Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn
Default Ifle Chapters: The Rise and Fall of Asmosia [Ready for Grading]

Ifle Chapters: The Rise and Fall of Asmosia [Now Ready for Grading]
A Tale by Rinn
Characters: 20,846
Target Pokemon: Kecleon

Asmosia is known to be the first floating city in existance. The city was built for a new region in the Pokemon world, a region known as Ifle. It wasn't until the first year of the 3000th era that the city began to float above ground. It was rumored that the city was built on the burial grounds of a legendary ghost-type Pokemon in Ifle, known as Bispiri, and that the power Bispiri had possessed was causing the city to float. The Devlin Corporation, a company known throughout Ifle as a providing source of energy and power, decided to take to the skies too, with their newest idea. Sealing the city up in a bubble, the Devlin Corp set up shop in Asmosia City, pumping it with enough energy and power to keep the bubble around it. And for many years, this is how things were.

It was the year 3025... That's when it happened. Devlin Corp announced that it was packing up on Asmosia. That meant no more power, no more energy. And no power, and no energy, meant no bubble. And that? That meant no existance. People were in a flurry, evacuating the city as fast as they could, spreading to other areas of Ifle. A few select people, however, stayed in Asmosia, flocking to the sewers as a form of shelter. The seasons became confused with no more bubble around the city; Asmosia became victim of the never-ending-winter, a tale spun around campfires all over the Pokemon world for many years. Included in the sewer civillians was a region-renound scientists, Proffessor Willows, and in the year 3027, she had created the perfect solution to living on Asmosia; splicing. With the tools she salvaged, Proff. Willows spliced over thirty Asmosian refugees, all with their own respective Pokemon. Since Pokemon could live on Asmosia without the bubble surrounding it, a human spliced with Pokemon DNA could live on the city easily. At first, it was speculated that Proffessor Willows was simply ludacris, but after the first week, she was praised, going down in Asmosian history and becoming the new founder of the reborn city.

And then splicing backfired. In 3032, the spliced civillians of Asmosia began to change. Quite a few had been reported dead, and a large amount missing. It was then revealed to the masses that a few of the 'Splicers', as they called themselves, had negative effects to the operation, often being driven to insanity and going on a spree of mass murder. This lasted until life was barren again on Asmosia. Well, nearly all life. There was the odd survivor, struggling to rebuild life, struggling to recreate a broken dream.

I was one of the survivors. Me, Rinn Crowther. I sat on top of Asmosia's old Devlin Corp building and peered down at the snowy, desolate city below, listening for any signs of life with my sensitive ears. My nose twitched as I strained to pick up the scent of any other form of life down there... There was, again, nothing. Life had become lonely up here on Asmosia. It was nearly impossible to get back down to the rest of Ifle, now, what with the energy supplied elevators broken and the fact that Asmosia was so high up in the air. It was impossible for any human to survive on the back of their Pokemon up in Asmosia, though the Pokemon itself could easily fly up. Somedays, I believed that even that would be good enough.

I kicked at some of the snow that had collected on the roof of the Devlin Corp building, sending it flying over the edge and blistering to the ground below. I heard it come into contact with the heavy layer of snow coating the streets and imagined if I myself were to fall that far... It was unthinkable. I pushed down the goggles on my head, to shield myself from the soon to be snowstorm and adjusted the beanie I had on, making sure that my ears were comfortable in the holes I had cut. I zipped up my jumper and walked over to the edge of the building, staring down into the snow-covered abyss below. And then I jumped.

The fall itself was long, and arduous, and half way down the freezing air was attacking what was exposed of my skin. I decided that now was as good of time as any, directing myself towards the nearest rooftop. It was in reaching distance, now; I stuck out an arm as I fell passed, latching onto the roof and wrapping my fingers around it. The velocity jerked me upwards, and I expertly maneuvered my body around myself, seemingly slowing down time as I flipped over, planting my feet firmly on the roof. I pushed out a harsh breath of air, watching as it turned into near ice in the air before disappearing, leaving without a trace. And then I sighed. I had landed on top of an old metal working company, one that I planned on raiding and finding anything of use to create more of my sewer-city. A few of my kind had been living with me under the sewers, not many of us, four or five I'd say, and we took it in turns to salvage for material to use. Regardless of weather or not it was my turn, I'd always been out on the surface, looking for anything I could use.

