Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Downtown Market

ASB: Downtown Market The Downtown Market of the ASB League. The place for all the League- and User-owned businesses. A place where you can do everything if you have the cash, from buying new Pokemon, evolving your current ones, and many more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Osha-WHAT Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Dragon's Den

Is my Bakery approved?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Hm... I'm okay with this as long as you run the prizes by an Official or Moderator first, and as long as your actual thread is a bit bigger and more fleshed out. My approval is given, but wait for the other two to approve first.
Okay, so I should PM a mod the prizes ahead of time?

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Slasher View Post
Okay, so I should PM a mod the prizes ahead of time?
PM, IM, VM, basically just ask us in some way beforehand in case we think it's unbalanced or broken or summat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osha-WHAT View Post
Is my Bakery approved?
I'm sitting on the fence and waiting on the other two for that one, as I don't want my bias against big RNG businesses like that to get in the way.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
THE LOTTERY CORNER

Description
~~~~~~~
First, you have to pay $5. Then, every Sunday, I will pick a random person out of the people who have paid $5. They will win something that I would have declared last Sunday.

Rules
~~~~
All PE2K rules
Do NOT spam stupid things on this thread, like "omg i wonder who will win!!111one".

Signup:
Just say something like "I will pay $5 too enter.". Easy? Good.
One approval from me, so long as yes, the prizes are controlled by the Staff. Once you get a third approval, you should just PM us a long list of things you'd be giving away.

EDIT: Bakery gets a no from me, simply because the prices are WAAAAY to low and it seems WAAAAY to easy to get stuff. Khajmer will expand on this, I'm sure.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by paperfairy; 03-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
One approval from me, so long as yes, the prizes are controlled by the Staff. Once you get a third approval, you should just PM us a long list of things you'd be giving away.

EDIT: Bakery gets a no from me, simply because the prices are WAAAAY to low and it seems WAAAAY to easy to get stuff. Khajmer will expand on this, I'm sure.
Of course I will, now that there's another big no.

$10 for a stat boost? You must be trippin.

That seems like a sound enough explanation to me. No? Okay then.

Basically, look at how much it costs right now to raise stats. A lot. Frankly, a hell of a lot. The way the system is right now, probably a bit too much. But still, it's a lot. And partially for the reasons it costs a lot now, and partially for rule 5, that's not going to fly.

Also I dislike RNG games like that. Lottery's fine. This, not so much.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osha-WHAT View Post
The Bakery

Welcome to the Pokemon Bakery, where you can buy Poffins to fit your various needs! (All Poffins will be controlled by an RNG that will decide what that Poffin does.)

Sweet Poffin: good for evolving Pokemon (via level) $12
1-50: nothing happens.
51-90: your Pokemon evolves once!
91-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.!

Spicy Poffin: good for evolving Pokemon (via other method) $11
1-50: nothing happens.
51-90: your Pokemon evolves once!
91-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.

Sour Poffin: good for a mixture of things. not many risks, but more expensive. $16
1-20: nothing happens
21-40: A random stat goes up!!
41-70: You get a randomly generated Baby Pokemon!
71-84: Your Pokemon evolves once!
85-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.

Bitter Poffin: good for gaining stats $10
1-40: Not a single stat changed...
41-50: Attack seems to have gone up!
51-60: Defense seems to have gone up!
61-70: Sp. Atk seems to have gone up!
71-80: Sp. Def seems to have gone up!
81-90: Speed seems to have gone up!
91-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.

Dry Poffin: good for attracting new Pokemon $10
1-40: Not a single Pokemon is caught.
41-80: It's a randomly generated Baby Pokemon!
81-90: It's a randomly generated Basic Pokemon!

GIFT SHOP

Antidote - $5
Cures food poisoning.

Everything is flexible, including prices, prizes, and odds of getting prizes.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Well, considering that there is a 50% that people will be throwing their money away, I doubt you'll get too much business.
And as Paperfairy said on GTalk: $10 for a stat boost? You must be trippin.
:3

Quote:
THE LOTTERY CORNER

Description
~~~~~~~
First, you have to pay $5. Then, every Sunday, I will pick a random person out of the people who have paid $5. They will win something that I would have declared last Sunday.

Rules
~~~~
All PE2K rules
Do NOT spam stupid things on this thread, like "omg i wonder who will win!!111one".

Signup:
Just say something like "I will pay $5 too enter.". Easy? Good.
I'm with Khaj. There's nothing bad about the shop... but you should really elongate it :)
Green light from me.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I don't know how detailed you wanted this so it's a bit light. If you want more I'll add more.

EDIT: Expanded some for other officials. Might add more in the morning when I have some brain.

So...
CLOTHES~

Yeah, people would come to the store and buys articles of something for their pokemon to where in order to help boost stats. The items could also due other sorts of things too

An example to help you out.
Trainer buys item: Boxing Gloves
The item is given to the pokemon at the begging of the battle.
Now the pokemon has extra power (amount I can't decide) on all punching moves (Ice Punch, Focus Punch, ect.).

Another example, because it seems like the best way to describe it.
Item: Trainer Hat
With it's trainers hat on, the pokemon feels more comfortable and more willing to work for the trainer.
Effect: +1 Exp.

Perhaps you could make one-use only items cheaper, and the others more expensive.
Item: Face Paint
The pokemon has the effects of poison for Two Rounds (from the paint), but the paint raises their attack.

So some rules they would have to follow.
~Items can be disabled as part of the battle.
~One item per pokemon. (Item can be exchanged after a battle)

Err... As I said a light idea, but I could expand more.

Finally going to comment on this, I'm in agreement with Paperfairy. Write up your full stock of items and present it. I think it'll be an interesting experiment in items.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I propose we bring back the Used-Pokemon Dealership. It will bring no income to the owner (hopefullies meh :'3 ).
I'll also make the Trading thread~
Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
I propose we bring back the Used-Pokemon Dealership. It will bring no income to the owner (hopefullies meh :'3 ).
I'll also make the Trading thread~
I'll be working on restoring old businesses with price changes and all (especially the important ones) once I have a talk with Paperfairy.

<3
Old 03-12-2011, 01:39 PM
NES2 Offline

OK, I've made a few changes to the system, but it works pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy
ASB Off-Track Betting

Welcome to NES2's Off-Track Betting system for the ASB! In ASB Off-Track Betting, ASB users would be allowed to "bet" on the winners of current ASB matches, in a system similar to that of horse racing. To start, a user must put $10 into any Battle match listed on the thread. They will make the decision of who they are betting on through the following listings:
  • Username
  • Win-Loss Record
  • Link to Stats Page
  • Arena/Battle Specifications Post Link
  • ASB User betting on this Battler

For the period of time before the match has officially started (This means from the time the arena poster has found an opponent in the VS. Seeker to the posting of the official battle thread.) ASB users will bet upon which Trainer they think will best the other in battle. Users MAY retract bets BEFORE the battle starts, but once the battle begins the bets cannot be refunded. From there, the money will be pooled into a single Jackpot, 10% subtracted for the payment of myself and any employees (This total will be split at the end of the month), and the final Jackpot amount will be posted next to the match once it has started. Once the match has been decided, the winning side's Jackpot earnings will be divided amongst the winners and paid out. Employees will collect the 10% earnings AFTER the battle has ended.

Double Jackpots:
With every battle, there is a 25% chance (as determined by a Number Randomizer) that the Battle will become a Double Jackpot. In the event of a Double Jackpot, after 10% of the earnings has been taken out of the pool, the remaining amount of money in the Jackpot will be doubled and posted besides the match, along with an indicator that reads DOUBLE JACKPOT MATCH. Once the match has been decided, winnings will be divided amongst the winning users as usual.

