Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Hoshika Offline

Default [WAR X] Humor 2011 - NOPE

WAR X HUMOR
SIMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I. INTRODUCTION
Note: Everything important will be in bold because I know how boring it is to read this.
Really? Well, in case if you're new to this, hi. This is the Humor Event for War X. Your goal in participating in this event is to be so funny that I, the judge, start projectile vomiting uncontrollably all over the place because the submissions (perhaps even yours) are just that ridiculously hilarious. There are a few rules and regulations for this event, which will be mentioned later. Maybe the next little paragraph after this. I dunno, I'm still fixing this thread at the moment.

II. HOW THE EVENT WORKS
IT'S SHORT

Each week, starting the week of June 26, I will put up a theme for you little ninjas to follow for your entry, for example, "puppies". Everyone will submit something funny related to puppies, hoping they will win the grand prize of like 2 points or something (needs to be confirmed :\ ). The form for submissions is as follows:

NAME:
TEAM:
ENTRY:

But it's really so simple that I don't mind if you submit your entries without it. Cutting to the chase, this is how I will grade:

I WON'T.

I HATE NUMBERS. NUMBERS ARE FOR LOSERS. But I'll still give you a general score out of 10 (0 being absolute crap, 10 being so funny it put me in the hospital, 5 okay) as well as a semi-detailed review of your atrocious piece of filth. If you want more of my opinion, PM me. I'll clear out my inbox just for you (not really but feel free to PM me about any issues/questions whatsoever).

First place winner gets 3 POINTS.
Second place gets 2 POINTS.
Everyone else gets NOTHING.

^ THIS IS HOW THE POINT DISTRIBUTION IS AS FAR AS I KNOW. Maybe I'll recieve confirmation later.

III. RULES (and regulations?)
If you don't follow them I will eat your hands.

IMPORTANT RULES THAT I DIDN'T MAKE

1. THIS IS A SCHEDULE FOR SUBMISSIONS AND I THINK YOU SHOULD READ IT. I will accept late entries up until around the time I sleep 11~12 AM EST. Yes I do sleep later than that on the weekends. Shh. SO LISTEN TO THE FUNNY FLYING SQUIRREL.
2. If I receive little to no submissions, the event may be cancelled. Just saying. :(

THE EXTREMELY STRICT RULES

1. BE FUNNY. You get this.
2. NO STEALING ANYTHING. If I find out that you've submitted something that is not yours or if anyone reports you with proof, I disqualify you. Or maybe even ban you from the event, depending on how bad it is. Memes don't count unless if you're DUM enough to not edit it (i.e. empty Buzz/Woody meme template).
3. ENTRIES IN BOTH POSTS AND PMs WILL BE ACCEPTED. Make sure you post in this thread with your entry (lol). I highly encourage PMing me a copy of your entry at the same time you post, if you post.
4. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. It's kind of annoying to check back on them and it is possible to [attempt to] cheat by doing so. If a post is edited, I won't look at it. Sorry guys. This ordeal can be avoided by PMing your entries or messaging me by other means (if you know me that well) with your entry.
5. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT AS MANY ENTRIES AS YOU'D LIKE. Doesn't mean you have a higher chance of winning. I recommend spending more time on one entry over making a million crappy entries.

NOT VERY STRICT RULES or THINGS TO CONSIDER or something

1. DON'T BE TASTELESS. Unless if you are this guy, which is highly unlikely. That means limit the amount of violence, offensive words, etc. in your entries. You can censor your entries if you really want to. If an entry is considered too offensive for the event, it will be disqualified. So I guess the limit here would be something like a picture of piles of dead people. So yeah, you can be vulgar, but not too vulgar. Because then it's just not funny. And if it's horrible enough, I will ban you from the event, but who would submit something like that?
1.5?.In addition, I also highly discourage the use of memes in this event. Doesn't mean I'll disqualify a meme-filled entry, I'll just hate it. ;(
2. FOR THE LOVE OF MOTHER RUSSIA, BE CREATIVE. This includes the little thing I said about memes. Original content is more enjoyable. :D
3. I'm kind of picky. Just putting that out there.
4. I like mustard.
5. BE CAREFUL WITH OBSCURE REFERENCES. I'll probably get that little Homestuck reference or that one TF2 joke, but don't risk adding things that I or most people won't understand unless if it actually works. And if it does, I applaud you and give you a jar of internet cookies.

