Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default .;The NEW Academy of Sprite/Pixel Art ;. - [Sign up to improve or teach now!]

- The NEW Academy of Sprite/Pixel Art -
Credit to Phantasm.Angel for this cool idea!
If you want to know where the old thread is for any reason, it's here.

Welcome to the Academy of Sprite/Pixel Art, where you can learn and teach all about sprite/pixel art!

Group sessions will also start running as of December 11th, and they can be found in the non-sticky area of the Sprite Art section. Each thread will be about a different type of spriting, and will likely run for a short span of time before the next thread is created, and a new topic is formed. Teachers and apprentices can find out more about group sessions once I get the thread up. xD

Rules
  • All standard PE2K rules apply.
  • No spamming, flaming or cursing. You know the consequences.
  • Use this thread for discussion, questions and to sign up.
  • You can EITHER be a teacher OR an apprentice. You can't be both. If you're struggling to decide which one, PM a mod to get their opinion.
  • Teachers may have a limit of 5 apprentices at one time.
  • Apprentices may have one teacher only at one time.
  • Please use the forms to sign up.

What is it?
The Academy of Sprite/Pixel Art is a special program run for those who wish to learn about sprite and pixel art, and those who desire to teach others. A great way to improve your pixel skills is through one-on-one tutoring from appropriate members who are able to pass on their knowledge of sprite and pixel art, and through our teacher/apprentice system, this will be possible for anyone who wants to either learn or teach.
Teachers:
These are the people that are going to help the apprentices learn. Remember that 'teacher' is simply a label, and does not give you the authority to control your apprentices in any unnecessary way. This is a place of learning and to work with others. Constant communication is vital. This includes letting an apprentice know if you are going to be absent for a period of time, and letting them know when you would like tasks completed. Make sure you give constant critique and comments; be fair with your critiquing and ensure that you point out the good things as well as what needs improvement. Your job is to teach and inform, and watch them grow in their own way and at their own pace. Do not become a teacher if you are not frequently active. Please use the forms to sign up.

Apprentices:
Apprentices are expected to listen to their teachers in terms of comments and critique, and following their recommendations is definitely a smart thing to do. You are not obliged to obey them if they are rude or anything like that, and they certainly aren't allowed to control you. Don't be afraid to ask your teacher for any kind of help during an "assignment", because they are there to help you. An apprentice only means that you would like to learn more, whether it be five different things, or just one. Remember, teachers are allowed to reject an apprentice for any reason (such as wanting only to teach two, for instance), and this only means you should find another teacher. Please use the forms to sign up.

Think of it as a partnership. :]
Apprentice: Well, what can I learn?
You can request to learn whatever you like in order to improve on those certain qualities you're unsure about, or simply would like to learn more of. You will fill out a form and will be added to the list of members who wish to learn as opposed to teach, and a link to your post will be added so that your teacher will know what you want to learn. The teachers will subsequently fill out a similar form mentioning what they can and will teach.
Apprentice: How can I get a teacher?
Teachers and apprentices can request one another and it's pretty much up to you who you want as your teacher or apprentice. You can either request a teacher/apprentice in this thread or discuss it with them elsewhere; it doesn't matter. Once you have a teacher, it is advised that you double check what you want to learn and you can discuss how the teaching will work.
Teacher: How many apprentices can I have?
It is recommended that you have 3-5 apprentices, and 5 is the limit. Having more that 5 will be too much of a handful and it will be unnecessary anyway if there are many teachers to teach apprentices.

Lessons, Tutorials and Trial Runs:

A recommended "lesson" would be to first discuss what your apprentice(s) wants to learn. Next, providing one or more tutorials for said apprentice(s) (which don't have to be done by you) is a good idea to help your apprentice(s) to understand what the process of developing that kind of sprite is like. Then the teacher may want to set a task or so for their apprentice(s) which the apprentice(s) can then go and complete, and send to their teacher for comments and constructive criticism. From there the teacher is recommended to continue to build up skills with their apprentice(s) before moving onto another subject/type of sprite.

