Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Come here to talk/complain about just about anything regarding ASB. Questions shouldn't be asked here.

Suggestions are welcome! :D

So I guess I'll start it off: what do you all think?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default Re: Casual ASBL Discussion/Suggestions

I think you did a very good job with this. ;)

One suggestion I would make is this.
Perhaps we could come up with a way in which the trainers battling did the roleplay, instead of the ref typing it up. I don't know how this would go about, but it might provide a fun option for those of which would want to.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 03-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post

Perhaps we could come up with a way in which the trainers battling did the roleplay, instead of the ref typing it up. I don't know how this would go about, but it might provide a fun option for those of which would want to.
We attempted that in the Old ASB for a while to counteract ref laziness. It's worth considering as something for actual fun instead, but figuring out how to do it with ref intervention and not disrupting the flow that makes a good Roleplay good would be the primary problem.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:36 PM
MuddyMudkip Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post

I was just about to suggest this as well. But, I'm talking about safari zone, not battles. Battles are just fine :)

The trainer could roleplay what his/her Pokemon would like to do, and add some extra stuff here and there. Then, the ref/ranger would type up what happens exactly in the battle, based on what the trainers want specifically. You see, if the trainers roleplay it out, the refs/rangers would know what the trainer wants his/her Pokemon to do. It would be kind of hard to know what the trainer wants exactly, especially if he/she tries to do combos.

Also, perhaps, if the trainer really puts some effort into roleplaying, he/she could get some kind of reward--like increase in chance of capture/more damage done to the wild Pokemon, etc.. The only restriction is, the trainers are not allowed to say if the attacks hit or not, they can't also say if the Pokeball captured the Pokemon or not. Speaking of throwing balls, that reminds me of the options. Maybe the ranger could roleplay that out as well, if he/she wants (like it could give them a small bonus or something).

I have another suggestion. How about some contests? As in Coordinator contests?

Thank you for listening!

LINKS
Old 03-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyMudkip View Post
I have another suggestion. How about some contests? As in Coordinator contests?

Thank you for listening!
k I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there: Contests will be coming back. I was and remain the Contest Head, and will be working fervently to retool the Contest section. However, it wasn't ready for the main ASB release, and probably still won't be for a few months.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
eishiba Offline

Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Suggestion. I noticed in the "Compendium" of all Pokemon All except speed is set with a number 1-5. I might suggest breaking that up to 1-10 or something cause while glancing through I noticed many evolutions who do not gain any advancement with only 5 categories. I'm guessing it was something like a stat of 1-50 was considered a 1 and 51-100 was 2, going up to 300+ was 5 or something like that. By changing each stat(attack defense and sp. atk and sp. def) I was thinking it would keep whatever system your refs are using to determine damage set for the most part. I'm just thinking out loud though.

Last edited by eishiba; 03-13-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
Suggestion. I noticed in the "Compendium" of all Pokemon All except speed is set with a number 1-5. I might suggest breaking that up to 1-10 or something cause while glancing through I noticed many evolutions who do not gain any advancement with only 5 categories. I'm guessing it was something like a stat of 1-50 was considered a 1 and 51-100 was 2, going up to 300+ was 5 or something like that. By changing each stat(attack defense and sp. atk and sp. def) I was thinking it would keep whatever system your refs are using to determine damage set for the most part. I'm just thinking out loud though.
you're not the first to think about this! we're definitely working on something behind the scenes. ^_^ thanks

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-14-2011, 06:56 AM
eishiba Offline

I wouldn't mind helping if there was anything I could do.
I might suggest more refs to lol. There is about 20 threads of open battles waiting.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I wouldn't mind helping if there was anything I could do.
I might suggest more refs to lol. There is about 20 threads of open battles waiting.
Actually there are 6, and I'm going to be going into heavy duty reffing mode this week to pick that up. But we can't actually control the number of refs beyond passing more people, and as it stands we're already passing everyone who doesn't seriously screw up.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:45 AM
eishiba Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Actually there are 6, and I'm going to be going into heavy duty reffing mode this week to pick that up. But we can't actually control the number of refs beyond passing more people, and as it stands we're already passing everyone who doesn't seriously screw up.
I'm just throwing ideas out so if I start sounding like a drill sergeant I apologize in advance. For some reason I thought there was like a bunch of refs. Makes sense as to why none of the battles were getting replied to. I also noticed some people have started more than two or three separate battles. Myself included. But it might make it a little easier on the refs if everyone was restricted to no more than two separate battles and the refs 3 month time frame to make a ref call be change to like once every four days or a week at the most. Maybe they wouldn't have to go through all of the battles waiting but atleast to have a good dent put in them so as to take some load off everyone else. After a month of not posting as a ref, they won't even be remembered, let alone 3 lol. I'm not trying to offend no one but if one doesn't have easy access to a computer then they really won't be very beneficial to the cause here. I imagine this will get pretty big anyways cause its a cross between anime battling and roleplay/story writing. I have even cut time on my own forum as a mod to do this. lol
Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I'm just throwing ideas out so if I start sounding like a drill sergeant I apologize in advance. For some reason I thought there was like a bunch of refs. Makes sense as to why none of the battles were getting replied to. I also noticed some people have started more than two or three separate battles. Myself included. But it might make it a little easier on the refs if everyone was restricted to no more than two separate battles and the refs 3 month time frame to make a ref call be change to like once every four days or a week at the most. Maybe they wouldn't have to go through all of the battles waiting but atleast to have a good dent put in them so as to take some load off everyone else. After a month of not posting as a ref, they won't even be remembered, let alone 3 lol. I'm not trying to offend no one but if one doesn't have easy access to a computer then they really won't be very beneficial to the cause here. I imagine this will get pretty big anyways cause its a cross between anime battling and roleplay/story writing. I have even cut time on my own forum as a mod to do this. lol
Okay, let's be clear here. Battles are being reffed. I don't know where your getting this idea that "none of the battles are being replied to" because they are, and even a cursory readthrough of the currently active battles shows that.

Furthermore, we're not going to reduce the time to a week. This is not a career, it's not a job, it's a fun thing for people to do for fake money. In fact, I'm fairly certain the only reason we fire anyone after three months in the first place is just to keep the list from being cluttered by inactive refs. If a person doesn't ref during a week, they're not paid. That's more than enough.

My suggestion to you is to learn to exercise patience. We're brand new, we're only just starting to get refs together, of course we're going to be a bit slow getting off the ground. Literally no one else is complaining but you.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Adding on to that, you're not going to get extremely fast battles in the ASB. It takes time, and it's a lot better than what we had before...

<3
Old 03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Master Zorua Offline

I would like to suggest a fifth option in Safari zone: Giving the trainer the chance to 'Interact' with a wild Pokemon and try to win it's trust/affection, perhaps giving it an item or berry.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:21 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
I would like to suggest a fifth option in Safari zone: Giving the trainer the chance to 'Interact' with a wild Pokemon and try to win it's trust/affection, perhaps giving it an item or berry.

We (Officials) will talk about it a bit behind the scenes to see if it can work and to bug out all the kinks, etc. It's an interesting idea, I might add...
Old 03-19-2011, 12:20 AM
NES2 Offline

Most people seem to have not noticed, but the ASB Off-Track Betting System is now up and functional. We've got plently of battles to wager on right now, and I try to update daily. So, come on down guys and try it out.

Also, this is the only time I'll talk about my business here, because the only reason I'm writing is to alert people of the business's presence.

Anyways, I had wanted to ask if there's a business limit, because I want to do two things.

A. Have a backup business in case the ASB OTBS doesn't work out.

B. Introduce a new concept to ASB. (It's a secret!)