Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Downtown Market

ASB: Downtown Market The Downtown Market of the ASB League. The place for all the League- and User-owned businesses. A place where you can do everything if you have the cash, from buying new Pokemon, evolving your current ones, and many more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium
Default Re: Dragon's Den

The Move Tutor

Ever wished your Garchomp could learn Dragon Dance? Or your Flareon could learn a great physical STAB move like Flare Blitz? Your lightning quick Rapidash could learn Extremespeed?

If yes, then this is just the place for you!

Here at the ASB Move Tutor, we teach your Pokemon moves that it can cannot learn naturally (through level up or via TMs/HMs or Egg moves), but learning these moves suit the Pokemon.

NOTE: A Pokemon may learn upto three Tutor Moves.

If you would like to have one of your Pokemon's moves exchanged, you may do so for half the normal price of the move.

All you need to do is to follow a few simple rules.

Rules
  • Fill the form below to apply for a move:
    Code:
    Pokemon you wish to teach the Move:
    Move you wish to teach:
    Reasons which support your Pokemon learning the chosen move:
  • Customers must post a link to their Trainer Stats while requesting approval for a move for verification purposes..
  • If your reasons are satisfactory enough, then your application will be approved.
  • Note: If the combination you want has already been approved before (see 2nd post for existing combinations), you do not need to get your choice approved. You may proceed to the next step without waiting for an approval of your choice of move.
  • Once your application is approved, you must pay a fee (see below for the price system). Register your purchase at the Bank as soon as you post.
  • Your Pokemon needs to stay here for 24 hours to learn the specified move, after which they can be claimed back.
  • Once the 24 hours are completed, register your Tutored move at the Registration Headquarters.
  • ASB Officials can overrule approvals if they think the choice of move is not feasible to learn. In such a case, your money will be refunded to you, provided you post here, with proof that the approval was overruled.
  • You must get approval of the Tutored Move before you can use it in battle.
  • All other ASB and PE2K rules apply as well.

Price System

We have two very simple formulae to calculate move prices.

Damage-Dealing Moves

Move Price = (BP/10*S) + EXP + A + P

BP = Base Power of Move
S = Stab Modifier (S = 1.5 if Pokemon has STAB and S = 1 if Pokemon does not have STAB)
EXP = Current Experience Level of Pokemon
A = Additional Effect Modifier (See below)
P = Move Priority

Useful Information and Links

Additional Effect Modifiers
A = +2 ; Attack decreases opponent's stat/increases user's stat by 2 stages
A = +1 ; Attack decreases opponent's stat/increases user's stat by 1 stage
A = -2 ; Attack increases opponent's stat/decreases user's stat by 2 stages
A = -1 ; Attack increases opponent's stat/decreases user's stat by 1 stage
A = -2 ; User has to recharge
A = +1; Attack has a chance to inflict a status on the opponent
A = +1; Attack has a chance to flinch the opponent (Includes Fake Out)
A = +3; Attack is Ancientpower/Ominous Wind/Silver Wind

Move Priority List
ASB Compendium

The ASB Compendium includes information on Pokemon Experience Levels (see ASB Stats Tab) and Attack Base Powers and Energy Modifiers (see Attacks Tab)

Note: Experience can change if you've used Rare Candies, so don't forget to mention it when you apply for a move, along with a link to your Trainer Stats.

One-Hit Knockout Moves

These include Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.
Their price is fixed at $27 + EXP

Example 1

Let us consider a Gengar, with no extra experience, trying to learn Shadow Sneak.
BP = 40 ; Gengar gains STAB so S = 1.5 ; EXP = 9 ; No Additional Effects, so A = 0 ; Shadow Sneak has priority +1, so P = 1
Move Price = (40/10)*1.5 + 9 + 0 + 1 = $16

Example 2

Consider a Tauros with no extra experience trying to learn Skull Bash.
BP = 100 ; S = 1.5 ; EXP = 8 ; Skull Bash raises defense by 1 stage so A = +! ; P = 0
Move Price = (100/10)*1.5 + 8 + 1 + 0 = $24

Non-Damaging Moves

Move Price = (M*3) + EXP

M = Energy Modifier for Move
EXP = Current Experience Level of Pokemon

Exceptions

There are currently eleven exceptions to this rule. Their prices have been pre-decided.

Magic Coat/Snatch/Substitute/Metal Burst/Counter/Mirror Coat - $12 + EXP
Destiny Bond/Perish Song/Curse/Grudge/Nightmare - $22 + EXP

Example 3

Consider a Munchlax, with no extra experience trying to learn Encore.
M = 3 ; EXP = 2
Move Price = (3*3) + 2 = $11

Income
$0

Move Tutor Officials
Iridium

<3

Last edited by Iridium; 03-14-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Hm.... question, how much would the Pokemon cost to buy?

I'd also like to point out that we don't actually have EMs. If a Pokemon can learn a move, then it can use it inherently.
I was thinking the Pokemon would cost one or so dollars less than normal, but nothing changed too much. I mean, they were already named, gendered, and abilitied by someone else, and (if the former owner had one set up) SM'd.

