Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen
Default Soul Silver Nuzlocke Challenge

I've seen threads for Emerald and a couple of the other games for this sort of thing, and after seeing the Black/White Official Nuzlocke thread, I wanted to try a Nuzlocke of my own. However, I didn't want to start over with my Black version at the time, so I decided once I beat Black and transferred all my awesome mons over from Soul Silver, I would start over on SS and complete it in a Nuzlocke challenge. Here is the thread where I will document and narrate my travels.

Of course, I'm not barring anyone else from posting in this thread with comments, advice, and the like ^^. Feel free to post between my logs :3

Nuzlocke Challenge Rules

CORE RULES
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

Just so those who have no idea what I'm talking about know what I am trying to do here ^^. I also have some optional rules which I have set out for myself, which I'll outline in each post.

(And yes, this thread is modeled after the format being used in the Black/White Nuzlocke thread, except this one is just for me)

~****~

Okay, beginning off, I...skip the explanation in the beginning; I know how to play Pokémon, thankyouverymuch! Okay, after that, I finally see Professor oak and talk with him; oh, sorry I interrupted your book reading, Prof (not). Yes, I am a guy. Name? Uh...guess I didn't think of that...Know what? Let's go with Drake, yeah. Drake's cool enough without being stupid or too cliché. And no, I have nothing in particular to do with dragons, guys 8P

Anyway, now that I am sprited, it's time to talk to mom as she hands me...menu options! Holy crap, these Options you gave me look so tasty, mom, thanks! n_n Today's gonna be awesome :3

So I head outside, and...AHHH POKÉMON ATTACKING ME! Oh, wait, it's just someone's overly-friendly Marril...And look who it is, clown-girl! Away with you now. Thank you...*shudders* She always gives me the creeps, I think it's the hat. Way too big to have just hair in there, after all...

(Yyeeeeeaaahhh, I'm just being random with my first entry, yes, bear with me guys, I wanna make it at least SOMEWHAT entertaining to read for everyone ^^)

Anyway, on to Professor Elm's Lab, so I can see what the not-so-old fart wants. Oh, right, of course, he wants to give me a Pokémon, how silly of me. Now, this is a Nuzlocke, so I could just be easy on myself at the start and pick Cyndaquil, or at least decently easy with Totodile...Nah, screw it, Hard Mode all the way, I'm grabbin' the Chikorita and making my Nuzlocke run an absolute HELL.

...HOLY CRAP. That's the first time I EVER got a female starter. Things are already looking up with that. I think I'll nickname her...Quistis. Yes, generic FFVIII name, but it sounds cool. Besides, I remember Quistis using a whip in that game, and...helloooooo, Vine Whip 8P

Anyway, with Pokémon in tow, it's time to head outside. Skipping the conversation with clown-girl, I told mom I was running away, and she freakin' helps me...AWESOME! With that I can head over to Mr. Pokémon's house for Prof. Elm's errand (after the forgetful Prof. gives me his phone number, of course). First foray out into the route is fun so far, Quistis is easily trained up to level 8 by the time I get to Cherrygrove literally five minutes after leaving (when accounting for the battles I was in).

I met an old man who gave me a tour, and then tried to hand my his smelly, sweaty Running Shoes before handing me a fresh, brand-new pair...That was almost gag-worthy. So I heal up, look around town, and head north. Quistis gains another level, and I'm at Mr. Pokémon's house within three minutes tops. He gives me a Mystery Egg (big surprise), and then I get to chat with the top Prof. himself. He sees I'm an innocent kid with a Pokémon, and I could practically see the lightbulb appear above his head, which leads to...

...Right...Onward.

...Well, later today. I'll take a nap for now, then continue (early morning to start, yeah, but I did, and I'm still tired, so a nap will help).

-------------------------------------
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules)
  • All Pokemon must be given nicknames (no set theme for nicknames)
  • White-Out = Game Over
  • Battle style must be “SET”
  • Duplicate Mons encountered can be ignored (including evolutions)
  • Trades only allowed for one evolution, beyond that, no trades allowed (including in-game)
  • Only one egg (the story egg) is allowed
  • Items (non-held) may not be used in battle, only outside

Number of Gym Badges: 0

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 0
  1. Quistis the Chikorita (Starter)
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Soul Silver Nuzlocke Challenge

Good luck, I'll be watching this.

