Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ruben Send a message via Yahoo to Ruben
Arrow I want to write a story, but...

but i dont know how to start... I have a complete story in my mind. I've been wondering with the idea in my head for about 2 years now but i can't write it down :( Is there somebody that can help me ?

- Ruben V.

"Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? This is me, this is you, and over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right, it's Paris!"
- Dusin Hoffman, I *heart* huckabees
Old 04-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: I want to write a story, but...

simple: just write. starting writing. it doesn't have to be your start but just write.
same with your ideas. don't keep them in your head, write them down. write everything you think about down. you don't have to keep it, edit is always an option, but writing them down gives you a great head start. it is true that how to start writing something is hard so don't start from the beginning. maybe start from the middle.

key: if you write, it will come easier to you instead of always thinking about it.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Exclamation Re: I want to write a story, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
simple: just write. starting writing. it doesn't have to be your start but just write.
same with your ideas. don't keep them in your head, write them down. write everything you think about down. you don't have to keep it, edit is always an option, but writing them down gives you a great head start. it is true that how to start writing something is hard so don't start from the beginning. maybe start from the middle.

key: if you write, it will come easier to you instead of always thinking about it.

~Jack~
You think so ? Thank you ! So you mean just first the basics, no details, and when that's 'done', i can start the real thing! THX ! I'll try that :)

- Ruben V.

"Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? This is me, this is you, and over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right, it's Paris!"
Old 04-25-2004, 05:12 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

You can always write it down on Microsoft Word and then save it and then go back to it and try to see whats missing or what shouldnt be there. Take a few days to really look at the start of it and try to fix it the way you want it.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

You can help stream your story if you draw a simple timeline and write down some details (like write down some events or such) on the timeline. This might help you keep your story in focus. This might also help with connecting your story when using Lil Leprachaun's strategy.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Exclamation Re: I want to write a story, but...

Thank you for all of your tips, so i tried to begin, but i just couldn't, i maybe just dont have the writing skills... I guess my dream can never be accomplished...

- Ruben V.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

well, just start writing, dont worry about punctuation, writing style, or correlation when your finished, put it away and come back and look at it in a couple of months. Its very difficult for a writer to critique his/her own writing especially right after they have finsihed, but if you put it away and dont look at it for a while youll get some perspective on the work.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

YEah. Just put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Just write something. Random blurps of stuff. It doesn't matter as long as you start writing. Once you do get the strides, then you can start writing more and such. As I say, you don't know unless you try.