Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Role Play Forge - RP Creation Teamwork

@ Lusankya, Call of the Void

As a side note, personally, I love to play as the Brotherhood of Nod in C&C 3.

Anyway, I really like these kinds of verge-of-apocalypse RPs, the battles usually tend to be massive and epic in size and scale, the stakes are extremely high, the motives are there along with a lot of morale and bravado to fuel them, and so on. It’s more fun and exciting when wars are based on pure survival instead of political reasons.

The Ara'kaiz, however, seem drastically overpowered though, and the presence of Azkathon seems to reinforce that. Instead of Arceus serving Azkathon, I think it might be better to have them as equals, where they both have the same kind of caliber of power. They could also be rivals of creation, where Arceus and Azkathon have always been heated competition to create the better worlds. Seeing that Arceus is failing with the world of Pokémon (You don’t know how badly I wish they would just name the planet already, but we’ll go with Pokéarth for now), Azkathon sees it as the perfect opportunity to humiliate Arceus by sending in his legions of Ara’kaiz to essentially hijack the planet from Arceus’s grasp, claim it for himself, and laughingly stab Arceus’s pride (both can be immortal/extremely powerful, so even though they can’t kill each other, they can still affect each other’s creations and humiliate the other with their own accomplishments). However, with the rise of Empire, Azkathon realizes that wrestling Pokéarth from their grasp might actually be a challenging (and possibly entertaining) battle, but he’s confident enough to continue the campaign. You could also keep the Ara’kaiz as Scrin-like creatures, I think that works.

However, I would NOT have the Ara’kaiz incite so much fear and panic that Pokémon completely chicken out when facing them. Instead, because Pokémon were created by Arceus, they instinctively recognize Ara’kaiz as sworn enemies even though they have never met before, simply from the roots of the creator that made them. Maybe the weaker, unevolved Pokémon fear them (I see a Pichu running away with tears in its eyes), but the fully evolved ones face them out of anger and some anxiety due to their nature and are a rival creation. It would also make sense with the Azkathon cultists, as these cultists have rejected Arceus for his failure, and instead have turned toward his rival, hoping that Azkathon will take over Pokéarth and banish Arceus, forcing Arceus to start over from scratch with his creations. In the meantime, the cultists could also be expecting some kind of reward from Azkathon, such as ascension into a stronger race of beings (especially since humans are recognized as foreign entities by the Ara’kaiz).

In terms of the Empire and Morbane, Morbane’s wish for power to conquer the world is pretty vague, so in order to flesh out how the Empire rose up in strength, you need to go back to the source. What kind of power was Morbane given, how did he use it, and how does that power now shape the Empire to what it is today? What made the Empire strong enough to rise up and defeat all other factions that were in their way? Was it an ability to create drastically powerful technology, have extreme intellect, create elite super-soldiers, possible realty-bending powers, or something even beyond that? I think a lot of the Empire’s 20 year history really depends on what exactly Morbane was given by Jirachi, since it was because of that power that he was able to make the Empire of the Rising Sun what it is now.

The other issue is Arceus’s resistance faction. Right now, as you have it, the resistance has even a lesser chance of beating the Ara’kaiz, having really only a handful of legendaries left besides a fragmented and pretty much defeated fighting force. The Ara’kaiz have only just arrived and are totally fighting fit, while Morbane’s Empire of the Rising Sun has superior strength (whatever Jirachi gave them), and already has pretty much all of the conquered world’s assets. The resistance, however, has barely anything, and in that retrospect, any RPer deciding to join that side would have to be some kind of hardass to jump into an RP with that much of a disadvantage already.

In terms of the resistance, I know you want to keep the resistance bruised and battered which is fine considering the storyline’s setting, but they need some kind of hope, and as it stands, they have zilch when it comes to that. Right now, the Ara’kaiz have a strong initial power, and the Empire also has strong initial power, even though they’ve taken some damage. For the resistance, I think it would be a good idea to give them a subtle power that starts off small, and grows over time. They just need to survive long enough for said power to evolve/grow to the point where they have a chance at defeating both the Ara’kaiz and the Empire. Otherwise, they’re just the monkey in the middle for the entire RP.

WITH THE WAY IT IS NOW

It just seems hard to tell if Arceus and the Ara’kaiz are actually allies or not (I’m guessing they’re enemies, but its hard to draw the line considering Arceus summoned them). For one thing, the Ara’kaiz seem like they’re out to continue the cycle and end the world of Pokémon once again. If Arceus called in the beacon to summon the Ara’kaiz and knew about their role in the cycle, he essentially completely betrayed every one of his Pokémon followers and the entire resistance faction, not to mention risk destroying everything he’s ever created (which seems very counter intuitive). To me, in the original setting, it sounds like Arceus is expecting his resistance faction to accept being destroyed and continuing the cycle, and he’s deceitful and self-destructive knowing what the Ara’akiz are and what they’re capable of. Eh… not too crazy, it makes Arceus seem like he’s insane and has completely lost his marbles.

So with the arrival of the Ara’kaiz, would they and the resistance be working together, even though the resistance unknowingly is driving itself toward its own doom by helping the Ara’kaiz? But if they’re enemies… why did Arceus summon them? It doesn’t make too much sense, sorry.

Meanwhile, in your background story, you mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Battered and beleaguered, the remaining Legends and the Pokemon that have united to defend themselves against humanity's onslaught gather on the slopes of Mt. Coronet. Many have lost hope; the ones that still dare to dream turn their eyes towards the heavens, searching for a sign from their god, Arceus, a hope of salvation to turn the tides of this war. Yet as the armies of the Rising Sun approach, it seems that no hope remains. Surrounded, the Legends and their followers prepare to make their last stand.
Quote:
The Empire would probably control the Kanto-Johto complex, and everywhere else is left up to the resistance groups.
So how did they go from having almost nothing to having almost everything?

HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE

Arceus and Azkathon as separate, rival creation “gods.” – Instead of Arceus calling upon Azkathon for help, Azkathon sees Arceus and his followers in trouble, and decides to take advantage of the situation by taking his own Ara’kaiz forces to essentially steal the world from Arceus’s hands, and put his own creation rival in exile.

This way, you have a perfectly good reason for the resistance and the Ara’kaiz to instinctively hate each other, for them to go to war, and for them to also fight the Empire. The resistance wants to put the Empire out of power (and payback, depending on those in the resistance faction), while the Ara’kaiz want to wrestle the world out of Arceus’s hands, and destroy the Empire as collateral. The cultists are the supporters of Azkathon and the Ara’kaiz, and are promised some kind of higher-power ascension if Azkathon wins the war. It would make sense due to humans being a foreign entity.

Faction power and standings:

The Ara’kaiz + Cultists – Have the army of Scrin-like creatures, while the cultists are granted some small fraction of power that mirrors what the Ara’kaiz has to a minor degree. They mainly have human weapons, but they’re already showing signs of turning into the Ara’kaiz, both physically and socially (we’ll say roughly 10%-20% like them). Think of Wikus in District 9. All of them have the life-draining power, meant to be held for Azkathon, but can be used for themselves in emergency, life-threatening situations. As for the Pokémon of the cultists, they too, are slowly becoming more like the Ara’kaiz themselves.

Controls: – Sinnoh, and possibly a few other smaller regions like Fiore, Almia, and so on. Most of their force has not landed yet.

Technology: – Void/oblivion alien-like weaponry, as well as their natural powers of draining life-force. On par with what the Empire has.

RPers control: – Human cultists, bearing some slight resemblance to the Ara’kaiz, such as an transfigured arm, appendages growing from their back, or something like that. They also have a minor form of their ability.

Arceus’s Resistance – Consists of the surviving legendaries, Pokémon loyal to Arceus and against the Empire, as well as humans that faithfully follow Arceus despite how bad the situation looks. Currently, their numbers are low, they are scattered and divided, and are barely surviving. However, only they have the legendaries, as no legendary currently willingly follows either the Ara’kaiz or the Empire.

Controls: – Scattered around the globe, mostly hiding in Orre, Hoenn, and so on.

Technology: – Limited modern day salvaged technology. Very limited in effectiveness against both the Ara’kaiz and the Empire.

RPers control: – You’re going to think I’m nuts, but let them control the surviving legendaries. Considering the nature of the RP, Arceus’s Resistance should be nailed when it comes to personnel, resources, weaponry, and so on if the Empire has already trashed them into near-extermination. However, if you let RPers command the surviving legendaries, they’ll have way more of a role when it comes to trying to swing things around in favor for Arceus’s Resistance and will need to be resourceful when it comes to using their powers. Any legend not taken by an RPer could be considered dead (unless the number of resistance sign ups is low). I’m thinking have at least 10 surviving legendaries. The humans and Pokémon can be NPCS.

Morbane’s Empire of the Rising Sun: – Consists of humans and Pokémon empowered by whatever source of power Morbane received from Jirachi. Now, they command much of the world, but the arrival of the Ara’kaiz challenges them. Their numbers are strong, and they’re ready to take the Ara’kaiz head-on.

Controls: Johto/Kanto, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Unova, and most of the richer parts of the world.

Technology: – Strong modern day technology (AKA Future Weapons material), plus anything that benefitted from Morbane’s wish.

RPers Control: Humans

Whew, I wrote a lot there. Tell me what you think.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
The Ara'kaiz, however, seem drastically overpowered though, and the presence of Azkathon seems to reinforce that. Instead of Arceus serving Azkathon, I think it might be better to have them as equals, where they both have the same kind of caliber of power. They could also be rivals of creation, where Arceus and Azkathon have always been heated competition to create the better worlds. Seeing that Arceus is failing with the world of Pokémon (You don’t know how badly I wish they would just name the planet already, but we’ll go with Pokéarth for now), Azkathon sees it as the perfect opportunity to humiliate Arceus by sending in his legions of Ara’kaiz to essentially hijack the planet from Arceus’s grasp, claim it for himself, and laughingly stab Arceus’s pride (both can be immortal/extremely powerful, so even though they can’t kill each other, they can still affect each other’s creations and humiliate the other with their own accomplishments). However, with the rise of Empire, Azkathon realizes that wrestling Pokéarth from their grasp might actually be a challenging (and possibly entertaining) battle, but he’s confident enough to continue the campaign. You could also keep the Ara’kaiz as Scrin-like creatures, I think that works.
I prefer the Lovecraftian view, though what you say has merit. The way I see it, Arceus is fed up with having to serve Azkathon (wouldn't you, after having to see your creations destroyed over and over again?), but lacks either the power or the nerve to oppose him outright. But when something unexpected happens with the cycle, he finally sees a hope of resistance and decides to take it. Thus, he summons the Ara'kaiz long before he should have, at a point where the world isn't complacent enough to be wiped out and when the Ara'kaiz themselves are not ready. The Ara'kaiz are really expecting to descend upon an unsuspecting world that has been made complacent by centuries of peace without the capability to defend itself, but what they find is a highly militarized and aggressive civilization waiting for them.

Also, yeah, smaller Pokemon are basically terrified of the Ara'kaiz while the bigger ones are more apt to fight back. So agreed on that point.

Quote:
In terms of the Empire and Morbane, Morbane’s wish for power to conquer the world is pretty vague, so in order to flesh out how the Empire rose up in strength, you need to go back to the source. What kind of power was Morbane given, how did he use it, and how does that power now shape the Empire to what it is today? What made the Empire strong enough to rise up and defeat all other factions that were in their way? Was it an ability to create drastically powerful technology, have extreme intellect, create elite super-soldiers, possible realty-bending powers, or something even beyond that? I think a lot of the Empire’s 20 year history really depends on what exactly Morbane was given by Jirachi, since it was because of that power that he was able to make the Empire of the Rising Sun what it is now.
I'm imagining it to be a One Ring-esque kind of power, the ability to bend hearts to his will and coordinate his forces with unprecedented efficiency through an omnipresent will that lies in all who swear allegiance to him. So basically, he's Sauron.

Quote:
The other issue is Arceus’s resistance faction. Right now, as you have it, the resistance has even a lesser chance of beating the Ara’kaiz, having really only a handful of legendaries left besides a fragmented and pretty much defeated fighting force. The Ara’kaiz have only just arrived and are totally fighting fit, while Morbane’s Empire of the Rising Sun has superior strength (whatever Jirachi gave them), and already has pretty much all of the conquered world’s assets. The resistance, however, has barely anything, and in that retrospect, any RPer deciding to join that side would have to be some kind of hardass to jump into an RP with that much of a disadvantage already.

In terms of the resistance, I know you want to keep the resistance bruised and battered which is fine considering the storyline’s setting, but they need some kind of hope, and as it stands, they have zilch when it comes to that. Right now, the Ara’kaiz have a strong initial power, and the Empire also has strong initial power, even though they’ve taken some damage. For the resistance, I think it would be a good idea to give them a subtle power that starts off small, and grows over time. They just need to survive long enough for said power to evolve/grow to the point where they have a chance at defeating both the Ara’kaiz and the Empire. Otherwise, they’re just the monkey in the middle for the entire RP.
My response to this also answers the question you asked and the problem of Ara'kaiz supremacy. Namely, the resistance is battered and bruised, but so is everyone else. The Empire (need a better name for them btw) was decimated by the Ara'kaiz attack and really took the brunt of the invasion. They've been weakened to the point where Morbane decided to simply give up on holding the outer provinces and concentrate his military on the Kanto-Johto complex, where the heart of his industry and power lies. The resistance, on the other hand, has always been lying underground (figuratively and literally) and independent on official infrastructure. As such, they've hardly been affected by the Ara'kaiz at all. The fact that the Empire abandoned the other regions basically leaves them as the only government that exists at all. Sure, they have an enormous job on their hands fending off the Ara'kaiz and attempting to rebuild and arm their forces, but this is basically their trump card. If they can survive and build through the invasion while the Ara'kaiz and the Empire fight each other (both consider the resistance basically a non-threat, at the start of the RP at least, and the Ara'kaiz might not even know they exist) then they have a strong chance of defeating the Empire. Moreover, they can also have an alliance with the non-captured Legendary Pokemon, who form the majority of the remaining Legendaries and more-or-less control the Pokemon of the world. Obviously, Pokemon lack a real organizational structure, so that's an issue that'll have to be worked out over the course of the RP.

Life in Kanto-Johto is bad right now, but life outside it is really, really bad. This leaves a lot of young men and women with nothing to lose desperately wanting to do something. So resistance recruitment is going to go up like 10,000% in the first few months after the invasion. And they have tons of abandoned infrastructure and weapons that the Empire left behind in their panic to evacuate to work with. For the resistance RPers, the question is if they can rise to the occasion.

Quote:
It just seems hard to tell if Arceus and the Ara’kaiz are actually allies or not (I’m guessing they’re enemies, but its hard to draw the line considering Arceus summoned them). For one thing, the Ara’kaiz seem like they’re out to continue the cycle and end the world of Pokémon once again. If Arceus called in the beacon to summon the Ara’kaiz and knew about their role in the cycle, he essentially completely betrayed every one of his Pokémon followers and the entire resistance faction, not to mention risk destroying everything he’s ever created (which seems very counter intuitive). To me, in the original setting, it sounds like Arceus is expecting his resistance faction to accept being destroyed and continuing the cycle, and he’s deceitful and self-destructive knowing what the Ara’akiz are and what they’re capable of. Eh… not too crazy, it makes Arceus seem like he’s insane and has completely lost his marbles.
So, as I said before, Arceus and the Ara'kaiz are enemies. Arceus summoned them because he saw that the situation on Pokearth was getting too dire, and that humanity would wipe out Pokemon before long. In addition, the fact that they were in the middle of a war meant that humanity was at the height of military strength, so the maximum possibility of defeating the invasion had been reached (by design, Pokemon alone could never defeat the Ara'kaiz; the humans make the difference) So he summoned the Ara'kaiz before they themselves were fully recovered from the last invasion. What he hopes will happen is that the threat of total annihilation from an outside force will cause humans, both the Empire and the resistance, to band together with Pokemon to defeat the Ara'kaiz. Of course, whether that happens is the point of the RP.

More points on the Ara'kaiz: Their initial landing was scattered all across the globe since they didn't expect much of a fight, with a higher concentration near Mt. Coronet. As a result, they launched massive attacks everywhere, leaving almost no place untouched by the invasion. Because of the surprise nature of the attack, they did a lot of damage. However, as the invasion progressed and Morbane's armies returned to Kanto-Johto, the Ara'kaiz were driven from the primary population centers there and now mostly lie in bases to the north of the region (in Kanto-Johto anyways, they are still strong in other parts of the world). Meanwhile, heavy Ara'kaiz activity remains in the other regions, where the resistance is busy trying to build up an army to defeat them. The worst is in Sinnoh, which has been rendered almost uninhabitable to Pokearth lifeforms. However, the Ara'kaiz themselves are badly hurt. They were not ready for the invasion, and the scattered nature of their forces meant they lost a lot of resources. Most importantly, the Ara'kaiz have no way to replenish their armies on Pokearth, so the longer the battle goes on the less and less likely they will be able to win. They will lose any war of attrition. As a result, they are experimenting with the cultists to attempt to create an army out of the humans. At the start of the RP, the number of cultists is very, very small, consisting mostly of kidnapped and brainwashed humans.

Finally, on Azkathon himself. The Lovecraftian in me says he will have no role in the RP itself at all. The spans of time to which he is accustomed to means he cannot react rapidly to changing conditions, which is why he created Arceus and the Ara'kaiz to do his bidding in the first place. The Ara'kaiz don't expect help from their master, and Arceus knows if that the humans defeat the Ara'kaiz Azkathon can do nothing about it. Heck, he probably won't even know about it until humans are flying around the galaxy in starships. So he's basically a non-factor as far as RPers are concerned.

Quote:
Faction power and standings:

The Ara’kaiz + Cultists – Have the army of Scrin-like creatures, while the cultists are granted some small fraction of power that mirrors what the Ara’kaiz has to a minor degree. They mainly have human weapons, but they’re already showing signs of turning into the Ara’kaiz, both physically and socially (we’ll say roughly 10%-20% like them). Think of Wikus in District 9. All of them have the life-draining power, meant to be held for Azkathon, but can be used for themselves in emergency, life-threatening situations. As for the Pokémon of the cultists, they too, are slowly becoming more like the Ara’kaiz themselves.

Controls: – Sinnoh, and possibly a few other smaller regions like Fiore, Almia, and so on. Most of their force has not landed yet.

Technology: – Void/oblivion alien-like weaponry, as well as their natural powers of draining life-force. On par with what the Empire has.

RPers control: – Human cultists, bearing some slight resemblance to the Ara’kaiz, such as an transfigured arm, appendages growing from their back, or something like that. They also have a minor form of their ability.

