Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: PE2K Spring Cleaning

I liked the way the Roleplay area had been set out, with the Pokemon roleplays in one place, the Miscellaneous Roleplays in another, and signups all together... Now it's just gonna be confusing as hell, especially to follow the Sign-up thread if it drops back a couple of pages...

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Um, what happened to the sign-up section in the Roleplay Boards!? WHO DELETED THAT!

Listen, that section is needed in the worst way. Without a specific section for it, I find it very likely that the new people to that section will think that Sign Ups aren't necessary since there is no section for them. Ensues a flood of noob RPs.

I want the section back, and I feel many will agree with me. If that section isn't back, I'm bringing my combustible lemons and burning PE2K headquarters down. With the lemons.

Nuff said.

(Actually, I won't burn PE2K headquarters down. But I want the SU section back NAO.)
THIS.
Oh, my gosh, NES2, you play Portal 2!?
-cough-

I seriously agree with the lack of a sign-up section being an awful idea. Is there anything you guys can do to bring it back? The SUs being in with the actual RP threads makes it icky and cluttered.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses

No Sign Up section in the RP section is a horrible idea. Trust me, I've been to a forum that tried it. Nobody actually used SUs for their RPs and everybody was angry at each other for either not being good enough or being too good. I request that you fix this.

Signature made by Charmander009!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

This ought to be made into a major announcement. You know, the kind that appears at the top of every board for a while. I don't think a whole lot of people even visit this section very much and it might be cleaner to keep all the complaints and whatnot in this thread, but that might not be possible lol.

Also there should be a TCG board (and if you don't agree, make one to try it out?), because I am pretty sure there are some competitive TCGers and/or collectors out there, like myself. Then again there's not too much to really talk about other than the tournaments coming up and what cards a person has. Let's not forget though, that an online version will be coming out sometime in the fall. :)

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |

Last edited by Jessu; 06-20-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
The SUs being in with the actual RP threads makes it icky and cluttered.
I agree, the seperation made it much, much easier to keep track of new SUs and actual RPs themselves. On top of the points others have raised. Apart from that, the change is generally good. ^^

But really, PLEASE put the SU section back.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
I agree, the seperation made it much, much easier to keep track of new SUs and actual RPs themselves. On top of the points others have raised. Apart from that, the change is generally good. ^^

But really, PLEASE put the SU section back.
Same thing with Other and Pokemon relataed Fan Fics. It is hard to keep track of them, as all of them are updated constantly. It is annoying. It is MORE cluttered than it was before, thread-wise. The forum looks nice, but maybe add some SUB threads like before.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:57 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way. Only 3 or 4 people disagreed with the new organisation of the RPG boards, which isn't much considering the amount of people that use the forum.

I'm aware a lot of people may not have checked this thread and would therefore not know what was happening, but now that the boards have been rearranged everyone will be able to tell whether they prefer the new organisation or not. If you really disagree with the new organisation feel free to make a new thread in this board listing your concerns. If its clear that a large amount of users prefer the forums to be spread out, then we can always change things back or rearrange things further. =)
You can't really say "out of the whole forum", because the whole forum hasn't actually expressed their views. I just counted, and as long as my maths hasn't failed me, 7/11 people said they thought the RPGs should've stayed separate.

I still don't get WHY you think they should be together in the first place. To me, this just has influence from BMGf written all over it.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

On paper this looked good, but now that I look it, it does look kind of cluttered. I think a poll system like we did with the user images would have been good for this. In fact, this gives me an idea.

EDIT: Voice your opinion here:

Poll.

Last edited by Etymology; 06-20-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:31 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

If we were to go by math alone, the RPG's combined only make up less than 8 percent of forum activity. Even the URPG, the most active of the three, hits only 5 percent of total PE2K activity.

With the new structure, if all four (and I do mean four, there is one RPG in development) were allowed to extend completely, they would take up 50 percent of the forum's space.

Is it fair to the other sections on the forum to give the RPG's more space even though they contribute less activity?

In regards to the Sign-Up Board, it should be noted that PE2K didn't originally have one (for many years) and was perfectly fine with the format of having people sign up in the initial thread and then beginning the roleplay. As an avid roleplayer that experienced both systems, I don't feel the separate section made that much of a difference. We might consider returning the SU board. What about combining SU and Discussion? Once the RP gets going, the SU thread becomes the place where people can discuss things OOC.

