Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Pe2k as you remember it

Oh my god, the people claiming recolors...IDIOTO

Sure, you could claim a pallet, but someone else using your pallet without permission isn't a big deal as long as they don't steal your damn sprite.

Oh, and Pe2k didn't make me want to leave.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Giratina Offline

Back in the day, I account hopped mercilessly because I wanted a new username, and there was no Username Change Marathon to speak of.

Yup.

Also, I wrote really lame fanfiction and could still sprite, but at a considerably lower level than I can now. I loved Arkeis art. My usernames were all adjectives before or after Pokémon names; my most recent was Ninja Ralts, which obviously turned into Giratina.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 06-22-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

At the beginning of my time here in PE2K, it was the night before Christmas, 2006. I was an English kid living in a foriegn country, and having despite being there for years, I still didn't have a grasp on the language there, leading to life being lonely over there. When I found out about the internet, I lurked many boards, and PE2K was one of them, dating back to the old board days. I never joined. I was afraid on what people would think about me. As said before, I didn't have a grasp on Turkish, and probably never will, as learning English was hard enough as it is. I read RP's, lurked the fanfictions, laughed at peoples conversations in the Daily Chit Chat, and learned about what they're saying. Quite frankly, this place taught me better English. And after a good few years, I decided: I have to get in on this and create my own memories. And so, one sign up as stardyab later, I was in.

I was always a noob. People claim to themselves that they're were giant noobs, well they haven't seen anything until they know what I was up to. My original homebase was the sprite section, where I got off to a... slow start, admittedly. Things such as thread revivals and constantly spamming my own sprite shop with bumps for requests, all while not filling in the requests I already had, using MS Paint for my super amazing banners that I created. Hell, I created a Piczo site to host my things such as signatures and sprites. Don't believe me? It's still up, go have a look around. In the end of my time there, I left with two things.

A) The ability to sprite.
B) My first few friends. And flamewar. Which I felt really bad about and sent apologies to the guy for a week.

I later decided to expand my base of operations to other boards, such as the Pokémon boards and the Other Chat boards. Over that time, I encountered everything from a dead body spammer who I got into a flame war over PM with, more than likely somebody from 4chan who thought they were cool and hip for trolling a Pokémon forum, to seeing people not even know who I was and really putting a damper on my ego (DUDES, I HAVE OVER 1000 POSTS I THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HERE). I tried to get in on activities and stuff as well, such as the Pokémon farm thing were every time you post, its a step, and eventually you get Pokémon from it to add to your stats that are really for nothing but show. I believe that was called the VPP, not entirely sure. Don't come on here as often as I use to. I also signed up for the URPG at least seventeen times, with Poliwags and Magikarps usually, and once an Elekid, but due to the massive time zone difference meaning if I wanted to go on AIM I'd have to stay up till 3AM and the lack of love for the forum battles at the time (or overstock. It was lack of love or overstock, can't remember which, possibly both), I couldn't do much, and one of the biggest things I hated was always missing the Pikachu Survivor Game. Once again though, despite all of this, met some cool people, and began to expand to other forums that I found out through others. However the cool people I met before were starting to leave and fade thin, and I regret never asking for their e-mail addresses. Was waaay to shy. Despite it being the internet. Pretty sad in retrospect, lol.

The greatest thing that ever happened to me on this site, admittedly, was the discovery of this thread though. As a lifetime fan of the sport, I had nobody to chat about it with who weren't total dicks about it, and so seeing not only a thread about it on here that was highly active, but a stickied one filled with nice people who don't complain about everything on the board I frequented most was like hitting the jackpot for me. I sadly did not join earlier and get in on all the action featuring the person with the Petey Williams signature and avatar who seemed like they would have been fun to talk to, however still, some amazing people went in there and we all talked about what we liked. Sadly, more and more of my time went towards being the number one in that thread (and it worked, 620 posts and counting. Should have let it die with me on 619, really, but I'm going to work on getting it to stick around.), and I started to neglect everywhere else. By this point, still didn't have a proper grasp on the English language, my friends started to leave and once again, I lost contact with some fantastic people.

