Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Moe2 Offline

Default Blazing Through the Opposition (Sun OU RMT) ~Closed~

With the Release of Black and White came the auto weather inducers DroughTails and DrizzleToad, as well as a whole plethora of offensively oriented Fire and Grass Types to abuse the sun. Basically the Goal is to set up Sun and smash through my opponent with powered up Attacks, no mercy in this scorching heat. One last note I play a lot of wifi, and before every match, every match, I write down what pokemon my opponent is using so I have an idea of what to do.

Ninetails@LifeOrb
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
252-Speed 252-Sp.Atk 4-Def
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power[Fighting] / Hidden Power[Ground]

This is Nasty Plot Ninetails, Nasty Plot to double her attack power in a single turn and a +2 LO Fire Blast in the sun actually deals some damage even with her rather low base 81 SP.Atk Stat. I am not sure at this moment to run Ground or Fighting for the Hidden Power. Fighting takes care of Tyranitar, but I find myself helpless to other fire Type Pokemon, in paticular Flash Fire Arcanine.
I tried running Specs which proved successful but being locked into 1 attack sucks, however not needing to set up is awesome.

Uxie@Leftovers
Abillity: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
252-HP 252-Def 4-Sp.Def
-Stealth Rock
-Yawn
-Psychic
-Uturn

My standard Uxie lead from 4th Gen makes an appearance to the B/W scene. Awesome defenses and with the new sleep mechanics yawn becomes that much more bothersome. I typically run Uxie 1st to set up rocks and scout and send in Ninetails 2nd to get the sun up, Useful against other weather inducing teams. Takes Ground Attacks aimed at my Fire Types as well as fighting and a lot of neutral physical attacks.

Charizard@Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
Nature: Timid
252-Sp.Atk 252-Spe 4-Def
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power[Ice]

My 1st powerhouse sweeper, with Solar Power acting as a pseudo-Choice Specs boost and a Scarf to make him faster than most threats this guy is a beast. Fire Blast in the sun Decimates anything that doesn't resist it and Air Slash is a nice secondary move with better accuracy. Focus Blast smashes through Tyranitar once again and HP[Ice] is to clean up against Dragons.

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful
252-HP 252-Sp.Def 4-Atk
-Foresieght
-Rapid SPin
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch

with all these stealth Rock weaknesses on my team and Charizard losing 1/8 of his health per turn I needed to remove those Damn rocks from my side at all costs. In comes hitmon top to do the job aswell as adding a nice Rock resist. Foresieght lets me rapid spin against enemy ghost types and well as ruining stall teams turns of set-up in 1 go. I have EVs in Special defense since my Uxie is geared towards Physical hits, and Intimidate helps me dual wall somewhat (his HP is rather lacking tho). CC and Sucker punch are for coverage.

Infernape@Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
252-Sp.Atk 252-Spe 4-Atk
-Work Up
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot

Mixed Infernape with a stat-up move. Designed for late game sweeping, a +1 LO Fire Blast in the sun hurts a lot, and a +1 LO CC is nothing to laugh at either. Grass knot is for those pesky water types which love to ruin this teams fun. He hasn't been pulling his weight much lately, with all these faster threats running around, although helps a lot against stall. If I would change anything about my team, this guy would be the 1st to go.

Venasaur@Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
252-Sp.Atk 252-Speed 4-Def
-Growth
-Solar Beam
-Sludge Bomb
-Hidden Power[Fire]

The best Chlorophyll abuser to date, Venasaurs DW ability is its saving grace. With Growth Doubling both his offensive stats in a single turn under the sun there is no telling what kind of destruction this guy is capable of. I bring him out Mid to late game, depending on the situation. If I can get a growth under my belt a modest +2 LO Solar Beam or Sludge Bomb crushes the opponent. Even with out the +2 boost Solarbeam hits like a truck, and Hidden Power gets boosts to a base Power of 105 in the sun, so not even steel type (albeit Heatran) are safe.

Threat List
These Guys are a royal Pain the *ss, and I am not 100% sure how to deal with them.

Latios resists both Fire and Grass Attacks. He out paces my infernape, without a Scarf and every single member on my team with a scarf. The only real attack I can Garentee on him is a Super Effective Sucker Punch, wich isnt OHKOing anytime soon. As long as he doesn't have a scarf I have some chance, but I am considering making my Venasaur Timid to out pace the Scarfed versions.

This guy absorbs my fire attacks and can fire off super charged ones back at me. If he has a scarf my infernape and ninetails may be introuble, so I'll often keep my ninetails in to test if its scarfed or not. My own sun hurts me since his flamethrower/Fire Blasts are hitting me for 50% more as well.

Setting up rain... what could be worse for my Fire Oreinted team, Venasuar's speed is halved and Charizards Atk is reduced, not to mention my Fire attacks are 50% weaker. Specially Defensive/Specs ones I'll try to lure in with Infernape for a +1 CC KO. Scarfed ones... idk, he doesnt exactly hit very hard with a scarf and I can switch in my ninetails again to remove his rain. Its an on going war with this guy.

Also removing my sun for Sand, I need to watch out for Tyranitar switchins when using solar beam and Fire Blast. Hitmontop counters this guy 100% though, with intimidate shutting down his physical attacks and resisting his STABs. But should Hitmontop fall I may be in trouble.