I could definantly take Pokemon off if I must.

Items would be about the same as they normally are, they cant be given names, genders, or abilities etc.

I'll take EM's off if I dont need to take Pokemon off, otherwise I will edit the Pokemon part out completely.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:14 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

This got rejected before, but I still like the idea so I'm going to try again.

ASB Type Changer
Ever wished your Charizard got STAB for Dragon Rage, or your Noctowl was recognized for its Psychic powers? Well, here's your chance!

Through a simple process, including an surgical implant of enhancers in the brain, your Pokémon's natural talent can be brought out so it can shine above the rest! Of course that implant, and the surgeons, cost us money, so they cost you money. But the fee is small, just $12! And our surgeons are the best! They've never lost a patient! Well, there was that one, but that one doesn't count, and that other one wasn't too good to begin with, and that other one…

The type you change it to will become the Pokémon's second type. In a Pokémon such as Charizard, which already has two types, the second type will be changed. So a Charizard could be changed from Fire/Flying to Fire/Dragon. In the case of Normal/Flying type Pokémon, such as Noctowl, the Normal would change, not the Flying, so a Noctowl could go from Normal/Flying to Psychic/Flying .

Fill out this form to get a type change approved
Pokémon:
Type Change: Type/Type -> Type/Type
Reasons:

Rules
  • If you convince me, your type change will be approved.
  • Check the second post to see if the combination you want has already been approved, and if it has you can skip to the next step.
  • After approval you must pay money. Yes, money. You were told about this before, don't act surprised. And don't forget to register it at the bank. It's $12.
  • The surgery and recovery will take 24 hours, so you can come back then, and your Pokémon will be better than new. Or of course you could wait here, but we don't have a waiting room, so you're just going to have to stand there.
  • After the surgery post the Type change at the Registration Headquarters. They can say that I'm an idiot and I shouldn't have done the surgery, and make me undo it, which can be done rather quickly, as we pretty much just rip out the implant do not wish to inconvenience you any longer, and your money will be refunded.
  • All other ASB and PE2K rules apply, because if they don't, I go to jail.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
I was thinking the Pokemon would cost one or so dollars less than normal, but nothing changed too much. I mean, they were already named, gendered, and abilitied by someone else, and (if the former owner had one set up) SM'd.

I could definantly take Pokemon off if I must.

Items would be about the same as they normally are, they cant be given names, genders, or abilities etc.

I'll take EM's off if I dont need to take Pokemon off, otherwise I will edit the Pokemon part out completely.
Sorry Kit, the UPD already has this covered now. Not approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

ASB Type Changer
Ever wished your Charizard got STAB for Dragon Rage, or your Noctowl was recognized for its Psychic powers? Well, here's your chance!

Through a simple process, including an surgical implant of enhancers in the brain, your Pokémon's natural talent can be brought out so it can shine above the rest! Of course that implant, and the surgeons, cost us money, so they cost you money. But the fee is small, just $12! And our surgeons are the best! They've never lost a patient! Well, there was that one, but that one doesn't count, and that other one wasn't too good to begin with, and that other one…

The type you change it to will become the Pokémon's second type. In a Pokémon such as Charizard, which already has two types, the second type will be changed. So a Charizard could be changed from Fire/Flying to Fire/Dragon. In the case of Normal/Flying type Pokémon, such as Noctowl, the Normal would change, not the Flying, so a Noctowl could go from Normal/Flying to Psychic/Flying .

Fill out this form to get a type change approved
Pokémon:
Type Change: Type/Type -> Type/Type
Reasons:

Rules
  • If you convince me, your type change will be approved.
  • Check the second post to see if the combination you want has already been approved, and if it has you can skip to the next step.
  • After approval you must pay money. Yes, money. You were told about this before, don't act surprised. And don't forget to register it at the bank. It's $12.
  • The surgery and recovery will take 24 hours, so you can come back then, and your Pokémon will be better than new. Or of course you could wait here, but we don't have a waiting room, so you're just going to have to stand there.
  • After the surgery post the Type change at the Registration Headquarters. They can say that I'm an idiot and I shouldn't have done the surgery, and make me undo it, which can be done rather quickly, as we pretty much just rip out the implant do not wish to inconvenience you any longer, and your money will be refunded.
  • All other ASB and PE2K rules apply, because if they don't, I go to jail.
Haha no. I'm not going to approve imbuing you with the power to make game warping changes like that.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
The Pokémon Trivia Centre

A bright and garishly coloured hall is what greets you as you walk in through the double doors. It kind of looks like a converted school gym or warehouse, half-filled with makeshift tables and chairs, with bored-looking people with countless trivia books. The other half, however, was where the real surprise greeted you; countless scientists walk amongst complicated and expensive looking machines. The combination is an eyesore in itself, and anyway, your focus needs to lie on the quiz masters, for those are who you will have to talk to to win your prize.

