Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 PM
RocketMeowth's Avatar
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: iEs muy efectivo!
Posts: 3,746
Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

I'm so thrilled that everyone agrees with the ownage that Pidgeot brought in the show. No bird Pokemon Ash gets shall ever top it of its number one super power spot. Not even Staraptor. xD

But sadly, I must also agree that our hugable Noctowl was the weaker of the four. It never really did much. The only truly powerhouse thing it did was help pull a plane through dense fog. Other than that it never showed much power.

But then again I'm not sure Noctowl was meant for strength. To me it seemed like the more pacifistic Pokemon out of all of Ash's group. It never got into conflicts with the other pokemon, and it always had a calm nature. I could be wrong though. lol

=^^= Nya
__________________
Paired with Neo Emolga -- THE FORUM RULES -- Trophies -- Things to do at PE2K -- My Art
GO DJ MEOWTH! GO!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

I have to say, Noctowl is the weakest. Sadly, good looks can't do much for you in the show...Unless in a contest. Even then there is battling, however.

Hmmm....I didn't see much of Pidgeot, but Pidgeotto was awesome. I can't remember a lot of those episodes...

So, Swellow takes the top spot. He resists electricity, after all, and shatters defenses. Staravia, we will have to see.

Just my opinion, though ;D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
RocketMeowth's Avatar
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: iEs muy efectivo!
Posts: 3,746
Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
I have to say, Noctowl is the weakest. Sadly, good looks can't do much for you in the show...Unless in a contest. Even then there is battling, however.

Hmmm....I didn't see much of Pidgeot, but Pidgeotto was awesome. I can't remember a lot of those episodes...

So, Swellow takes the top spot. He resists electricity, after all, and shatters defenses. Staravia, we will have to see.

Just my opinion, though ;D
lol. Pidgeot doesn't need to resist electricity. He's uber enough on his own. xD

=^^= Nya
__________________
Paired with Neo Emolga -- THE FORUM RULES -- Trophies -- Things to do at PE2K -- My Art
GO DJ MEOWTH! GO!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
I'm so thrilled that everyone agrees with the ownage that Pidgeot brought in the show. No bird Pokemon Ash gets shall ever top it of its number one super power spot. Not even Staraptor. xD
Has Ash even unlocked its full power yet? :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
So, Swellow takes the top spot. He resists electricity, after all, and shatters defenses. Staravia, we will have to see.

Just my opinion, though ;D
Yeah. Electricity resistance isn't what you see in many birds.

Saravia seems to be about equal to Pidgeot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
lol. Pidgeot doesn't need to resist electricity. He's uber enough on his own. xD

=^^= Nya
Prove it. >:9
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai's Avatar
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where ninjas and Pokemons are
Posts: 1,517
Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

I can't name one, because all of his bird Pokemons has it's own abilities(^^)
__________________
I liek Mew I love Mew
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Sheepat's Avatar
Sheepat Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sheep Land
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
I can't name one, because all of his bird Pokemons has it's own abilities(^^)
Assaundrell has a good point.

While we fight for the top (Mainly between Staraptor and Pidgeot), we never know that all of them are different in many ways.

Noctowl defeated a Gengar where Staraptor would probably fail, however, Staraptor, I saw in a picture, was killing Paul's honchkrow, where Noctowl would fail.
__________________
Once known as riolu42
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
Assaundrell has a good point.

While we fight for the top (Mainly between Staraptor and Pidgeot), we never know that all of them are different in many ways.

Noctowl defeated a Gengar where Staraptor would probably fail, however, Staraptor, I saw in a picture, was killing Paul's honchkrow, where Noctowl would fail.
Nope, the Honchkrow was still alive.

But yeah, I guess he does have a point.

Then again, I guess whoever created this thread was talking about the one who is the best overall...
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:54 AM
kinghoo's Avatar
kinghoo Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

To be honest, Pidgeot hasn't proved her strength yet. The Only battle it has is with Fearow! But as a Pidgeotto it was awesome, although it wasn't used in battles that much when bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle came. Poor pidgeotto! Stupid Ash for not fulfilling his promised to this Bird!!

As for Staravia, i mean STARPTOR!!, now that it evolved! Im very sure it'l become Ash's Powerhouse in Sinnoh... Although i would say that almost all of his current team are strong.. STARPOR will sure to shine. I just noticed, Ash's Starptor is not that big as Pidgeot and the Staraptor shown in the rioulo episode.

Swellow for sure is strong! its Electricity resistance made this one cool! and it'd proved it self having a numerous wins in Hoenn Region... So i'd say this Bird Rocks! the only thing that differs this to ash's other bird is that it's charm is not that attractive, making it the less fame among kids.

Id stick to my first Post. Noctowl is the weakest. It might a phychic type pokemon and a shiny one. but it didnt shine during Johto. It might defeat gengar! but thats it. Its didnt contribute much in Ash's Johto team. Well I would say aswell that Ash's Johto Team is his weakest TEAM of All. maybe because most his pokemon didnt evolve. Only Chikorita made it to evolved to Bayleaf! Remeber that in the silver conference Ash needed to call for her kanto pokemon the achieve his spot there! Thanks to charizard!
__________________
]
Please dont forget to visit The All New: www.pokenoy.com: Pokemon Philippines! Everyone Rules!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Soda Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Karakura Town
Posts: 4,462
Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Noctowl is the weakest. Why do you think they gave it Hypnosis? Because it can't do much else.

