Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Downtown Market

ASB: Downtown Market The Downtown Market of the ASB League. The place for all the League- and User-owned businesses. A place where you can do everything if you have the cash, from buying new Pokemon, evolving your current ones, and many more.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Dragon's Den

-- banner credit to Saraibre Ryu.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stairs lead you to a room, a room where you immediately walk into the centre of the room, with the spotlight shining down on you. Out of the darkness, you see several chairs, all with a shifting figure in. Here is where you pitch your ideas for a business, and see if the group in front of you will accept you or reject you…

Here at the Dragons Den, the dragons business approvers will listen to your ideas for a new business or your pleas for a disowned business. Each type of application has its own separate rules.

Starting a New Business

If you feel you have come up with a revolutionary idea, and wish to present this in the form of a business where you can make money, you must pitch your idea in this thread to the two approvers. They will then judge your business and see if it is worthy of being a PE2KASB business.

You must include in your business pitch;

- A basic overview of your idea.
- The lists of things that you will be selling.
- The rules the people who use your business must abide to.

Your request will then be considered by the business approvers. The majority (3) of the Officials must approve your business for you to be allowed to set up your new thread. Once your business has been approved, you may set up the thread. Business owners get paid $5 for each customer they have per week. Wages for Business owners will be posted here.

Rules and Procedures for Starting a New Business

1. Do not attempt to start a business if the criteria of your business are already covered elsewhere.
1a. Also, do not attempt to start a business that has no real practical use within the ASB. If it does not help the ASB progress in any way or offer any services, it is likely to be disapproved.

2. The approvers may suggest changes to your business, which are negotiable; but the changes are likely to be with more forethought and insight to the future of your business.

3. If your business is disapproved, this does not automatically mean that your idea has gone out of the window. We may have suggested changes or reasons why your business could not work; if you edit your business by these comments, you have a greater chance of getting a business approved.

4. You are permitted to have an Opening Discount. This is where for either the first 24 hours or the first five customers to your business will get up to a 50% discount of all your products.

5. You may not offer services or Pokemon at a cheaper price than an existing shop. Pokemon should not be easily obtainable from your business.

6. If you would like to start a business which involves an element of luck, please take note of these rules.

7. If you previously owned a business in the last ASB, and you'd like to get the first post back, PM Paperfairy. Also, take note of this thread.

Taking up an Old Business

During the course of the ASB, owners of businesses may leave the forums or the ASB for good. At this point, there businesses may be put up for new ownership, if they permit the use of these businesses even after they have left, if it was a new innovation.

In the first week that the business comes under administration, people can apply for the business. After that week is up, the people will be analysed to see if they could be acceptable for taking the business. If more than one person applies, the approvers will pick he/she who appears to be the best suited for the business. If no one applies within the week, the business will move onto the advertisement part of the thread, where anybody can apply at any time, and be approved for taking that business without competition, unless somebody applies at exactly the same time.

You can express your interest before you send in your application, just to let the Dragons know if you're interested. When you have sent us your application, your name will be emboldened and you are applicable to be considered for the upkeep of that business.

Please enquire about the businesses to receive information on them if you wish to obtain the business.

Rules and Procedures for Taking up an Old Business

1. Please do not copy and paste the text that was in the old threads. We will know, and paraphrasing isn’t allowed. So just take a few minutes to write up a new introduction to your thread. If we see that you are paraphrasing, you will not be able to apply for a business for a month.

2. Wait until you are approved by the Dragons before setting up the new thread. If you try to set up the new thread before you have three approvals, you will not be able to apply for a business for a month.

General Rules

1. You are allowed to employ people in your business if you need to, but they are not paid by the ASB.

2. A business owner may pass a business directly over to another user without it going through the Dragons Den. However, we must be informed of this so we can acknowledge the changeover. If we are not told, the business change over will not be accepted, and the new owner may not legally post his thread. Action may be taken if this occurs.

3. Although not a rule, please don't try and take as many businesses as you can. We like to spread the businesses around, so not everyone has all of the businesses.

4. Special offers of any sort, bar the Opening Discount, will count as an attempt to undercut the market and give yourself an unfair advantage and is therefore banned.

