Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Default OU RMT (Insert your own funny title here)

At a glance:

Lead
(@ Lum Berry)
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 228 Speed / 22 Def / 8 HP
Moveset: Icy Wind / Hydro Pump / Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam

Here's an interesting anti-lead I have been playtesting with, and finding wonderful success with. This Suicune is desined to break Sashes, and slow down faster leads that might think Taunting is their best ideal. After one Icy Wind, this Suicune can outspeed Aerodactyl, Infernape, Azelf, and Gengar, to force a switch. Icy Wind again, or Hydro Pump the switch in for heavy damage as long as another bulky water type doesn't switch in.

(@ Leftovers)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Moveset: Stealth Rock / Toxic / Seismic Toss / Softboiled

This one is fairly standard. No need for too many details here. Just set up the rocks, and then wall stuff on the special side of the spectrum.

(@ Black Sludge)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpDef
Moveset: Spikes / Stun Spore / Energy Ball / Rest

Spikes plus paralysis support. Can take hits very well from the special side also. Energy Ball for STAB, and Rest over a second attack in case I need to stall something (yes, I'm an asshole like that).

(@ Leftovers)
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 32 Speed
Moveset: Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Stone Edge / Roar

Bulky to beat all hell here. I elected for two attacks on this one, since all I needed was a phazer anyways. If I get the hazards up though, this Gyarados can wreck havoc anyway, since it doesn't have to hit as hard as would normally be needed.

(@ Leftovers)
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpDef
Moveset: Substitute / Focus Punch / Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Punch

This guy is high risk/high reward on this team. OHKO's Blissey and Gyarados, and cripples most other physical attackers behind the sub via WoW. This guy is also my Spin blocker, meaning I usually can get my sub up. If I can't get my sub up though, he's waisted space on my team.

(@ Leftovers)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
Moveset: Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ice[/QUOTE]

Special Sweeper. With hazards up, anything not named Blissey can usually be taken down by this one.

Additional Comments:

This team has went 15-1 so for, with 14 of the wins coming off of Smogon, and one coming from Serebii forums (The guy from Marriland got me though >_<). Wish support could come in REALLY handy with this team, but I still haven't found room for it. I am thinking with all of the switches this team has the potential to cause, a phaser (Gyarados) might not be all that necessary.

Threats:

Bulky waters such as Suicune and Vaporeon are a huge threat this team. Not that they are doing all that much damage to any of my pokes, but I'm not doing them much either, and should a stall war take place, I am promised to loose. Blissey isn't doing this team any favors either.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:38 AM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: OU RMT (Insert your own funny title here)

I dont see rest on roserade doing like, anything. since your team is all about entry hazards, toxic spikes, or even just !

If you dont think roar on gyara is necessary (though its good for forcing out suicune/vappy w/out HPelectric) you could replace it with taunt. taunt DD is nice. also, maybe im just clueless, but idk what the 32 speed EVs on gyara are meant to outspace...

Its generally reccommended (AFAIK) you use leftovers on roserade because someone could potentially trick it off roserade and trick it back to another one of your mons, disadvantaging it at stall fests. however if you can predict trick well enough its little issue.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_man0 View Post
I dont see rest on roserade doing like, anything. since your team is all about entry hazards, toxic spikes, or even just !

If you dont think roar on gyara is necessary (though its good for forcing out suicune/vappy w/out HPelectric) you could replace it with taunt. taunt DD is nice. also, maybe im just clueless, but idk what the 32 speed EVs on gyara are meant to outspace...

Its generally reccommended (AFAIK) you use leftovers on roserade because someone could potentially trick it off roserade and trick it back to another one of your mons, disadvantaging it at stall fests. however if you can predict trick well enough its little issue.
Rest on Rosey is actually great. Shadow Ball or HP Fire from Gengar is always a 3HKO, even with Rocks in place including BS/Lefties recovery. Azelf's Psychic is a 2HKO, and t's Fire Blast is only a 2HKO less than 50% of the time. Heatran's Fire Blast is a 2HKO. Infernape's Fire Blast is a 2HKO if it is unboosted. See where I'm going with this? It gives me time to set up a layer of Spikes, and/or Rest back to health. Natural Cure ability means it comes back after the switch wide awake.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 PM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

Sorry I totally blanked about natural cure before xD now it looks good.

Still i vouch for taunt on gyara though.

EDIT: also, why 20def 8HP on suicune? why not 28HP? o.o

Last edited by O_man0; 09-20-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Sorry I totally blanked about natural cure before xD now it looks good.

Still i vouch for taunt on gyara though.

EDIT: also, why 20def 8HP on suicune? why not 28HP? o.o
I honestly can't tell you about the exact spreads. I don't even know what they let Gyara outspeed. I also don't know why the spread was suggested for 8 HP EVs on Cune. I seen those two being talked about on Smogon's QC, so I just decided to see if they would work.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Joel Offline

Bumping this, because it is working VERY well on Shoddy.

I switched my Suicune lead for a Modest, Specs Jirachi lead, but the rest of the team remains the same.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Bumping this, because it is working VERY well on Shoddy.

I switched my Suicune lead for a Modest, Specs Jirachi lead, but the rest of the team remains the same.
SpecsRachi? What does it run?

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
SpecsRachi? What does it run?
252 SpAtk/224 HP/32 Speed with Doom Desire, Psychic, Thunderbolt, and Trick.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

You said you want wish support...Try changing Suicune to Swampert with Stealth Rocks. Then you would have room for Wish on Blissey.

I would change gyarados to the max defensive restalk set:

Gyarados @ leftovers

Intimidate
Impish
248 hp / 252 def / 8 speed

Waterfall
Roar
Rest
Sleep Talk

Last edited by BulletPuncher; 01-27-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:06 PM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

Doom Desire is a very interesting choice. Seems very viable in 5th gen... But idk how itll actually work out now. Doom Desire with specs is... no... and I'm pretty sure it doesnt get STAB. It says steel, maybe its a bug, but I'm pretty sure it doesnt get STAB, off shoddy anyways. plus the way it calculates based off the pokemon that's out's special defense has always thrown me off. could be good, could be bad. plus you have that issue where you may like JUST not get that last kill. maybe your better off with flash cannon?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 AM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Doom Desire is a very interesting choice. Seems very viable in 5th gen... But idk how itll actually work out now. Doom Desire with specs is... no... and I'm pretty sure it doesnt get STAB. It says steel, maybe its a bug, but I'm pretty sure it doesnt get STAB, off shoddy anyways. plus the way it calculates based off the pokemon that's out's special defense has always thrown me off. could be good, could be bad. plus you have that issue where you may like JUST not get that last kill. maybe your better off with flash cannon?
Doom Desire does not get STAB. Also, it does not get the boost from life orb.