Rules:
  • A minimum of two users must be betting on a match before it starts
  • There must be a minimum of ONE user betting on any side before a match starts
  • If these requirements are not fulfilled before the posting of a match by a ref, the round of betting will be cancelled, money returned to it's respective trainers, and taken off the Current Match listings.
  • You may not bet on ANY of your own matches
  • Any cheating discovered to be occurring between users will result in a PERMANENT BAN from the ASB Off-Track Betting System. This includes getting a user to take a fall in battle, multiple accounts, and any other fraudulent activity. THIS INCLUDES EMPLOYEES.
  • Current employees(This means paid refs too) of the ASB Off-Track Betting System may not participate in ANY betting rounds
  • The ASB Off-Track Betting System reserves the right to cancel a round within reason besides not being able to fulfill standard rules; In the event of a cancellation any money placed on a match will be refunded to it's respective owner
  • If you have placed a bet on a battle that has become inactive and/or cancelled, your money will be refunded in full.
  • Battles that are won by a player forfeit or DQ will not count, and all money will be returned in full to it's owner.

Additional Notes:
Special $10 additions to total Jackpot money may occur on special holidays, and upon the first 7 days of this business's existence. If the $10 bonus and the Double Jackpot overlap, the $10 bonus will be added AFTER the Double Jackpot is calculated.

NEW: Optional Aesthetic Usage of the ASB OTBS

Since this new ASB is willing to do new things, I encourage the mention of the OTBS in ref descriptions of the battle. It's pretty cool to know someone is betting on you, and when you add a neat little description of betting chatter in the crowd around the battle or a camera rolling on the sidelines so betters can watch, it adds a bit of flavor to the battle and a level of unique detail to the descriptions. Refs willing to do this in their battles that happen to be listed on this thread can apply for payment and get the same payment as an employee at the end of the month. There's a maximum of 2 refs I'll pay for this though, so apply early.

Key:

Active- Bets can be placed on this match.

Locked- This match cannot be bet on and is currently in progress.

#/#/#- Win/Lose/Draw record

Active Matches

None

Locked Matches

None

Tills:

Last edited by NES2; 03-12-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Mount Pyre

Inside Mount Pyre is a labyrinth of marble caves and tunnels, made by ancient man. You can feel presences the instant you walk into the entrance. There are tombs everywhere, and there are plenty of people placing flowers, kneeling, praying, or paying their respects. Light shines in through the windows and, in places, touches tombs like heaven's light.
Suddenly, you hear a soft voice behind you. "Would you like to pay your respects to the dead? If you're looking for a certain Pokemon, I'll be happy to take you to it." When you turn, you see the girl's smile is sincere, but there is something too light in her voice, and you're not sure you like that glint in her golden eyes.
"No, I'm not here for that," you tell her.
The girl - she has black hair, a long dark robe, and sharp teeth in her grin - continues. "Then, are you here to catch Pokemon? There are many here for the battling. Haunter and Vulpix all around."
"No," you say. "I'm here for Blessings."
You hear a faint growl and realize that a massive Houndoom stands beside the girl. He growls at you, and you swallow fearfully. "Orthros, no. They are our guest." She looks at you again, fearlessly patting 'Orthros' on the head. "So, you seek Blessings, eh? They're things I often seek myself." She suddenly pulls three smooth, shining spheres out of her pocket. One is red, one is blue, and one is green.
"These," she said, "are special stones. They appear at the peak, where the Worldshapers' Orbs rest. They materialize quite often due to the Orbs' proximity. These stones, when placed in the corresponding indentation in a gravestone, can wake a spirit so it can Bless you...or Curse you. If you get enough Blessings, you can do special things, like evolve your Pokemon, or collect new ones. If you're Cursed, it takes away Blessings, though you can never have less Blessings than what you entered with: zero. Or, you can choose to touch one of the Orbs. You will be able to talk to the Legendary whose Orb you touch. However, the Legends are more powerful and fickle, and each Orb has its separate effects. The Blue Orb can Bless your Pokemon with new life, allowing it to evolve two stages. The Red Orb can Bless you with new power, allowing you to catch a new Pokemon. The Green Orb will refuse to be stingy, and will give you ten Blessings then and there. However, anger any of them, and all your Blessings will be revoked." She waits a second to let all this settle in. "Now, are you going to buy Life Stones, buy a shot at the Orbs, or leave? I may be cursed to stay here for all eternity, but I don't have all day."

