Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Re: GB games still working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
While I have had a few ROMs, it is illegal and it is not the same as having the actual game.
Well if I had the choice, I'd rather play a ROM than no game at all. At least when all the save batteries are dead the game doesn't cease to exist.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Quiet Camerupt Offline

All my games (RBY, GSC) still work except for gold. That's probably because I played it the most though. But yeah there's nothing wrong with the others at all even though I still get some anxiety of the impending demise of what will happen eventually.

My Completed Leafgreen Nuzlocke Run:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...67#post3292767
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Perish by Ice Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
While I have had a few ROMs, it is illegal and it is not the same as having the actual game.
I have ROMs, I am currently into a Leaf Green file I have on ROM, and I have a good Emerald ROM file going as well. They are fun especially people's hacks, some are really interesting. I have heard as well that ROMs are not illegal if you own a cartridge of the game, thus you technically have paid for the game before.

As for my GB games, Yellow and Crystal are now the only survivors. Recently I have lost my blue and red; I knew it had to happen sometime I way over glitched and gamesharked them lol. My Silver my most prized game died around 2007 maybe 2006, my gold(which had never seen a finished file before anyway) went just barely first.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

This just seems like such a depressing thing. I'm going to shelve my games and pray to Arceus that they last.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Last time I checked (probably a few months ago), all my first/second gen games were still working. I bought Crystal on my birthday but didn't realize that the battery was dead until I played it a couple days later, and to my horror, the file didn't save. xD

I'm terrified of touching my Gold though. I don't wanna go through the horror of losing my save file. Shiny Rapidash, Shiny Crobat, the first Pokemon I ever raised to level 100 ... I don't wanna lose those. xD

Although I think the battery on my Gold IS dead but my file's still there, 'cause every time I turned the game on it had me reset the time and date.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 AM
bobandbill Offline

Send a message via MSN to bobandbill

Ah, this happened to my Silver version. 'twas a sad day when I found out the save was wiped. =( That and my Crystal is glitchy as all heck too, but well, what can one do.

'Tis a parody of the game with more explanations than you can shake a pastry at.
[Banner by cieux of sppf]

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributers!

Why should you? Well, Wyanut?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Mageta Offline

Send a message via MSN to Mageta Send a message via Skype™ to Mageta

Ah, it was a sad day when I lost my Red. I bought it at a Garage sale with.

Metwo x4
Mew x1
All starters Lvl 100 x 1
Zapdos x1
Articuno x2
Moltres x3

But all my other GB games are still playing like new!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perish by Ice View Post
I have ROMs, I am currently into a Leaf Green file I have on ROM, and I have a good Emerald ROM file going as well. They are fun especially people's hacks, some are really interesting. I have heard as well that ROMs are not illegal if you own a cartridge of the game, thus you technically have paid for the game before.
It is still illegal. You'd have to buy the ROM from Nintendo for it to be legal. It is against copyright and piracy laws, and therefore should not be discussed on this forum. It is the same as saying, "I already bought a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops, so I have the right to go into the store and steal another one!"
Old 07-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
It is still illegal. You'd have to buy the ROM from Nintendo for it to be legal. It is against copyright and piracy laws, and therefore should not be discussed on this forum. It is the same as saying, "I already bought a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops, so I have the right to go into the store and steal another one!"
It's not illegal if you already own the game, seeing as how you already bought it and are therefore supporting the people who made it. But if it's a game that's not even being sold anymore (GBC and GBA games), who cares? There's no possible way of supporting the makers anymore because they'll all be sold from pawn shops. There won't be any "new" cartridges anymore unless some hardcore collector somewhere kept the boxes brand new and unwrapped, but even then it's still not supporting the makers.

Also I checked my Gold. It still works. c: My friend mailed me a copy of Silver and that still works too. I'll probably leave Crystal to gather dust in my collection since it's rather hectic to replace the battery. I don't wanna risk ruining the game, and I'm too distrustful of almost everyone when it comes to handling anything in my Pokemon collection. xD (no really, I smack people when they want to take a card out of its sleeve)
Red, Blue, and Yellow still work too. <3

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-14-2011, 10:18 AM

Em, Jessu, I believe MOTHA FREAKIN NINTENDO.COM BELIEVES OTHERWISE!

Nintendo.com ROM faq.

Who cares? Apparently Nintendo and the law. I will not lie, I have RoMs, but I do not pass it off as legal to make myself feel better.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 07-14-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM
atucker22 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Em, Jessu, I believe MOTHA FREAKIN NINTENDO.COM BELIEVES OTHERWISE!

Who cares? Apparently Nintendo and the law. I will not lie, I have RoMs, but I do not pass it off as legal to make myself feel better.
Woah. Chill man, not a huge deal.

Anywho, both of my Silvers have died. My original died in like late 06, and then I got one from my friend, and I noticed that that died maybe 4 months ago. My Gold is a touchy cartridge, but still work, and my Crystal is in solid shape.
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 07-14-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
Woah. Chill man, not a huge deal.
It is a huge deal. It is illegal activity, and it should not be talked about like it is not.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Cepheus Offline

My R/B Are still good to go... But I did buy a copy of Emerald not too long ago where this happened... So I talked to the guy I bought i from on Amazon & he shot me another copy becasue the other apparently had a dead battery... Oh well... Wouldnt have been such a big deal if I hadnt already played halfway through....

Personally... I think Nintendo SHOULD release ROMS themselves that people CAN purchase if they so choose of the unobtainable games. Sounds like a sound investment on their part. OR remake ALL of the games for the latest console.. Similar to HS/SS..
Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Primal Link Offline

Send a message via MSN to Primal Link

isn't talking bout ROMs frowned at on this forum?

Anyways back on topic, i still have a yellow, silver, gold and 2 crystals all fully working although i did have to replace yellows battery a while ago, if you have the soldering tools its not that hard. all the 2nd Gen games work perfectly still, i still prefer playing crystal to HG/SS cant beat a good classic game, like Ocarina of Time! That game will never die and neither will classic GB games!

3DS: 3308-4809-3969
Avatar credit goes to ~theLostSindar of DevianART
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
VictoriasHoundoom Offline
New Trainer

All of mine do.
Blue, (sadly lost red and yellow)
Gold (sadly lost crystal :() silver broke but it and my gba got left outside forever ago.
Ruby. (sadly lost emerald although I know it's in this house somewhere, and my saphire I lent to a friend who has now "bought the game and returned mine" aka stole it.
Closed Thread