Arceus’s Resistance – Consists of the surviving legendaries, Pokémon loyal to Arceus and against the Empire, as well as humans that faithfully follow Arceus despite how bad the situation looks. Currently, their numbers are low, they are scattered and divided, and are barely surviving. However, only they have the legendaries, as no legendary currently willingly follows either the Ara’kaiz or the Empire.

Controls: – Scattered around the globe, mostly hiding in Orre, Hoenn, and so on.

Technology: – Limited modern day salvaged technology. Very limited in effectiveness against both the Ara’kaiz and the Empire.

RPers control: – You’re going to think I’m nuts, but let them control the surviving legendaries. Considering the nature of the RP, Arceus’s Resistance should be nailed when it comes to personnel, resources, weaponry, and so on if the Empire has already trashed them into near-extermination. However, if you let RPers command the surviving legendaries, they’ll have way more of a role when it comes to trying to swing things around in favor for Arceus’s Resistance and will need to be resourceful when it comes to using their powers. Any legend not taken by an RPer could be considered dead (unless the number of resistance sign ups is low). I’m thinking have at least 10 surviving legendaries. The humans and Pokémon can be NPCS.

Morbane’s Empire of the Rising Sun: – Consists of humans and Pokémon empowered by whatever source of power Morbane received from Jirachi. Now, they command much of the world, but the arrival of the Ara’kaiz challenges them. Their numbers are strong, and they’re ready to take the Ara’kaiz head-on.

Controls: Johto/Kanto, Hoenn, Orange Islands, Unova, and most of the richer parts of the world.

Technology: – Strong modern day technology (AKA Future Weapons material), plus anything that benefitted from Morbane’s wish.

RPers Control: Humans
Agreed on most points. I think letting RPers control Legendaries is okay, but I don't really want to see everyone in the resistance being Legendaries. There's a lot of disagreement between the Legendaries about whether allying themselves with the humans is a good idea. Arceus hasn't really sat down and talked to them about the whole thing. As for the Ara'kaiz, I wonder if I should let them be an RP-able faction at all. Depending on how high activity is, I'd rather the RP have two factions with a couple of members each rather than three with hardly anyone. I think that the resistance will be the biggest group.

As for Unova... I really know nothing about it, and I think it might be best to just leave it out entirely considering that we basically know nothing about the region or what kind of Pokemon live there.

Oh, also, if you still have CNC3 installed we should play a game sometime :P

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 02-10-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
I prefer the Lovecraftian view, though what you say has merit. The way I see it, Arceus is fed up with having to serve Azkathon (wouldn't you, after having to see your creations destroyed over and over again?), but lacks either the power or the nerve to oppose him outright. But when something unexpected happens with the cycle, he finally sees a hope of resistance and decides to take it. Thus, he summons the Ara'kaiz long before he should have, at a point where the world isn't complacent enough to be wiped out and when the Ara'kaiz themselves are not ready. The Ara'kaiz are really expecting to descend upon an unsuspecting world that has been made complacent by centuries of peace without the capability to defend itself, but what they find is a highly militarized and aggressive civilization waiting for them.

Also, yeah, smaller Pokemon are basically terrified of the Ara'kaiz while the bigger ones are more apt to fight back. So agreed on that point.
Haven’t read any of HP Lovecraft’s stuff, but I can see where you’re going, and it also works. Arceus could be the underdog, trying to find a way to break the cycle by calling in the Ara’kaiz when they’re expecting to decimate a world weakened by peace. Instead, he essentially leads them into a trap, and now they find themselves locked in war against forces that have been very prone to fighting and combat.

But yes, this also works, and if you prefer this route, its definitely workable.

Quote:
I'm imagining it to be a One Ring-esque kind of power, the ability to bend hearts to his will and coordinate his forces with unprecedented efficiency through an omnipresent will that lies in all who swear allegiance to him. So basically, he's Sauron.
The only thing I’m concerned about this kind of power is bunnying, but if the RPers aren’t directly affected by it, then it should be fine. NPCs, however, can be still drawn toward it.

Quote:
My response to this also answers the question you asked and the problem of Ara'kaiz supremacy. Namely, the resistance is battered and bruised, but so is everyone else. The Empire (need a better name for them btw) was decimated by the Ara'kaiz attack and really took the brunt of the invasion. They've been weakened to the point where Morbane decided to simply give up on holding the outer provinces and concentrate his military on the Kanto-Johto complex, where the heart of his industry and power lies. The resistance, on the other hand, has always been lying underground (figuratively and literally) and independent on official infrastructure. As such, they've hardly been affected by the Ara'kaiz at all. The fact that the Empire abandoned the other regions basically leaves them as the only government that exists at all. Sure, they have an enormous job on their hands fending off the Ara'kaiz and attempting to rebuild and arm their forces, but this is basically their trump card. If they can survive and build through the invasion while the Ara'kaiz and the Empire fight each other (both consider the resistance basically a non-threat, at the start of the RP at least, and the Ara'kaiz might not even know they exist) then they have a strong chance of defeating the Empire. Moreover, they can also have an alliance with the non-captured Legendary Pokemon, who form the majority of the remaining Legendaries and more-or-less control the Pokemon of the world. Obviously, Pokemon lack a real organizational structure, so that's an issue that'll have to be worked out over the course of the RP.
Sounds fine, I think that definitely still works. I guess I thought the Empire was still a very strong and dominant world power, but now, I see that while they’re stronger than the Resistance, they’ve lost a lot of their power, and are struggling to take it back from the Ara’kaiz.

As for the resistance, since they still have the legendaries, I guess you’re right that they still have hope, even though their survival depends greatly on how much the Empire and the Ara’kaiz focus on each other and ignore what the fragmented resistance is doing. Also, to make sure people don’t jump on taking legendaries so swiftly and easily, you could require that if they take a legendary Pokémon as a character, that legendary has to start off seriously wounded and/or crippled in one way or another (deafness, blindness, possible limb amputation, and so on), whereas humans that are a part of the resistance wouldn’t be required to do that.

Quote:
So, as I said before, Arceus and the Ara'kaiz are enemies. Arceus summoned them because he saw that the situation on Pokearth was getting too dire, and that humanity would wipe out Pokemon before long. In addition, the fact that they were in the middle of a war meant that humanity was at the height of military strength, so the maximum possibility of defeating the invasion had been reached (by design, Pokemon alone could never defeat the Ara'kaiz; the humans make the difference) So he summoned the Ara'kaiz before they themselves were fully recovered from the last invasion. What he hopes will happen is that the threat of total annihilation from an outside force will cause humans, both the Empire and the resistance, to band together with Pokemon to defeat the Ara'kaiz. Of course, whether that happens is the point of the RP.
Okay, this definitely makes a whole lot more sense. In this scenario, all sides have been weakened in some way, but are still capable of keeping up the fight to some degree. So yeah, if you like this setup more, use it.

Quote:
More points on the Ara'kaiz: Their initial landing was scattered all across the globe since they didn't expect much of a fight, with a higher concentration near Mt. Coronet. As a result, they launched massive attacks everywhere, leaving almost no place untouched by the invasion. Because of the surprise nature of the attack, they did a lot of damage. However, as the invasion progressed and Morbane's armies returned to Kanto-Johto, the Ara'kaiz were driven from the primary population centers there and now mostly lie in bases to the north of the region (in Kanto-Johto anyways, they are still strong in other parts of the world). Meanwhile, heavy Ara'kaiz activity remains in the other regions, where the resistance is busy trying to build up an army to defeat them. The worst is in Sinnoh, which has been rendered almost uninhabitable to Pokearth lifeforms. However, the Ara'kaiz themselves are badly hurt. They were not ready for the invasion, and the scattered nature of their forces meant they lost a lot of resources. Most importantly, the Ara'kaiz have no way to replenish their armies on Pokearth, so the longer the battle goes on the less and less likely they will be able to win. They will lose any war of attrition. As a result, they are experimenting with the cultists to attempt to create an army out of the humans. At the start of the RP, the number of cultists is very, very small, consisting mostly of kidnapped and brainwashed humans.
Okay, this, is definitely a good setup, I think you’ve pretty much balanced everything out nicely with this. And their reasons and motives for using the cultists is definitely a good one, I think you’ve got it pretty much down packed with this.

Quote:
Finally, on Azkathon himself. The Lovecraftian in me says he will have no role in the RP itself at all. The spans of time to which he is accustomed to means he cannot react rapidly to changing conditions, which is why he created Arceus and the Ara'kaiz to do his bidding in the first place. The Ara'kaiz don't expect help from their master, and Arceus knows if that the humans defeat the Ara'kaiz Azkathon can do nothing about it. Heck, he probably won't even know about it until humans are flying around the galaxy in starships. So he's basically a non-factor as far as RPers are concerned.
No problem. Having that extra dynamic to the RP is fine though.

Quote:
Agreed on most points. I think letting RPers control Legendaries is okay, but I don't really want to see everyone in the resistance being Legendaries. There's a lot of disagreement between the Legendaries about whether allying themselves with the humans is a good idea. Arceus hasn't really sat down and talked to them about the whole thing. As for the Ara'kaiz, I wonder if I should let them be an RP-able faction at all. Depending on how high activity is, I'd rather the RP have two factions with a couple of members each rather than three with hardly anyone. I think that the resistance will be the biggest group.
Again, like I mentioned above, forcing people to play a wounded and crippled legendary, if they take them, would deter people from jumping so quickly and so easily onto making a sign up for them. And if they decide to anyway, it would put them in a situation where they’d have to be open-minded and think of other ways of being resourceful. For example, an RPer that’s RPing a blinded Mewtwo would probably have to force himself to use his psychic abilities to telepathically probe the surrounding area to have a bearing on his surroundings. Of course, as he’s doing that, his concentration is divided and can’t use the full potential of his psychic powers for attacking at the same time.

As for the Ara’kaiz, I agree with you that it might just be better to have them as an NPC faction.

Quote:
As for Unova... I really know nothing about it, and I think it might be best to just leave it out entirely considering that we basically know nothing about the region or what kind of Pokemon live there.
Just in case, you could say it was completely decimated in the initial attack, that some kind of Ara’kaiz superweapon (that’s gone too now) destroyed it and leveled it completely. One example is the Ara’kaiz used a void/oblivion displacement superweapon on it, and all that remains of Unova is essentially a hole of oblivion that consumes the existence of anything that flies into it. Thankfully, said Void Superweapon was completely destroyed before it was used a second time.

Quote:
Oh, also, if you still have CNC3 installed we should play a game sometime :P
I have Tiberium Wars (not installed on this machine right now, I’m looking into buying a new computer because the processor on this thing is awful and has had issues lately), but I don’t have Kane’s Wrath. I also haven’t played TW for at least a year by now (replaced mostly by Starcraft II), so I’d be badly out of practice. :P

It’s a really decent game, though every time I’ve played with my brother, we’ve harvested and burned out all the Tiberium fields on the map very, very quickly and many times we’ve hit near-stalemates because of it. Other than that repeating issue, the game is fantastic.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
dualismlover Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualismlover View Post
Wow, I am actually surprised and very glad that a forum such as this came on. To me, it's a miracle in helping me create an RP. This the first RP I have ever created, so I hope it meets expectations from y'all (from Texas, sorry). I used NeoPikachu's RP creator guide for help plus some things from my history class .

RP Title: Don't quite know yet. Have something like "The Final Conspiracy" on mind.

RP Fandom Basis: Heavy emphasis on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, as well as anime references. I also used a lot of information from American History particularly the 1900s as well as lots of references to real-life cities. Also, I borrowed information off of government conspiracy theories, particularly Jessie Ventura's show on TruTv.

Opening Plot/Exposition:

The whole story takes place in a small country called Sententia (latin for decision) located between Hoenn and Johto, similar to where Alto Mare is located. Like the other MD series, this place is only inhabited by Pokemon, although Sententia won its isolation through fighting as well as radio technology shielding. Technology is relativity retro, like 1950/60-ish, but some cities are more advanced, others more primitive. The main distinguishing feature of Sententia is its cities, with a total of 18 of them in all. 17 of them are held as "representative cities" of each of the 17 Pokemon types, though this only refers to the majority of the Pokemon living there (for example a fire type can still live in the rock-type city, but he'll be pretty rare). The last city is the central government, which rules over the entire country.

The cities as shown are:

Halcitta (Dragon)- Based off San Francisco
Vi Clero (Electric)- Based off Los Angeles
Platina(Water)- Based off a combination of Miami and Honolulu
Celikon (Steel)- Based off New York
Zelape (Poison)- B.O. Seattle
Jus Livas (Dark)- B.O. Las Vegas
Amonter (Normal)- B.O. Philadelphia
Galapil (Flying)- B.O. Chicago
Fialem (Fire)- B.O. Phoenix, Arizona
Mawerk (Fighting)- B.O. Detroit
Daiesta (Ghost)- B.O. New Orleans
Lupenio (Ground)- B.O. San Antonio
Helberg (Bug)- B.O. Denver
Fertilgia (Grass)- B.O. Atlanta, Georgia
Strukote (Rock)- B.O. Indianapolis
Raidivan (Psychic)- B.O. Boston
Fryzert (Ice)- B.O. Anchorage, Alaska (sorry, no Sarah Palin here )
Kon Tis (The Government)- B.O. Washington D.C.

One blatant social problem though, is rampant racism. Although there is no direct segregation or Jim Crow laws, the Pokemon types have fallen into a sort of "hierarchy" of social stereotypes and prejudices. No one knows how it came into being, or why it was set up this way, but Pokemon still follow it to this day. With Normal being in the middle of the 17 types, the ones above are treated like upper-class citizens, normally better than the others. Below Normal though, are the types treated like "blacks" or other minorities of America during the 1900s. Lower types are denied jobs and shunned out of schools due to type, while the Upper Types bask in their privileges. However, not all Uppers are bad, and all Lowers good. Normals can go to either side, as they are the most common type in the country.

Listed here are the Types in order from Highest to Lowest:

Psychic- The rich elite/aristocrats. Regarded as the "smartest" type and many of them control much of the economy. Plus with their abilities they do lots of things like reading minds or levitating objects.
Ice- Treated like Psychic wannabes, but respected due to their rarity.
Dragon- The only type up here not because of wealth but because of morality. They are "wisest" types, and many are priests, teachers, mentors.
Electric- The celebrities, spokespersons, tv anchors, Electrics rule the media. Rich and famous, they set the trends. So far their usual "blond hair, blue eyes" look is hip.
Steel- Business people, innovative and inventive, they often are the ones who come up with new inventions or technology.
Flying- Respected for their flying ability. Many are postmen, carriers, messengers.
Water- Happy-go-lucky, fun-loving, Water-types are genuinely loved by most of the country. They make up most of the tourists.
Fire- Somewhat feared due to their powers, but respected due to their passion and creativity. Many artists are Fire-types with "burning passion", but also have short fuzes.
Normal- The average joes. They can be whatever they wish as they are neither high nor low.
Rock- The "westerners" of the country. They are backward compared to their cousin Steel types, and thus regarded as not very intelligent.
Grass- Regarded as farmers and hippies, Grass-types are regarded as even dumber than Rock types, who can only farm although they supply most of the food to the country.
Ground- Treated like the Indians of America. They have exotic customs, but are never really treated properly.
Dark- The gamblers/conmen of the country. The "bad boys" of the types, they are considered charming, suave, but at the same time out to get your money.
Ghost- Treated like weird people, like those of a Freak Show.
Bug- Similar to Ghosts, except regarded like aliens more than freaks.
Fighting- The Ghetto of the nation. Rude, uncultured, violent, with no morals, they are claimed only to exist just to fill the prisons.
Poison- Similar to the Untouchables of the Hindu Caste System, Pokemon go out of their way to avoid them, or make sure they get the worst jobs possible.

Rescue Teams are a key figure in the fabric of Sententia. Called upon like the militia, rescue teams are essentially the military of the nation, one to each major city. They serve their Guildmaster, who is given the same level of respect as a city mayor, and live in separate areas of the city not accessible to normal citizens. Calls for help and mission posters are given to the assigned building of the guild, and teams complete them as they arrive. As they complete missions, their rank rises and so does their level of respect in the country. For many Lower types, this is seen as their only hope to get some recognition in society, and for Upper types, it is a method to get famous.

As for the actual plot itself, I have managed to create a plot similar to usual RPGs. The story unfolds as the Guildmasters of the cities hold an emergency meeting in the Union Commercial building, the tallest skyscraper in the most advanced city in the country: Celikon. They were intending to talk about an incident of nearly getting spotted by humans coming from Hoenn to Johto. A few moments later, a human Boeing 747 crashes into the tower, completely demolishing it to the ground and throwing the entire population of Sententia into a state of panic and chaos. The bodies of the Guildmasters are never found, and Psychic officials state that overwhelming interference of the panicked people prevented them from finding the mental trail of the Guildmasters. The Government in Kon Tis quickly makes a statement that the country is under attack by humans, citing the weakness of their current president in allowing such a thing to happen. "This is what you get with democracy!" they claim, "Weakness and cowards! Only a strong government can keep us all safe!"

The real truth though is that the federal government, made up of representatives of the 17 cities, has several members who are actually corrupt. In a conspiracy, the corrupt members actually did it themselves. The officilas took advantage of a secret society of overly outspoken Lower Types, who were trying through demonstrations to win racial equality in the city. They then brainwashed them through false conspiracy theories into thinking that the Guildmasters were actually responsible for keeping the constant racial tension going on, and the government was actually trying to help. They blamed it on the forced "representative type" of each city, citing the "unusual coincidence" that the Guildmasters were each the same type as the city claimed to represent and never elected one of a different type (although in truth, this is mostly due to the fact that each representative element accurately describes the majority of the city's population). The corrupt officials went so far as to claim that violence was the only way to earn their freedom, by eliminating the Guildmasters themselves and reestablishing racial equality with the "representative element" tradition out of the way.

"If you can get rid of Guildmasters," the corrupt officials stated, "Then we assure you, the government will do all in its power to make sure all Pokemon will become equal, just as the Constitution has stated."

Now violent radicals, the Lower Type secret society hijacked human plane from the Johto Territory through a secret mission and set it off themselves with hope that the government would free all Lower types from their shackles of prejudice. The plan worked as intended and in the wake of terrified citizens, the government "humbly asked" the public for complete government control of the country in order to "fend off" the attackers. In reality, this is only a dark attempt to take advantage of the fear and paranoia of the citizens of Sententia.