Payment

As a business owner, you will receive $5 for every customer that uses your business per week. You are to post in the Bank every week, with links to every transaction.

-- Originally written by Elbub.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 01-21-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: Dragon's Den

Um, is there an archive you can pull my old business out of, or do I have to rewrite my entire business proposal? It was an ASB Off-Track Betting System that I used to run. Yeah, it started a few months before ASB's temporary death so it never really got any attention.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 PM
paperfairy Offline

Just sent you a PM. You'll need to pitch the idea to the current staff though.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

I don't know how detailed you wanted this so it's a bit light. If you want more I'll add more.

EDIT: Expanded some for other officials. Might add more in the morning when I have some brain.

So...
CLOTHES~

Yeah, people would come to the store and buys articles of something for their pokemon to where in order to help boost stats. The items could also due other sorts of things too

An example to help you out.
Trainer buys item: Boxing Gloves
The item is given to the pokemon at the begging of the battle.
Now the pokemon has extra power (amount I can't decide) on all punching moves (Ice Punch, Focus Punch, ect.).

Another example, because it seems like the best way to describe it.
Item: Trainer Hat
With it's trainers hat on, the pokemon feels more comfortable and more willing to work for the trainer.
Effect: +1 Exp.

Perhaps you could make one-use only items cheaper, and the others more expensive.
Item: Face Paint
The pokemon has the effects of poison for Two Rounds (from the paint), but the paint raises their attack.

So some rules they would have to follow.
~Items can be disabled as part of the battle.
~One item per pokemon. (Item can be exchanged after a battle)

Err... As I said a light idea, but I could expand more.

lv.100@1618
Links

Last edited by Dino; 03-10-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 AM
paperfairy Offline

Interesting. Items currently don't exist in ASB for simplicity reasons, but perhaps a simplified version, like what you've suggested, is something to look into?

I will warn you, should this be approved, Officials and Moderators would definitely have a tight grip on your business, simply for balance issues. Right now, you don't have a yes or no from me, but I'm certainly listening.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Interesting. Items currently don't exist in ASB for simplicity reasons, but perhaps a simplified version, like what you've suggested, is something to look into?

I will warn you, should this be approved, Officials and Moderators would definitely have a tight grip on your business, simply for balance issues. Right now, you don't have a yes or no from me, but I'm certainly listening.
Okay, thanks.
I thought that would be the case. Just PM me if you think we could make it work.
:)

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 03-10-2011, 03:47 AM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Okay, thanks.
I thought that would be the case. Just PM me if you think we could make it work.
:)
Expand on the idea here, for the other officicals to see.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Expand on the idea here, for the other officicals to see.
Okay, I'm in the process of adding more, but it might do it more tomorrow, since it's pretty late.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

The Dream Center

Overview

I bring to you a new idea which could help a lot of people. When you sign up you place a really useless ability on your Pokemon or you have a Pokemon with two useful abilities and can't decide which one to choose. Well at the Dream Center you can have a possibility to change your Pokemon's ability for a small fee. That's not all, with the release of Black and White, they have introduced B/W Abilities. Some Pokemon are lucky and can have a possibility of 3 abilities for you to choose from. Here at the Dream Center you can let your Pokemon sleep and obtain one of these Abilities.

Prices

~~Change your Ability (Not B/W) :- $10
~~Change to your B/W Ability :- $12

Rules

1. When purchased an Ability, you must write the change of your ability. If not caught, this may be picked up as cheating.
2. The Pokemon sent to the Dream Center must not be involved in any battles or Safari Run. Again if caught, you will lose the ability / move
3. There is no limit on how many times you can re-obtain the Ability
4. You must wait until a cashier approves the purchase before using it

Thank You for listening, I am open to any suggestions on how to make the idea better. I am not sure on the price whether it is suitable.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Digital; 03-10-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmandiddy View Post
The Dream Center

Overview

I bring to you a new idea which could help a lot of people. When you sign up you place a really useless ability on your Pokemon or you have a Pokemon with two useful abilities and can't decide which one to choose. Well at the Dream Center you can have a possibility to change your Pokemon's ability for a small fee. That's not all, with the release of Black and White, they have introduced B/W Abilities. Some Pokemon are lucky and can have a possibility of 3 abilities for you to choose from. Here at the Dream Center you can let your Pokemon sleep and obtain one of these Abilities. Along with the B/W Abilities, they have implemented some special moves for certain Pokemon. You can learn these new moves at the Dream Center along with the B/W Ability.

