Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Black/White events - Your experience!

Did you go along to any of the Black/White events or tours?

How did you find it? Was it well organised, shambolic or fun?
Was there loads of information or was it somewhat lacking?

I got back from the Glasgow Celebi event delighted with the pokemon I've been wanting for some time however, to say the event was shambolic was an understatment.

Despite the promotion supposed to be starting at the advertised 9am there was no sign of the Nontendo sorry Nintendo rep when I arrived at 2pm with queues of people waiting outside, not having a clue what was happening. Some of the more patient people who had arrived in the morning had been there all day. Others I understand had given up and gone home. Whilst GAME, who were in no way at fault were on the receiving end of some pretty hacked off fans. People were told at 2pm there would be no download till 2:30. The rep finally showed face at 2:15 the download started immediately. The demo games were out by 2:30.

I did enjoy my 1st event though and met quite a few older fans as well as some younger one's. I was just lucky I arrived when I did or would definately have joined the ranks of 'the hacked off'

Hopefully tomorrow's event will go without a hitch......
Old 02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto
Default Re: Black/White events - Your experience!

I haven't been to a black and white event yet, but I went to a few other events a while back and everyone the was really nice and the reps seemed to really care about their jobs.

The black and white tour isn't getting to my side of the states (Atlanta) till march 13th, which doesn't make since to me since that's a week after the game comes out here. Hopefully it starts whenever it's supposed to or my girlfriend (who is already coming just because she loves me, and that's the only reason haha) will become one of the "hacked off" people haha :P

My Trading Shop
White Friend Code: 0819-3051-3379
White Pokedex Obtained: 151(U)/442(N)

Pokemon I've Recently Breed, PM for trades
- Zorua w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Naive
- Deino w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Modest
- Panpour w/ Nasty Plot, Random Natures
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Unfortunately, I haven't been to any black and white events or tours yet. There's going to be an event at Rockefeller Center in the city I live in, on March. I'll try to be there. I really want to see those Pokémon artworks that's said to be showcased at that event. :)
If I go there, some of my friends will hopefully go with me, it wouldn't be as fun to go there alone. xD

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School
Old 02-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Greetings Pokomum, I myself went to last weeks Pokemon Black & White Tour..
it was the 1st of any Poke mon Event I've attended.

I assumed that each event had 1 day per city but that was not the case for my Cali Tour.. the days were 19 & 20.

Day 1. Feb 19: woke up a bit late (i still had work the friday nigth before) had a *hitty Breakfast and drove my gf & me..
I didnt know what to expect ( & im usually one who expects the unexpected). as such I had been polishing all the badges i've collected in all my games.
I even kloned a few other Legit events to trade out with the random poke fans If any..(which i did happen to find)
Upon arriving to our destination and stepping foot into the mall I seen a mass of people lined up at the Poke Center kiosk and looking into their pamphlets and some heads sitting down (downloading obviously) next to the 1st of two gamestops in the mall.

We 1st asked the folks in the Mall Tour shirts (employees) and asked what lines are for and whats going on?
they pointes us to tho other side of the mall and said "you have to get a book and get stamps. and these lines are to buy stuff"

in short for me Day one had its bits of discordia. but what it really was was just crowded with fans and your regular mall goers.

I went on to get my booklet and started on my way to collect stamps and as we were hitting up the lines I was walking around with 1 of 3 Pokewalkers and asking folks... any 1 her have thier Poke-Walker?
there were alot of people with out and managed to find at the very least 10 on the 1st day to link up with and a handleful the next..

Being that we arrived a bit late We didn't score the free screening of the Movie which we already seen a week prior but i still wanted the movie going experience. too bad so sad.

on to the next biggest line..the Demo line which consisted of a 10 minute Demo of the Game..( I wont go into how or what i thought about the Demo here) and after that got a sweet UBER pin Zekrom & Reshiram.
after you collect all stamps you take your booklet & hit up the prize line which BTW happens to be the biggest & longest line in the mall.
Day one the line went all the way out & into the parking structure..

No prizes for us day 1 which BTW had better prizes & you got to spin the wheel of morality.

Day two was alot less swarmed with people. but it had a regular day at the mall feel, but everywhere you looked people had ther DS out..
by this day thier selection of prize giveaways was a narrow selsction but a selection non the less.

I took pics on my DSi so sorry about the quality of the pics..

ENJOY the pics
http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/a...20Mall%20Tour/

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Skylands Offline

Do the legendary beasts trio count? If so, that and the Celebi event. Nothing interesting to mention about it, other than all were obtained at Gamestop. As much as I wanted to attend the malls tour, I was unable to.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

Good day to you Mr420.

It sounds as if your event at least was reasonably well organised and enjoyed you photo's.