And as for the good intentioned Lower Type radicals, the corrupt officials gave tapes of the meetings the secret society had to the good officials who were off Upper type, showing the "true cause" as to why the Guildmasters vanished. Unknowing that they were being used, the good officials exposed all the tapes to the public, enraging the citizens of the "treacherous n****r" Lower types and only furthering racial tension in the country. Electric-type reporters paraded around Lower Type cities, talking about the "Human sympathizers" and "traitors to their own country". And in public hysteria, the short-fuzed Fire-types of Fialem, and the powerful Psychic-types of Radivan created a blockade to the entire city of Zelape, the Poison-type city, since most of the radicals were Poison-types. The city now is starving with no more trade and imports of food or supplies. The moral Dragon-types in Halcitta opposed this, but no one listened to them.

But the corrupt officials struck once again. Seeing the opportunity of racial violence as a window to help seize power, the corrupt members manufactured a series of wild, false tapes that portrayed that the good officials were actually in fact, traitors themselves as well. The tapes showed the good officials, along with many Upper Types holding a meeting to actually brainwash the secret Lower Type society themselves that led up to the bombing of the Union Commercial Center, under the intent of making the public hate Lower-types even further. The false tapes claimed that the Upper types did it to "help preserve the pure races." The corrupt officials then showed this to the public, creating even more confusion amongst the people. Now the citizens don't know what to do, and who was right and who was wrong. Uppers and Lowers were against each other with more hatred than all previous generations combined.

But this was where the true plan of the corrupt officials of Kon Tis kicked into high gear. They made a statement saying that the Uppers and Lowers together had initiated the massive terrorist attack on the Guildmaster in order to leave the guilds leaderless, and brainwash the rescue teams in order to create military rule of the country. In the paranoia stricken cities of Sententia, the corrupt members began slowly take more and more control of the government. They went under the guise as being noble and righteous, and began to accuse any opponents to their regime of being traitors to get rid of them. Many mayors have been thrown into jail under "crimes against Sententia", as well as innocent civilians.

At the same time, the corrupt members have hired agents to go search for a hidden artifact said to give immense power to its owner, in essence a god-gem. With that in hand, the corrupt members could easily wrest power of the country and rule the land as they wish. even if the citizens found out of the corruption and foiled their plan A. The agents themselves don't know that they are working for corrupt governmental officials, only the fact that they seem to be doing the country a favor by helping the "noble officials" to find the artifact to help eliminate the traitors.

This artifact was lost many years ago, and is known only by its name in the stories, the "Manhattan", pronounced, "Man-hadn't". This artifact in reality is the very same device used by ancestors of Sententia to help gain freedom for their own country. A central orb made of enchanted crystal, surrounded by a disc of half-silver and half-gold, the artifact is decorated with 17 ancient symbols meant to symbolize the 17 Pokemon types. The crystal in the center is a carved replica of the Pokemon world, meant to symbolize a "World for all", but nowadays interpreted as "World domination". The exact function of "Manhattan" was to free Sententia from control of its colonizer country: Orre. With the ability to give one access to the moves of the Legendaries, with power tenfold, a Pokemon was said to have used it to call on the move Judgement of Arceus. It's sheer power later completely decimated Orre in a "mushroom cloud" and left it as the wasteland it is today. Fearing misuse of such a device, its creators attempted to destroy it, but later on decided to merely break it apart and hide the pieces, should Humans try and attack Sententia again. The artifact is currently hidden in four parts. One is the crystal orb, two are the broken halves of the surrounding disc, and the last part is actually the instruction manual to the "Manhattan" project. "Manhattan"'s creators hid the parts well, but left cryptic messages and clues in many famous artifacts (a la National Treasure style) so they could be found again in case in time of need once more.

The truly good members of the government though, have become aware of this plan with their own spy, and decide to secretly contact the now leaderless guilds for assistance with their plans. Since they know they cannot outright attack the corrupt members under fear for their own life, they decide to ask the Rescue team members to try find the artifact before the corrupt officials' agents do, or to try and expose the corrupt members to the public.

The player is given the choice to be either a corrupt official's agent or as a Rescue Team. Rescue Teams are tasked with the mission to either search for the artifact, or try and expose one of the corrupt officials to the public. Agents only have to search for the artifact, but at the same time avoid getting attacked by Rescue Teams who know the truth.

The adventure comes from the fact that the artifact is broken in to four pieces, and while each side knows what city they are located in, the exact location is unknown. Also, members of both sides will have to deal with the racial prejudice of the Sententia society. Even Upper Types will be disrespected in a Lower Type city. The species rank will also be used by the Corrupt official to try and accuse the Rescue Team if they try and expose them.

Inspiration: I mostly created this out of a desire to make a highly detailed and cultural society, with a large plot that could be influenced by more realistic social events rather than just "good guy vs. bad guy". Racism, corruption, conspiracy, double-crossing, the whole lot is in there. Also, I wanted to make an RP that would influence a players decisions on more than just being a good or bad guy. Type alone makes things far more complicated.

Where I need help: My friends have read this at school, and told me this is more of a plot of a novel, rather than an RP. They say it's too structured and like they have little room to "breathe" or be creative. I claimed not, saying that I just put a lot of detail in it, but now I am not too sure. My main problem seems to be making the RP, more playable. I planned out everything down from the cities, to the racism, to the plot, even going as far as to give the types social rankings and stereotypes. I wanted to create random announcements, said by city officials about the upcoming "Meeting", mentioned above, to act as sort of a deadline or an opportunity, with a city official meeting coming up on a certain date that would have the citizens try and give power over to government.

In all honesty, I don't know. I tried to make the plot detailed with a second story line option, plus the option of good and bad, but I think I did it in the wrong way. Suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for your help and comments, I really want to make this RP good.
Golly, things sure have gotten exciting here haven't they. Man, thanks to this thread, I've managed to edit much of my plot to something more ornate with a darker twist. Lots of political reasons behind it too.

But, I've managed to hit a major wall. My friends have walked up to me, asking about the Type racism evident in the above quote of my "RP". Then, my genius friend asks me quickly: "What about dual-type Pokemon?" Those with two types...

I went like all, "Oh, crap..."

I have a major question for you guys on this thread. Above on the quote thing is a chart that lists the "hierarchy" of Pokemon types in the isolated nation of Sententia. However, what would happen if there were those with two types, and they were radically different.

E.X.: Lucario: Fighting/Steel type. Steel is way up near the top, while Fighting is second-lowest. How would he fit in society?

On a second note, for all of you guys who might want to play this RP. Some of my friends have warned me that some people might be offended by several elements of this RP. Since most of the creations have had basis off of often controversial historical events and stereotypes, I was just wondering if any of you might get offended? I do not want to make anyone here angry, you guys are all very nice here on these threads.

I have just created my little "artifact" known as "Manhattan", that plays a major role in the RP. I threw a whole lot of political undertones and hints of genocide associated with the item. The "Manhattan" itself was actually based off the Atomic bomb, which held the same codename "Manhattan" while it was being created in the U.S. to be dropped on Japan.

The plot itself in the RP thing above might offend other people too. There is a pretty thin allusion to the 9/11 World Trade Center with the conspiracy theory that the government itself had planned it the whole time, and other asides to fanatical cults of "lower races" and the Nazi allusion of "Pure Race" of the Upper types, as well as relations to Communism of corrupt government leaders.

I know it sounds silly to be asking such a question, since this is merely just an RP, but I seriously am worried that someone might get offended by the material on this RP. I've heard stories about people getting banned for putting such stuff online. And I don't want that to happen here. Most other people like to put fantastical elements, or post-apocalyptic or things that are generally to "out-there" to get people mad. However, I threw in plenty of things to try and make my RP more realistic that can easily hit home with some people out there.

Do you think this material is too offensive?

(P.S. Constructive criticism of the RP is much appreciated as well.)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
The only thing I’m concerned about this kind of power is bunnying, but if the RPers aren’t directly affected by it, then it should be fine. NPCs, however, can be still drawn toward it.
Well, it's supposed to be a very indirect and subtle sort of power, again like the One Ring. Imperial RPers would just feel a strong devotion to their Emperor and fight extra-hard because of it.

Quote:
Sounds fine, I think that definitely still works. I guess I thought the Empire was still a very strong and dominant world power, but now, I see that while they’re stronger than the Resistance, they’ve lost a lot of their power, and are struggling to take it back from the Ara’kaiz.

As for the resistance, since they still have the legendaries, I guess you’re right that they still have hope, even though their survival depends greatly on how much the Empire and the Ara’kaiz focus on each other and ignore what the fragmented resistance is doing. Also, to make sure people don’t jump on taking legendaries so swiftly and easily, you could require that if they take a legendary Pokémon as a character, that legendary has to start off seriously wounded and/or crippled in one way or another (deafness, blindness, possible limb amputation, and so on), whereas humans that are a part of the resistance wouldn’t be required to do that.
That sounds like a good idea, the crippled thing I mean. Would balance out the faction quite nicely.

Quote:
Just in case, you could say it was completely decimated in the initial attack, that some kind of Ara’kaiz superweapon (that’s gone too now) destroyed it and leveled it completely. One example is the Ara’kaiz used a void/oblivion displacement superweapon on it, and all that remains of Unova is essentially a hole of oblivion that consumes the existence of anything that flies into it. Thankfully, said Void Superweapon was completely destroyed before it was used a second time.
Ah, yeah that would work. Thanks for the idea.

