Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Did Nintendo Sabotage 3DS with Pokemon Black & White?

Modojo on Business Insider asked if the popular release of Pokemon Black and White for the DS, negatively affected the sale of the new Nintendo 3DS system, introduced March 27 in North America. It's the day after the 3DS launch, and we

More...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: Did Nintendo Sabotage 3DS with Pokemon Black & White?

For some reason I think the fact that Pokemon BW isn't on the 3DS is a sign not many people are expecting the 3DS to be a hit as Nintendo is thinking it will be. Usually a new generation is released with a new generation system but BW seems to go against that. I know they want to game to be open to everybody but it just seems like they are saying that because not even Gamefreak believes that the new system will do good.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Most people who haven't brought the 3DS have said it was the price tag that shunned them away. The same thing happened to the PS3 when it first launched, but now the PS3 is faring much better.

I honestly think they're being pessimistic.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

That is an irrational statement. Did one think that Black and White could possibly just be a filler? I mean, to be honest, they only changed enough in B&W to make it seem fresh. It is my personal belief that they are going to come out with something much more impressive.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Skylands Offline

To be honest, I despised the 3DS as soon as I first saw it. Its creation is just Nintendo being a cash cow.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

I have mixed feeling about the Nintendo 3DS I think it will be a great handheld due to the fact that it has many great new features and a new leading technology (3D) leading gaming in a whole new direction. I think there will be a Pokemon game shortly after the 3DS full release.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
To be honest, I despised the 3DS as soon as I first saw it. Its creation is just Nintendo being a cash cow.
Everything Nintendo does is cash cow, that doesn't mean it's bad.

In any case, like Neo said, it's probably all in the numbers. Give it a bit of time and some more releases and they'll be flying off the shelves.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Master Zorua Offline

I myself don't see myself buying one anytime soon. The PS3 was one thing considering how much hardware was in it. However, I refuse to pay more for a handheld system or any portable electronic gadget than I would pay for an XBox 360 or a used PS3.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
I myself don't see myself buying one anytime soon. The PS3 was one thing considering how much hardware was in it. However, I refuse to pay more for a handheld system or any portable electronic gadget than I would pay for an XBox 360 or a used PS3.
I hear where your coming from, the 3DS does have a pretty penny tag on it, But I mainly think it's because of the new gaming generation technologies used in it, and the fancy little upgrades.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Lol I'm laughing at the fact they said they should have waited and ported Pokemon BW to the 3DS before it's release. Honestly, if they had done that, I wouldn't have bothered to even buy the system. Let alone the games, just to play them.

Even if I do have the money to do so, honestly not worth it. Black and White would have sold a LOT less if they had to buy it for a new system. Numbers would be cut to a 1/4th of what they were in the initial release. The price tag on the 3DS really isn't worth it in my opinion.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Lol I'm laughing at the fact they said they should have waited and ported Pokemon BW to the 3DS before it's release. Honestly, if they had done that, I wouldn't have bothered to even buy the system. Let alone the games, just to play them.

Even if I do have the money to do so, honestly not worth it. Black and White would have sold a LOT less if they had to buy it for a new system. Numbers would be cut to a 1/4th of what they were in the initial release. The price tag on the 3DS really isn't worth it in my opinion.
I agree with you Teo, it would be unfair to try and force players to upgrade there DS and buy the 3DS just to be able to play a new generation Pokemon game, it would have been tempting for me, but regardless I think I would have bought one, I plan on buying one a little bit latter down the road, there has been a complaint about unusual eye strain for the 3DS and in younger children it could have physical digestive symptoms due to the 3D depth, it was confirmed by ESRB. Pretty interesting stuff lol
Old 03-31-2011, 03:38 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

XD I find it kind of funny I'm the first 3DS owner to reply here...

Anyway, it porting B/W to the 3DS in the Us would have made no sense, because they certainly didn't do that in Japan, since B/W was realeased quite a bit earlier. Now that I think about it, it might have been just plain bad planning/time taken to translate and clean up the game(and whatever else they do) for the U.S. release.

As a 3DS owner only because of my b-day being the month before and it being the only thing I really thought to ask for, the price tag can be a bit of a turn-down, but as it's been mentioned before, they added a lot of extra tech to the 3DS and it's the first system to produce 3D without glasses. I am a bit disappointed that there was almost no extras to use with the first system update, including no Flipnote or internet browser, all that got loaded on the first update was an OK Go music video that displayed the 3D pretty well, but that's about it. I do, however think that people automatically trashing the system isn't right, though. It's repeatedly managed to amaze me with awesome graphics, and the AR games are a very interesting and cool concept, I actually had my very skeptical stepdad laughing at the archery game as the graphics system actually had the dining room table moving like a freaking trampoline. Hopefully maybe the price will come down for those who are turned off by the price, because it's a truly amazing handheld. And for the record, I have yet to have any beyond normal eyestrain issues with mine.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

Having tested the 3DS in store and learning a shocking statistic that 1 in 5 people may not be able to see the 3D properly (The guy who was supposed to be selling it told us he had a lazy eye, so it just doesn't work for him) and that youngsters/adults who aren't used to playing computer games may suffer from headaches/migraines, I'm really not surprised it's not performing to Nintendo's previous standards.
I also noted that it has to be at just the right angle for the 3D to come through and when you're pressing buttons (I tested on Street Fighter) the screen moves so you lose the 3D anyway.
I will stick with my much more impressive DSi XL.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
XD I find it kind of funny I'm the first 3DS owner to reply here...
Oh, hello there.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Lol, figures Neo Emolga would have one =P

I'm still going to wait for a while before I get one. Usually after six months to a year, the price of a used DS system drops considerably. And there would be only one singular reason I would ever consider getting a 3DS: