Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome
Default more room in signatures

hey people. who agrees this site is awesome *holds for cheers*...thats right it does!

ok people who agrees we need a few more lines in our signatures*holds for golf clap... or possibly crickets*

i recently got a new banner/av *thanks simmi* and i really like it but i had to adjust and re-adjust my signature to make things fit.. i think theres probably a few of us that would be really thankfull *crosses fingers* if we could just have a little more space to work with here, thanks for reading
-----------------------------------sincerely, D.M.L.G aka timmy j--------------

Last edited by death_metal_lawn_gnome; 04-25-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: im a noob
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn
Question Re: more room in signatures

Or you could make your banner smaller. That way you'd have more room.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: more room in signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
Or you could make your banner smaller. That way you'd have more room.
Actually, that can be a problem. Making an image smaller can be considered editing, which is illegal to do to copyrighted images. So, we could have more room, or you could simply make your own banner instead of using images from other sites. And the emoticon really adds a flare of sarcasm, which is not needed if the person is simply asking a question.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Actually, that can be a problem. Making an image smaller can be considered editing, which is illegal to do to copyrighted images. So, we could have more room, or you could simply make your own banner instead of using images from other sites. And the emoticon really adds a flare of sarcasm, which is not needed if the person is simply asking a question.
i agree titanium... and yes if someone makes a banner FOR YOU and you really like it but its a bit on the chunky size why would you want to go back and get a smaller banner. i really like mine i think simmi did a wicked job on it. not to compare us to serebii, which is a good website as well, they get alot more space in there banner area, im just asking for a small increase. nothing to drastic.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Yeah, wtf kind of restriction is 225 vertical pixels? No one uses 800x600 anymore, and if they still do, they need to get out of the stone age.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM
garjmp Offline
Banned
Master Trainer

Well tbh I think the size should be reduced.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:24 AM

^The above post makes no sense^

You could simply post a smaller picture if we had a bigger size.
Smaller!? SMALLER!? Why the hell does it need to be smaller!? Look, if you want it small, you got it small!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:04 AM
Roze Offline

I like the restriction. I'm not referring this to anybody here. but sometimes noobs can overload their sigs with bad quality huge images. I think the restriction requires some sophistication to make what you want to fit fit. I have always loved pe2k for its sophisticated look despite being about "kids" pass time. I love signatures but I also wouldn't want a sig to be any larger then what you, d_m_l_g currently have.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 04-26-2011, 02:32 PM

Yes, let's make it overly difficult for you to get your favorite image onto your signature, THAT will get you more members, won't it. The main goal this forum is trying to achieve is to attract some more members right now.

The O.P said, he does not want it to be a drastic change, maybe a little bigger.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-26-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

1. The reason why the restriction was put into place in the first place was because tons of people overloaded their sigs with clutter. We had to put a stop on it.

2. We've already done an expansion on the limitation a while ago, so the sig sizes are bigger than before. We currently have no plans on expanding the limit again.

3. Some of us still have slow internet (myself included), and larger sigs do cut into our loading time. In consideration for those people, I think that our restrictions are quite reasonable.

4. Everyone has these limits. Even I had to make some adjustments for my sig. However, the images the sigs now can hold are quite HUGE (did you see my Angel Beats banner? It's massive!).

5. If you (TA) think having no sig restrictions would increase member population, I suggest you look again. Obviously our problem isn't that.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Roze Offline

I doubt anyone will be like... I'm really bored on this forum, but I just can leave because it's the only place the lets me have 250 pixels for my awesome sig.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
5. If you (TA) think having no sig restrictions would increase member population, I suggest you look again. Obviously our problem isn't that.
I am not saying that, I am just saying it is overly complicated to get your favorite image as your banner if there is only one image, a 400 by 400 pixel or whatever have you. Too bad we do not have a program where the signature simply resizes it to a reasonable size. To be honest, it is too much of a hassle to get a sig resized, that is why I have only had 2 other banners before this for my signature. Nobody wants to go through the trouble of all that just to get a signature sized right.

And overcomplicated things do not attract customers as many Wii games with motion controls found out. Also keep in mind that the person is not asking to have a 800x1000 pixel count, just a smaller increase, and while I do not have any sigs I want to add right now, I can agree with that.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I think it's fine as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations
I am not saying that, I am just saying it is overly complicated to get your favorite image as your banner if there is only one image, a 400 by 400 pixel or whatever have you.
Then just resize the image. GIMP can do this fairly easily, and I'm sure Photoshop probably can too.

Quote:
Nobody wants to go through the trouble of all that just to get a signature sized right.
You do if you want to fit the signature restrictions.

Quote:
And overcomplicated things do not attract customers as many Wii games with motion controls found out.
I'd hardly call the signature size 'overcomplicated'. And forums =/= Video Games, especially when I don't have to pay Ł30 to go on this forum.

Besides, signatures are fairly big as is. My Trainer Card is huge in width.

Last edited by Etymology; 04-26-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Never going to make a sig below 225px height in protest.

It's it's too big, you're too old.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
I am not saying that, I am just saying it is overly complicated to get your favorite image as your banner if there is only one image, a 400 by 400 pixel or whatever have you. Too bad we do not have a program where the signature simply resizes it to a reasonable size. To be honest, it is too much of a hassle to get a sig resized, that is why I have only had 2 other banners before this for my signature. Nobody wants to go through the trouble of all that just to get a signature sized right.

And overcomplicated things do not attract customers as many Wii games with motion controls found out. Also keep in mind that the person is not asking to have a 800x1000 pixel count, just a smaller increase, and while I do not have any sigs I want to add right now, I can agree with that.
Errrr...that's pretty much what I do. Resizing images really isn't hard and GIMP is free. If I want something bad enough, I'll resize to my liking. Again, did you see my Angel Beats banner (or even the Azunyan one)? If not, keep refreshing my sig. It'll show up eventually. Seriously that thing can crush a horse.