reals.
Dawn don't need to come back she suck so damn badly and her character is very annoying also unpopular.

Brock i would love for him to come back but since the show is rebooted now because of the Best Wishes series he wont return.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com