Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with PE2K's new re-organisation of boards?
Yes 32 47.06%
No 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

I couldn't find anywhere else to put a poll. D:

Anyway, if you're not aware by now, PE2K has had a massive re-organisation of boards, with some sections being added / removed. This has sparked controversy amongst some.

Are you happy with this new change? The poll is in private, so don't be afraid to vote, but also feel free to share your opinion.

As for me, I'm fairly neutral on the subject, but I do admit the decision did seem kind of rushed, and I understand why people may be angry.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

I'm not really happy that the only RPG I can participate in, the ASB, got shoved in with everything else.

On the other hand, apart from that and the whole RP Sign-ups nonsense, it is a lot neater.

I don't feel that there was a lot of member input (or time for it, as you said, Gelatini) so I'm kind of annoyed about that.

W/e. I'm not voting because there's literally two sections of the forum that I ever really use, so I can't judge.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I'm not really happy that the only RPG I can participate in, the ASB, got shoved in with everything else.

On the other hand, apart from that and the whole RP Sign-ups nonsense, it is a lot neater.

I don't feel that there was a lot of member input (or time for it, as you said, Gelatini) so I'm kind of annoyed about that.

W/e. I'm not voting because there's literally two sections of the forum that I ever really use, so I can't judge.
I think you and I are in the same boat in the fact that we don't necessarily use the most active parts of the forum (I mainly lurk around the Pokemon Game sections and the Spriting area). The most active parts seem to be the Groups, Other Chat and those areas. One thing that I did notice was that the Creative Dex was made a subforum, whereas I think it should go in its own board for more notice. I can just see it being another 'PE2K Skins Workshop' this way; it'll get some entries for a while, but eventually it'll die due to lack of notice/interest, which we can increase by actually making it a more noticeable board altogether.

Eh.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

I personally don't like the changes. It was so sudden and out of the blue. I mean, most of the board I don't use, but the ones I am active in were changed. I agree with Velocity about how the ASB was put into a board with the URPG and the Online League. It just seemed more organized with them in their own separate boards.

Also, I don't like how the Role Play boards was changed. It now seems way to unorganized without the Sign Up section as well as the Other section taken out. I can see why the Other section was taken out to have all the RPs put on the same board, but I don't see why the SU section was removed. That just makes things more difficult in my point of view.

I'm not sure how others feel about the subject, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on it. I'm not yet sure if I'm angry, upset, or whatever about it. I guess I'm still in shock with the sudden change.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Moving this to the PE2K Front Desk where all feedback should go =)

There was a thread made in the announcements forum about the changes where people were welcome to comment before anything was implemented but obviously a lot of people didn't check it. xD While it may seem rushed to you guys, the forum staff has been working on this for months and every decision was carefully considered and discussed.

Hopefully you all understand that we don't have the activity to have so many separate boards. A lot of the changes have just been reverting boards back to how they used to be before extra boards were added when we were more active. So while we will not be putting the forum back exactly how it was due to the amount of inactive boards, if you have concerns about a SPECIFIC change then we can definitely compromise if need be. =) I didn't like the changes at first either, but right now we honestly just don't have the activity to sustain the forum as it was.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Moving this to the PE2K Front Desk where all feedback should go =)

There was a thread made in the announcements forum about the changes where people were welcome to comment before anything was implemented but obviously a lot of people didn't check it. xD While it may seem rushed to you guys, the forum staff has been working on this for months and every decision was carefully considered and discussed.

Hopefully you all understand that we don't have the activity to have so many separate boards. A lot of the changes have just been reverting boards back to how they used to be before extra boards were added when we were more active. So while we will not be putting the forum back exactly how it was due to the amount of inactive boards, if you have concerns about a SPECIFIC change then we can definitely compromise if need be. =) I didn't like the changes at first either, but right now we honestly just don't have the activity to sustain the forum as it was.
When you put it like that, then it's more understandable why the changes were made. I mainly speak for myself here when I say I usually don't check the announcements, so I was totally unaware of any changes being discussed. I guess I need to start checking that more often. I think the combination of the URPG, ASB, and Online League will be something that can easily gotten used to. It was just a total shock this morning when I signed on and a lot was different.