After a while, the wrestling thread started to die down and I really wanted to be known outside of the place due to the giant ego that I actually have. (Seriously, remember to praise me after this post, it would make my day.) Yes, that was a joke., and so I gate crashed on everything and everyone, not only ruining some perfectly good conversations with a "sup guys", but also annoying the ever loving **** out of everyone in an attempt to get into a, for lack of better term, a kliq. I wish I could remember more right now, but really, the only one I honestly can at quarter to one in the morning is this place right here, which, if you're far to lazy to click it, is the Metal club. Oh man, I wanted in that place so badly, and actually got into the club but apparently that didn't count. Oh well, either way I annoyed them for a good year or so, before eventually giving up. Sorry about that gang. The conversations you invited me into regardless were great fun, and I hope to talk to you all again sometime.

After the little escapade to get accepted into every group out there and made MOTY in every catagory, I began to quiet down again and just posted around when it felt right. Despite still being a fan of the series, my Pokémon love is starting to die down, and you'll essentially never see me in those boards anymore. I've not sprited in years now, and I only make a banner when I'm bored and I legitimately need one for whatever reason. I did try and get back into it, but failed to read the new rules of it and somehow didn't get warned for it. In fact, during my entire time on PE2K, I was never once banned nor even warned for whatever stupid stuff I did. Thanks for that, my mod friends. But anyway, back on the subject, you only ever saw me in three boards after that. Other Entertainment/Sports; Other: Video Games and Other: Chat. Moreso the first two than the other two. Talked to some really cool people and had some great laughs on some video games, the most recent of which being League of Legends. Sorry for just ditching that game altogether guys, I'll be back on at another point in time to play with you, because I still really love the game, I've just been playing everything else over it. Although you'll need to give me a recap of the past four months or so because I've only just found out that they buffed Alistar.

But yeah, anyway, I can't really remember much else. But this place helped me through a time I was lonely in, and helped me go from "zOmg caek is lie xD xD xD xD xD bump" to the person that I am today. Just have a week left on my first year in college, and life has never been greater, although if I could lose some weight to go with it that would be swell, but details, details. More appreciative of what I have instead of wanting more, and would like to thank PE2K for everything that its done for me. All my friends, you know who you guys and gals are. I apologize if I've ever acted dickish to you in the past few months or have neglected to talk to you all.

Damn, I went from a planned paragraph to writing about everything I ever did on this site. Still though, that was a great nostalgia blast, and I guess thats what this thread is about, right?

Hope you enjoyed reading the thoughts of a 5000+ posts poster who really hasn't done anything notable in the entire time he's been on PE2K, but has loved every second of it.

Stardy = awesome
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Who remembers this thread? :)

You know you're old if you were here when that was still around. xD

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

The General Spriter's Showcase had ssssssssooooooooo many pages, I thought it was completely unbelievable. XD

It also has probably one of the most active showcases I've seen. xD

Pikablu Pie's shop was ALWAYS OPEN AND ACTIVE. XD It was always ending up in the first page, while other shops were a whole page or two behind. xD

You were lucky to see Ryan on pe2k.

The mod and global mods have darker names. (The color of the user titles were the username colors)

Yeah, claiming recolors didn't really happen. -..-; There's was a ton of ideas popping up, though.

Lugia_Lover9 x The Jr Trainer. I actually remember than from the DCC they posted in. It was cute. =x She was also one of the best sprite artists I've ever seen. She's still a very amazing artist. ^..^

I made lots of grammar and spelling mistakes. (I still do, but it's not as bad)

There wasn't a flood of orange names. I just remember that. There was maybe once or twice I ever say an orange name.

The Art baords were the only places I posted and hung out. XDD

If you made a Region project, lots of people would make a whole site. My favorite was from LL_9. c: Once Region and Comic threads came up, it would be trending for awhile. XD
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
Who remembers this thread? :)

You know you're old if you were here when that was still around. xD

Oh man, I was looking for that thread!

We really need to bring that back. I should go and revive it so people can see how we did it, old-school style.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Oh man, I was looking for that thread!

We really need to bring that back. I should go and revive it so people can see how we did it, old-school style.
I CONCUR WITH THIS. YEEEES.

That thread was the reason I was even active in the URPG, 'cause it was there in those boards and it reminded me about my stats and whatnot. xD

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |