Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Osama bin Laden is dead

Party hard, America. For the next 24 hours, you are allowed to lose any and all fear of terrorism.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Osama bin Laden is dead

God bless America. 'Nuff said.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Aesthetic victory but a victory none the less.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 05-02-2011, 05:00 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdvM6bgFUQ

It only took 15 years, but hey, I'll take any feelgood news we can get.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

He had PSN, and because of the hacking, they got his address.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
For the next 24 hours, you are allowed to lose any and all fear of terrorism.
Are you sure? Personally if I was in the US right now I wouldn't be celebrating and showing off. It's like they're trying to rile up these terrorists even more. They are gonna retaliate. :x
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Oh wow, really? That was... completely random, and unexpected, to say the least. But I suppose I don't keep track of things in America, so I've probably just missed something completely obvious lol. Do they have proof he's dead or anything like that?

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

The thing is, although he masterminded a few attacks, there's nothing to stop another equally-horrific leader taking his place.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Are you sure? Personally if I was in the US right now I wouldn't be celebrating and showing off. It's like they're trying to rile up these terrorists even more. They are gonna retaliate. :x
(Just so you know beforehand, Sarah, this is not aimed at you)

Oh, and they can show off every captive they have of a U.S soldier and proclaim how we are the devil and should all perish in a jihad? They can show a soldier have his head hacked off while the poor man screams to death? They can show off all that propaganda against us US Army "devil dogs?"

We want the world to know a madman is dead. Those who show off and celebrate are over the top, yes, but I am happy those 3,000 or so people who died ten years ago finally got the vengeance they deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
The thing is, although he masterminded a few attacks, there's nothing to stop another equally-horrific leader taking his place.
And when the bastard rears his ugly head to try and lead a deadly attack, the US will respond to him in the same way. With deadly force.

If this proves one thing, it's that if you attack the US, by God, we will do everything in our power to find you and bring you to justice.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
And when the bastard rears his ugly head to try and lead a deadly attack, the US will respond to him in the same way. With deadly force.
What, the same way, 10 years later? I know it's difficult for the US army to track him down, and I'm not knocking them, but its still a lot of time for them to launch several attacks again.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Hack4Fun Offline

You guys must be very excited, but remember they probably are more as equally horrible as him.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post

I kinda agree with this..

Also was killing one man really worth all the US soldiers that died trying to hunt him down?

Anyway I would just be happy that he's gone, now since the US finally manages to kill him after nearly 10 years of narrow search, but kinda over the top to be holding celebrations..
Old 05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Also was killing one man really worth all the US soldiers that died trying to hunt him down?

Anyway I would just be happy that he's gone, now since the US finally manages to kill him after nearly 10 years of narrow search, but kinda over the top to be holding celebrations..
Kind of with Simmi on this last count. I find it hard to celebrate at a man's death. An evil, horrible man's death, certainly, but still a man. Albeit I can't help but feel relief.

Am I the only one who feel sorry for the people who just wanted to watch the Royal Wedding Recap on Fox News?

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 05-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

It wasn't just him. There were plenty of other terrorist members that were targeted and brought to justice in the process, not to mention it initiated a whole slew of anti-terrorist operations in effort to make the world a safer place. We also showed them that we're serious, and we're not going to take this crap. To simply bow heads down and weep after 9/11 and do nothing about it would have given them more morale and encouragement to keep going. Instead, they now got a clear message that if they bite, we're going to bite back, and HARD. This is proof and sends a message that if anyone thinks of following Osama bin Laden's campaign or gets inspired from it, they're going to end up the same way he did. D-E-A-D Period.

Anyway, you may have forgotten how tragic and gut-wrenching 9/11 was, but I haven't. I've seen the World Trade Center site several times, and it is STILL a somber and melancholy place that gives you the same feeling a graveyard would. One of my parents' friends was in lower Manhattan that day, and you know what he said?

"It was like Vietnam all over again, only worse."

To you, it may sound like it took the US a shabby 10 years to find a sneaky terrorist leader. To me, after a long, hard, and painful search, we finally brought a terrorist mastermind to justice, avenged the thousands of lives he stole from US families and the destruction he caused, made the world a safer place by eliminating terrorists, and sent a clear message to anyone even thinking of trying to do the same thing he did. We are still united, we are still strong, and we have won because of it.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
(Just so you know beforehand, Sarah, this is not aimed at you)

Oh, and they can show off every captive they have of a U.S soldier and proclaim how we are the devil and should all perish in a jihad? They can show a soldier have his head hacked off while the poor man screams to death? They can show off all that propaganda against us US Army "devil dogs?"

We want the world to know a madman is dead. Those who show off and celebrate are over the top, yes, but I am happy those 3,000 or so people who died ten years ago finally got the vengeance they deserved.
But what you have to understand is the Muslim extremists believe they are following the word of Allah. You know, if we are going into technicalities as well, while they say they are performing Jihad, that is not true. Jihad is the defense of their faith, which has not been really harmed by the Americans.

What they are really defending is their opium trade.

Quote:

If this proves one thing, it's that if you attack the US, by God, we will do everything in our power to find you and bring you to justice.
What? You cannot honestly say that. Ghadafi has been responsible for terrorist attacks on American soil, and from the looks of it, it is Europe who is taking care of that job. There have been plenty of people who have attacked the U.S and have gotten away with it. You think Osama is the only evil bastard out there wanting to destroy the U.S? I am not disagreeing with you, but that last comment is a bit of a stretch.

Honestly, I think we should stop celebrating and attack them while they are disorganized and scrambling to find a new leader. Attack, attack! The war is not over yet!