Be sure to grind like hell.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

I have a watcher! Alright! Nnow if I could only get some more...x3

So anyway, today I headed out from Mr. Pokémon's house (obviously), and got the call from Prof. Elm telling me to get back pronto. So I trained up a little more and visited the Pokémon Center to heal before the "big" first battle with my rival. He showed up, and I whomped him easily, his Cyndaquil did three damage with a critical hit tackle; a little sad, no? So I defeated him, and stole his trainer card from him (haha, who's the meanie now?) He realized that and took it back, but not before I saw his name.

Ashura. What a prick.

So yeah, I got back to the lab (now with Quistis being level 10), and the police confronted me with an accusation! Luckily, clown-girl saved my butt by telling the stupid cop I was innocent, so then I gave the cop the name of the red-haired thief, and they went off to (never) catch him. With that settled, I handed over the Mystery Egg to Prof. Elm, obviously confused why Mr. Pokémon was so enamored with this particular egg, so he decided to do some research. With that, I told Prof. Elm that I was given a Pokédex from Prof. Oak, and the dude seemed to have an aneurism from that (which made sense; Drake is TEN). So Prof. elm suggested taking the Gym Challenge, which I accepted eagerly; I love kicking butt.

Heading back out to mom's house, I told her to save some of my money from each battle to have a good amount after some time just in case I get dumb and spend every penny, hehe. With that settled, I went on my way...only to meet clown-girl on Route 29.

She assumed I was dumb enough to not know how to catch Pokémon (I just didn't have any Pokéballs, sheesh!), and in thanks for watching her (twice, I might add), she gave me five Pokéballs; okay, so she isn't totally useless. Anyway, With that, I headed into the grass, and decided to find my first partner...

And lo and behold, it was a female Pidgey! With this second coincidence, I had an idea. And once I captured the Pidgey and headed to Cherrygrove, I decided on my new rule before saving and shutting off for the night.

I would only capture the first Pokémon on the route if it is female; if it's male, tough luck for me.

This Nuzlocke challenge just got a lot more hellish, and way more exciting. I'm quite eager.

• White-Out = Game Over
  • Trades only allowed for one evolution, beyond that, no trades allowed (including in-game)
  • NEW: May only capture female Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is male, tough luck.

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 0
  1. Quistis the Chikorita lvl 11 (Starter)
  2. Winry the Pidgey lvl 3 (Route 29)
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
[*]NEW: May only capture female Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is male, tough luck.
Best. Rule. EVER.

Shen you're awesome. XD I'ma watch you too *stares*
Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Altrius Offline

That female rule is danged awesome :) This is where you find NO female pokemon now and have to complete the game on Pidgey and Chikorita :)

Oh and take Neos advice. Grind grind grind :)
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 AM
dj-tiny Offline

what will u do if the egg is male

Old 04-02-2011, 03:50 AM
karma34 Offline
Experienced Trainer

This is an awesome style of hard-mode, the game needs to be more of a challenge. Good stuff. (reminds me of doing a LASO run in Halo)
Old 04-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
Best. Rule. EVER.

Shen you're awesome. XD I'ma watch you too *stares*
Yay, more stalkers! 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
That female rule is danged awesome :) This is where you find NO female pokemon now and have to complete the game on Pidgey and Chikorita :)
As of last night that isn't the case, though I kinda wish it might have been for a while XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-tiny View Post
what will u do if the egg is male
Then I show the egg mon to Prof. Elm and then release him, simple as that.

Anyway...

*sigh* So it's a Nuzlocke, that means there must be sacrifices. There will be casualties. I was kinda hoping I wouldn't see any casualties for a while, buuut...I lost Winry to a dang Hoothoot. Oddly enough, it was a new route, that was the first Pokémon I saw, and it was a female, So I was working on capturing it. Finally got it down to low health, when the level 4 bird got a critical hit on Winry. Obviously, I was mad, so I got pissy and threw the nearest thing I could grab at it's head in anger...luckily for me, this turned out to be one of my Pokéballs. So now I have a murderer on my team, hooray.

