Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: War IX RP Sign-Ups - A Fault of Souls

k_pop
Approved
A splendid profile. Very detailed and well-written. SO GOOD JOB, DAMMIT.

However, I will mention, your special power, there's nothing wrong with it, but you should be made aware that you can use your spirit link to invoke more than just the ability that you described there. You can use your link to have Kimi perform any move that Samra can perform, basically, and in addition to that, anything that would make reasonable sense with respect to your chosen Pokemon (like your Long Bite). Maybe you already knew that, but I just wanted to make sure. The spirit link affords you quite a wide range of extra power and creativity in battle.

Now Warring:
Those of you on this list may begin posting in the RP, now.

Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai
Kano Takahashi [Commander] with Skystrider the Flygon played by Neo Pikachu
Skylar "Fuga" O'Brianna with Edgar the Muk played by Dr Scott
Tatsuko Kurakawa with Ashitaka the Luxray played by Draconic Espeon
Hideki Nomura with Harou the Meowth played by Hakken
Clair Neft with Charlotte the Charizard played by pman
Taniguchi Kimiko with Samra the Mightyena played by k_pop

Ain Soph - Without Limit
Ramiel Xaphon with Dia the Dragonite played by Lusankya
Kodes Kokenos with Sharli the Ninetales played by Giratina
Mimi Advent with Char the Charizard played by Charizard Michelle
Mortian Nona with Butter the Skitty played by HKim
Augustus Frostridge with nameless Dragonite played by Lord Celebi

Automatons of Dissonant Destruction
Rena with Aidan the Rapidash played by Alana Marie
Elan Terrimor [Commander] with Ferras the Steelix played by Galleon
Gertrude Heldaki with Ferdinand the Ditto played by EmBreon
Jafir Charcot with nameless Wormadam played by Pika57

Last edited by Galleon; 07-13-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Hmm. Wait. NO. WAIT. I'M DUMB. NEVER MIND.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
k_pop
Approved
A splendid profile. Very detailed and well-written. SO GOOD JOB, DAMMIT.

However, I will mention, your special power, there's nothing wrong with it, but you should be made aware that you can use your spirit link to invoke more than just the ability that you described there. You can use your link to have Kimi perform any move that Samra can perform, basically, and in addition to that, anything that would make reasonable sense with respect to your chosen Pokemon (like your Long Bite). Maybe you already knew that, but I just wanted to make sure. The spirit link affords you quite a wide range of extra power and creativity in battle.
Heh, thanks a lot. ^^;

And yeah, I wasn't entirely sure about that, but I kinda figured it from the discussion. I really just wanted at least one unique ability ready.

Oh, and I was gonna ask if I could change one thing to build my character later. I said that when linked to Samra she's unaffected by any kind of psychic abilities. Would it be alright if she was naturally resistant to psychic stuff, mind-reading and the like on her own? I kinda thought it would be a little much when I was writing this up, but there aren't really any psychics or psychic type Pokemon listed anyway. ^^'
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Heh, thanks a lot. ^^;

And yeah, I wasn't entirely sure about that, but I kinda figured it from the discussion. I really just wanted at least one unique ability ready.

Oh, and I was gonna ask if I could change one thing to build my character later. I said that when linked to Samra she's unaffected by any kind of psychic abilities. Would it be alright if she was naturally resistant to psychic stuff, mind-reading and the like on her own? I kinda thought it would be a little much when I was writing this up, but there aren't really any psychics or psychic type Pokemon listed anyway. ^^'
Yeah, that's fine.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:19 AM
infernorose888 Offline
Master Trainer

is this RP closed?

its pretty darn cool
Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernorose888 View Post
is this RP closed?

its pretty darn cool
Nah, we're still accepting people. You need to be on a War team, but when War ends, I'll start accepting anyone.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Name: Razul Armel

Team: MY OWN

Theme: Wizard

Appearance:

Spoiler:

With dark blue hair that goes down far enough to hide his eyes from judging glances and covering his face in shadows, Raz looks mysterious. However, when the hair parts from his eyes a crazed golden glance is shown. He is tall and lean, with long fingers used for calling up the deep energies within himself.