NOW GOGOGO
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Last edited by Hoshika; 07-24-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: [WAR X] Humor 2011

WEEK 1 - SHIPPING/RELATIONSHIPS
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

They have to be at least remotely romantic. Got it? GOGOGO

WINNERS:
1. Pika57
2. alaskapidove

WEEK 2 - FISH/AQUATIC ANIMALS
inb4 spongebob

NOT SHARK WEEK LET'S GO

WINNERS:
1. Iso
2. Husnain

WEEK 3 - NOTHING
awwwwwwww

WINNERS:
1. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WEEK 4 - PANTS
General Pants Chat

Anything funny that has to do with pants GO.

Last edited by Hoshika; 07-17-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:03 AM
derian Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: [WAR X] Humor 2011 - SPREAD THE LOVE, AND THE MARMITE

Mustard.

My URPG Stats page! Challenge me to a battle on AIM! SN: DerianURPG
My coordinator stats!
Thanks to Feng for my banner.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Name: Shiny Jolteon
Team: Ace Trainer's Association
Entry:
Well,

Relation Ships leads to Intercourse(Trololol) and intercourse leads to AIDS being Shipped into people. Here are my thoughts: Clickeria

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 06-29-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno

Name: Xalapeno
Team: Octopus Babies
Entry: The tale of Arnold and the $69.69 he spent!

Quote:

Infomercial: Why hello there Arnold, you seem unhappy

Arnold: Jes, I am not Hoppy! It seems da relationSHEEP between my wife and I has sunk... like da Titanic!

Infomercial: Turn that frown upside down, we've got something that'll cheer you up.
For just $69.69 + shipping & handling* you can feel satisfied again!

For the price we offer, we'll hook you up with this beautiful lady!

Arnold: THOT SOUNDS TERRIFEEK!

Arnold: TO THA CHOPPA MOBILE!

Quote:
*Shipping = we ship her to you
*Handling = You do the handling

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Skull Kid Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Skull Kid Send a message via Skype™ to Skull Kid

Shipping is the art of everybody saying absolutely everything would work in a romantic pairing together. It is widely considered a stupid idea because at one point it was taken too far and someone tried to pair Titanic, a great ship, with an iceberg. The relationship crashed to a halt immediately and many shippers died from the shock.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 PM
alaskapidove Offline
Ultra RPG Official

The Top 4 Failed Celebrity Shippings

We all know that obnoxious person that will not shut up about who's wearing what and who's dating who. Whenever a celebrity couple breaks up, they act like their sister just got cancer and then was eaten by rabid sharks (sharks can get rabies, right?). Wouldn't you like something to throw in their face, to prove that those relationships are baloney from the start? Just show them this trusty guide, and they'll be reduced to a puddle of tears. Plus, who would be better to write a guide about a ton of douche bags having sex than me? You know it has to be accurate.

Spoiler:
Kevin FederlineXBritney Spears (Wifebeatershipping)

I'd say they look cute together, but this is supposed to be a well researched article, and I just can't let myself lie to my readers that way. A more accurate description would be that they look like they're at Larry the Cable Guy's bachelor party. So why did this er... lovely couple break up?

Quote:
In July 2004, Federline and Spears announced their engagement after three months of dating.
That probably wasn't a good start. While the couple apparently separated because of 'irreconcilable differences', I'm guessing the real reason has to do with the fact that they found out they were siblings after a family reunion at Jeff Foxworthy's house.

Spoiler:
Paris HiltonXEverything (Anythingthatfitsshipping)

You may remember Paris Hilton's sex tape back in 2003. Oh, who am I kidding? This is the internet, you all have it book marked. Of course, back then Paris was actually attractive. Hell, she had guys all over her all the time (and possibly a few girls.) What stopped the flow of suitors? Probably the fact that they realized she looked like the alien from Species.

Does anyone else see this? O_O

Spoiler:
Heidi MontagXSpencer Pratt (Identicalshipping)

Well, these two are so similar, a marriage between them would have to work out, right? Right!? I guess not.... The pair broke up after...irreconcilable differences, which lead to a... huge scandal, which everyone forgot about after... about a year. Wow, this seems really familiar. Almost like I just wrote an entry about this. Two entries ago. The similarities don't end there. Just like Federline and Spears, I think the real reason behind their divorce is more obvious than we think: Heidi discovered that Spencer was an exact replica of her, but with a *****.

Seriously, they're ******* creepy looking. All dead eyed... oh God.

And our #1 failed shipping is...

