Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Kelloa791 Offline
New Trainer

Default New to competitive battle

I REALLY WANT TO GO TO THE INTERNATIONAL VCG TOURNAMENT BUT I AM BRAND NEW TO COMPETITIVE BATTLE! Can some people group together with me and figure some team thing with me? (not guranteeing my winning but something that will be fun and beats a good bit of people) That way at least a few people will remember me as being tough and all. Thanks!

rules...

The tournament regulations that players will receive during registration will automatically enforce the following rules:
■Prior to the start of the battle, the Pokémon on each player's team will be displayed to their opponent briefly. Moves and held items are not displayed
■While viewing the Pokémon on their opponent's team, each player selects four Pokémon to use during the battle, and sends out two Pokémon at a time. The Pokémon that a player selects and the order of those Pokémon remains a secret until they are revealed during battle.
■A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined by the end of the time limit, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
■At the beginning of each turn, players will have 1 minute to select moves for both Pokémon, or the change Active Pokémon. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.

Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version Unova Pokédex, from No. 001-148, and No. 151, that are caught in the game, or received by an official event or distribution. Pokémon from the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh Pokédex cannot be used.

All Pokémon that are Level 51 or higher will have their level reduced to 50 for the duration of the battle with the following parameters:
■Each Pokémon retains all of the moves that it knew before being auto-leveled
■Pokémon that evolve after Level 50 do not devolve when auto-leveled
■Pokémon below Level 50 remain at their actual level rather than being auto-leveled up to Level 50 for the battle
■The Pokémon's stats are adjusted to what its Level 50 stats would be

A player's team may not contain two Pokémon with the same Unova Pokédex number

Each Pokémon on a player's team may use held items, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle
■Only items acquired in Pokémon Black Version or White Version, or received at an official Pokémon event or promotion, may be used

Players may not enter two Pokémon with the same nickname

Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, an Unfezant nicknamed "Pidove")

Players found to have inappropriate/offensive Trainer names or Pokémon nicknames, as determined by the event staff, will be disqualified from the event

Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
■By leveling up
■By TM or HM
■As an Egg move, through breeding
■From a character in the game
■Already learned by a Pokémon that was received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
■Pokémon cannot use the move Sky Drop during battle

The use of external devices to alter the Pokémon in a player's party is expressly forbidden. Random checks will be performed throughout the tournament to determine whether or not an external device has been used to modify a player's party. Players found to have Pokémon that have been tampered with will be disqualified from the event, regardless of whether the player tampered with his or her game or received a Pokémon or item that was tampered with by someone other than the player. It is the player's responsibility to have legal Pokémon. Event officials have the final determination regarding the legality of a Pokémon.

A player should notify the staff immediately if he or she believes that there is a problem with an opponent's Pokémon. At the end of the round, all match results become final. Issues that go unreported until after the round has completed will not change the result of that match, regardless of whether there is a problem with an opponent's Pokémon.

Players and spectators are expected to demonstrate proper sportsmanship over the course of the event. A player may be disqualified from the event based on actions taken by friends or relatives who disrupt the operation of the tournament

The Team Must be ready by June, because thats when Regionals start for me.
Also I am Senior Division

Last edited by Kelloa791; 04-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: New to competitive battle

You are asking for training and setting up a tourny all in the same thread? im going to close this and you can apply for a tutor. Then check out the tournament section and see how the tournies are set up. Please if you are going to post a tourny clean it up. This thing is a mess.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Closed Thread