Raz usually wears long cloaks with high collars. Missing the need to hide his face from view, the mage has no need for the hoods that some of his kind prefer. He has never cared to show an aura of wisdom and mystery, instead brokering on intimidating.

Personality:

Raz’s personality can be traced to his childhood.

When a boy he was never in charge of his own life; others used him and abused him, and everyday was a race just to stay alive. Because of this he loves to have control, both over his own life and that of others. He wants to be the most important, the top of the totem pole. Though a manipulating strategist at times, he truly cares for those under him. Though some he will throw away without remorse, he wants to create the best environment possible, to more not just himself but those under him to the very top of the world.

Also as a boy he was powerless, both in his place in life and to protect himself. Now he has a thirst for power; the mage is always hunting for more powerful objects, more magic that he can add to his personal system. To be able to make big decisions that will alter the lives of many people. He wants to be able to do what he wants, and hates it when people try to stop him from accomplishing his goals.

Growing up with a disease that could kill him at any time, he has lost his fear of death. Many was the time that he almost died, so he fights and lives with an almost reckless abandon that any day could be his last. Though he has gained patience throughout the years, he is not in large supply of it. He knows how short life can be, and has no remorse for those who battle, as they should know the risk just the same as he does.

When he was young he had no pride, doing whatever he could to survive. Now he looks at what he did with scorn, though Raz knows that without doing what he did he would have died. The world, he knows, is a horrible place. He should never have been placed in that position; if Ne could help him, someone else could have long ago if they would have cared. And if he can’t take over the world to change this then the world should be burned and reborn.

History:

What would you do to live?

Raz was abandoned by his parents at a very early age, considered an unlucky abomination when it was found that he was born with a deadly blood disease. This was found out the most tragic way possible; his mother was nursing one of his cuts and managed to get the disease from her son’s blood. Lacking something that her son had, the disease quickly ravaged her body and destroyed the blood until a faint black ooze was all that was left.

Growing up alone, he learned to face death every day, and not just from his disease. He was forced to steal to live, and was always running for his life from irate store owners and homeowners who found him nothing but a vermin. There was also the other beggars, those without any kind of morals who would murder him for a bit of bread and a warm place to sleep.

Lonely and dying, the boy still clung to his innocence. To the hope that one day a guardian angel would come to him, take him to a home with a loving family, and cure his ails. Day after day went on, the boy slowly aged, and it became clear that no one was going to come save him. He turned spiteful, hating the world that did not produce him the protector he needed.

His lethargic life was changed one day when he caught the end of a speech at one of the few open homes to people like him that they had in Ulster. Ulster was a rich city, though it also had a larger number of heavily oppressed homeless, hoping to rake in some money from the well off citizens. The speaker was a well dressed man who said that he used to be homeless as well, sitting in this very hall in hopes for scrapes of food, but turned his life around through action.

Though he thought he understood, the true message was lost on Raz. His disease had gotten worse, and he was finding it hard to fully concentrate. Where the man was preaching hard work and positive thinking, the only thing that he heard was the need to do something to survive as opposed to simple sitting around.

To this effect, the boy gathered a rather sturdy piece of wood, attaching bits of obsidian to it. Before long he had his weapon, a destructive piece of equipment that could rip and tear into flesh. Raz used the weapon to great effect, holding up a shop owner that long ago had given him a beating for trying to steal a bit of change that someone had dropped near the doorway. In the struggle he killed the man, slashing over and over until only a meaty corpse remained.

What happened next was a feeding frenzy, the youth eating fully for what felt like the first time. He was stuff his mouth with reckless abandon. This wholehearted method of eating produced one undesired result: he didn’t notice that he was eating the flesh of the storekeeper until the coppery mess was already down his throat.

