Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Has your opinion of any BW Pokemon changed after playing?

Zebstrika which is odd as:
I love horses, I love any type of horse type pokemon, but it and it's starting form..just didn't strike me as zebra enough. Something about the muzzle I think, where it looked like they were trying too hard to turn it into a pokemon vs. letting a pokemon horse type be a pokemon horse ah la Ponyta and Rapidash...

Now I love it's Motor Drive..but I really still hate its face *sigh*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

Litwick and its evolutions.
I thought that they were just silly-looking ghost Pokemon in the style of Drifloon and Drifblim. But imagine my surprise when most every time I battle my friend during our playthrough, I get my butt handed to me by it.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 03-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Initial reaction:
Current reaction:
Future reaction:
Now:

At first, there were only pictures. Yea, some of them were odd and crazy concepts and even similar to Pokemon we already had. Now, with the game in hand, these Pokemon suddenly have character. Depth. The Pokedex tells me who they are and gives a reason for them to be a Pokemon. And because of this, I can accept them into the Pokemon Universe. Except that ice cream Pokemon.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post

Now:

At first, there were only pictures. Yea, some of them were odd and crazy concepts. Now, with the game in hand, these Pokemon suddenly have character. Depth. The Pokedex tells me who they are and give me a reason for them to be a Pokemon. And because of this, I can accept them into the Pokemon Universe. Except that ice cream Pokemon.

~Jack~
Yeah, the Pokedex definitely has a lot to do with me warming up to them as well. I read some of the entries and started thinking, "Oh yeah, that actually makes sense. That design doesn't seem so ludicrous now."

But yeah, Vanillite and its evolutions still look stupid as hell.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 03-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
Yeah, the Pokedex definitely has a lot to do with me warming up to them as well. I read some of the entries and started thinking, "Oh yeah, that actually makes sense. That design doesn't seem so ludicrous now."

But yeah, Vanillite and its evolutions still look stupid as hell.
Hey! I don't see why everyone has to bash on one of my favorite pokemon. I don't get how He looks so stupid even if he is just a simple little ice cream cone.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Vanillite is one of my favorite pokemon, I loved the idea before and I love it even better now :D

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
Hey! I don't see why everyone has to bash on one of my favorite pokemon. I don't get how He looks so stupid even if he is just a simple little ice cream cone.
Heh, sorry. I just have a hard time looking at the ridiculous facial expressions. That, and the idea of an ice cream cone Pokemon is a little odd. Granted, I suppose it's no more odd than a magnet Pokemon or a garbage bag Pokemon, it's just that I find the Vanillite family's designs to be a bit... poorly executed.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck View Post
Heh, sorry. I just have a hard time looking at the ridiculous facial expressions. That, and the idea of an ice cream cone Pokemon is a little odd. Granted, I suppose it's no more odd than a magnet Pokemon or a garbage bag Pokemon, it's just that I find the Vanillite family's designs to be a bit... poorly executed.
Yeah, I thought it was a little dumb at first too, but then I grew to really like it's facial expressions and googly eyes because it makes it more cartoony and pokemon like. xD Plus I tend to run Ice Type competitive teams so it's not like I could just ignore it. He was to become my Bro before he was created. LOL

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

I have to say yes.
I was honestly in two minds about whether or not I even wanted to buy the games for this generation.
I'm 25 and when I saw some of the Pokemon initially I was seriously debating whether or not age had caught up with me and Pokémon was starting to lose it's charm.
But here we are, 3 weeks and 1 day after the UK release and I love it.
I think I actually like how much harder it has seemed than previous generations.
I like the Pokémon I initially thought were ridiculous (bar the Ice-Cream and Rubbish Bag lines).
All in all, despite this generation following pretty much the same story as all of it's older siblings, I have become smitten by Gen V.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Closed Thread