Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects » Creative Dex Project

Creative Dex Project For developing the Creative Dex.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Submission Discussion & Questions

Submission Discussion & Questions

Welcome to the Creative Dex! This project aims to produce artwork and fiction of every species of Pokemon! It's no small task, but I'm sure as a community it is achievable.

Got a question about the Creative Dex? Just post it up here! Feel free to discuss the board's progress and contents, too.
---------------------------------

FAQ

Question: How do I know if my piece is good enough?
Answer: Please consult the Quality Control Guidelines Discussion thread.

Question: I can't find the thread for my featured Pokemon! What do I do?
Answer: Go to this thread and press CTRL and F on your keyboard. Then type in the name of your Pokemon. Click on its name and it'll direct you to the thread.

Question: Hey! I've got a friend's work here, can I submit it?
Answer: Sorry, you may only submit your own work.

Question: My work was rejected! Can I resubmit it?
Answer: Please post in this thread to find out why. The Quality Control experts will give you advice on how to improve your piece. Once your piece has been improved, you may not submit it until one week has elapsed.

Question: My work was rejected twice! What do I do now?
Answer: Continue to improve it by getting further advice from the Quality Control experts. You may not post the piece unless given permission by the Quality Control experts.

Question: Who are the Quality Control experts?
Answer: See the list below.

Creative Dex Staff & Experts

Creative Dex Staff
Paperfairy
Pokémon Trainer Sarah
Kumori Gem
Simmi

Fanfiction Experts:
Kumori Gem
Lusankya
Scytherwolf

Sprite Art Experts:
Graceful_Suicune
Gelatini Jejunator
RocketMeowth

Drawn/Other Art Experts:
EmBreon
Kumori Gem
RocketMeowth
Scytherwolf

Graphic Art Experts:
Kumori Gem
Simmi

Question: I've got multiple pieces of work for the same Pokemon. Can I post them all?
Answer: Yes, post pieces of the same Pokemon in the specified thread. Be sure to specify the type of appearance.

Question: I've got a question pertaining to my piece. Do I post in the respective Pokemon thread?
Answer: No, do not post in the Pokemon submission threads. Instead, post here, the thread for all questions and submissions.
------------------------------

Have a question that isn't on the FAQ? Feel free to ask it here and it'll be added to the FAQ!

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by Simmi; 06-30-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Updating Jelly's name and adding Graceful..
Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: Submission Discussion & Questions

I've got a question. For the banners, do we use the sprites in the Pokemon's threads or can we use any image of the Pokemon?

WAR XI Team: .
Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
I've got a question. For the banners, do we use the sprites in the Pokemon's threads or can we use any image of the Pokemon?
I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna be required to use sprites for the banners,
it will probably be allowed to use any image of the pokemon you want..
Anyway the guidelines aren't done, so it's to soon to tell tho.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

I have a question about linking fanfiction chapters.

I'm not sure how to link to a chapter that's long, since I can't simply link to a single post if the chapter takes up more than one. Do I just link to the page of the thread that chapter is on (I'd like it to be able to go straight to the first post, though I'm not sure how to do this) or what?

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post

I'm not sure how to link to a chapter that's long, since I can't simply link to a single post if the chapter takes up more than one. Do I just link to the page of the thread that chapter is on (I'd like it to be able to go straight to the first post, though I'm not sure how to do this) or what?
I'd assume you'd just link all the posts the chapter was on. Perhaps have (Part 1) (Part 2) and so on beside them?
Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I'd assume you'd just link all the posts the chapter was on. Perhaps have (Part 1) (Part 2) and so on beside them?

Yeah I'd assume it be like Jello said:

Fan Fic: 1 2 3 4
Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post

You can have it shortcut to the first post too if you wanted, I do it like this:

Click the number on the post you want it to shortcut to

Then click the link that returns you to the original thread

And copy the URL from here. It will be a shortcut to the starting post you chose.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Ah, thank you! That's what I was trying to do before but couldn't figure out how.

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I find it easier to right click on that button and hit copy link.. Or at least I think the English translation is copy link, Firefox is in Icelandic for me so I hit were it says "afrita tengil".. xD

Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

How would someone become an Expert, like for Sprite Art?

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 05-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Skyla View Post
How would someone become an Expert, like for Sprite Art?
Knowing the basic rules of spriting, including shading and the manipulation of the outline, is a good quality to have. Of course, it's recommended that you have experience in most areas of spriting (fusions, scratches, recolours, eggs etc.). As with all the other Expert types, you need to be able to point out flaws in a sprite and show people how to correct them.