Sickened, Rax ran away from the store, going out into the wilds to stay away from any authority figure that might find him … or anyone at all. He didn’t eat for a time, still remembering his mistake, but after a while noticed something strange. His disease had actually gotten better, the attacks that were coming faster and faster becoming more infrequent.

Racked with a horrendous decision, Raz continued starving himself as he searched his mind for an answer of some sort. He didn’t want to die, but cannibalism was a stretch that his already strained psyche might not be able to take.

His answer was made when a visitor came into the woods, a lone man that looked to be as homeless as Raz himself. The man was dirty and ugly, the smell of booze filling the other’s nostrils when the man walked by. His attacks were coming frequently again, and the youth found that he was blacking out for short periods of time. He was dying. And Raz found that he did not want to die, at least not anymore.

A swift attack and a bloated feast later and Raz fell asleep, sated. When he awoke he found himself stronger than ever before, able to run around and build himself a small living area where before he was just sleeping on the ground under some bigger trees.

And so a wave of violent murders struck Ulster, the majority of the corpses missing and only bones and bloody pools to show that something horrendous had happened. It was during this time that the boy found that he was faster than everyone else when he wanted to be, though the quick bursts of speed usually left him feeling extra tired and in need of what he thought of as ‘blood recharge.’

It wasn’t until a run in with a mage that the now teenager found out his potential. A surprise attack brought a swift end to the mage, just like all the others, but after feeding on the man Raz felt something else deep within him stir, a spiritual power of sorts. He had already heard of mages, of course, and the amazing things they could do. Perhaps this meant that he was one of them?

A quick check of the house found the library, and after reading a few books on the basics of magic and he learnt that he indeed was inclined to the magic pursuits. He stayed just long enough to do one more test, that of magical affinity. Thankfully, the mage had been a recluse, so after he got rid of the smell he took over the house.

Years of studying helped to hone his abilities. As he grew more powerful in the magical arts and his ego was boosted, he became more and more sick of the need of human flesh to slow his death; with this newfound power he should be able to save himself in some other way. At the very least, the feasting was something he did when he was weaker, something he did not need now.

His pride led him to try to find a cure, but years of study produced nothing. By this time he had traveled outside the house, introducing himself as the mage’s assistant, actually taking over the skeleton’s job and place in the city.

The mage’s studies led him to someone who might be able to help, a Pokemon alchemist who could concoct helpful potions in her eggs. The then Chansey immediately took to Raz, finding his disease a fascinating challenge. The two worked together day and night for the longest while, doing all kinds of tests. All failed.

They did, however, find something that slowed the disease down and even turned it into a bit of a positive. The potion that the Pokemon gave him served to turn his magic into a defense, helping to block out the undesired effects of the disease. As Raz uses his magic and his mana went down, however, the effects would start to show again. But when this happened, the potion showed a strange side effect: when the disease started to show, it also bolstered the power of the magic.

No longer needing to be a cannibal to live, and being able to live, brought a new lease on the now adult’s life. He would never be a good person, the things he did had already doomed him to a life in the HFIL. He was a murderer and a manipulator, someone who took from others to bolster himself. Just like everyone else would be when placed in a position of power.

With Ne, now a Blissey, still by his side working on a cure and loyally helping out in other ways, the powerful mage began his rise to power in the city of Kite. He joined their version of a governmental task force, starting off as a simple agent. His tasks were largely simple, protecting the city from Pokemon raids and bandits. However, after a while he rose up the ranks, doing everything from helping other cities with large operations to destroy criminal organizations to finding and eliminating spies.

It was during some of these missions to break up the various criminal organizations around the continent that he created one of his own in his hometown of Ulster. The group was a secretive affair, led by a shadow puppet controlled by Raz himself but left mostly independent. Their task wasn’t to pilfer and destroy, but instead to strike out against the rich of the city that had spurned the mage so long ago. The group utilized the beaten and hungry beggars of the city to great advantage, using them to hide their own members and sometimes even their involvement.