Possible Changes

Ability: Victory Star
Nature: Jolly
252-Atk 252-Speed 4-Sp.Def
-Vcreate
-Fusion Bolt
-Brick Break
-UTurn

On PO this guy would Replace Charizard, however on wifi a lot of ppl complain since you can't really find any Victini with Vcreate unless he is Pokesav'd. I dont know anybody who's Japanese, so where am I going to find a Jolly 31 IV'd Victini with V-Create? Still I'll most likely use him on tougher opponents.

Last edited by Moe2; 05-17-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Tyro Offline

Default Re: Blazing Through the Opposition (Sun OU RMT)

Never before have i seen a team as concentrated as yours. This is what i would do to make a few changes.
On the Ninetails i'd have hidden power Ice just to get rid of most of your threat list.

Now listen carefully, you have to offset the game then when you see the one of the Pokemon on your threat list, for eg Latios comes out, you still have Ninetails, switch Ninetails in and strike with the Hidden power Ice ; make sure your Ninetails also has a move that can restore it's health, so this is what i would do,

Ninetails@ Lum Berry
~ Rest
~ Solar Beam
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power(Ice)
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

A pretty solid Sun team, no need to change any sets for the most part. That being said, a couple of changes could be made to accommodate for your threat list;
-Low Kick over Close Combat on Hitmontop allows you to 2HKO Heatran and OHKO Tyranitar, even with your current nature/EV spread. It also doesn't compromise your defences, allowing you to retain bulk.
-Dragon Pulse+HP Grass over Focus Blast and HP Ice on Charizard. Zard really isn't beating TTar, Focus Blast can't OHKO it once it has sandstorm up, assuming it hits. Unless you can predict it switching in and then hit twice in a row, it's going to survive your first attack and nail you with STAB stone edge. Dragon Pulse hits Latios hard, and easy OHKO with solar power while providing perfect neutral coverage with Fire Blast, while HP grass nails Politoed for a 2HKO with Stealth Rock up.
-Sleep Powder over Sludge Bomb and Timid on Venusaur.As well as helping you easily reach +4 (At which point Solar Beam can potential 2HKO Heatran with SR damage, and easily 2HKO Latios), such a fast Sleep Powder can effectively shut down any Pokemon. Given the new sleep mechanics of fifth gen (The timer for sleep is reset every time a Pokemon is switched out), people are either far more reluctant to pull a pokemon out (Giving you the chance to stat up and maul them), or one they are switched out they're reluctant to bring them back in again. While certainly not an outright counter to your outlined threats, it can certainly remove them from the match until you're at least in a more favourable position.
-Does a +1 Close Combat KO anything significant that a +0 doesn't? If not, Nasty Plot may be of more use to you than Work Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
Never before have i seen a team as concentrated as yours. This is what i would do to make a few changes.
On the Ninetails i'd have hidden power Ice just to get rid of most of your threat list.

Now listen carefully, you have to offset the game then when you see the one of the Pokemon on your threat list, for eg Latios comes out, you still have Ninetails, switch Ninetails in and strike with the Hidden power Ice ; make sure your Ninetails also has a move that can restore it's health, so this is what i would do,

Ninetails@ Lum Berry
~ Rest
~ Solar Beam
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power(Ice)
What on earth is a "concentrated" team?

HP Ice gets rid of a grand total of one Pokemon on the threat list. Heatran and Politoed resist it, and tyranitar laughs it off. Ninetails fails as a tank too. It can do bulky or it can do offensive, not both at the same time.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Moe2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
A pretty solid Sun team, no need to change any sets for the most part. That being said, a couple of changes could be made to accommodate for your threat list;
-Low Kick over Close Combat on Hitmontop allows you to 2HKO Heatran and OHKO Tyranitar, even with your current nature/EV spread. It also doesn't compromise your defences, allowing you to retain bulk.
-Dragon Pulse+HP Grass over Focus Blast and HP Ice on Charizard. Zard really isn't beating TTar, Focus Blast can't OHKO it once it has sandstorm up, assuming it hits. Unless you can predict it switching in and then hit twice in a row, it's going to survive your first attack and nail you with STAB stone edge. Dragon Pulse hits Latios hard, and easy OHKO with solar power while providing perfect neutral coverage with Fire Blast, while HP grass nails Politoed for a 2HKO with Stealth Rock up.
-Sleep Powder over Sludge Bomb and Timid on Venusaur.As well as helping you easily reach +4 (At which point Solar Beam can potential 2HKO Heatran with SR damage, and easily 2HKO Latios), such a fast Sleep Powder can effectively shut down any Pokemon. Given the new sleep mechanics of fifth gen (The timer for sleep is reset every time a Pokemon is switched out), people are either far more reluctant to pull a pokemon out (Giving you the chance to stat up and maul them), or one they are switched out they're reluctant to bring them back in again. While certainly not an outright counter to your outlined threats, it can certainly remove them from the match until you're at least in a more favourable position.
-Does a +1 Close Combat KO anything significant that a +0 doesn't? If not, Nasty Plot may be of more use to you than Work Up.

What on earth is a "concentrated" team?

HP Ice gets rid of a grand total of one Pokemon on the threat list. Heatran and Politoed resist it, and tyranitar laughs it off. Ninetails fails as a tank too. It can do bulky or it can do offensive, not both at the same time.
Thanks Gofre, I think I'll take out FB on Charizard and put in Dragon Pulse. I have never really used it so far. And I originally ran NP on infernape, don't know why I changed it lol. I'll try the changes on PO and see how they far. Once again thanks for the help.

Unfortunately Dragon Pulse is Illegal with Solar Power for the time being. So I think Im going to have to stick with what I have atm :/

Last edited by Moe2; 05-16-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread