Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Lost Soul Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Suggestion Thread

here are a few more i've been playing around with

Spoiler:

Double Dancer
Volcarona@leftovers/Life Orb
Modest/Timid
Flame Body
4Def/252Sp Atk/252Speed
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
HP Grass IVs:31/30/31/30/31/31

pretty straight forward, switch in to something you resist or scare, quiver dance or two and sweep away, HP grass is there to take out water and ground

Spoiler:
Galvantula@Choice Scarf/Specs
Modest/Timid
Compound Eyes
4Def/252Sp Atk/252Speed
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Volt Change/Energy Ball
HP Ground IV's 31/31/31/30/30/31 -or- 30/30/30/31/30/30
Another pretty straight forward set, scarf for a revenge killer, specs for more damage, Thunder gets ~90% accuracy with compound eyes, volt change is for scouting, energy ball for ground types, HP ground for fire types

Spoiler:
Hydreigon@choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Timid/Modest
Levitate
4HP/252Sp Atk/252 Speed
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Surf/Focus Blast/Earth Power

Another Choice Sweeper, Draco Meteor is the preferred, since the stat drop gets negated with a switch anyways, but Dragon Pulse is there if you really, really don't want that drop, Fire Blast has more power, Flamethrower has better accuracy. Surf hits heatran but not empoleon, focus blast hits both but doesn't have great accuracy, Earth Power hits both, but i don't know if you can egg move both Earth Power and Dark Pulse

i'm working on a bulky Scrafty also, i'll post it up when i can figure out the best way to make it more annoying
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Nido is king@life orb
timid
252spec att 252speed 6hp
ice beam
flame thrower
earth power
thunder bolt

WTF nido are you joking he sucks!!!! Well in all honestly in ou nidoking still fails to shine in the large offensive nature of 5th gen despite his new found power. Not to say he can't be used there, it's just better for him to be a big fish in a small pong -uu. Nidoking is now a massive power house in uu largely thanks to sheer force. Sheer force negates the secondary effect of an attack eg. thurderbolt can no longer paralyse and life orb damage is even negated too as a bonus! erm but the main selling point is a wopping 30% boost to nidios attacks, earthquake suddenly becomes base 130+ stab and with nidokings fantastic movepool of strong accurate attacks with perfect coverage and a no cost life orb boost coupled with a decent typing which gives it full imunity to poison and electric attacks and you can see why the formly average nidoking has an ability, move pool and status that would make electivire jealous!
Even try him in an ou team, no one will suspect the massive damage he is inflicting is not comming from spec/band nido or even nido in general!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
MAZZ0Murder Offline
New Trainer

How about a SCOLIPEDE

Brave nature (+ atk, -spd (loloops))

Knows:
Megahorn
Toxic
Protect
Earthquake
Old 05-29-2011, 12:04 PM
espenn Offline
New Trainer

I found this fantastic way to use Aggron yesterday when I was making myself a steel-team just for fun. I call him the Double-Kamikaze Aggron, and it will make him useful against übers like Kyogre, Grouden or Terrakion.

Sturdy got a fantastic upgrade in Gen5 which is perfect for sending Aggron against Pokemon that would generally be super effective against him. It really helps that Aggron has two very common 4x weaknesses.

Chesto berry + Rest is to get that swell 1turn recovery to use Sturdy once more. We also want to max out the HP so that we can really dish out a damn good deal of damage!

The Aggron will then look like this:

Aggron, Sturdy, Brave, chesto berry
252 HP, 252 Att, 4SpA
Metal burst
Rest
Heavy Slam
Aerial Ace

It's the opposite from most Aggrons out there, as it is actually supposed to be knocked out! The second time the opponent will probably expect this, and that is why he also have Heavy Slam and Aerial Ace, just to take down whatever is not trying to dish out actual high damage.

If you are going to use this, please send me a message so that I know it is appreciated :)
for I must prevail!

Last edited by espenn; 05-29-2011 at 12:07 PM.