I swiftly walked to the front of the roof, peering over and seeing the entrance to the building. Taking a small run up, I again dived off the much smaller roof, spinning around to face the door. As if nothing out of the ordinary had happened, I walked straight into the old metal working factory and my vision immediately changed, adapting to the dark and picking up objects normal humans wouldn't be able to see in such light. Having spliced DNA was surely helping my cause, here. I began to grab certain parts of metal, parts that looked interesting, parts that looked different to the ones that we already had. I loaded my bag full, and expanded the size of it with new technology Asmosia had learnt just before the Devlin Corp had left. When I decided my work was done, I fled the scene, and just in time, too. As I leapt onto the roof, kicking off and jumping out of sight onto another roof nearby, I noticed three lights appear where I just was, each moving around the roof and the factory. My eyes tracked down the source of the lights; it was scouters from 'Her' army. Now it was serious.

I jumped down from the roof and began to sprint, at first on just two legs, but then on all fours. My beanie fell off my head, and I had to strain at an unusual length to grab it before it would have been left behind. I took a right at the PokeMart, and headed straight for a sewage drain I saw up ahead; nearing it, I jumped, lunging for it. I grabbed hold of one of the drain bars and flipped over it, landing on my back and sliding across the snowy street floor, lifting the drain open. With the bars on the ground, I kicked my feet up, pushing my palm flat against it and diving straight down the hole, pulling the drain closed as my feet hit the metal stairs I had constructed.

I was finally home. Reaching for the wall, I grabbed a candle, lighting it off the already lit candle on the other side of the ladder I was supposed to climb down. I looked down into the city I had built; I had named it UnderAsmosia, although most of the people living down here with me simply liked to call it Refuge. A few of the other Splicers and I had created a metal/concrete flooring mixture, to go over the sewage water which we figured was no longer needed by our society. If Asmosia was reinhabited, the floor could easily be destroyed and the sewers could carry on as if they hadn't been changed. But for the time being, this was our city. The other Splicers and I had created stairs, a few buildings out of various materials salvaged from Asmosia, and a few homes for our community to live in. Other than that, Refuge was a fairly bland place. The entire city only really became fun during the dead of night. Only an hour away until I could really go out and have fun.

I passed a few people I knew on my way to the PokeCenter we had built, and a few of the people I passed had helped me build it. I smiled, and waved at the various Splicers I passed; one, a woman spliced with a Flygon. The other, a man spliced with a Tyranitar. Monsters, was what we were. Proud, and valiant, yet monsters non-the-less. We had become creations of man, much like what surrounded us. It was unnatural. I plodded into the PokeCenter nursing a wound on my hand, a wound I had sustained trying to skillfully open the drain to my home. The nurse took one look at me and smiled, scanning over a chip embedded in my palm. Details came up on the screen, listing what species of Pokemon I was spliced with, what my age was since my splice operation, and what my age was before the operation.

Last edited by Rinn; 12-19-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Ifle Chapters: The Rise and Fall of Asmosia

Rinn Crowther
Eevee, (M)
Those two details were the only two things that I really paid attention whenever this occured, just to make sure that I was still what I believed I was. An Eevee, human splice. I had, over time, come to accept myself as normal. But I knew I was simply the result of a completely inhumane experiment. I had, however, signed up for it myself. I knew what I was getting myself into when I put my name down on that piece of paper. Nurse Beth smiled at me as she handed me a tub full of ointment and some bandages, both for my wound. I smiled back as I put them in my pocket and walked out of the PokeCenter, coming face to face with my own creation. Refuge. I checked the clock on the walls of the sewer, the clock we had constructed and made work with no fresh energy; we had saved a can or two, only for essential things such as the PokeCenter, but I felt the clock was essential enough for it's own can. The clock read 11:55 PM. Oh how time flies when you're having fun. I realized it was nearly midnight and I bolted towards the stairs I had just descended, not wanting to miss a minute of hunting time. As I reached the stairs, I grabbed the railing and threw myself over it, landing five steps higher than I would've if I ran around. I began to tear up the stairs, determined to make it outside before the drains locked at 12:00 PM exactly. I glanced at the clock quickly; 11:59 PM. I didn't have long. I could see the drain ladder up ahead, so I knew I was close. When I reached it, I flung myself at the drain, knocking it open and closing it with my foot just at the last second; I heard the locks click into place, and in the distance a bell rung, indicating only one thing. It was time.