With my team still at two, I went into Dark Cave to see if I could grab a mon from there, but no such luck, unfortunately. So I then went to Violet City with no further hitches, using the Pokémon Center easily. So then I decided to try my hand at Sprout Tower; who knows, it was nighttime, and I could get lucky with a female Gastly.

Luck was with me then, at least. One step off the stairs, and I saw my target. A Foresight, a tackle, and a Pokéball later, and I picked up my new female Gastly, member number four. With that, I stopped for the night, and slept before continuing on.

I ascended Sprout Tower easily, training Elice (Hoothoot) and Zita (Gastly) up using the sages along the way. The top was reached with no difficulty, and after watching Ashura use an Escape Rope, I challenged the Elder of the tower and earned TM 70 Flash. Goodie, doubt I'll really ever use it much at all, heh.

So, training up for the Gym, I fought the two mini-trainers before heading out to Route 32, and saw *gasp* yet another female as the first one on the route! A Bellsprout, who is now named Felin. So now I have two Grass Types on my Team of four, let's see how far they take me =3

• White-Out = Game Over
  • May only capture female Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is male, tough luck.

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 1
  1. Quistis the Chikorita lvl 11 (Starter)
  2. Elice the Hoothoot lvl 14 (Route 31)
  3. Zita the Gastly lvl 9 (Sprout Tower)
  4. Felin the Bellsprout lvl 6 (Route 32)

✖ Winry the Pidgey lvl 8 (Route 29) [Killed by a Hoothoot that was then captured]
Old 04-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Aww, rest in peace, Winry.

Don't worry, I took quite a few casualties in the beginning also.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

NOOO
NOT WINRY ;-;

Well maybe you can use that murderer to your advantage?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Altrius Offline

*Gangster accent*

Winry was weak, foolish and couldn't stand up to the challenge. This Nuzlocke isn't just any old Nuzlocke. Its hardmode. Survival of the fittest. The killers survive. Winry couldn't bring herself to stay alive long enough. Good riddence.

Elice is stronger, and will serve you well :)
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Haven't posted in a few days, but that's because I was GRIIIIINNNDIIIIIIINNNNG. Holy crap, Hoothoot takes a crapton of experience to level up what would take some of my mons half the time, or less! Noentheless, I accomplished what I set out to complete, level Elice up to level 20 before facing Falkner, and wouldn't you know it, Hoothoot evolves at level 20. I didn't know it evolved that early before playing this Nuzlocke, so cool, my first evolved Pokémon. Then I grinded for an hour with Quistis and got her up five levels so that she evolved as well, giving me two evolutions so far. Add to that a little levelling with Felin, and then I challenged the Violet City Gym Leader, Falkner.

For a Gym leader, he had some rather...weak Pokémon (but we all knew this). Elice DESTROYED the Pidgey in a single hit, and the Pidgeotto took two hits before it went down. So now the murderer has earned a slot on my team, having made up for killing Winry. Guess Elice was the Contender Winry could never be.

So, with the badge and new TM (Roost) in hand, I headed out of the Gym, only to get a call from Prf. Elm about the Egg. Seems he wanted me to have it, and his assistant was in the Pokémart ready to deliver it. A quick stop in the mart and I had myself a Pokémon Egg (which I am hoping will hatch into a female, of course). Now with a roster of five (sorta), I headed south out of town.

The man blocking my way before handed me the Miracle Seed I wanted from him, so I put that on Quistis to power up her moves, and started training up Zita a little. So far, I've only raised her up one level, but it's a start, right?

Hoping to go for another badge tomorrow, and hopefully with some more mons to add to my Team.

• White-Out = Game Over
  • May only capture female Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is male, tough luck.

Number of Gym Badges: 1

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 1
  1. Quistis the Bayleef lvl 16 (Starter)
  2. Elice the Noctowl lvl 20 (Route 31)
  3. Zita the Gastly lvl 10 (Sprout Tower)
  4. Felin the Bellsprout lvl 12 (Route 32)
  5. (Togepi) Egg (Given in Violet City)

✖ Winry the Pidgey lvl 8 (Route 29) [Killed by a Hoothoot that was then captured]
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Was there really any doubt about Elice beating Falkner's birds? You already knew she was capable of it. ^^'
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
UberLugia Offline

Wow this stuff is rough. I might try this either today or tommorow. Well not as hard as your are doing but slightly easier.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Huh, been almost ten days since I posted, huh? I should've posted sooner, but I did so little in the game for a while. Bunch of stuff to do, you guys understand. Anyway, back to business ^^.