But for the RP board, I believe I'm going to have a major difficulty getting used to there not being a SU section now. It just seems so unorganized with that combined with the part of that board where the RPs are. I was wanting to again try to be an active member in RPs and either join one that's up or start a new one, I went to look at the SUs and saw that the section was taken out. I'm just not sure if that was a good decision or not to combine the two sections since it could cause a bit of frustration for those looking to join a RP but have to look through the board to try to find the SUs mixed with the RPs themselve.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
When you put it like that, then it's more understandable why the changes were made. I mainly speak for myself here when I say I usually don't check the announcements, so I was totally unaware of any changes being discussed. I guess I need to start checking that more often. I think the combination of the URPG, ASB, and Online League will be something that can easily gotten used to. It was just a total shock this morning when I signed on and a lot was different.

But for the RP board, I believe I'm going to have a major difficulty getting used to there not being a SU section now. It just seems so unorganized with that combined with the part of that board where the RPs are. I was wanting to again try to be an active member in RPs and either join one that's up or start a new one, I went to look at the SUs and saw that the section was taken out. I'm just not sure if that was a good decision or not to combine the two sections since it could cause a bit of frustration for those looking to join a RP but have to look through the board to try to find the SUs mixed with the RPs themselve.
Well Harry suggested in the other thread that maybe Roleplay Discussion could be made Roleplay Discussion and Sign Ups. Then people could sign up in there, and once the RP starts, they can use the thread for discussion. Does that sound like a good idea?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
User feedback's telling us that a signups + discussion all in one forum (i.e. the thread is first used for sign ups, then for discussion) would probably be the way we'll go. Unfortunately, this does mean that there will be short-term "turmoil" that can't be avoided.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Well Harry suggested in the other thread that maybe Roleplay Discussion could be made Roleplay Discussion and Sign Ups. Then people could sign up in there, and once the RP starts, they can use the thread for discussion. Does that sound like a good idea?
Hmm... That doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. In my experience, a lot of questions were asked in the SU thread even with a DS thread up, so just combining the two in the RP Discussion board sounds like a better alternative. It just looked really cluttered with all of the SU threads moved to the RP board instead of moved to the DS thread I guess, but if people take that suggestion and combine the two threads in the DS section, then it will eventually become uncluttered. I guess that either way the changes are just something that needs to be gotten used to.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
User feedback's telling us that a signups + discussion all in one forum (i.e. the thread is first used for sign ups, then for discussion) would probably be the way we'll go. Unfortunately, this does mean that there will be short-term "turmoil" that can't be avoided.
Of course there will be some problems with the changes at first, but it's just something to get used to. Now that I've had time to think it over, it should be fine after everyone gets over the shock they might have experienced and time to get used to the combining of boards and what not.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 06-21-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

It's difficult to know whether or not it's just members being unreasonable due to the shock or it's something legitimate, so figuring that out is also part of our job. Some of the stuff that people have said we've already shot down because it was simply not a good idea.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Doodlebop Offline

I just popped on and was like uhh, what happened to everything?

I haven't really gotten a chance to look over it yet. But it looks fine.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:

I know, but it seems to me that none of the comments about how the URPG, ASB, and POL should stay separate were taken into consideration or seriously. :/ I scrolled down and it's WAY to squished... You can't even click on the Gym/Tournaments or Trainer Stats sub-forum directly--you have to click 'Battles' or 'Headquarters', THEN click the sub-forum, which will, imo, cause them to be ignored/forgotten.

Also, I consider myself as a Staff Member--of sorts--and the redesign was NEVER brought to my attention until a thread was posted about it a couple days ago. I think that if you are going to change how something looks, you should ask the Mods and Officials of that section for their opinion, since they know what's best (or at lest I hope that they would).

I have no comment on the RP issue, but it seems that whoever decided the new lay-out idea wanted PE2K to seems as small as possible, which may make it seems that there isn't much to do to a newcomer. Those are my thoughts--or whatever I can think of off the top of my head. I trust that you had the members of PE2K's best interest at heart, but I think this rearrangement did more harm than good.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I think the RP boards should have the SU subforum, it makes it more organized.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 06-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

I liked the way the RP area used to be set out. It looks so unorganised and confusing the way it is now. Plus the sign-ups would end up dropping pack several pages with new rps being made and so on, and thus some roleplays wouldn't get new members and stuff...

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
I like this. It's a much better proposal then what we have now. I noticed that sometimes, discussions would break out in the SU thread anyway. Also, it would force new members to read a little bit of what's been discused, so they wouldn't repeat an already answered question and stuff. The RP creator would just have to be a little more organised, maybe linking all the SU in the first or second post for easy referance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I think it's a fair compromise. ^^

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }