Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old 07-01-2011, 07:24 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartic Tundra View Post
Will there be a July 4th event?

We were actually just talking about that. Or at least I was with Justin. xD I'm not sure, since it's a holiday that, to my knowledge, is only celebrated in America. We might not, though. :I Especially since it's not very far away and I, the only reliably active ASB Mod, am busy all this week - too busy to organize something other than ANOTHER cheesy AIM event, which are getting boring, imo. D;
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
  #167  
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

If someone were going to be inactive for awhile while having unfinished battles, would those battles be postponed or something until the person came back?
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
  #168  
Old 07-01-2011, 09:44 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
If someone were going to be inactive for awhile while having unfinished battles, would those battles be postponed or something until the person came back?
Majority of the time, yes, but if you say in your leaving post that you want to keep the battles open, then we probably will, unless you'll be gone for more then a few weeks.
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
  #169  
Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,759
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Wanted to make sure of this so I didn't make a total nincompoop of myself before I posted...
Swift, Aerial Ace, etc always hit the target, right? Even with Double Team?
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
  #170  
Old 07-03-2011, 04:18 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Wanted to make sure of this so I didn't make a total nincompoop of myself before I posted...
Swift, Aerial Ace, etc always hit the target, right? Even with Double Team?
Effect of Swift in the Compendium: "Regardless of accuracy roll, this action will hit target."
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
  #171  
Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Temporal Diamond's Avatar
Temporal Diamond Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fifth floor, West of Hogwarts.
Posts: 537
Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

I have a question. If I use Sleep Talk when my Pokemon is asleep during the battle, do I get to choose which move comes out or is there some formula to it? Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question, I'm quite new around here. ;_;
  #172  
Old 07-03-2011, 07:34 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
I have a question. If I use Sleep Talk when my Pokemon is asleep during the battle, do I get to choose which move comes out or is there some formula to it? Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question, I'm quite new around here. ;_;
The Ref decides using the RNG.
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
  #173  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

1) What is RNG? I'm still not sure what that means.
2) Is there a place in ASB to change a Pokémon's nickname? Like if you want to change one on your team already or if you buy or trade one that already has a nickname that you don't want it to have.
3) I don't mean to sound rude, but why is there slim to no updates in the Safari Zone? Some haven't been updated in weeks.
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 07-04-2011 at 01:48 AM.
  #174  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
1) What is RNG? I'm still not sure what that means.
2) Is there a place in ASB to change a Pokémon's nickname? Like if you want to change one on your team already or if you buy or trade one that already has a nickname that you don't want it to have.
3) I don't mean to sound rude, but why is there slim to no updates in the Safari Zone? Some haven't been updated in weeks.
1: RNG = Random Number Generator
2: I believe you can just change a Pokemon's nickname on your own.
3: Can't answer that one for ya.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
  #175  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
1) What is RNG? I'm still not sure what that means.
It's short for Random Number Generator, used for random chance effects like Thunderbolt paralyzing and for accuracy.

Quote:
2) Is there a place in ASB to change a Pokémon's nickname? Like if you want to change one on your team already or if you buy or trade one that already has a nickname that you don't want it to have.
To my knowledge, no. Nicknames aren't exactly an important thing, so I'm fairly certain, unless someone says something otherwise, you can just change a mon's nickname any time you want.

Quote:
3) I don't mean to sound rude, but why is there slim to no updates in the Safari Zone? Some haven't been updated in weeks.
We fully understand your impatience. I personally can't say what the problem is, as I'm not generally involved in that, but I do apologize for the inconvenience.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
  #176  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:04 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fedora View Post
To my knowledge, no. Nicknames aren't exactly an important thing, so I'm fairly certain, unless someone says something otherwise, you can just change a mon's nickname any time you want.
So if I were to by a Pokémon from the Used-Pokémon Dealership that had a nickname, could I just change or get rid of it? Or would I have to register it with the nickname and then change the nickname?
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
  #177  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
So if I were to by a Pokémon from the Used-Pokémon Dealership that had a nickname, could I just change or get rid of it? Or would I have to register it with the nickname and then change the nickname?
You don't need to use the same nickname when registering.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
  #178  
Old 07-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Beartic Tundra's Avatar
Beartic Tundra Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gaga's Dressing Room
Posts: 1,024
Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

When a poke is asleep, and has 6 actions left, is that total actions?

Ex: Poke A (SLP for 6 actions)
Poke B attacks (Poke A SLP - 5 actions)

or

Poke A (SLP > 6 actions)
Poke B attacks
Poke A rolls, still SLP (SLP > 5 actions)
__________________
98% of teenagers drink alcohol before 16. Copy this to your signature if you like bagels.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
  #179  
Old 07-04-2011, 04:44 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fedora View Post
It's short for Random Number Generator, used for random chance effects like Thunderbolt paralyzing and for accuracy.
/Adding to Nate's answer. I, personally, use Random.org. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartic Tundra View Post
When a poke is asleep, and has 6 actions left, is that total actions?

Ex: Poke A (SLP for 6 actions)
Poke B attacks (Poke A SLP - 5 actions)

or

Poke A (SLP > 6 actions)
Poke B attacks
Poke A rolls, still SLP (SLP > 5 actions)
I don't understand the question..?
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
  #180  
Old 07-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
/Adding to Nate's answer. I, personally, use Random.org. :P
I don't understand the question..?
I do believe he's asking if the Pokemon remains asleep for six actions completely without rolls or does he roll to see if the Pokemon awakens for each action.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com