So after beating Falkner's butt, I started heading south, feeling pretty on top of the world. I mean, it was great. One badge down, and after so much grinding, the heavy defeat I handed Falkner felt pretty worth it. The trainers south of Violet City were really nothing, perfect grind-fodder, if you ask me. Even Felin was having an easier time leveling up than before, thanks to the fisherman further south. But it was still slow progress. Nonetheless, I reached the Pokémon Center at the bottom of the route, and headed into Union Cave.

Of course, I don't expect to see Female Pokémon first very often, even after all the luck I had getting a full Team (almost). Still, it was quite a surprise when a Female Onix popped up. First thought on my mind was like "CATCH IT!" So I got it down to low health...and, well, the Pokéball pop began. I tossed both Great Balls at it, a Net Ball, and every single one of my Pokéballs at it, with no success, save for the second to last Pokéball. I nearly lost my chance at that find! Nonetheless, the almost-last Pokéball succeeded, and I had a new Onix, Yolanda. With a new partner in the last slot on the Team, I thrashed through the cave pretty easily, grabbing all the items I saw along the way.

Outside the cavern exit...it was pouring rain. Like, HARD. Got soaked in seconds. Still, there was one trainer, and a grass. I fought the trainer first, an easy Hiker, before tackling the grass. Once more, I was surprised. A female Ekans, what luck! Ekans might not be all THAT good, but hey, another Team member! And so we added Janis to the Team, and transferred her to the box. Next stop, Azalea Town.

I watched a crook yell at an old man, making him run off. The stupid cap and the red R on his uniform front told me all I needed to know...It was Halloween all of a sudden, and this guy was dressing up as a member of a Team of idiots, Team Rocket! What fun! I wondered what costume I should get for that night, only to look at my Pokégear and see the date. April 6th. WTF? It's definitely not Halloween! So what's this guy's deal, eh? Confused and suspicious, I made my way into the town.

Healing and item-buying down, I decided it was now time...to GRIND!

*insert epic Rocky music here*

That took six days, due to complications, but as soon as I felt sufficiently grinded up for Bellsprout, Bayleef, and Gastly, the Egg decided to hatch. I eagerly anticipated the gender...only to see it was a male. Cursing silently, I walked all the way back to New Bark Town to show Prof. Elm how unamazing it was, then went aaaaaallll the way back to Route 33 and Azalea Town before giving it the boot (hey, I found a good mother for the thing, don't glare at me like that :P). Then I headed to Kurt the Pokéball Maker's house to see what's what. Turns out his daughter's Slowpoke was stolen and had its tail chopped off (OWIE!). So he decided to go teach the thugs a lesson. Concluding those idiots thought they really WERE Team Rocket, I sighed and headed out after the old man.

I found the well quite unguarded, leaving me plenty of room to clambor inside, to see Kurt had rushed in and hurt his back. But, never fear, I am here! Obviously, I was selected to go in his stead, as the main character, so I said f*** it and went in after them.

Turns out they DID think they were Team Rocket, but they were easy to beat. Two Rocket members down, three to go, and I happened upon...a female Zubat as the first one inside! I was buggy-eyed at this point; why has fate chosen to feed me all these lucky catches? Getting suspicious of fate and her partner-in-crime destiny, I caught Sonya the Zubat and beat up the rest of the Rockets, telling them to get the Hell out of Dodg- wait...no, Azalea, that's it.

With that taken care of, it was time for more grinding! At least that's what my watch said. I said screw it and went into the Gym; whatever grinding Elice needed could be gained by thrashing little bug-loving brats. And boy oh boy, did I THRASH me some bug-loving brats. Elice was quite prepared for Bugsy, who was a polite kid, but still a bug-loving brat who needed a thrashing!

Thrashing delivered (boy, I love the word "thrash" tonight), I headed out and healed up my Team to head out into Ilex forest...only to be stopped by someone irritating and angering...Ashura the Red-Haired Prick. He called me all kinds of weaksauce and challenged me to a match. What a mistake, since I destroyed every single one of his Pokémon with just Elice! Even after defeat he called me weak and walked off like he'd proven a fact to me or won, or something.

Prick.

So I went into Ilex forest and helped this incompetent kid get back two Farfetch'd that his Master owned (not doing such a good apprentice job, kid...), gaining the Cut HM. Figuring I wasn't the kind of person who felt it necessary for self-mutilation, I instead decided to be a tree-murderer and maliciously slashed at a nearby thin tree. Boy, that was evilly satisfying. After that, I decided it was time to start grinding up my other, weaker mons. So I pulled out my Onix first. After capturing a female Paras (yet another female first-find, wtf?), an Oddish popped out. Well, I knew Onix couldn't take that, but I had her at least Screech the thing to make it easier for Sonya, my Zubat, to take it out. Unfortunately, that was the only thing Onix ever did. After that Screech, Oddish used absorb to absorb her ssoooouuuuull! In fear, I sent out, not Sonya, but Elice to tear it apart. Little soul-sucking bastard died, but it took Yolanda with it. She will be missed.

The rest of Ilex Forest wasn't bad at all. Taught Quistis and Janis (my Ekans) Headbutt, saw a Kimono Girl be TOTALLY lost, and found myself out on Route 34. I stepped into the grass and BAM! Female Drowzee. After the death of Yolanda, I wondered what those sneaky crooks Fate and Destiny were up to with that one, before capturing Luna. I then came across the Daycar, and I grinned. Sonya and Janis were weak and hard to level on their own without the time-consuming switcheroo tactic, so I popped both of them into the Daycare for levels; hey, I could pay it.

And for you sick-minded loonies out there, NO, they were not interested in each other, so don't ask >:(

So, we finally entered Goldenrod. Quite a big city. My eyes were on only three buildings, however. The Pokémon Center, the Gym, and the Radio Tower (the latter because it was so freakin' tall I saw it from inside Ilex Forest, and you can't see ANYTHING from in there). Turns out the Gym was closed while the Gym Leader was out, so I went to the Radio Tower (taking note of the Rocketeer outside) and did their contest thingie to get the Radio Card. Cool, Radio on the Run. Then I was approached by a spastic, pink-haired girl spazzing about my win. The real shocker was that she was the Gym Leader (isn't she too young for that sort of thing?). With my Radio Card in hand, I decided to be...*dons sunglasses* daring.

Without grinding, I'd take on the entire Gym.

Yeah, I already dug the graves for all of us, before you ask.

So I went in and thrashed the competition with Quistis before confronting the child herself. She seemed really giddy I showed up, and proceeded into the battle. First up, a cute wittle Clefairy. Of course she would choose the cute Normal-Type Pokémon, it's just her style. So I took my time with Quistis, giving a Razor Leaf and a Reflect to prepare for anything bad.

Then she used Metronome.

I shrugged and was all, "Oh cute, wag your finger, and I bet it's gonna be Growl, or Stealth Rock, or Confusion, or something like th- HOLY FRAKING GOD HYPER BEAM AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH."

[For those wondering, I uttered something akin to that line in real life when it happened this morning, while sitting in the waiting area of a plasma-donating lab for my brother. I startled a lot of people with that, but hey, afterwards I had quite the audience, so I wasn't embarrassed, heh.]

I thought Quistis was done for. As I flipped off the two evil sisters responsible (fate and destiny, for those not keeping up), I looked back down to see that Quistis survived with one tiny bit under half health. Breathing a sigh of relief, I used Synthesis and finished off the Clefairy. SO with cutesy out of the way, I knew it was time for the throwdown. And sure enough, out came Scrappy the Miltank.