Quote:
I have Tiberium Wars (not installed on this machine right now, I’m looking into buying a new computer because the processor on this thing is awful and has had issues lately), but I don’t have Kane’s Wrath. I also haven’t played TW for at least a year by now (replaced mostly by Starcraft II), so I’d be badly out of practice. :P

It’s a really decent game, though every time I’ve played with my brother, we’ve harvested and burned out all the Tiberium fields on the map very, very quickly and many times we’ve hit near-stalemates because of it. Other than that repeating issue, the game is fantastic.
Sounds like you ecoboom and turtle too much XD My 1v1 and 2v2 games usually ended long before running out of tiberium on the entire map was an issue. Also, I haven't played in over a year either, so we'd be pretty fair on that front. I was pretty good back in the day though, was ranked top 200 in the 2v2 ladder on KW at a point.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 02-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualismlover View Post
Golly, things sure have gotten exciting here haven't they. Man, thanks to this thread, I've managed to edit much of my plot to something more ornate with a darker twist. Lots of political reasons behind it too.

But, I've managed to hit a major wall. My friends have walked up to me, asking about the Type racism evident in the above quote of my "RP". Then, my genius friend asks me quickly: "What about dual-type Pokemon?" Those with two types...

I went like all, "Oh, crap..."

I have a major question for you guys on this thread. Above on the quote thing is a chart that lists the "hierarchy" of Pokemon types in the isolated nation of Sententia. However, what would happen if there were those with two types, and they were radically different.

E.X.: Lucario: Fighting/Steel type. Steel is way up near the top, while Fighting is second-lowest. How would he fit in society?

On a second note, for all of you guys who might want to play this RP. Some of my friends have warned me that some people might be offended by several elements of this RP. Since most of the creations have had basis off of often controversial historical events and stereotypes, I was just wondering if any of you might get offended? I do not want to make anyone here angry, you guys are all very nice here on these threads.

I have just created my little "artifact" known as "Manhattan", that plays a major role in the RP. I threw a whole lot of political undertones and hints of genocide associated with the item. The "Manhattan" itself was actually based off the Atomic bomb, which held the same codename "Manhattan" while it was being created in the U.S. to be dropped on Japan.

The plot itself in the RP thing above might offend other people too. There is a pretty thin allusion to the 9/11 World Trade Center with the conspiracy theory that the government itself had planned it the whole time, and other asides to fanatical cults of "lower races" and the Nazi allusion of "Pure Race" of the Upper types, as well as relations to Communism of corrupt government leaders.

I know it sounds silly to be asking such a question, since this is merely just an RP, but I seriously am worried that someone might get offended by the material on this RP. I've heard stories about people getting banned for putting such stuff online. And I don't want that to happen here. Most other people like to put fantastical elements, or post-apocalyptic or things that are generally to "out-there" to get people mad. However, I threw in plenty of things to try and make my RP more realistic that can easily hit home with some people out there.

Do you think this material is too offensive?

(P.S. Constructive criticism of the RP is much appreciated as well.)
Actually, I was going to ask you about the Stereotype structure.

First off, Isn't it odd that Ice Types are put almost on top of the structure for being rare? Isn't rarity for Pokemon in human terms, which Pokemon do not care for that much, or really at all? I'd lower them to...About the level of Water or Fire types.

Second off, as per any Pokemon in general, I suppose that there could be exceptions to the racial sceme based off a specific Pokemon's abilities. Lucario and Riolu, In Example, can see and control the aura, something that borders on Psychic abilities. That could really bloster their rank in society. If stuff like that isn't taken into account, I'd put them at the same level as the city they were born in. For example, A Rotom born in Vi Clero would be treated as an Electric type, but if he was born in Daiesta, he'd be treated as a Ghost type. If he was randomly born in, persay, Galapil, then he'd be treated as the lower caste (Ghost).

If that doesn't work for you, than just say any Pokemon would be put in the highest or lowest Caste that it's type allows for. That would mean that a Meditite would automatically be treated as a Psychic type regardless of it being part Fighting type too, or vice-versa.

I love the current storyline, though WHERE the peices of Manhatten are should be addressed. If not, then one person could easily RP the peices into being in, persay, Halcitta, Vi Clero, Daiesta, and Jus Livas, but another person could also easily RP the peices into being in Fialem, Mawerk, Radivian, and Kon Tis. Where are the peices?

One more thing-Who are the corrupt members of Kon Tis'es government, and who are the good members? I'd love that information. It's obvious that the Normal type member is corrupt, personally, because all the social rasicim wouldn't affect him as much as every other type. Moreover, who are the Members? Again, knowing the species of the members would help.

I'm not insulted by the whole thing going on with the plot. In fact, I would LOVE to play this RP. Make the SU, and I'll join.

Oh, yes...you mispelled 'Fuzed,' it should be 'Fused.' And 'Fuzes' Should be 'Fuses.' Just so you know!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:56 AM
dualismlover Offline
Amateur Trainer

Smile Re: The Role Play Forge - RP Creation Teamwork

@Latio-Reol

Basis, off of the city they were born in...That's actually a whole lot better than what I had in mind. Really great suggestion L-R, I'll see to try and put that into account. My original idea was actually extremely fuzzy, with your lower idea of basis off of highest/lowest type. But it didn't just seem to "click" in my head on that idea. It makes it so much easier to create characters then, just state their city of birth and "poof!" they got their rank!

The Ice types...well, they were the ones I genuinely had the most trouble with, along with Bug types to give a social ranking...Nothing in society really personified them that well. Anyway, here's my revamped Racial Hierarchy:

Social Heirarchy: From Highest to Lowest

Psychic
Dragon
Electric
Steel
Flying
Water
Ice
Fire
Normal- Middle Ground
Rock
Ground
Dark
Ghost
Bug
Fighting
Poison

Yes, and I have decided to follow your "exceptions" concept you brought up R-L. Lucario and his species, with aura abilities constantly keep their Steel ranking, regardless of city of birth. Same goes for other Pokemon with special abilities outside their normal type.

The Eevees and their evolution have become another exception as a chat with my friend coerced me to do. Since the fact that one normal type can become multiple different other types when they evolve, the Eeveelutions actually keep their original rank of Normal, regardless of type evolution. This good and bad, notable for Umbreons and Espeons respectively, although when it comes to wealth, the Eeveelutions still hold true to the status quo. This is countered by the Eevees creating their own little neighborhoods, akin to the immigrants during the late 1800's. They huddle and group together in whole blocks of their kind, and help each other out. Like many European, Asian and Hispanic, immigrants, lots of Eevees hold the same last name (Like Smith, Lopez, or Nguyen). A common joke among Pokemon is that with Eevees: "You know you're an Eevee when your cousin, your uncle, your cousin's uncle, your uncle's cousin, and your cousin's cousin, all live on the same street."

Ditto became another exception. Since it can copy another Pokemon and imitate it, despite being normal type, the Dittos have been shunned by much of society to the level of Dark or Ghost types. It's due to the fact that they can assume any Pokemon's form that they are regarded as "wanting to improve their status", and shrugged off as social climbers.

As for "Manhattan" (Man-hadn't), the pieces locations actually were chosen already.

The Orb: Hidden in a totally surprising location: literally on the underside of the Sunlit Bridge of Halcitta (Sunlit Bridge is like the Golden Gate Bridge). It is hidden in a small sealed off section of the underside of the bridge that looks like the rest of the bridge (think, in the concrete). The Dragon-types have put a protective seal on it to prevent the container from being damaged, plus, who would even dream of damaging a national landmark? Literally no one knows of its locations and the Dragon-types held in charge of it, keep it with their lives. They believe that no one should even come close to it, fearing that only bad things can come of its use. Plus, the guardians are Dragonite, Salamance, and Garchomp, will fight to keep it safe. No one even knows they are guardians as well: just ordinary priests or nuns at the cathedral, in the only city that accepts Homosexuals (they gladly marry people regardless of sexual preferece). Religious members wouldn't keep such a secret would they?

The Gold Disc Half: This part is sadly so easy to spot, but yet so out of grasp. It has become part of the Ball in the Titanium Square (Times Square), that drops every New Year. It's so small though, no one can see it from afar, plus it is actually inside the ball itself. And all the Pokemon working on the ball have no idea it actually is a piece of history, they use it as a much needed conductor to light up the ball. To get it, one would have to either get permission from the mayor, or try to take it, which would make them a terrorist for attacking such an item in the city.

The Platinum Disc Half: Truly lost to history, the platinum half has been caged in the massive underground ruins of Amonter, underneath the streets from which Liberty was fought for. It is hidden in a maze-like, once lost ancient test site where "Manhattan" was first created, several miles below the ground. Wild Pokemon now swarm the area to become a new home. To find it, one would have to decipher ancient clues in famous landmarks scattered all over historical sites (like Da Vinci code), and avoid all the booby traps once set by the original developers to protect the area from being discovered.

The Instruction Manual: It is unknown how it got there, but the manual for using the device is actually located in the very place one would first look for it: Kon Tis, the national Government. It is hidden in the top secret, classified section of the CIA department, where literally hundreds of armed guards watch over the place, with security cameras and whatnot. The clues to the location are actually little runes on the side of the pages of oldest and largest copy of "Pokemon Fairy Tales", held in the national library, that must be translated into old Unown script (no one would think of putting runes there). The CIA knows it has possession of the item, but does not know what it is either. They keep it in a vault with constant surveillance, as it is deemed, a "shady artifact", that a lot of Pokemon seem to want.

On the note of the Government officials, L-R, I haven't created exactly who they are yet. I'll tell them to you once I am done. The only one I have so far is Vaporeon: mayor of Platina and government representative of the city. He's actually supposed to be an important NPC, who regularly contacts the good guys to inform them of any clues on the artifact, or warn them of the coming deadline when the corrupt officials will ask for complete power.

The trick with him though is, you have to prove to Vaporeon that you are worthy of receiving his assistance. Most of the time he acts like a tourist, happy-go-lucky, singing songs and welcoming people to Platina to spend time at the resort (Platina has the largest resort in the country, enough to hold about 500,000 guests). No one would suspect he is in on such a complex ordeal. However, in reality, this Vaporeon is a master at Water-type attacks and holds affiliates with nearly every Eeveelution in the country. He's like a "Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass". While he seems to be an ADD kid, in reality Vaporeon is constantly on the scour for possible allies, while posing as Mr. Sunshine as split side of his personality to get possible candidates to deduce that he isn't really as shallow as he seems. When he does get into battle (he's very hard to convince, all about having fun), he is relentless and merciless, creating and controlling water to bend to his whim, much akin to Waterbending in the Avatar series. One would have to prove that he is both one of the good members, and can defeat him in battle to prove that they can handle such a task. He doesn't fight the corrupt officials despite his power though, he is worried about the safety of his city: if he attacked the corrupt officials, they would accuse the whole city of treachery. Instead, if you can ally with him, Vaporeon will both ally with you...plus give you free nights in some of the best suites in the Resort. And with a beach, massive pools, TWO amusement parks (one water, one regular), 800 shops and restaurants, world class dining, an indoor canal with gondolas, a massive casino and the largest spa in the country...who can say no to that?!

Thanks for your advice Latio-Reol, you helped me loads like NeoPikachu earlier back. And it's rather flattering to be given such a nice compliment to join an RP by a Master trainer!

Last edited by dualismlover; 02-12-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

@ dualismlover

Yeah, hate to say it, but the dual type thing really throws a wrench in the whole plan.

A way to salvage it might be by making the three lowest types on the tier, Poison, Fighting, and Bug, and make them the lowest and most highly disrespected types. As for the highest respected types, they could be Ice, Dragon, and Electric. Besides Joltik and his evolution, Galvantula, no Pokémon would be a type of a poorly discriminated type and a type of a highly respected type at the same time (ex, there are no Poison/Dragon types, no Ice/Fighting types, and so on). And yes, I checked this and it works out. With Joltik and Galvantula, they could just be seen as completely carnival freaks of nature. As for all the others, they could just be seen as the middle class. For dual types, if they have just one type that’s respected (such as a Dragon/Flying like Dragonite), then they’re respected. If they have one that’s disrespected, then they’re disrespected like any other single type that’s Poison, Fighting, or Bug.

I checked the new plot, and it seems a bit long-winded and confusing, sorry to say. The artifact part is okay, but the rest of it is a political cyclone that in all truth and honesty, it just feels like the RPers would just be helplessly swept up in it rather than really being able to change things around and assume the roles of heroes. What kinds of things can the RPers do in order to make a difference in this situation? What separates them from normal civilians? To me, it just doesn’t seem like there’s all that much. Meanwhile, the racism part seems to be a double-edged sword in all this. It’s a great plot device, but in terms of RPers trying to work with it, it’s stifling. With the racism going on, it makes it difficult for characters to band together, and because of that, you’re going to be running into trouble.

To me, it just seems like this would probably make a decent fan fiction, but in terms of an RP, there’s too much going on for it to be open to multiple directions, and it seems like a “plot overseer” is needed to ensure this complex and thoroughly detailed plot continues and develops in an orderly fashion. It reminds me a bit of the Borne movies, which considering their plots and storyline designs, could probably never be RPed with the same kind of effectiveness. This is the kind of plot that would need very particular characters to play very particular roles, and the only way you could effectively accomplish that is by designing the characters yourself, taking control of them, and having them perform specific roles in other to progress the detailed and complex storyline.

Other than that, I really don’t know what to say. I can tell the thought is there, but it just seems like you dove far too deep into the exposition and rising action parts of the plot, and now the characters just seem like they would be lost in the middle of it.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Yhea, Dualisimlover...The whole Idea was good, but Neo brings up a good point-The plot needs to be reworked. The Caste System is good, the Artifact is good, but Currently, the plot is...Erk....Two Ideas-Either work out the plot so that there's more player flexibility, or 'hide' the plot.

Neo-It WAS your idea to go the Government Corruption route. Plus, we worked out the Stereotype system.

Basically, City of Birth determines it for dual type Pokemon. If the City of Birth for a Joltik was Vi Clero, then it would be in the Electric type Caste (as Vi Clero is the Electric Type city). However, if the Joltik was born in Helberg-the Bug Type city-then it will be treated as a Bug Type. In the case scenario that it was born anywhere else, then Joltik would be in the Lower Caste (Bug).

Special traits also apply. Lucario's Ability to control Aura will grant it Steel Type Respect, regardless of city of birth. Eevee's and their Evolutions are all treated as Normal Types, and cluster together in small communities. Ditto are seen at a level similar to Ghost and Dark types. There are a few others here and there that also have special rules. For instance, I'd assume Government officials to be treated much better than regular citizens of the same type.

The Type Caste has also changed. Ice is between Water and Fire now. So the order, from highest to lowest, is now Psychic-Dragon-Electric-Steel-Flying-Water-Ice-Fire-Normal-Rock-Grass-Ground-Dark-Ghost-Bug-Fighting-Poison. Dualisimlover and I gave insight into it, If you read the two posts above your own.

Oh, yes, Dualisimlover...Although I don't mean to offend you in any way by saying this, Neo is right, a good fanfic can be derived from this, and I'd be happy to invest some time in one. If that's OK with you, of course!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:22 AM
dualismlover Offline
Amateur Trainer

@NeoPikachu and Latio-Reol

You guys are right, I read the comments, I did go overboard on planning out this RP to the point that I left no creativity for the players whatsoever. I think this stemmed from the fact that I am a detail hog, wanting to plan out everything to the smallest detail before I do any writing. I'm kind of jealous of a lot of my friends, they can just draw or write on the spot, no planning necessary. I need to be ordered and structured before I can even do anything.

I think I'll just scrap this idea for an RP, I've gone already too far into detail to cut it down. The fanfiction idea is really tantalizing though, I'll keep this Final Conspiracy idea for a story that I can write. My mind has gone crazy, creating characters that would play roles in the plot as they go by. I can really see this taking off as a more of a fan fiction than any kind of RP. The sheer amount of detail would be too much for a player to remember, let alone process into any kind of post. To do so would require like, a page worth of writing for each post.

Oh, well, I guess it's back to square one now for RP creation. Gonna need lots of history books again. I think my main downfall was the fact that I really lack creativity. Nearly everything in this RP was borrowed off of real elements of society, especially the plot which was taken from lots of events of the 1900s, which is by far more intricate and intense than let's say, the 1700s. The Racism aspect was borrowed off modern day interpretations of American people, a.k.a.: Fighting-Ghettos, Electric-Celebrities. Hell, "Manhattan" was just a revamped version of the atomic bomb.

I can't just "create" though, I can NEVER do anything well if I'm not given a basis for which to start on. Give me a blank piece of paper and say "draw", and I'll sit there for twenty minutes thinking just WHAT to draw.

I think...to make another RP, without killing myself with intense thinking, I should stick with more ancient history for basis. I don't know, I just have to use realistic elements off of things I create. That I guess was born from hanging out with my friends. My friends are what I call otakus, and this stuff here like on Pokemonelite2000 is what many of them live by. And they just like drive me INSANE with their creations and works. They're like "Okay, let's make an RP...I think I'll do...Naruto mixed with Bleach in an epic fantasy tale that somehow manages to have ancient Feudal Japan elements (that they think they're experts on, but really just know it based on Anime), with future Starwars tech in Tokyo!" I'm all like WTF?!!

Thanks you guys for helping me, even if it did make me scrap my RP for use as a fanfiction. It made me see that a lot of detail, can easily be TOO MUCH detail. I need to take it slowly, think the way of a player. What would I want to play with, where I can free?

Last edited by dualismlover; 02-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

It’s better if you start with a theme, or think of a central aspect, setting, or scenario and work around that. I kind of mentioned this in that RP guide I created. Start with something familiar, work a theme into in, and then combine elements from one or multiple genres into it to make it unique, and keep building around it but keeping everything tied together so its original and makes sense without too many outside distractions. The more games, movies, books (preferably science fiction/fantasy), and ideas you’re exposed to over time, the more sources of inspiration you’ll be able to draw from.

Truthfully, in all my years of plot making for RPs and fan fictions, and even novels that I’ve written before PE2K, I’ve never once turned toward a history book for inspiration. History is pretty much defined, and you can’t change what’s already happened. Even plots that I know of that ask a “what if” scenario and have an alternate event take place if different outcomes happened in a particular event in history tend to involve fictional elements as well. If you’re going to use an event in history anyway, use it as a basic catalyst for other ideas based on fantasy and science fiction. For example, what if World War II had dragons in it, and what if it was taking place on a world where oil, coal, and natural gas are so present that its actually a problem, but something so simple and taken for granted on earth, like clean air and trees, are rare and valued like gold? Or what if you started with the Vietnam War, but another dark faction called Endgame rises to power to use the war as a distraction to conquer both sides, uses a newly found Indiana Jones’s like artifact to summon dark, evil spirits to crush both sides, and then suddenly the armies of Heaven and Hell are suddenly involved in a war that escalates from a war of communism into such a confrontation that the entire spiritual essence of the world is at stake? Play around with even your wildest imagination, no one will think less of you for going all out. And yes, this is exactly how I make my RPs. Go. Freaking. Wild. That’s the best advice I can give to anyone when it comes to plots. You may think its nuts, but I’ve done it before, and generally the more wild an idea is, the more eye-catching and thrilling it becomes.

