Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Iris Zero

A manga that has been generally well-received, judging by the reviews I've seen... And frankly speaking, I found it really good too. Well...? >_>
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Iris Zero

I started reading it when it first came out last year and thought it was good. Sasamori is freaking adorable. :3

The art style is ridiculously moe. All of the girls looks ridiculously adorable. It provides a sharp contrast with its actual message, which has a much darker undertone and deals with more serious issues such as bullying.

In general the seinen genre isn't that popular, so it's easy for something like this to be missed. Also, even the mangaka pokes fun at the fact that Iris Zero lacks fan service so far. Curses! XD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Iris Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
In general the seinen genre isn't that popular, so it's easy for something like this to be missed. Also, even the mangaka pokes fun at the fact that Iris Zero lacks fan service so far. Curses! XD
Seinen? *looks at Liar Game* >_>

Well... many people have wondered whether it's shonen or seinen. I'm not that sure which one it is, though (unless it's possible to be both, but I doubt it).

And I doubt a good manga needs fanservice... <_<
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Iris Zero

The themes involved aren't shounen material. Compare Iris Zero with something like Bleach. Bleach's themes are like "bravery" and "friendship rules all" type of stuff. Iris Zero adopts themes like "bullying" and "people have untellable secrets" and the like. The way the plot is being handled is outside of shounen territory.

Mind you, it's quite minute a detail to work on, since the art style is moe moe. Then again, School Days looked moe moe (deconstruction of H-game harem genre, brutal deconstruction of the harem genre in the package of an H-game). Madoka looked moe moe.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Iris Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
The themes involved aren't shounen material. Compare Iris Zero with something like Bleach. Bleach's themes are like "bravery" and "friendship rules all" type of stuff. Iris Zero adopts themes like "bullying" and "people have untellable secrets" and the like. The way the plot is being handled is outside of shounen territory.

Mind you, it's quite minute a detail to work on, since the art style is moe moe. Then again, School Days looked moe moe (deconstruction of H-game harem genre, brutal deconstruction of the harem genre in the package of an H-game). Madoka looked moe moe.
>_> <_< >_>

I see. Except that I've never read Bleach before. D:


Chapters are slooow. D:
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Iris Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
>_> <_< >_>

I see. Except that I've never read Bleach before. D:


Chapters are slooow. D:
Well it doesn't have to be Bleach. Take like any shounen manga from Fairy Tail to One Piece to Air Gear. The variations in themes aren't that great, though I would note that the presentations on the themes vary (e.g. One Piece is very good at delivering its themes for example).

Well it's a weekly and the scanlation is up to date with the manga itself. tbh I really like this manga and I'm glad someone else has heard of it. :3
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Iris Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Well it doesn't have to be Bleach. Take like any shounen manga from Fairy Tail to One Piece to Air Gear. The variations in themes aren't that great, though I would note that the presentations on the themes vary (e.g. One Piece is very good at delivering its themes for example).

Well it's a weekly and the scanlation is up to date with the manga itself. tbh I really like this manga and I'm glad someone else has heard of it. :3
Only actually read One Piece. And even in the shonen demographic, I see many, many different themes. [/LuckyStar] @_@ Keep in mind Lucky Star is just an example.

I'm also glad someone else here reads the manga. Only 2 people, though? D:
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Iris Zero

To be fair, something like Iris Zero just isn't popular enough to warrant anybody outside of the "hardcore" manga readers to read. Heck, my Madoka thread garnered a grand total of zero replies despite it being the hottest anime this season.

The pe2k kids generally don't keep up with anime outside of the stuff that comes out on TV.


Edit: OMG ch 16 is so cute. :3 I wanna give Sasamori a hug. X3

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 04-05-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com