Spoiler:
David HasselhoffXCheeseburger (Dontletpeoplefilmyoudrunkshipping)

There are no words.

Anyways, thanks for reading. You've been a great crowd. I'm Alaskapigeon, I'm part of Team VILE, all references are located in links in their respective entries, and now I'm out. ;D
Old 07-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: [WAR X] Humor 2011 - JUST SUBMIT SOMETHING ALREADY

Today is the LAST DAY to submit entries. Just saying.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:

Old 07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
smorgasbord Offline

"Oh dear god don't make me watch it again shipping"

So this shipping is when they make a DNA creature, that Adrian Brody has sex with, and then it goes crazy, and becomes a male? And then it rapes Sarah Polley.

The result is a terrible movie ;_;
Old 07-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Hoshika Offline

JUST KIDDING YOU CAN SUBMIT IT TOMORROW. I thought today was Saturday.

Quote:

Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

NAME: Pika57
TEAM: Octopus Babies
ENTRY:

Relationships are some of the most special things in the world.

I feel that to best express the specialness of relationships, I need to tell you a story. This story began a long time ago, in a land far across the sea.

In a small cottage, located on the far side of a mountain, near a mighty river, into which an industrial plant emptied its waste, which contained large amounts of corrosive substances, most of which would be classified as acids, a child was born. This child, though initially small, would grow into a mighty lesbian, one whose cankles would envelope the very earth on which we tread.

In a similar cottage (Mail order, from Sears. You're too young to understand), located near different acids, a young lad was born, who, lets face it, may very well have actually been a lesbian, but was more noted for his inability to distinguish sexual acts from varieties of fish.

In any case, these two youth would eventually meet, in a scenario that can be best described as a clustertruck(because apparently **** is a bad word). While on a pilgrimage to a nearby religious site, the lesbian became lost among a crowd of nonbelievers (in the process of being stoned). The lesbian, unable to see the truth from the false, left that question blank, and cowered in fear (this was before her lesbian abilities were at full strength). The young lad/maybe also a lesbian somehow saw her cowering, and, fearing that the lesbian would get all emo (Emo lesbians? Ew.), rushed to her aid, only to be elbowed in the face by a passing haberdasher. The lesbian was so moved by his bold sacrifice that the lesbian rushed to his side, and from that moment, they were inseparable.

Eventually, they began to date, which given them being about seven, didn't make a whole lot of sense. Also, one of them was a lesbian, and the other was only maybe a lesbian, so this put a damper on the relationship. A lot. But they persevered, and soon, they were madly in love (or at least doing each other on a regular basis), and soon, they were to attend their first dance.

The lad (potential lesbian) tapped his peg leg impatiently, awaiting his date at the entrance to his local Wal-Mart. Glancing at his wrist watch every few minutes, he began to fear that the (mighty) lesbian may have been captured by terrorists/nuns/the Portuguese, and swiftly called the police.

The lesbian, meanwhile, was off doing another female, as lesbians commonly do. Upon being discovered by the local SWAT Team (read: drunken rednecks with guns), she was set to be hung, and was only rescued by the timely intervention of Lando Callrissian (her partner, half a clone of Marilyn Monroe, was not so lucky, and was left to fend for herself against mecha JFK).

The lad (lesbian?) was hurt by this betrayal (what?), and confronting the lesbian, explained that his feelings were badly hurt. She accused him of being a *******. He accused her of being a lesbian (duh). She accused him of eating excessive quantities of celery. He unloaded a full clip into her.

And they went to see a movie afterwards, and ended their relationship on a friendly note.

In the end, all things considered, I feel that things really could have worked out. They were so young, and so in love. And so I end this story on this note:

HKim, Neo- I don't know that you realize what you had. But one day, I truly hope that you'll understand, and that you'll be able to reconcile, and find the strength to love again.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: [WAR X] Humor 2011 - HOLY SARDINES, BATMAN

HERE IS A DETAILED ANALYSIS.

Pika57 wins first place. alaskapidove/pigeon(???) is second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derian View Post
Mustard.
oh u
0/10 for being irrelevant, GOOD WIT THOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
Name: Shiny Jolteon
Team: Ace Trainer's Association
Entry:
Well,

Relation Ships leads to Intercourse(Trololol) and intercourse leads to AIDS being Shipped into people. Here are my thoughts: Clickeria
okay this just isn't funny, it seems like you didn't try with this and oh god why is everyone going trolololo it is getting on my nerves

Why would you do this. Now I have died of an aneurysm. I am dead. I am no longer alive.