This thing was...guh. Tedious. Annoying. The thing has insane HP, very high defenses, and more attack than any of my mons had at the time, I'm sure. The Reflect sure saved my life, a LOT. First, I switched in my newly-evolved Felin to smack it with Stun Spore, then switched back to Quistis for the damaging parts. And yeesh, even with a Critical Hit from Razor Leaf, the damn thing didn't go down to half health. Not to mention I had to keep using Reflect every so often and keep an eye on Quistis' HP to know when to use Synthesis; only four left, after all. I knew Whitney had two Super Potions, but I was prepared for those. Thankful for the occassional freeze from full paralysis, I smacked the Miltank over and over, making Whitney use both Super Potions before getting Miltank to the red again. I had this match in the bag.

"Miltank used Milk Drink."

"J'AW-...K-...DAMN IT GO TA HELL!"

This thing LOVED its milk. Often used Milk Drink until it was guaranteed at full HP before coming at me again. I used all my Syntheses and Razor Leaves, as well as a few Headbutts, before the darn thing went down for good. I was fist-pumping in joy, I finally beat this chil-

...Wait, why is she crying? She's actually crying? Damn it girl...Disappointed she wouldn't give me a badge, I walked away a few steps before turning around and slapping some sense into her. She got angry and threw the badge and the TM at me before telling me to get out or she'd tell mommy. Didn't wanna stay in there anyway, really, so I left quite happily.

With that done, I headed North. Tuesday means the Bug Catching Contest, and I loooooved that one; I'd capture the first one I saw if it was a female, or I'd capture the first female I saw and then end the contest, but release it afterwards. The contest began, I stepped into the grass...

Female Pinsir.

My mouth would have fallen off at this point in a cartoon, ladies and gentlemen. This luck was quite unbelievable, but welcome nonetheless. I got Pinsir to half health, put it to sleep, and chucked a good 15 Park Balls at the damn thing before it finally allowed itself to be caught. With my Pinsir, I headed over to the judge for the results. Turns out I won, so yay.

Pinsir in hand, I decided I might as well try something different: The Pokéathlon! I loved this when I first played SS with mons I wasn't forced to use, but rather preferred to use. This time, it would be different, however. Nuzlocke offers interesting challenges, and I wanted to see how it would affect my Pokéathlon playing.

Honestly, I think I did better with this Team than the first time I played SS. I got the medals for all five categories pretty much in a row. Took all day, along with breaks and stuff, but hey, I did it, and I'm happy. Plus, Pinsir was a participant in every category, so he had first-place entries in all five categories, the requirements for the second-to-last room beneath the Pokéathlon Dome. Now I just need to get the records in every single event I have yet to have a record in to get the last room to be unlocked.

Done with the Pokéathlon for now, I decided to take out the Sudowoodo blocking the view and the path. On the way, I was denied a Pokémon for Route 35, due to a male Nidoran showing up. But then I saw a female Nidoran on Route 36 just above the Cut(-murder) tree, and caught it happily. I wished I could just Cut and take care of the tree-wannabee, but as a Rock-Type, Cut wouldn't cut through a Sudowoodo. So I destroyed it with Elice.

I took a trip back to the daycare to switch out Sonya and Janis for Elina the Paras and Tgana the Nidoran♀, and came back up to Route 37 before ending for the night after fighting two Double-Battles. Things are getting better and better, and quite entertaining, too, but one thing is certain...

I am scared of why fate and destiny gave me so much luck. How will they balance this and give me the due retribution...

And when?

• White-Out = Game Over

Number of Gym Badges: 3

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 3
  1. Quistis the Bayleef lvl 21 (Starter)
  2. Elice the Noctowl lvl 23 (Route 31)
  3. Zita the Gastly lvl 20 (Sprout Tower)
  4. Felin the Weepinbell lvl 22 (Route 32)
  5. Luna the Drowzee lvl 10 (Route 34)
  6. Daisura the Pinsir lvl 14 (National Park Bug Catching Competition]

Stored in Pokémon Box System
  • Janis the Ekans lvl 19 (Route 33)
  • Sonya the Zubat lvl 20 (Slowpoke Well)

At the Daycare
  • Elina the Paras lvl 5 (Ilex Forest)
  • Tgana the Nidoran lvl 12 (Route 36)

✖ Roger the Togepi lvl 1 (Route 33) [Hatched and turned out to be a Male. Had to let the poor baby go]
✖ Yolanda the Onix lvl 6 (Ilex Forest) [Killed by an Oddish in the first battle she started training in]