I'd say post some of your best sprites up and let others judge if you have the potential. I do believe that 2 Experts in the spriting section is not enough, and I think you may be able to help out that problem.

-----------------

Anyway, onto the main reason why I'm posting here. There's a problem with the Creative Dex that I've discussed with Paperfairy, and we thought it'd be best to let others know and give their opinion. The problem isn't particularly big, but if not solved criticism can become tedious for Experts.

Basically, we can never know for sure that a post contains a submission of one's own Expert type. This isn't a big deal whilst just Staff are posting submissions, but when the doors finally open I expect there to be a decent amount of posts. Due to this, checking each and every thread for submissions of our Expert type can become tedious, especially with the amount of Pokemon we have now.

As it stands right now, two solutions have been brought up:
  • 1) Experts are emailed topics that have been posted in daily. Experts can then just look through these threads. Whilst this does cut down on the amount of searching one does through threads, it doesn't eliminate the problem completely, especially if there are lots of posts in a day.
  • 2) This board is given subforums, organised by submission type. So we'd have a subforum for Sprites, a subforum for Graphics, a subforum for Fan-Fiction etc. Not only does this make the forum look more organised, it also makes it easier on the Experts, with them only having to check their respective subforum for new posts. The problem with this is the amount of threads that'd need to be created/copied for this to work. Apparently this was the original idea, but everybody thought a single board would be smarter. If this still seems the case, I guess we could keep it as is.

TL;DR: Checking submissions is tedious, should the forum be split into seperate categories based on submission type?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Knowing the basic rules of spriting, including shading and the manipulation of the outline, is a good quality to have. Of course, it's recommended that you have experience in most areas of spriting (fusions, scratches, recolours, eggs etc.). As with all the other Expert types, you need to be able to point out flaws in a sprite and show people how to correct them.

I'd say post some of your best sprites up and let others judge if you have the potential. I do believe that 2 Experts in the spriting section is not enough, and I think you may be able to help out that problem.
Would I post them here or what?

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Skyla View Post
Would I post them here or what?
I believe so, yes. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Hm I can see your point but I honestly don't thnik it's going to be a huge problem. I can't imagine that we're going to get so many submissions that it will be hard to keep up with. My suggestion would just be to check all the new posts (the threads should be bolded) whenever you sign in and see if there's anything you need to handle. Turning on the email notification thing should be easy, but I'm not sure if you guys would prefer being emailed about every posts rather than just checking them when you sign in. But that is an option =]

As for splitting into sections, that would work but I don't think we're going to get that many submissions of a single type that would make it worth it. I mean like we might get a total of 4 sprites of Bulbasaur over the whole life of the Creative Dex. And many Pokemon won't have any.

Another thought: Should we edit the forms so that people include the image they're submitting in their post? Then it may be easier for experts to scan through. (obviously not for fanfiction but yeah xD)

So it would be like this instead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Submission:

Username: Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Type of Submission: Graphic Art
Name of Submission: Solarbeam
Link to Submission: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ectorsaur2.png
Program Used: Photoshop CS3
(of course that brings up the problem of really large drawings/wallpapers)
Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I find it easier to right click on that button and hit copy link.. Or at least I think the English translation is copy link, Firefox is in Icelandic for me so I hit were it says "afrita tengil".. xD
That shortcuts to the direct post though, not the whole chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Hm I can see your point but I honestly don't thnik it's going to be a huge problem. I can't imagine that we're going to get so many submissions that it will be hard to keep up with. My suggestion would just be to check all the new posts (the threads should be bolded) whenever you sign in and see if there's anything you need to handle. Turning on the email notification thing should be easy, but I'm not sure if you guys would prefer being emailed about every posts rather than just checking them when you sign in. But that is an option =]

As for splitting into sections, that would work but I don't think we're going to get that many submissions of a single type that would make it worth it. I mean like we might get a total of 4 sprites of Bulbasaur over the whole life of the Creative Dex. And many Pokemon won't have any.

Another thought: Should we edit the forms so that people include the image they're submitting in their post? Then it may be easier for experts to scan through. (obviously not for fanfiction but yeah xD)

So it would be like this instead:

(of course that brings up the problem of really large drawings/wallpapers)
Agree. And I think that might be better actually, yeah. I doubt there would be that many giant drawings or wallpapers to be a big deal.