Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:01 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
I do believe he's asking if the Pokemon remains asleep for six actions completely without rolls or does he roll to see if the Pokemon awakens for each action.
No. I was talking to him about this over AIM. He's asking if the Pokemon stays asleep if it fails it rolls for six of it's actions alone or six actions total done by both Pokemon (three actions each and then the asleep Pokemon wakes up). Or that's what I understood from our conversation.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
No. I was talking to him about this over AIM. He's asking if the Pokemon stays asleep if it fails it rolls for six of it's actions alone or six actions total done by both Pokemon (three actions each and then the asleep Pokemon wakes up). Or that's what I understood from our conversation.
Yea that. Suck with words

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartic Tundra View Post
Yea that. Suck with words
I still don't completely understand the question. ; - ; Read the page in the Compendium entitled. "Copy of Statuses," and the Sleep column. If that doesn't clarify, then IM me on AIM and we'll sort things out. :]
Old 07-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

I'm no trying to be rude, but I'm tired and irritable. It seems the default answer for any question regarding something being reffed is "Check the Compendium" as if we haven't already. It, like everything, has flaws and isn't the Great Big Book of Everything. And again, in reference to your battle, I don't appreciate being called out publicly like that. You easily could have PMed me.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Let me see if I can help any further. Let's say Pokemon A, a Rattata, is asleep. In the compendium, it says that a Pokemon that is asleep stays asleep for six actions unless it rolls to wake up. The ref rolls to see if it wakes up and it fails. Now, lets say that Pokemon B, a Shinx, uses a move that ups its stats. Does the ref roll for Rattata to wake up? Or, if Shinx attacks Rattata and does damage, does that count as one of the six actions that Rattata is asleep?

Does that help at all? If not, then I'll try again if needed since I know what Beartic is trying to ask.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 07-04-2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: addding more to the question and changing some wording
Old 07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartic Tundra View Post
I'm no trying to be rude, but I'm tired and irritable. It seems the default answer for any question regarding something being reffed is "Check the Compendium" as if we haven't already. It, like everything, has flaws and isn't the Great Big Book of Everything. And again, in reference to your battle, I don't appreciate being called out publicly like that. You easily could have PMed me.
Sorry, I'm just saying that the answer to a lot of the questions asked here can be found on the Compendium or in the Ref/Ranger handbook. :/

I'll take note that you want to be contacted via PM/IM about issues in the future.
Quote:
Let me see if I can help any further. Let's say Pokemon A, a Rattata, is asleep. In the compendium, it says that a Pokemon that is asleep stays asleep for six actions unless it rolls to wake up. The ref rolls to see if it wakes up and it fails. Now, lets say that Pokemon B, a Shinx, uses a move that ups its stats. Does the ref roll for Rattata to wake up? Or, if Shinx attacks Rattata and does damage, does that count as one of the six actions that Rattata is asleep?

Does that help at all? If not, then I'll try again if needed since I know what Beartic is trying to ask.
Hmm, I think I get it now; the roll for a Pokemon to wake up is before it's action. So the wake up roll is twice per Round, regardless of what move Shinx uses (other than moves that wake up the sleeping Pokemon). Does that answer the question? D;
Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

When a ghost type uses Psycho Shift, does it also lose an extra -1 energy the action it's used? It says every action it's in the Psycho Shift form, so I assume the end of the turn counts as one? I dunno D:

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
When a ghost type uses Psycho Shift, does it also lose an extra -1 energy the action it's used? It says every action it's in the Psycho Shift form, so I assume the end of the turn counts as one? I dunno D:
As the Ref, its up to you, but I'd say yes.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Elbub Offline

Quote:
I think this has been answered, but I'll back it up and clear it up.

The rolls only apply for the Pokémon that is asleep actions. You don't roll on it's opponents actions. Ergo, as Jenn said, it's 2 rolls per round.

Activity Status: Off for the Summer. Activity will be up.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Can somebody please fix the damage cell for the Compendium? It got broken again. I swear, if you break it, there is this new thing called Ctrl-Z you should look into.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
Do you mean Phase Shift? If so, its every action that the Pokemon is ethereal, including opponent's actions.

pokemon a uses phase shift
pokemon b uses attack (-1 energy)
pokemon a uses lick (-1 energy)
pokemon b uses attack (-1 energy)

Elbub is right about sleeping Pokémon. How should it be reworded in the Compendium to avoid this issue?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
murgle-flag Offline

Do we get money if we win a contest? (When they're up). Because it says you win a ribbon but nothing about money...
Old 07-05-2011, 07:08 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I'm now confused. I'm seeing refs get paid at the end of a battle, $5 for every round reffed, and then getting paid once a week in the HQ. How exactly does that work?

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle-flag View Post
Do we get money if we win a contest? (When they're up). Because it says you win a ribbon but nothing about money...
Ask Nathan, lol.
Quote:
I'm now confused. I'm seeing refs get paid at the end of a battle, $5 for every round reffed, and then getting paid once a week in the HQ. How exactly does that work?
Let's say a Senior Ref Reffs a three-round Battle in one week. Once the battle is over and the participants are paid, the Ref will receive $15 ($5 per Round * 3 Rounds). Then, since he's a Sr. Ref, he'll receive $10+$5+$5, which is $20. So, for Reffing that battle, he'll ultimately receive $35. Get it? :)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Let's say a Senior Ref Reffs a three-round Battle in one week. Once the battle is over and the participants are paid, the Ref will receive $15 ($5 per Round * 3 Rounds). Then, since he's a Sr. Ref, he'll receive $10+$5+$5, which is $20. So, for Reffing that battle, he'll ultimately receive $35. Get it? :)
Kinda. I was talking to Beartic about it and he didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say and that he only get's paid the $5 for reffing the first round in a battle and $4 for every round after that, but then I saw that refs were getting paid at the end of battles (the $5 per round) and I was trying to explain that in a way a ref gets paid twice for the same battle. Does that make sense? And it's $5 per round at the end of the battle no matter what rank of ref you are? (trying to learn all these things before I hopefully become a ref after the test update X3)

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Closed Thread