Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Akuaburedo Offline
New Trainer

Default When Countries Attack

Meh. Suggestions on possible problems are heavily appreciated. Thinking of changing Crustle for something else.

Oh yeah, the title is random haha. I just name my mons after countries they remind me of.

Turkey (Iwaparesu) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 112 Atk / 180 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Basically a Aerodactyl wall. :P Set up Spikes, and fend for itself. Crustle's great Defense helps to absorb EQ from Aero and also walls Linoone and Dragonite.

Germany (Barujiina) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pigeon Heart
EVs: 44 HP / 200 Def / 208 SDef / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Payback

Basically a wall. :P Knock Off items, Whirlwind boosters. I usually have Roost on her, but I'll test out Payback.

France (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Experimental Gengar set. Not sure If I'm going to keep Destiny Bond. My special sweeper.

America (Arcanine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 Atk / 112 Def / 140 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast
- Reversal

My mixed sweeper / revenge killer. For Bisharp and Metagross.

Greece (Milotic) (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 80 HP / 92 Def / 188 SAtk / 148 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Surf

Special Tank. Might replace with Jellicent (therefore replacing Gengar with something else.)

Japan (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 16 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 202 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake

Powerhouse. Come in on Eelektross or Zapdos for Motor Drive, sweep with a variety of moves.

Last edited by Akuaburedo; 05-23-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Default Re: When Countries Attack

Hey, it'd be appreciated if you'd just post descriptions on why you picked the Pokemons and team synergy and such. It's so much more convenient when you do that.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
Hey, it'd be appreciated if you'd just post descriptions on why you picked the Pokemons and team synergy and such. It's so much more convenient when you do that.
Seconding this, please consult the sticky "How to write and RMT" to make sure you cover all the necessary information.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Akuaburedo Offline
New Trainer

Sorry about that. I edited in the necessary information. But you have to admit, there's nothing gimmicky about my team. Every mon has an obvious purpose. :/

Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Latisiblings Offline

First things first- I'm not giving you a full, detailed rate yet, since this is late at where I am. I'll give you a few pointers though.

What I meant by description was not just a few lines of what the mons do, but how they add to the overall synergy and strategy, and how they contribute to each other. Also, nothing gimmicky? I'm not too sure about that. ChestoRest is rarely seen especially on defensive Pokemons that love the Lefty HP recovery. Reversal is almost never seen due to priority of Conkeldurr and Sandstorm residual damage. I could go on and on about this, but I'd be ripping your team apart then. And your descriptions seem too focused on Pokemons that are not common in the BW OU tier, such as Aerodactyl or Linoone for example. Also, what's up with the crazy specific EVs? I really don't see what those 16 HP EVs are doing on Electivire for example. And on Milotic, HP should be maxed out, followed by your preferences on defensive stats. A thing to note is that maxed out HP generally is better than splitting the EVs on both defenses for defense.

Overall, this team needs more work. I'm gonna give you a few tools for team making- 5th Gen Analysis Index on Smogon and Marriland Team Builder. Look up the Pokemons you run on your team on the Index, and put your mons in the TB to see how their resistances and immunities match up. Trust me, it'll help you.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Once again, I'm seconding what Latisiblings said. Simply stating the obvious like "this is my sweeper" or "this is a physical wall" provides us with no information whatsoever, it's just stating the obvious while you're leaving the more unusual aspects of your team entirely unexplained, such as the movesets on arcanine and milotic, and the EV spreads on the majority of your pokemon. It's not simply a case of having "an obvious purpose", it's a case of how each pokemon achieves this purpose and how each element aids the team's strategy overall.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Elite_Battle_Master Offline

Akuaburedo, I'll try and help a little bit if possible although it does make it a little bit easier if you have more information posted as the other two suggested.

First off, make sure to have checked Smogon's thread on PO usage of gen 5 pokemon for the month of April. It makes it much easier to see what pokemon you are most likely going to see when battling.

Also, what is the goal you are trying to accomplish with this team? Offensive? Defensive/stall? By looking at your team, I don't see much synergy at all so just what wondering what your goal is with this team.

The items you've chosen on some of your pokemon don't seem to make much sense such as Leftovers on Gengar when he is a special sweeper, etc. For Electivire, if you are looking to gain a boost from an electric attack, I'd go with Cell Battery as it will boost electivire's attack if hit by an electric attack so you'll be looking at +1 speed and +1 attack instead of just a boost only to it's speed.

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †
Closed Thread