0/10 for complete unoriginality and /editing/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
Name: Xalapeno
Team: Octopus Babies
Entry: The tale of Arnold and the $69.69 he spent!

[bluh bluh]
This was pretty good. Giggled a little, forgot his *extra lover* looked like that and it caught me off-guard. A little too over the top though. ;(

6/10 for being okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Kid View Post
Shipping is the art of everybody saying absolutely everything would work in a romantic pairing together. It is widely considered a stupid idea because at one point it was taken too far and someone tried to pair Titanic, a great ship, with an iceberg. The relationship crashed to a halt immediately and many shippers died from the shock.
Maybe this theme was too hard to work with...

3/10 for lack of effort and presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskapidove View Post
The Top 4 Failed Celebrity Shippings

We all know that obnoxious person that will not shut up about who's wearing what and who's dating who. Whenever a celebrity couple breaks up, they act like their sister just got cancer and then was eaten by rabid sharks (sharks can get rabies, right?). Wouldn't you like something to throw in their face, to prove that those relationships are baloney from the start? Just show them this trusty guide, and they'll be reduced to a puddle of tears. Plus, who would be better to write a guide about a ton of douche bags having sex than me? You know it has to be accurate.

[LONG ENTRY]
Heidi only looks like that because she USED SURGERYYYYYYYYY but besides that your entry was enjoyable.

7/10 for "The Hasselhoff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorgasbord View Post
"Oh dear god don't make me watch it again shipping"

So this shipping is when they make a DNA creature, that Adrian Brody has sex with, and then it goes crazy, and becomes a male? And then it rapes Sarah Polley.

The result is a terrible movie ;_;
Same case as other entries, it lacks effort, sort of. It's a little funny, I guess. I liked when you said Adrien Brody (you spelled it wrong D:) but I dunno why.

4/10 for can't think of a number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57 View Post
NAME: Pika57
TEAM: Octopus Babies
ENTRY:

Relationships are some of the most special things in the world.

I feel that to best express the specialness of relationships, I need to tell you a story. This story began a long time ago, in a [derp]
This made me laugh. Mostly at the end. That ending was great. I ship rust x neo though ;((((((((((((

8/10 for OC!!!!!!!!!!!! and making me actually laugh

Quote:

Last edited by Hoshika; 07-02-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Hoshika Offline

WEEK 2 - FISHING/RELATIONFISH
the salmon of doubt

They have to be at least remotely aquatic. Got it? GOGOGO

just kidding, here's a clearer theme

WEEK 2 - FISH/AQUATIC ANIMALS
inb4 spongebob

NOT SHARK WEEK LET'S GO

I'll be lighter on the lack of originality here because of certain influential cartoon characters.

Quote:

Old 07-02-2011, 08:28 PM
derian Offline
New Trainer

Since this week has ended and judging has been completed, I feel it is necessary to explain my submission so it isn't
entirely ignored.
The joke of my submission involves a number of things that may have easily been overlooked. The general concept involves
how mustard is in fact the harlot of condiments, being found on burgers, sandwiches and even as a dipping sauce.
Comparing this to other similar sauces, such as horseradish (which is found in the same family as the mustard seed, if I
remember correctly), it serves a lot more purposes than these more "monogamous" sauces. The mere fact that this
ingredient has been mentioned in such an isolated setting, simply by itself, is an ironic parody of how mustard is
normally found.
Taking it further, we see that not only is mustard being used in this context, it also mirrors the problem of bias in
judging, a mock attempt at sucking up to your expressed delight at the condiment. While others may spend a lot of time
working on a general concept while taking your expressed interests into consideration, this parodies the mere idea of
basing a submission on the judge themselves rather than something more generically funny, by presenting a lazied submission
that is simply a single word that has been referenced.
Finally, the "punch line" so to speak, would be that of winning in itself. Had the submission won, the mere absurdity
of a single word such as Mustard winning would be a hilarity in its own right, overshadowing the aforementioned points.
Mustard is also a very silly word.

Congrats to the winners of the first week!

My URPG Stats page! Challenge me to a battle on AIM! SN: DerianURPG
My coordinator stats!
Thanks to Feng for my banner.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 AM
alaskapidove Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by derian View Post
Mustard.
Okay. I don't mean to interrupt ya'll and I'ma let you finish, but Derian had the best entry OF ALL TIME.

Spoiler:
I'm kidding, I just really wanted to make this joke. :3