I have seen some pretty negative reports about at least one of the Mall tours in that they were a major disapointment: Limited characters only appearing for very sort periods, no scavager hunts, no merchandise and really only a chance to preview the Black/White games and meet up with other fans. I had thought to go along to the Glasgow event just to have a look and maybe buy some merchandise but given the Glasgow Celebi fiasco, I don't think I want to risk time and fuel for an event that may be less than has been promised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
Do the legendary beasts trio count? If so, that and the Celebi event. Nothing interesting to mention about it, other than all were obtained at Gamestop. As much as I wanted to attend the malls tour, I was unable to.
Thankyou for taking the time to respond. I was really thinking about events that you can actually
attend, be it an in-store event or Mall tour. Everyone who is able to access the internet can access details on WiFi for downloads and there is really nothing to report other than maybe the fact that you are delighted that you have finally got hold of the pokemon you wanted.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I went to Japan just for the opening release, that is how much free time I have on my hands. NAH! I AM JUST KIDDIN'! I went there for a meeting with some animators, but the Pokemon Black and White release date was just a perk.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Well, I went to the second day of the event in San Jose, and it was pretty fun... Even got the parents to have a little fun...even if it was from making fun of everyone else. We were standing in line for the demo and my mom looks around, then looks at me, and says "Um, honey, I think we're the only white people here." to me, and I wanted to die, because there were a LOT of Asians in that line, and then my dad starts cracking jokes about how they were coming out with a Black Version and a White Version, but no Asian Version or something like that. We got to play the demo, which I thought looked pretty good, even if we didn't get to see much, but I thought the intro on the TV screens beforehand was pretty cool. We bought plushies, but only got styluses from the prize wheel...and most of them were Tepig, though I wound up with an Oshawott one...

Then I talked my parents into getting into line for the character meet and greet as Oshawott was leaving...so we get in line for Snivy and I get my pic taken, my brother gets his done, and then this happens to my little sister. Tepig comes out of nowhere and tries to squish her between it and Snivy...which is why she'll be starting White out with Oshawott. XD Not really, but I thought it was ironic.

All in all, we had a blast...not to mention Borders was by the prize line, so I got manga to read while we stood there. Pretty nice day, it was fun, and that mall was HUGE.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Mr420 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
Well, I went to the second day of the event in San Jose, and it was pretty fun... Even got the parents to have a little fun...even if it was from making fun of everyone else. We were standing in line for the demo and my mom looks around, then looks at me, and says "Um, honey, I think we're the only white people here." to me, and I wanted to die, because there were a LOT of Asians in that line, and then my dad starts cracking jokes about how they were coming out with a Black Version and a White Version, but no Asian Version or something like that. We got to play the demo, which I thought looked pretty good, even if we didn't get to see much, but I thought the intro on the TV screens beforehand was pretty cool. We bought plushies, but only got styluses from the prize wheel...and most of them were Tepig, though I wound up with an Oshawott one...

Then I talked my parents into getting into line for the character meet and greet as Oshawott was leaving...so we get in line for Snivy and I get my pic taken, my brother gets his done, and then this happens to my little sister. Tepig comes out of nowhere and tries to squish her between it and Snivy...which is why she'll be starting White out with Oshawott. XD Not really, but I thought it was ironic.

All in all, we had a blast...not to mention Borders was by the prize line, so I got manga to read while we stood there. Pretty nice day, it was fun, and that mall was HUGE.

that's so cool. i didnt even know you had gone to the San Jose tour.
BTW did you use Zorua in the Demo?

To Pokomun: I say Go. I took it like an experience that may or may not happen again, & over all it was fun.
I've got a newfound perspective of how many trainers there really are in the world.

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Winter Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
that's so cool. i didnt even know you had gone to the San Jose tour.
BTW did you use Zorua in the Demo?

To Pokomun: I say Go. I took it like an experience that may or may not happen again, & over all it was fun.
I've got a newfound perspective of how many trainers there really are in the world.
Yes, I did, actually. And I noticed that too--ironically my stepdad commented that he'd never seen so many nerds in one place...

Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Mr420 Offline

Quote:
Yes, I did, actually. And I noticed that too--ironically my stepdad commented that he'd never seen so many nerds in one place...
your family sounds cool in that i bet they crack jokes all the time.. lol

It slipped my mind but i just remembered about the free GreenScreen pic they take heres' mine
http://www.pokemontourphotos.com/Sho...x=9a84eb0bd07e

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Winter Offline

That little girl does not look very happy...

And they are...interesting...to say the least. I wish they had been a bit nicer--they were being pretty sarcastic and it got kind of annoying. Especially since I know they don't like pokemon, and in my mom's case, no games at all. My dad meant it in the worst light possible when he called everyone there nerds, too. Though it was kind of funny to see the looks on their faces when they saw some of the cosplayers.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

I just used multi quote for the first time and it actually worked. Ha!

Quote:
Thats really funny. I have to admit that when I went to Glasgow that it did seem the same way but don't you think that the 'nerdy' people are the best. You can actually have a pleasant, civil, intellegent, honest conversation with them as opposed to some who can't see any further than a broken nail :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
It slipped my mind but i just remembered about the free GreenScreen pic they take heres' mine
http://www.pokemontourphotos.com/Sho...x=9a84eb0bd07e
Who is the little girl?
She is a cute little soul.

Quote:
Though it was kind of funny to see the look on their faces when they saw some of the cosplayers.
What is a cosplayer?

Think I'm having to go into work now at the weekend. Looks like any thoughts I had of maybe going to Glasgow this weekend are out the window....we'll see.

Last edited by Pokomum; 03-02-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Winter Offline

Yeah, I love nerdy people, personally. They play all the good video games, and you can have some of the best conversations with them--though it might help that I'm totally a nerd myself. XD And most of the time you don't have to worry the conversation is going to stray to "OMG! Did you know that (name) and (name) broke up!" or "I totally broke a nail last night--isn't it tragic?"

And a cosplayer is someone who dresses up as a character from a game, anime, or manga, usually. Like in Mr420's pics, he has a few of people dressed up as trainers from the games or pokemon, those would be cosplayers. However, you're usually more likely to see them at an anime convention--unless you see someone I know. XD I know a few who just dress up randomly and will go anywhere. Like school.

Closed Thread