As he began to fill his potential, he rose even further, until he was the head of this task force. To his agents he was a strict leader who had a tendency to be a little destructive and cruel. He would always get the job done, and helped to turn Kite into a powerhouse. But he found himself wanting more power, more control, than he had now. He wanted to rule the city.

The first step was to talk the current mayor into establishing a true military force. The reasoning was simple: people were getting frightened by the increase in battles between the samurai, Ardor, and mages. Though they weren’t alive during the time, everyone had heard terrible stories of what had happened during the Unification Wars and what it had done to the continent; Kite had actually been overrun by samurai at one point, claiming the city of strategic importance. The good people needed a defense, and he gave it to them.

Even after he was appointed one of the heads of this military force, he still hungered for more.

When the time came up to elect a new mayor, he found himself the third man in a race with strong candidates. People loved him as the head of any military defensive force, but having the stern man take control in day to day living was different. And so Raz started a plot that would show the civilians that to survive they would have to take a powerful leader as opposed to a charismatic one.

He had a power-hungry member of the group in Ulster capture and alter a robot’s programming. And not just any robot, but the one who would be guarding the mayor of Des Moder during the upcoming peace talks. The robot would kill the samurai’s representative, thus removing the illusion of peace. After that was done he killed the stooge, removing any trace he or his organization had in the event. However, his plan never came to full fruition, because he was beaten to the murdering punch by another mage.

Things happened just as he wanted: war broke out in the peaceful town of Vandyce. Votes poured in to the only military man in the mayoral election, the only one they knew capable of doing the things necessary to keep the city independent and alive. And so he became a mayor.

Recently, he has increased the cities military might in anticipation of war. He has also begun talks with the nearby city of Olson in the hopes of adding another city under his control, more power for himself. He has also started a tournament in Saito for powerful individuals in the hopes of leading some of these fighters to join his army.

Companion:

Ne’igalomeatiga the Blissey - Metronome, Strength, Rain Dance, Thunder

Ne was a talented alchemist and healer before anything else. Able to create powerful concoctions and heal deadly diseases, the pink Pokemon saw a lot of bloodshed. Though talented, no one can save everyone, and the toll of losing patients to horrific wounds began to wear on the then Chansey. To quell this melancholy she took up drinking, even to the point where the egg in her pouch was replaced with a jug of ale.

Raz was a breath of fresh air: a challenge to heal, but someone who wasn’t going to die immediately if she didn’t get it right. Spending a great amount of time with him, she began to see eye to eye with him, understanding the need to put someone strong in charge during this time of hostility.

Ne has been training as an attacker since Raz’s ambitions began to be fulfilled, becoming a powerful force on the battlefield. Her metronome is a strategists unpredictable nightmare.

Special Power:

Movement Magic: This is the ability to get someplace as quickly as possible. This power can be used to do things such as haste a target, slow a target, or create a portal to teleport into.

Minion Creation: A magic to create minions for a variety of tasks. These minions can take a variety of forms and have a variety of powers. The more powerful, smarter minions take time and power to mold into creation, while the dumber, weaker ones can be created with ease. There is a soft number of minions he can control, so there is no way with his finite magic to create an army of minions.

Equipment:

EXP - 1,100 [Tier 2]

Primary Weapon: Macuahuitl [Tier 2]Attr:[Slashing/Serrating/---/---]Event:[Motorize]

Secondary Weapon: Energy Bow [Tier 2]Attr:[Piercing/Freezing/---/---]Event:[---]

Armor: Mage‘s Bane[Tier 2]Attr:[Piercing/Slashing/---/---]

Equipment Notes:

Macuahuitl: Raz’s first weapon, though since it was created it has been changed greatly. The obsidian teeth of the weapon magically replace themselves after imbedding themselves in the skin of the enemies. It also has a motorized function, turning it into a cutting and slashing monstrosity. Though he has spurned his past, a part of the evil man still loves seeing the flesh cut to pieces and the blood spurt everywhere.

