Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: Pe2k as you remember it

- I didn't have a color/font thing to every post.

- I wasn't known as Kat yet.

- I thought becoming a moderator would be the most awesome thing ever.

- The blue of the global moderators was slightly different and a bit more pleasing to the eye.

- Scott had that avatar of Emma Watson.

- The grades in the URPG weren't all that stellar.

- There weren't innuendos and references of "high as a kite" in posts.

- There were more readers in the Fan-Fiction section.

- Bryce was BryceBoy10 and Stinky was Canus Lupus.

- ... Bryce was actually here.

I think that's about it.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 06-08-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

Remember when the DCC was so active (and interesting), you could refresh the page a few minutes after posting and find multiple responses?

Yeah...
Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 AM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Alright, a quick reminiscent post.

I used to know people by their first names. Now I don't know them even by their usernames. I guess I could've been a bit more active during the last couple years, seeing as how I've been online of the forums like once a year. Now it seems like the people who I used to know have gone, just like me, and the new people are like 'who is this guy anyways?

Back when I was active in the URPG I think FFAs were just entering the ring. I had a blast in quite a few of those. I used to be a gym leader of some water gym. Sootopolis? I also recall holding the record for the longest URPG story for a while, which actually made me proud at that time, being a non-native English speaker after all.

We also developed the NBL, which I think is POL nowadays. I think I actually was a moderator in that thing and I remember being quite good in NBing. I wonder if the same battling program is still in use?

I also remember that my post count started with a 6 and consisted of four numbers. Seems like there's been a slight inflation!

I admire the people who have had time to post here for the whole time I've been gone. Pe2k is community I've always liked being a part of somehow.

edit: Heh, I just checked some of the old URPG things I had done and the people I used to chat with. Boy, did I have fun back then!

Last edited by IT; 06-10-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

I miss when Pe2k was heavily active. I miss all the rping fun, now the board is dying ever so slowly.

I miss Entei 3000 :/

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

Ahh the good ol' days. This place was so fun while I was active, the URPG was my haven. I had a few people that made this place so addictive and I properly considered them friends. I can remember trying so hard to become a URPG mod, though never admiting it, but was happy enough when iI became an Official. I had the Poison gym and was an above average battler, mainly used UU mons.

I dabbled in other area's of the forum, I first started to get into photoshop while I was hehe and was constantly trying to get better and lurking the art boards. NBL was quite fun, way before the online versions of the games were mad possible, it was quite fun but always seemed to go inactive.

We were a real community back then, and I never thought people I met on a forum could mean so much to me, but looking back on it I made some great friends and we had some awesome times.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subside View Post
We were a real community back then, and I never thought people I met on a forum could mean so much to me, but looking back on it I made some great friends and we had some awesome times.
I keep thinking about the same thing. It's really odd how strong friendships can develop without the people actually never seeing each other. But we seriously had fun back then!

edit: this just in, you have two posts more than me, which I find pleasant because I can redeem myself as the active one.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Back when even if your sprite shop was hugely successful it would be on the second or third page in the morning because the board was so active.

You didn't need 'permission' to post art.

There were more nice people than not-nice people.

Everyone had like four or five really close friends but spoke to everyone else too.
God! You speak the truth. The sprite boards used to be so amazing.

I remember Pe2k when you didn't hav to wait like half a day for a comment on your sprites. The GSS used to cover several pages a day. Nobody claimed recolors as their ideas. Spriting was huge back then.

I remember having my Poke-egg shops.

I remember having amazing friends in the DCC. We all used to chat for hours.

When you actually knew a lot about the people and made good friends with them. I made friends I still remember everything about.

Usernames didn't change every few months.

I miss the old Pe2k...

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeboy sarab View Post
Nobody claimed recolors as their ideas.
^^^^^^^^^THIS SO HARD.
That's one of my HUGEST peeves, people claiming things as their own ideas. @_@; It's very irritating and it doesn't allow room for more people to try it and develop their own style with it. They get all anal about it and fights break out and aksjdhfklasjdg I want it to STOP.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-19-2011, 02:33 AM
The Doctor Offline

Send a message via MSN to The Doctor

When I joined in 2006, I was such a n00b. Now looking back, I just laugh how I acted back then. What I really liked was how many friends I had back then and how friendly everyone was. But something I won't ever forget is when I made my own group, Team Rocket. So many memories from that, it's a shame it died when I had to leave Pe2k for a while. Man, I miss the old days...

~Darkness

|Youtube Channel|URPG Stats|Doctorin' the TARDIS|
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I used to know people by their first names. Now I don't know them even by their usernames. I guess I could've been a bit more active during the last couple years, seeing as how I've been online of the forums like once a year. Now it seems like the people who I used to know have gone, just like me, and the new people are like 'who is this guy anyways?
You probably don't recognize me because of my various name changes since your absence, but I do remember you. I do not remember what my name was at the time we would talk, however you did attempt to help me with organization and activity in the URPG. Specifically, I believe you convinced me to become a grader.

Boy, do I feel old relative to many others here.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
^^^^^^^^^THIS SO HARD.
That's one of my HUGEST peeves, people claiming things as their own ideas. @_@; It's very irritating and it doesn't allow room for more people to try it and develop their own style with it. They get all anal about it and fights break out and aksjdhfklasjdg I want it to STOP.
I fail to recognize how a recolored pallette makes it an original idea. The concept of recoloring wasn't their idea. Apart from being irritating, It's just plain stupid.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:23 AM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthar View Post
You probably don't recognize me because of my various name changes since your absence, but I do remember you. I do not remember what my name was at the time we would talk, however you did attempt to help me with organization and activity in the URPG. Specifically, I believe you convinced me to become a grader.

Boy, do I feel old relative to many others here.
After a quick search, it would seem like your screen name back then was PainKiller, in which case I remember you, too.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Vanity

• I was the biggest noob.
  • Actually ran a succesful wifi clan, even though I sucked
  • Alot more people were active
  • My Grammer was atrocious
This is all in the day of my old username, which dates back to like 2007, ;)

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

In the beginning of my time |
1) I was such a noob that I'm surprised my noobiness didn't collapse upon itself and create a black hole that destroyed the world.
2) I was known as three things: Annoying, PKIAV, and PokemonKnowItAllVanessa (old username).
3) I was ten years old and, quite frankly, and idiot. xD
4) I was a mild powerplay/godmod noob. xD
Midway in my time |
1) Changed username.
2) Matured (slightly).
3) Figured out how to actually RP.
Has PE2K died? I can't tell since I'm getting on in the first time in a while... and I can't judge off of now because it's sorta-kinda 2:30 a.m. for me...
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Sudo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Sudo

joined at 13, to ask about pokemon games. i was very secure, happy and still in that "i'm a kid and everything is amazing and interesting" stage...not so much now.

came back today (at 21) for the nostalgia, and i can't think of anything i care about less than pokiman in my current life, but i'm glad this place is still around.

it hasn't changed at all! same old v.bul skin that i always used.

Last edited by Sudo; 06-21-2011 at 04:54 PM.