Prices

~~Change your Ability (Not B/W) :- $10
~~Change to your B/W Ability :- $12
~~Learn your Special Attack :- $14

Rules

1. When purchased an Ability or Move, you must write the learned move down in your stats or change your ability. If not caught, this may be picked up as cheating.
2. The Pokemon sent to the Dream Center must not be involved in any battles or Safari Run. Again if caught, you will lose the ability / move
3. There is no limit on how many times you can re-obtain the Ability
4. You may online learn the Special Move your Pokemon learns, all attacks can be found here
5. You must wait until a cashier approves the purchase before using it

Thank You for listening, I am open to any suggestions on how to make the idea better. I am not sure on the price whether it is suitable.
Hm... the abilities I'm all signed off on, but no actual teaching is required for the Dream World moves. In ASB rules, if they can learn the move, they can use it.

In any case, you're approved for ability switching by both myself and Paperfairy (who agreed via IM).

EDIT: you still need 3m0d0ll or Iridium to approve.

Last edited by Iridium; 03-14-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Hm... the abilities I'm all signed off on, but no actual teaching is required for the Dream World moves. In ASB rules, if they can learn the move, they can use it.

In any case, you're approved for ability switching by both myself and Paperfairy (who agreed via IM).

EDIT: you still need 3m0d0ll or Iridium to approve.
Ok, I will keep it to Abilities only, I will edit the description now

Spoiler:
Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Looks good to me, gmandiddy :)
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Osha-WHAT Offline
Amateur Trainer

The Bakery

Welcome to the Pokemon Bakery, where you can buy Poffins to fit your various needs! (All Poffins will be controlled by an RNG that will decide what that Poffin does.)

Sweet Poffin: good for evolving Pokemon (via level) $12
1-50: nothing happens.
51-90: your Pokemon evolves once!
91-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.!

Spicy Poffin: good for evolving Pokemon (via other method) $11
1-50: nothing happens.
51-90: your Pokemon evolves once!
91-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.

Sour Poffin: good for a mixture of things. not many risks, but more expensive. $16
1-20: nothing happens
21-40: A random stat goes up!!
41-70: You get a randomly generated Baby Pokemon!
71-84: Your Pokemon evolves once!
85-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.

Bitter Poffin: good for gaining stats $10
1-40: Not a single stat changed...
41-50: Attack seems to have gone up!
51-60: Defense seems to have gone up!
61-70: Sp. Atk seems to have gone up!
71-80: Sp. Def seems to have gone up!
81-90: Speed seems to have gone up!
91-100: Your Pokemon has been Poisoned! They must drink an Antidote before being able to eat again.

Dry Poffin: good for attracting new Pokemon $10
1-40: Not a single Pokemon is caught.
41-80: It's a randomly generated Baby Pokemon!
81-90: It's a randomly generated Basic Pokemon!

GIFT SHOP

Antidote - $5
Cures food poisoning.

Everything is flexible, including prices, prizes, and odds of getting prizes.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

THE LOTTERY CORNER

Description
~~~~~~~
First, you have to pay $5. Then, every Sunday, I will pick a random person out of the people who have paid $5. They will win something that I would have declared last Sunday.

Rules
~~~~
All PE2K rules
Do NOT spam stupid things on this thread, like "omg i wonder who will win!!111one".

Signup:
Just say something like "I will pay $5 too enter.". Easy? Good.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Slasher View Post
THE LOTTERY CORNER

Description
~~~~~~~
First, you have to pay $5. Then, every Sunday, I will pick a random person out of the people who have paid $5. They will win something that I would have declared last Sunday.

Rules
~~~~
All PE2K rules
Do NOT spam stupid things on this thread, like "omg i wonder who will win!!111one".

Signup:
Just say something like "I will pay $5 too enter.". Easy? Good.
Hm... I'm okay with this as long as you run the prizes by an Official or Moderator first, and as long as your actual thread is a bit bigger and more fleshed out. My approval is given, but wait for the other two to approve first.
Closed Thread