In terms of political schemes, it’s okay to have a little bit going on, but don’t really overdo it. Internal corruption with a lot of bureaucrats barking at each other doesn’t really make a great storyline, and in terms of an RP, it’s boring. People like fantasy elements more, they like action, thrills, heroism, and its better if the storyline is left up to them, rather than them just serving as support characters to NPCs. Again, in this format, it could make a great fan fiction.

Hopefully this helps, I know its tough but don’t give up on it.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

HOLD EVERYTHING!

Dualisimlover, You'll love this more than dualisim. [/namejoke]

We can keep the general setting, but simply 'erase' the plot, and instead focus on hunting for the artifact.

If you don't get what I mean, then I mean this: Manhattan is powerful enough on it's own, right? However, let's just say that nobody had no clue where even one peice of the legendary artifact was, yet it was powerful enough to lure Exploration teams, Treasure Hunters, and other characters into trying to find the peices in the wilderness, or in old nooks and crannies in the cities.

However, one day, a Pokemon happened to stumble upon a clue to one of the peices of Manhattan...Or really, four clues. One for each peice, the clues subtly pointed towards the four locations of each of Manhattan's parts. This Pokemon turned it into the Government of Kon Tis, which turned it over to the National Library.

Most Pokemon couldn't make heads or tails of it. It was far too sophisticated for even the knowledgeable Psychic Types, or philosophy-enriched Dragon Types.

...Most Pokemon.

The RPers play Pokemon that have discovered several locations where a peice of the artifact could potentially be, and are motivated into hunting for them. The trick of this RP is that although each clue point towards several locations (2 to 3), even after being deciphered, only one of the potential locations lead to one peice of the artifact. The other locations weild fakes, which are exact replicas, minus the lack of power. Moreover, other RPers could easily take other peices that are unclaimed, and therefore, confrontation will be needed now and then to force RPers into giving up peices of Manhattan that you don't have. With complicated clues, fake peices, rival 'Manhunters,' and whatever traps put between the RPer and Manhattan...The RP can get pretty exiting.

Everything else (The Type caste, the cities, the country, the Government) can stay the same. Dualisim, it's your idea, so you've got full rights to this stuff. I'm just throwing out an idea.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

So I rewrote the introduction to CotV, and would like some feedback. Specifics on the factions are to follow.

Quote:
Outside the universe, there is nothing.

It has been called Beyond, Hyperspace, Outside, Void, Abyss. Its story has been passed down through the generations of countless worlds in countless galaxies. A hundred thousand species have gazed into it and shuddered, and a hundred million have seen it and wondered.

Whatever its name, the nothing is not empty.

Azkathon dwells in the void.

His name bequeathed in a time when the stars were yet children, his history forgotten by even the most ancient beings, his power horrifying to all who are its witness, Azkathon lies outside the universe, waiting.

In an age before, he had not been content to have patience. Sweeping through the vast emptiness of space, he had devoured all life he came across and he turned galaxy after galaxy into barren wastelands. Yet it was never enough to fill his insatiable hunger. And so, Azkathon created two beings to serve him: one to reap, the other to sow. The former he named Ain. The latter, Arceus.

So the endless cycle of death and rebirth began. Arceus created the worlds, seeded them with life and guided their growth into flourishing places teeming with boundless energy, and Ain came to reap the crop of his power so that the worlds could be delivered up to their master. For an interminable eon this cycle continued, and neither of the two could remember how many steps of their dance had passed.

But this time, something was different. Something new, original, unknown to all that had passed for it, arose on Arceus’s little world. From the depths of the very planet itself, a new race had emerged. Calling themselves “humans”, they showed boundless creativity and infinite potential as creators, not created. They swiftly spread out across the world, conquering land and sea and sky, overcoming their far more well-endowed counterparts in the lands where they lived with sheer force of will, and dream.

This is their story.

----------

Turmoil was wracking the planet. Nations fought and conquered each other. The world was infested with endless war as a hundred different peoples fought for their sovereign existences. In the midst of all this, a single man, Alexander Morbane, delve into a deep cave beneath a once-pristine landscape, and found there a strange stone. Days later, the Millennium Comet passed, and he found himself holding in his hands one ancient yet naďve Wishmaker. Given the offer of a single wish, Morbane took a long look at the world in which he lived, and, believing in his own ability, wished to rule it.

Fast forward two decades. Morbane has united his home region of Johto and now his armies are spreading out across the globe. Nation after nation falls to the Primoris Empire. Soon Morbane has united the entire world into a single, grand empire and only scattered resistance remains to his rule. Yet he is not satisfied with his accomplishments. Believing that only he could truly bring peace, he aimed to conquer the forces of nature. His armies attacked the Legendaries, bending some to his will, and slaughtering those who refused to join his new world order.

Battered and beleaguered, the remaining Legends and their followers that have united to defend themselves against humanity's onslaught gather on the slopes of Mt. Coronet. Many have lost hope; the ones that still dare to dream turn their eyes towards the heavens, searching for a sign from their god, a hope of salvation to turn the tides of this war. Yet as the armies of the Primoris approach, it seems that no hope remains. Surrounded, the Legends and their followers prepare to make their last stand.

From the sky descends a trail of clouds. No sign from Arceus; rather, a nuclear missile, intended to wipe out the resisters once and for all. But as the missile detonates, a miracle: a shining white beam erupts from the tip of Mt. Coronet, followed by an enormous shockwave that shields the mountain from the explosion and flattens the human armies. It would seem that their prayers had been answered.

Wishful thinking indeed. For the beam had been a beacon, prepared in the first churnings that would forge this world to signal its end.

They came. From the endless void beyond the highest reaches of human or Pokemon imagination, they descended from the stars in numbers to blot out the sun. The Ara'kaiz, servants of their god Ain and counterparts to Arceus’s children, launched a massive assault on every major population center in the Pokemon world, slaughter that did not discriminate between Pokemon or human. The Empire is torn to shreds by the sudden assault; what forces remain rally around their Emperor as the outer provinces, left to fend for themselves, attempt to organize around former resistance movements. The Ara’kaiz horrify the humans, their alien appearance and their unearthly power smashing through their attempts to defend themselves. Yet in the Pokemon, they instill a primeval terror, a primitive and instinctual knowledge that these are the harbingers of the world’s end.

Yet the Ara'kaiz themselves are confused and disoriented. They had come when summoned by Arceus's beacon, as they had in every cycle before. But instead of descending upon a verdant green planet filled with life and Pokemon roaming every inch of land, sky and sea, they found a world devastated by war and industry and pollution and death, filled with these strange new creatures called "humans" that had never existed in any cycle before. For Arceus has summoned the reapers before they were ready and when humanity was at its height of strength, in an attempt the break the cycle once and for all. Gathering his strength, he annihilates the Ara’kaiz Mothership, sending its gargantuan carcass plummeting for orbit. The Mothership crashes into Isshu, obliterating the region from existence. But the blow to the Ara’kaiz was far greater, for without their Mothership they lack the ability to sustain their assault. Every soldier became irreplaceable, every loss permanent.

Enraged, Ain takes to the skies, where Arceus seals the two of them in another dimension, so that the battle between gods would not destroy the world. Meanwhile, below, the three races are left to conquer each other as they fight for survival.

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 03-05-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I wanna keep this alive.

RP Title: – Pledge
RP Fandom Basis: – Pokemon, specifically, the Shadow Triad group
Opening Plot and Exposition: – This is the rough sketch...writing, thing.

So we have these young children of the Shadow Triad, one with no family and not much of a life. Cliche yes but anyway, these children in question were constantly watched by a pack of Zoroark, to each their own Illusion Fox to watch them, and as such were exposed to a life of illusion in order to train them and influence them in the ways of the Shadow Triad: to be forever loyal to the pledge. These people don't exist, never have existed and never will in the eyes of society. No one sees them, no one notices them, they never allow themselves to be seen or recognized for anything special, they are merely a shadow. After so many years of living in a life of illusion and false reality, these children who are now pre adults or adults, come into the real world. The Zoroark that watched them have vanished and now left to fend for themselves in an entirely new world, some may feel betrayed by the Shadow Triad, others may still cling to the only thing they've known to be real: their pledge. Between those who feel betrayed and wish to exact retribution for their lives raised in false truth, and those who still follow the ways of the shadow Triad by completing their pledge, or following it, an underground war goes on.
Inspiration: – The Shadow Triad seemed cool and their whole thing with the loyalty. I think they were short lived so I thought they could of used their own spotlight.
Where you need help: – Touching up, brushing up, maybe someone else with an idea to add. The Zoroark thing is really something of a...well it's just there and why they all poofed is kinda fuzzy...yeah I shouldn't be trying to explain things when I'm sick >_< Help pleash.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

@ ID Saraibre Ryu

I’ve only played halfway through Black, but I’ve seen the Shadow Triad a few times.

The premise seems like an okay start, but there’s a lot missing. What are the new motives of the Shadow Triad, what are they setting out to do, and how would the RPers be involved? What kinds of characters would the RPers create, and what would their role be? What kinds of other things would be involved at the same time?

I think this could work as a starting point, but the plot situation and the scenario just seem vague and a lot seems undefined. I just feel a lot more development is needed.