WARNINGS
1.) If a teacher is bullying you in a matter, report to Graceful_Suicune, Anastasia-R or Kumori Gem.

Teachers
1 report = Teacher loses apprentice(s)
2 reports = Teacher loses (new) apprentice(s) and can not ask for a new one for a week.
3 reports = You are no longer a teacher, and can not sign up to be one any longer.

Apprentice
1 report = Apprentice loses teacher.
2 reports = Apprentice loses (new) teacher and can not ask for a new one for a week.
3 reports = You're no longer an apprentice, and can not sign up to be one anymore.

What will get you immediately kicked out
1) Stealing work, from each or just in general, is bad. x..x Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
2) Not helping at all with each other or getting along at all.

You can sign up and discuss in this thread, but keep the chat to the point – we don’t want needless chatter.

Golden rule: Remember to communicate and have fun!

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-11-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: .;The NEW Academy of Sprite/Pixel Art ;. - [Sign up to improve or teach now!]

Quote:
Forms:

Name: (What you want your teacher to call you, or just your username)
Teacher or apprentice:
What you want to learn/what you can teach: (choose depending on if you want to be a teacher or apprentice)
How long you've been spriting:
How you can be contacted:
How often you are available:

Teachers:
Cheerful Cherubi
Pokeboy sarab
Mawile rocks - I AM ERROR (pending)
Velocity - Mizuki Emi
Moonkit - Path of Destruction (pending)
Dino
Gelatini Jejunator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apprentices:
Pokemon of Destruction - Moonkit (pending)
Foxamivalth
Giant Golurk
White Wolf of the Snow
SLC
pamplemousse
I AM ERROR - Mawile rocks (pending)
Elecii
Mizuki Emi - Velocity
Face
Emily Beans
sealboyno1
Technology
zekrom762000
Mewthree56
twistedspoon
SammyTheKidney
Pichu1
Axium

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-11-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Default Re: .;The NEW Academy of Sprite/Pixel Art ;. - [Sign up to improve or teach now!]

I'd like to teach, if you think I'm good enough.. xD

EDIT: Fine.. I'll use your forms..

Name: (What you want your teacher to call you, or just your username) Phibb2, or Kyle, whatever.
Teacher or apprentice: teacher!
What you want to learn/what you can teach: (choose depending on if you want to be a teacher or apprentice) Fusions, Chaos, Recolors, Trophies, Substitutes, Glitches, Eggs, Pokéballs, Infernoes, other stuff in my shop..
How long you've been spriting: 4 months? I think? It was a little while before I joined. So yeah, about 4 months.
How you can be contacted: PM, VM, my various threads, E-mail (to be given over PM)
How often you are available: A lot. I'm on here about every hour, every day.

Signature made by Foxamivalth!

Last edited by Cheerful Cherubi; 06-23-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Forms...
Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibb2 View Post
I'd like to teach, if you think I'm good enough.. xD
It depends what you'd like to teach. o: I think you're good enough to teach some things, but others, such as your revamps, need a bit of improvement. But for now, you can teach. :] I added forms, so it'd be good if you used them. ^^

~GS.

EDIT:

Name: Grace
Teacher or apprentice: Teacher
What you can teach: Fusions, retypes, revamps, shade edits, recolours, disguises, 'la' sprites, scratches, reposes, eggs, etc. I'll add more if need be.
How long you've been spriting: Since 2007.
How you can be contacted: AIM, MSN, Skype, Facebook, Pe2k, DeviantART.
How often you are available: Very often. Most hours that I'm not sleeping.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-11-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Name: Sarab
What you want to learn/what you can teach: Eggs, Pokemorphs, fusions, recolors, revamps, devamps
How long you've been spriting: Since a year called 2006
How you can be contacted: google talk, facebook, pe2k
How often you are available: Atleast 2 hours in a day.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Both accepted. ^^