My feet landed and my body adjusted to the cold, snow filled streets of Asmosia. The wind threw itself at my face, stinging me, burning me, whipping me. I grinned. A torch-light whizzed past my head, and I launched myself up into the air, landing on the nearest roof and running as fast as I could. Being a Splicer got you a few extra powers, along with the powers you get from the Pokemon's DNA you're spliced with. I pushed my right arm out, pointing a finger towards the ground and allowing a bright red, burning hot ball form on the tip, before flicking my finger out and sending the ball crashing into the ground, blowing up slightly and burning any living, breathing thing to come in contact with it. This was my fire blast. Not much, but for now it'd do. Until I got some upgrades...

I was suddenly hit from the left, a bolt of lightning striking my torso and whipping me off the roof. I hit the ground hard, smacking my head on the frozen concrete and splitting skin. As I pushed myself up, I felt at my head, feeling the by now familiar moistness that meant blood. It was gushing from my skull, but I wasn't too worried. It'd heal, and very soon. I did, however, need to keep moving. Another lightning bolt whizzed by my head and I spun around, looking for the source of these bolts of burning electricity. They were coming from a young male, spliced with an Electabuzz. He was running towards me, though I doubt he'd seen much of me. I could see, in the various torch lights that were pointing towards both him and myself, his uniform. Black boots, light grey, long pants, a light grey shirt with black body armour over it and a visored helmet, black in colour. The only reason I could tell he was spliced with an Electabuzz was due to his fists, and the black and yellow tail flowing from his back. It was bristling with electricity. I grinned at him, before charging, opening my mouth as my eyes rolled back into my head, leaving only white in my eye sockets. A bright light began to form in my mouth, and no quicker than it had formed was it soaring towards the Electabuzz Splicer at high speed. It hit, square in the chest, burning straight through the man, leaving a hole the size of a fist in him. I grinned, cracking my neck as I turned and started running again.

I had, by now, killed at least four of Her scouters, and I could see a few of Her warriors in the distance. It was getting a little bit too out of hand for me, and I could see that she was training a few new scouters. The human that was spliced with both a Cradily and an Armaldo was particularly tough to take down. He referred to himself as a Greater Splicer, being spliced with the DNA of two powerful Pokemon. I dispatched of him with another one of my Lightning Beams. It hit hit straight in the face. It was messy. I jumped from rooftop to rooftop, avoiding bubble beam after bubble beam, razor leaf after razor leaf, flamethrower after flamethrower. I was in the middle of scaling a large building, when something out of the ordinary caught my eye. A transparent Lizard-looking Pokemon perched on the roof, staring down at me. I looked it straight in the eye... And it ran off. I jumped up to the top of the roof, too, looking for any signs of it. I couldn't see anything, at first, but then I looked to the ground; footprints. Tiny footprints. Leading in one direction; edge of the city.

I began to run as fast as I could, jumping down from the roof and rolling along the roof of the city Museum, diving off and onto the ground. I passed two full rows of Her scouters, but I simply ignored them. This was the first sign of life other than the usual Splicers in the sewers that I had seen in years. I wasn't about to let it pass, just like that. I could see the edge of the city from where I was; the line where the city abruptly ends, and the three-hundred and seventy-eight feet drop below it to Ifle. And, just in front of that line, the Pokemon I was chasing. I skidded to a halt, a few strides in front of the Pokemon, shielded from Her army by a single wall of a building. I edged closer to the Pokemon, holding out my hand... It bit me. I yelped slightly, then growled at it, beginning to lose my temper. This could be bad. It went from transparent, to black, to green in the blink of an eye, and there in front of me was a Kecleon, stood in the snow, a Christmas hat on it's head. I, too, had replaced my ordinary beanie for a Santa hat, my Eevee ears poking through makeshift holes in the sides. The Kecleon simply looked at me, tilting it's head to the right and making an odd sort of noise. I tilted my head with it, staring into it's eyes until a ball of fire narrowly missed my head, hitting the Kecleon square in the chest and knocking it over the edge of Asmosia. I cried out, lunging at the Kecleon and falling off the floating city, too. I reached out for the edge with my left hand, latching on with two fingers, the Kecleon holding onto my free hand with both of its own. More fire balls cannoned out overhead, followed by bullets fired from a gun. The Kecleon had changed to match it's surroundings, so now was pitch black like the sky, and skin coloured on it's hands where it was holding my hand. I looked at it, momentarily, before flinging it onto Asmosia and grabbing the edge of the city with both hands, throwing myself up and over, landing on both feet and snarling at Her workers. A few Greater Splicers jumped at me, but I was too quick, moving to the side and allowing them to fall to their deaths. After dispatching of a few more, I came toe to toe with a Splicer I hadn't seen before; a Splicer I couldn't even see now.