Swellow is the strongest until Staraptor comes.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Pidgeot > Swellow > Noctowl > Staravia
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
dgg's Avatar
dgg Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Default Re: Weakest among Ash's Bird Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Pidgeot > Swellow > Noctowl > Staravia
I disargee with you Kinghoo, you are wrong in so many ways and you are ******* stupid to say that the Johto team was the weakest which have always being untrue since day one,the Johto team is Ash's strongest he ever had.

Pidgeot>Noctowl>Swellow>Staraptor

The weakest pokemon is Staraptor.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-14-2011, 06:50 PM
SCX's Avatar
SCX Offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16
Default Bird Mons ~

I'm not going to include Ash's Tranquill into this. I'm going to be looking into each Pokemon to see where they stand. The first bird Pokemon was Pidgeotto that evolved into Pidgeot. Unfortunately, I don't think that it would have served better than any other Pokemon on Ash's team during that time. Ash was a newb and whether or not Pidgeot had great power that Ash could unlock, it's more so if he would have unlocked it. I would say that Pidgeotto had a diverse role in that he was the first flying-type Pokemon and one of his first Pokemon to catch before all the three starter Pokemon. It's not hard to say that more time was put into Pidgeotto. However, in the end, no matter the Gym battles, Pidgeotto played that plot any other of Ash's Pokemon did: finding a destination, poking a hole in Team Rocket's hot air balloon, clearing away smokescreen, and giving Pikachu a ride.

Let me first say that Noctowl does no longer know Hypnosis. That includes weaker attacks such as Tackle and unneeded attacks such as Foresight. What Noctowl brought was a Pokemon for the Violet City Gym (when he was suppose to have Pidgeot come back). Then it helped for when he was fighting Morrison. After that, he was mostly used to help in situations where his flying ability comes in handy or the fact he can fight off ghost-type Pokemon. However, later he came in to battle in the Sinnoh League. Clearly, he had improved a lot and I think that he can be quite strong. It just depends how the writers decide to try to portray it. Sometimes writers don't exactly get to do that and a bit of it was just to make older fans happy with the return of Ash's Johto Pokemon.

But why in god's name does Noctowl look like that annoying owl in Ocarina of Time!? D:<
It's the eyebrows I tell you, the eyebrows!!!

I never understood quite the well the reason why Ash chose to have Tailow. Yeah, he caught it just to prevent Pikachu from getting hurt anymore, but that's about it. I think that Ash had caught it because in all of his other regions, he had a bird-type Pokemon on him. Tailow was the bird Pokemon that Hoenn had to offer and well, it was probably the most obvious he would have caught given the situation a Tailow was beating Pikachu or not. In the beginning, the same as any other Pokemon in Ash's Party, he would lose battle after battle. Then the Pokeringer came that gave the focus on Tailow and because it was the focus on him, he evolved. More than anything else, he's just a reflection of the other bird type Pokemon, and his move set isn't that great.

Once again, a bird type Pokemon came into Ash's party as to help some plot that it could use its flying ability for and thus, Starly. If he were to have focused on Starly a little bit more instead of the writers making him catch Turtwig, then there could be a bit more to said Pokemon. However, Starly has started off to have a good basic move set and then when it became a Staravia after a god awful number of episodes, he did have quite a move set. It is in my opinion that Ash doesn't know how to really use his attacks well. Bravebird was a great addition, but he should have been a bit smarter about how he used it. Then there was the evolving to Staraptor and the move Close Combat, which I think was just to be able to overcome Honchcrow. Since the other Pokemon in Ash's party had a bigger role, Staraptor would have his plot end early. I don't see anything happening to him anymore.

The first Pokemon I have come to see as who would fair the weakest is Swellow. His move set lacks and Starly already had the move Aerial Ace. Noctowl served as an Owl and did what any Owl would predictably have done in the Pokemon World - fight mostly ghost Pokemon. That's why Hoothoot/Noctowl had mostly attacks that fend off Ghost-type Pokemon. Pidgeot had not shown to have any change in moveset and although he gained a bit more power, not a lot of it was shown. It would have to be the second strongest. Then in conclusion, Staraptor is Ash's strongest Pokemon. I'm basing this on the move set that Staraptor has and the fact he is stronger stat-wise than Pidgeot. He did manage to overcome a Honchkrow who was stronger than him too.

Thus ~
Strength-wise
1. Staraptor
2. Pidgeot
3. Noctowl
4. Swellow

Ash-wise
1. Swellow
2. Noctowl
3. Staraptor
4. Pidgeot

Swellow was used for one of Ash's tactics, Thunder Armor. Noctowl was only used to fight off ghost-type Pokemon when the episode had any ghost-type. Staraptor had an earlier conclusion to his own plot and lost too easily in the Sinnoh League to Paul's mons. But he did find ways to use him. Then Pidgeot would be number one granted that Ash would have kept his promise to get him after the Orange League to reveal to us how great Pidgeot has become. That of course depends if Ash uses Pidgeot well.

Last edited by SCX; 06-14-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com