Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Nintendo Net Income Falls 74% Company Under Pressure for 3DS Debut Success

Despite the record-breaking sales of Pokemon Black & White in Japan, Nintendo Co. profits fell 74 percent due to increased console competition according to Bloomberg.Net income fell 74 percent from a year earlier to 49.6 billion yen ($599 m

More...
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Nintendo Net Income Falls 74% Company Under Pressure for 3DS Debut Success

Not like this really matters to a company as rich as Nintendo.

That being said, Nintendo is pushing it with the 3DS. I mean, they literally just came out with the bigger DSiXL! The people who would buy a $250 3DS won't because they got the cheaper DSi -.-

Guess we'll see. I want to get a 3DS because my Lite is dying :/
Old 01-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Nintendo Net Income Falls 74% Company Under Pressure for 3DS Debut Success

They just need another Mario Kart game. And a new Pokemon game (guess B/W fits that though).

Or better yet, a Pokemon Kart game.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:37 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Not like this really matters to a company as rich as Nintendo.

That being said, Nintendo is pushing it with the 3DS. I mean, they literally just came out with the bigger DSiXL! The people who would buy a $250 3DS won't because they got the cheaper DSi -.-

Perhaps. The real problem is that they performed worst then expectations. That could cause investors to sell of Nintendo shares over worries that it won't be able to compete with other corporations like Microsoft or Sony. And that weakens the company as a whole.

For the short term, it isn't a problem, but in the long run it could lead to less releases or a less versatile console system or staff being laid off. Pokemon is highly integrated with Nintendo so it's always in our best interest to see Nintendo do well.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Oh no, Nintendo is still making a profit!

Maybe if they listened to their fans instead of jerking off the masses.

See: New Zelda Game (it's finally coming), Pokemon MMORPG, Super Mario RPG DS Port

Last edited by Lan.exe; 01-28-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Oh no, Nintendo is still making a profit!

Maybe if they listened to their fans instead of jerking off the masses.

See: New Zelda Game (it's finally coming), Pokemon MMORPG, Super Mario RPG DS Port
Definitely.

If Nintendo were to make a Pokemon MMORPG, they could give Blizzard a run for their money. But that should probably wait until the next system after the Wii comes forward.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Definitely.

If Nintendo were to make a Pokemon MMORPG, they could give Blizzard a run for their money. But that should probably wait until the next system after the Wii comes forward.

No, they couldn't, Blizzard are EPICUBERAMAZING.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

They just need to wait for virtual reality to make a really good Pokemon MMO imo.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I'm sorry. I doubt a MMORPG will ever come out. Black and White comes kind of close, I do admit, but MMORPG? I doubt it.

Nintendo will rebound. It's a fact.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Hoshika Offline

Back on topic, I can honestly see a significant chance of the 3DS being a flop. Not great, but significant.

also pokeymans battling can only keep you entertained for so long if you're thinking of something like shoddy, if it's an MMO with the entire game playable online, it'd be cool but very hard to maintain; the best I can see this going would be as something like Animal Crossing

I seriously doubt nintendo can make an MMO as good as a blizz MMO, especially considering that nintendo's never made a full-blown MMO as far as I know

But yeah, 3DS, low battery life and eye damage are kind of unsettling, I can understand why investors would start selling their stock now
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

The planet has seen far worse economically.

Obama.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post

^ personally I'm still saving for a DSiXL because I have 2 DSi's & 1 Lite.
I think Nintendo (in hindsight) should have NOT made the DSi & just went straight into the XL... the Xtra screen makes for better graffix
moreover
But yeah, 3DS, low battery life and eye damage are kind of unsettling not to mention it'll probably be the same screen size as the Lite.. Bummer..

But not to worry Nintendo this year Ill get that XL for sure..

Pokérus Empire
Old 01-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
They just need another Mario Kart game. And a new Pokemon game (guess B/W fits that though).

Or better yet, a Pokemon Kart game.
Adding on to where you said, a "Pokemon Mario Cart" game, PokePark is kind of this. There is a racing mode with lots of other mini games in addition to the gameplay.

Too bad about the net income fall, but I guess you guys are right...It won'y effect a monster company like NIntendo a lot.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Perhaps. The real problem is that they performed worst then expectations. That could cause investors to sell of Nintendo shares over worries that it won't be able to compete with other corporations like Microsoft or Sony. And that weakens the company as a whole.

For the short term, it isn't a problem, but in the long run it could lead to less releases or a less versatile console system or staff being laid off. Pokemon is highly integrated with Nintendo so it's always in our best interest to see Nintendo do well.
Well, maybe...But companies have a habit of rebounding. The fact that Nintendo saved the gaming industry in the old days proves how good they are.

And SNAP! Low battery and eye damage? (Keep in mind I'll probably have the 3D on very low) No thanks. I guess my Lite will have to do - dying or not, it still has a few hours in it yet. Or I could pull out the original DS, the juggernaut of the handheld software :/

Although, I've been too busy rocking the new 360 <3 D'oh!