Now we just need to get in some apprentices! :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Name: PoD (Pokemon of Destruction)
Teacher or apprentice: Apprentice
What you want to learn: Trainer sprite (both pokemon trainer splices and combining trainers.) Shading, Fakemon and I would like to get better at siamese, devamps/revamps and retypes.
How long you've been spriting: a few years but mainly doing fusions
How you can be contacted: On PE2K or when I get a teacher I'll pm him my email.
How often you are available: I check PE2K couple of times a day so some of the day but most times I have school.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Name: Fox
Teacher or apprentice: apprentice
What you want to learn: Fusions (trainer and pokemon), retypes,
revamps, shade edits, recolours, disguises, 'la'
sprites, reposes.
How long you've been spriting: beginning of 2011 :3
How you can be contacted: MSN, Facebook, Pe2k.
How often you are available: Very often for these 2 following months.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Both accepted! 8D I'm glad we're getting applicants so fast. :3 You can start asking people to be your teacher/apprentice if you like!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Name: Mawile
What you want to learn/what you can teach: Eggs, Fusions, Pokéballs, Recolors, SIMPLE isometric stuff
How long you've been spriting: Since 2008
How you can be contacted: Pe2k
How often you are available: 4 or 5 hours a day.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Name: Velocity
Teacher or apprentice: I think I can b teachin.
What you want to learn/what you can teach: Let's see...
Scratches, fusions, revamps, retypes, shading, misc. edits, chaos, kirbies, Trainer Cards, infernos, recolors, eggs, Pokeballs...
A lot of stuff; y'see...
I'M A JANE OF ALL TRADES!
How long you've been spriting: Ohgosh.
Since, like '08?
How you can be contacted: VM or PM!
(Plus I can give you my email)
How often you are available: Pretty much every day.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 06-23-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Giant Golurk Offline

Name: Golurk
Teacher or apprentice: Apprentice
What you want to learn/what you can teach: I wanna do better fusions , devamps , and chaos .
How long you've been spriting: 2 weeks -.-
How you can be contacted: PM for now .
How often you are available: Everyday of the week :D
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I'm going without the form, sorry, but I'll still state everything that is within the form (If I really need the form, its in a spoiler at the bottom)

Hi, I'm Moonkit, but you may call me Moon or Tokyo. I think I am worthy of being a teacher in spriting. I can teach people how to splice with more than 3 Pokemon, how to recolor, do Infernos/Pillow shades, hologramify Pokemon, retype, Trainer Cards, Disquise (To an extent), and how to reverse color. I have been spriting since about October 08. I can be contacted on Facebook, AIM, on here (Pe2k) via PM, or sometimes Skype. I can be contacted any time between 7:30 AM and 9:00 PM PST on sundays/saturdays/summer days, and from 3:00 PM to 8:30 PM Pst on weekdays starting September first.

Spoiler:
Name: Moon or Tokyo
What you can teach: Fusions (4+ Pokemon), Recolors, Trainer cards, Holograms, Infernos, Pillow Shades, Retypes, Disquises (To an extent), Pokemorphs (To an extent), Reverce colors, Glitches.
How long you've been spriting: Since about October '08
How you can be contacted: FaceBook, AIM, Pe2k-PM, SOMETIMES Skype.
From 7:30 AM-9:00 PM Pst.

Last edited by MoonKit; 06-23-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

I'd like to ask Grace as my teacher,please
Since I can easily contacted via MSN
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Name:
White Wolf of the Snow/Vanessa

Teacher or apprentice:
Apprentice

What you want to learn/what you can teach:
Anything I can. I want to improve and learn how to do fusions and overshadows, too, since they're cool. Never tried fusions, but might as well learn them. I know how to recolor and such, with color towers.

How long you've been spriting:
Not very long, used to recolor and add armor to sprites in my free time.

How you can be contacted:
PE2K, PokeFarm (under the username Starsight). Most common things.

How often you are available:
Anytime, almost. Sometimes I'm gone for most of the day, for about two or three days a week, but other than that, I'm great at anytime!
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."