Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM
spritesguy13 Offline
New Trainer

Default My sprites/looking for hints!!!

Hello people who are on this forum watching this thread.
I recently (yesterday) started making fake evolution sprites
but i have the feeling i need some help still...

[IMG]
Absolade, evolution of ABSOL. Type Dark/steel

Kouseykiac, legendary. Type rock/steel

Dethrow, evolution of FEAROW. Type flying/steel

Sabourei, Evolution of SABLEYE. Type Dark/ghost (Bourei is ghost in japanese)

Youmeon, Evolution of EEVEE. Type Ghost

as you see im not that far with my sprites, and idd like some help
EDIT: I also made a PRE-EVO of ABSOL, named it obsim, it has a pikachu body, absol tail, absol head, edited eyes, skitty ears, absol feet and absol color.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: My sprites/looking for hints!!!

Your main issue is that you resize your sprites. All of them have some resizing going on there, which makes the pixels stretch and look really choppy and messy. The shading on a lot of them is also off, but I can't really tell because they're all stretched. D: You've definitely got some good ideas going though, and they look creative. c:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:58 PM
spritesguy13 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Your main issue is that you resize your sprites. All of them have some resizing going on there, which makes the pixels stretch and look really choppy and messy. The shading on a lot of them is also off, but I can't really tell because they're all stretched. D: You've definitely got some good ideas going though, and they look creative. c:

~GS.
actually i haven't streched a bit.

EDIT: ow nvm, i have. I edited Absolade:

better? and i just made this

and check this out :)

Last edited by spritesguy13; 05-15-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritesguy13 View Post
actually i haven't streched a bit.

EDIT: ow nvm, i have. I edited Absolade:

better? and i just made this

and check this out :)
The absolade, although looking better now, is still horribly pixelated and stretched. You can't fix it now that it's already happened. Can you see how , for instance, the pixels are more than one pixel wide? The outline should only be one pixel wide.

Now THAT is better. See how none of those pixels are stretched? It's because you didn't resize the sprite at all. And now it's MUCH clearer. NEVER resize sprites, unless you do it properly. But there's no need for that with spriting. The point is that the image is tiny. And as for that fusion, well I'm really confused about the shading. The shading on the tail looks like another colour coming in rather than shading, and the outline is still grey. Did you use a groudon red? I think you did, but... It's okay, but you need to recolour everything--including the outlines.

The image is also distorted. A lot. That blaziken shouldn't be bigger than the sprite originally was, otherwise you distort the image and the outlines are too thick and just wrong. The base you used...what was it? It looks like a photo and not a proper screenshot, which means it can never look legit. If you can see each pixel as if it were on a screen then it would look more realistic (you also need to use proper D/P font), but otherwise it's clear that it's been edited.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:39 PM
spritesguy13 Offline
New Trainer

Yea that battle scene thing is realy f'd up. Could you explain me how this recolouring works?