The basic premise of this business is pay some money and get sent some questions via Private Message. You answer all the questions correctly, you get whatever you wanted from the category you chose. Sound easy? Think again; these questions aren't easy.

Capture Game

Basic-Stage Pokémon
- $10
Answer 5 questions correctly to receive a Basic-Stage Pokémon of your choice.

Stage One/Non-Evolving Pokémon - $15
Answer 7 questions correctly to receive a Stage One or non-evolving Pokémon of your choice.

Stage Two Pokémon - $20
Answer 10 questions correctly to receive a Stage Two Pokémon of your choice.

Wildcard Pokémon - $15

Answer 10 questions to receive a randomly generated Pokémon.

Evolution Game

Basic to Stage One - $7
Answer 5 questions correctly to evolve one of your Basic-Stage Pokémon.

Stage One to Stage Two - $15

Answer 10 questions correctly to evolve one of your Stage One Pokémon.

Rules

- All PE2KASBL rules apply; i.e. post in the bank after posting here.
- You must answer the questions you receive from aeoneeveemoon via PM only.
- Do not advertise the answers you get, or you will be banned from this business.
- If and only when you answer your questions correctly and receive the go-ahead from aeoneeveemoon may you register your Pokémon.
- If you get any questions wrong, you have one more try to get the answers right. Get them wrong again, and you walk away with nothing.
- You may use whatever resource you like to answer your questions, just don't ask other members. If found out, this may result in both of you being banned from the business.
- This is less of a rule than a heads-up, but all of the questions will be Pokemon-oriented.

Enjoy your time here. We hope to see you again, real soon!
Well, I found this fossil in the closed threads whilst Pokedoll hunting (NYURGHHH) and since Mount Pyre can't come back, I figure that I can carry on the mantle with this. It's all flexible and if I need to change the description because it's essentially plagiarism I will.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoneeveemoon View Post
I wish to bring my old business back. It's all flexible; I really just want it up again~<3
Sorry, Hun. But a no from me. :C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Here goes nothin'...
No, again :'/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
The Move Tutor
Yesyesyesyesyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
Rejected for the same reason it was last time.
Quote:
Well, I found this fossil in the closed threads whilst Pokedoll hunting (NYURGHHH) and since Mount Pyre can't come back, I figure that I can carry on the mantle with this. It's all flexible and if I need to change the description because it's essentially plagiarism I will.
I don't see why not... MAYBE. Idk yet...

@NES2: Concerning ASB Off-Track Betting, I say go, but it seems rather complicated and, quite possibly, unpopular... But I say yes :)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I remember this one, good show. Approve from me.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Osha-WHAT Offline
Amateur Trainer

Could I maybe bring back this?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osha-WHAT View Post
I say no. It was mathy, complicated, confusing, and, from my understanding, very time consuming! If you're willing to take the time to do this... We'll wait for the other officials to chime in, buuuuuut...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I say definitely not. While I freely admit my part in the idea, in my honest opinion it was one of the bigger economy breakers towards the end. There's absolutely no risk involved, unlike in the real stock market where a business can tank, go bankrupt, and leave your stocks forever worthless. So, no.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Osha-WHAT Offline
Amateur Trainer

I'd be willing to take the time.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
That's a no.

And I give the Trivia Centre a no - there's just no way to to justify those prices with difficult questions simply because questions can all be looked up somewhere. In the Elbub era, I know most of the "expert" difficulty questions off the top of my board - I just don't think trainers should be rewarded for simply not having a life knowing a lot about the franchise.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Alright, I'm posting according to businesses and not usernames.

Type Changer

Nope, sorry. That'll mess up the game mechanics too much. Not approved.

Stock Market

Khajmer covered it. Not approved. Trust me, you're not going to enjoy it personally either, it's too much work and too little reward for you as well, apart from being really harmful for the economy.

Trivia Centre

I'm against Paperfairy on this one. Well, not with the prices, they should definitely be raised a bit. But yeah, people should be rewarded if they spend time hunting for answers. Just raise the prices a bit, and you'll be good to go. Pending

Khajmer, Paperfairy, what do you say about the Move Tutor?

Also, would you guys be willing to allow the Vending Machine? Obviously, it will be heavily modified, with larger prices and reduced chances of getting good stuff, more chances of failure and less of evolutions and free Pokemon, but I'd like to keep the basic concept. A few RNG games don't hurt really.

<3
Old 03-15-2011, 07:54 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Move Tutor is a go for me~

If we allow the vending machine, we should allow Aeon's Mt. Pyre too. I'll wait for 3m0 and Khajmer on this one. Pending.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post

Also, would you guys be willing to allow the Vending Machine? Obviously, it will be heavily modified, with larger prices and reduced chances of getting good stuff, more chances of failure and less of evolutions and free Pokemon, but I'd like to keep the basic concept. A few RNG games don't hurt really.
I don't see why not... Personally, I'm not a big fan of RNG games, but that's no reason to shut it down. Approved, but with price changes.