We combined Fan Fiction, Other Fan Fiction, and Mixed Writing together given how... inactive the three sections are. Even combined, you can see the section's first page still has threads that haven't been updated in more than a month. There is not enough activity in any of the three alone to justify keeping them separate.

The TCG section was one of the few merged boards that we had considered keeping because of the upcoming TCG Online system. The problem is, it didn't really have much activity. There were times when the board would go for a month or longer without anyone posting in it. Without any demand for the board, there really isn't a reason to keep it, but I definitely think we would bring it back if there was enough interest come the release of the TCG Online system multiplayer.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 06-20-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
In regards to the Sign-Up Board, it should be noted that PE2K didn't originally have one (for many years) and was perfectly fine with the format of having people sign up in the initial thread and then beginning the roleplay. As an avid roleplayer that experienced both systems, I don't feel the separate section made that much of a difference. We might consider returning the SU board. What about combining SU and Discussion? Once the RP gets going, the SU thread becomes the place where people can discuss things OOC.
I like the bold'd part.
I like it!

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
If we were to go by math alone, the RPG's combined only make up less than 8 percent of forum activity. Even the URPG, the most active of the three, hits only 5 percent of total PE2K activity.

With the new structure, if all four (and I do mean four, there is one RPG in development) were allowed to extend completely, they would take up 50 percent of the forum's space.

Is it fair to the other sections on the forum to give the RPG's more space even though they contribute less activity?

We combined Fan Fiction, Other Fan Fiction, and Mixed Writing together given how... inactive the three sections are. Even combined, you can see the section's first page still has threads that haven't been updated in more than a month. There is not enough activity in any of the three alone to justify keeping them separate.

The TCG section was one of the few merged boards that we had considered keeping because of the upcoming TCG Online system. The problem is, it didn't really have much activity. There were times when the board would go for a month or longer without anyone posting in it. Without any demand for the board, there really isn't a reason to keep it, but I definitely think we would bring it back if there was enough interest come the release of the TCG Online system multiplayer.
*Shawn Connery*

Yesh, but that doesh not deny the fact that it shtill looksh cluttered, and it wash unneeded.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Obviously there are still some sections that needed to be cleaned up since stickies were not merged. That will require mod oversight.

As for the need, let's face it, we are at our lowest activity point since I joined back in 2003. I've been tracking the statistics and things just aren't looking good. We don't have the numbers to maintain the number of boards we used to have and everything looked inactive.

People would look at our forum and see that boards weren't updated at all. And that discourages them from joining. Better to have a few active boards than many inactive ones.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 06-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
NES2 Offline

Merging SU and Discussion is OK by me. GTS+ used that format, so I could live with that. SU threads being in the RP section sucks though. So cluttered and full of identical names (After all, most people title threads the same, with an [SU] or [RP] mark coming after the name).
Old 06-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
You can't really say "out of the whole forum", because the whole forum hasn't actually expressed their views. I just counted, and as long as my maths hasn't failed me, 7/11 people said they thought the RPGs should've stayed separate.

I still don't get WHY you think they should be together in the first place. To me, this just has influence from BMGf written all over it.
Uh that's exactly what I just said? o.O Not everyone may have seen this thread but now that we've changed the boards, everyone will notice and be able to express their opinions? In which case, changes may be made? I never said anything about "out of the whole forum".

I have nothing to do with the RPGs and putting them together was nothing to do with me. I'm just saying that it's a bit rich to start saying we don't listen to anyone because of one decision which we specifically posted here for feedback and are not opposed to altering in the future if a large enough amount of users agree that it should be changed back. =/
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Um, what happened to the sign-up section in the Roleplay Boards!? WHO DELETED THAT!

Listen, that section is needed in the worst way. Without a specific section for it, I find it very likely that the new people to that section will think that Sign Ups aren't necessary since there is no section for them. Ensues a flood of noob RPs.

I want the section back, and I feel many will agree with me. If that section isn't back, I'm bringing my combustible lemons and burning PE2K headquarters down. With the lemons.

Nuff said.

(Actually, I won't burn PE2K headquarters down. But I want the SU section back NAO.)
High horse. Off. Now.

Edit: The idea of sign ups merging with discussion I think works. However, to say that we need a separate sign ups forum in the first place is ludicrous at best.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 06-20-2011 at 11:40 PM.