The first punch got me from behind. I turned around to see who hit me, and I was struck again, this from from the front. I saw footprints, yet no physical body; so I hit out. And I got lucky, my fist smashing against the face of a Kecleon Splicer. I looked on in awe as his shiny, scaley skin turned from snow coloured to human coloured, and blood dripped from his nose. He looked at me, as I got on all fours, my eyes rolling into the back of my head.

"Well done, Rinn..."

I released my power, obliterating the Splicer and most of his army with one massive lightning bolt. When the lightning had disappeared, and I could once again see, I was out of breath on the ground. Blood was trickling from my mouth, but again, along with my head injury, I could deal with all of that when I returned to the sewers. When I returned home. I slowly got up, using boxes and walls around me to help me to my feet, and began stumbling in the direction of the nearest drain. I glanced at my wrist for the time; 1:01 AM. Hunting hour was over. I could return home. As I started to walk, I felt a tug on the bottom of my jeans. It was the Kecleon I had found. He had in his mouth a pendant that was soaked in blood. I picked it up, wiping the blood on the snow covered ground, leaving red lines in the pure white sheet, before lifting it to my face to examine it. It didn't look familiar. I looked down to thank the Kecleon, and he had gone. I growled, before turning and leaping onto the rooftops, staring straight at the moon... Time for me to go home.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Ifle Chapters: The Rise and Fall of Asmosia

I darted from rooftop to rooftop, through the blistering, freezing snow storm that I had managed to get myself caught up in. I had been awake for a full twenty-four hours, I'd gotten all of the materials I had been required to get, but for some reason I still felt like I had something to do on the surface. I just wasn't to sure as to what.

"Kekekeke" I heard from behind me, spinning around on my heels and coming face to face with the Kecleon I was previously in the presence of. I stared at him, momentarily, before he pointed at me, at my belt, and then back at him. Confused, I turned around, turning back to face the Kecleon with a confused look on my face. I had no idea what he...

"You want me to try and catch you?"

The Kecleon nodded, this time bearing it's teeth. I grinned, jumping back on the roof and eyeing him off. He made the first move, jumping at me and dragging his claws across my flesh. Blood seeped through my shirt, through my jumper as the Kecleon's claws pierced my skin, slicing it apart. I yelled out, batting the Kecleon away and sinking my sharp teeth into it's arm, hoping to wound it. The Kecleon fought back by biting my arm, and I released my grip, yelling out once more. It struck again whilst I was in pain, this time shadows forming around it's claws as it lunged at me. I managed to avoid the brutal Shadow Claw Kecleon was setting me up for, instead pointing at Kecleon and allowing a tiny, red hot ball to form on my finger. When Kecleon turned around I smiled, running at the little lizard and clenching my fist, allowing the red hot ball to engulf it. Then I punched Kecleon in the stomach, and we both went flying.

I pulled myself up from the rubble that my fire blast had caused and coughed, feeling the blood splatter against my hand as I began to push myself up to my feet. I blinked, hard, and when I opened my eyes, Kecleon was waiting for me, hitting me in the face with his shadow claw. The shadows dug into my skin, burning me, and I flew a little bit further back in the snow covered streets, streaking the ground with thick red lines. Pain surged through my body, telling me something was wrong. I'd have to use it... Kecleon was there again, this time blasting me with a psybeam, but I was too quick this time, rolling out of the way and covering myself with the snow. I waited for what seemed like hours, until I began to see tiny little footsteps in the snow leading up to me. My eyes began to roll back into my head, and I opened my mouth slightly, drawing in energy.

I opened my mouth a little bit more as the Kecleon faded into view, looking around to try and find me. And finally, I let the mighty lightning beam go as soon as the Kecleon had locked eyes on it's target. The lightning beam hit. There was a flash of blinding light. When the light had faded, and I looked over at where Kecleon was previously standing, there was just a crumpled heap on the ground. My lightning bolt had hit. Staggering to my feet, pulling myself up using the walls and rubble surrounding me, I wiped blood off my lip and reached down towards my belt, grabbing one of the small red and white balls attatched to it. As I pulled the PokeBall towards the Kecleon, I couldn't help but notice the similarities it had with the blood streaked snow... I threw it, and it opened up, engulfing my target Pokemon in a red, bright light. I stared at the PokeBall, watched as it rocked once... Twice...
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 PM
poke123 Offline

Default Re: Ifle Chapters: The Rise and Fall of Asmosia [Ready for Grading]

Finally getting back into grading. This looks like a great story. Expect a grade within the next 3 days.

EDIT: This week has been rough so I won't be able to get your grade up until this weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by poke123; 04-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.