How It Works: Normal Spirits

These are the Life Stone costs:
$5 for One
$8 for Two
$11 for Five
$20 for Ten

Now, once you've bought Life Stones, I will record your Stones (as well as Blessings) in the Pyre-Goers section. If you have Life Stones, you can use them at will, whenever you like. One Life Stone gets you a chance at a Tomb. Life Stones can only be used once. The Rolls are as follows:

1-100: The spirit is generous and Blesses you.
101-150: The spirit is hugely grateful that you brought it a Life Stone and Blesses you twice.
151-200: The spirit is extremely angry you woke it and Curses you. Twice.
201-275: The spirit is annoyed you woke it and lays a Curse on you.
276-350: The spirit is a bit irked you woke it, but doesn't feel like doing anything about it. It vanishes in a puff of smoke.

How It Works: Orbs

Oh, you want to have a crack at the Legends, eh? Well, tell me which one you're gonna mess with, give me $15, and then, if you survive the climb up to the peak, then you can do that. The Rolls are as follows:

1-150: The Legendary Blesses you with whatever it's supposed to Bless you with, which is recorded in the Pyre-Goers section and will wait until you use it.
151-1200: The Legendary is unmoved and does nothing.
201-375: The Legendary is enraged and Curses you so hard that all your Blessings flee in terror.

(Kyogre gives a Two-Stage Evolve, Groudon gives a free Catch, which can be any Stage, and Rayquaza gives you 10 Blessings)

Pyre-Goers

None yet, silly goose!

Prizes!
3 Blessings: Odd Incense (Makes your Normal Spirit Rolls these; one lasts for five stones' worth of tries):
1-125: The spirit is generous and Blesses you.
126-175: The spirit is hugely grateful that you brought it a Life Stone and Blesses you twice.
171-250: The spirit is extremely angry you woke it and Curses you. Twice.
251-300: The spirit is annoyed you woke it and lays a Curse on you.
301-350: The spirit is a bit irked you woke it, but doesn't feel like doing anything about it. It vanishes in a puff of smoke.

5 Blessings: Baby Evolution
7 Blessings: Catch/Normal one-stage Evolve
10 Blessings: Two-Stage Evolve
(With other shopowners' permissions, I may add coupons somewhere!)
I wish to bring my old business back. It's all flexible; I really just want it up again~<3

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Here goes nothin'...
Quote:
Turnover River (Sell and buy)

Here at Turnover river, you can give up old, un-need items and Pokémon and have someone else buy it. We will give you half of the money for all things you sell, so don’t worry.

How to sell Pokémon
To sell Pokémon, you must state what Pokémon it is, it’s gender, ability, Signature move, and any TMs, HMs, Tutored Moves, or Breaded moves that it has. If it has a nickname, you may add that as well.

Selling items is basically just stating that you would like to sell an item, and putting the items name down.

How to buy anything
To buy things here, you must state what you would like to buy and who sold it to the Turnover River. To buy Pokémon, please state gender, ability, and Signature move. You must also show an equasion/number sentince showing the money the thing costs minus your money.

Rules
1.) We will not accept you to sell us Legendary Pokémon or anything that you don’t have.
2.) If you don’t have enough money for something, don’t buy it. Simple as that.
3.) In case you didn’t read what was above, people who sell stuff here get half of the money that the person buys it for.
4.) If you buy something you don’t want, please return it and I will give you half of what you paid for it.

Items

Pokémon

Recently sold inventory
Old 03-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoneeveemoon View Post
I wish to bring my old business back. It's all flexible; I really just want it up again~<3
Sorry Aeon, I frown upon RNG games. Not approved by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Here goes nothin'...
Hm.... question, how much would the Pokemon cost to buy?

I'd also like to point out that we don't actually have EMs. If a Pokemon can learn a move, then it can use it inherently.

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 03-14-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:58 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Here goes nothin'...
Yeah, you'll need to answer Khajmer and do some cleaning up first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoneeveemoon View Post
Sorry, with Khajmer on this one.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Tokyokit

We have the Used-Pokemon Dealership for buying and selling old Pokemon. Not approved.

<3
Closed Thread