Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Default Trading to-and-fro

Okay, so i have a pretty complex question. Say someone beat Black/White, got the PokeTransfer, and transfered over some pokemon from the 4th gen games. Then there's ANOTHER new Black/White game with a new save file. Can the 5th gen game with the transfered pokemon trade the 4th gen pokemon that were already transfered over to the new pokemon game that hasn't even gotten the national dex yet?

It's like when you could transfer pokemon from DPPt over to HGSS from the beggening of the game without a national pokedex.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: Trading to-and-fro

I don't see why not. Nintendo may have forseen this, and put a "blocker" on, but I doubt they'd do that. Hey, give it a whirl, see what happens.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

I don't think so. xD I remember reading somewhere that Pokémon from the previous generations won't be obtainable until after the game (after defeating the champion, to be exact). xD But, yeah, it would never hurt to give it a try and see if it works.

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School
Old 03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

i'm going say that maybe you could .. I've spoken out about being able to find Pokemon from Dream World and bring them into Isshu way before the national Dex. but thats another story. DW wont be readily available until almost a month later. so I think your method could potentially still work..
I say try it

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Galdr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Galdr Send a message via MSN to Galdr Send a message via Yahoo to Galdr Send a message via Skype™ to Galdr

Huh, this question seems very familiar. o_O
At any rate, I believe you can trade Gen IV Pokemon to a new BW file without the national Pokedex. I haven't tried it personally, but I did attempt to trade with a friend of mine earlier today. I couldn't trade with him for some reason, though I have speculations it was because I had my Leafeon in the party. I took my Leafeon out and I was able to trade with him... pretty weird. Anyway!

Though as it was said earlier, why not? It should be able to. The Gen IV Pokemon will obviously have the ??? in their number, as usual, if they were traded to the new BW file.

SoulSilver: 0948 0000 5129
Name: Pichu

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." - Hero's Shade, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Old 03-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Yes, you can. I've traded my Japanese Ditto over from my Japanese White to my English Black and my Black only has two badges.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Redwar Offline
New Trainer

Agreed, you can. I did a trade evolve with someone else and the 'filler' Pokemon they traded over to me was a Skorupi, well before I had completed the game (about gym 3 iirc). So there is no problem in doing what you suggest