Energy Bow: The bow is actually housed in a ring on his left hand. The ring can then create a bow of energy, firing freezing bolts and bolts of energy that function as normal arrows.

Mage‘s Bane: Imbedded in his right hand, this gem was created as an attempt from Ne and Raz to rid of the disease. It failed, but has since been upgraded to suck a small amount of mana from nearby mages and filter it into the gem’s owner. It also uses the recycling magic found within itself to power a shield that covers Raz and acts as armor. Can be focused onto one point to strengthen the armor.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 07-31-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Default Re: A Fault of Souls -- Sign-Ups -- [Now open to everyone]

Dr Scott
Approved
Alright, everything is good, now. Though, if you plan on creating a new team, then you should probably come up with a name for it, eh? And also, you still have one more slot to fill in for both your secondary weapon and your armor, since you're now Tier 2.

Now Warring:

Skylar "Fuga" O'Brianna with Edgar the Muk played by Dr Scott Abandoned/Now an NPC
Clair Neft with Charlotte the Charizard played by pman Dead

Ain Soph - Without Limit
Mortian Nona with Butter the Skitty played by HKim Dead

Whatever, Scottie
Razul Armel with Ne the Blissey played by Dr Scott
Old 01-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Name: Justin Tyme

Theme: Samurai

Appearance:

Standing at 5’8 Justin is smaller than some, but looks larger than he actually is simply because of how he carries himself. His eyes are a deep blue that shines with innocence. His hair is a short golden blonde that looks good regardless, so he usually leaves it in a tasseled manner that looks like he expertly moved it to look as nonchalant as possible. In deep moonlight the hair takes on a silvery look, as if he is magical being of some sort. Which he isn’t.

His clothing usually consists of simple tunics, though almost always in bright colors. His armor is much the same, with a light blue color setting off well with the shining plate mail. The armor is well made, allowing for full joint movements, which certainly helps when it comes to utilizing the superior swordsmanship training that came from the samurai.

Personality:

An open and honest man, Justin hates lying. He will keep his mouth shut before opening it up and spouting out a lie, even if it is some simple white lie. The samurai has actually gotten into trouble for this simple quality, but those who know him know not to ask questions when they won’t like the answer. Still, they just can’t help but like him, because of his stark optimism and drive to do the right thing.

He still holds onto an innocence, as this war is his first such, and he has yet to see the darkest depths that some rather evil souls will go to in the search of power or simple wealth. He does not understand these evils as well, and only knows they exist because of the teachings of his trainers. There exists inside this youth a curiosity, to understand these evils and the natural evils of war itself, that is bound to lead him straight into trouble. Unavoidable, predictable trouble that will either strengthen his resolve or forever break his spirit.

Justin is not the brightest spoon in the drawer, and will never be a true leader because of his inability to think up complex strategies or understand the many intricacies involved with running a group of village. His instincts and impulses are sound, just like any other well-trained warrior. Still, he has a good standing with the other samurai because of his penchant for being a hero and standing up for those who can’t defend themselves.

History:

Justin was found floating in a small boat in the Sea of Dragons. Fishermen brought him to the city of Marc, where he was brought to a local monastery. The church raised the boy, teaching him to always do the right thing. It wasn’t that he was punished for ever thinking wrong; he just never really saw any wrong amongst the monks and nuns who lived there. He learned a lot without ever really being taught; he learned self defense through watching their daily training, learned patience through waiting for them to finish their meditations, learned not to lie by listening to nothing but the truth day in and day out.

When the monks actually started teaching they noticed that he picked up the martial lessons quickly and easily, leading the monks to realize that his talents lay elsewhere, on a separate path. He was sent to Highrock, the nearest samurai outpost, who had long lived in mutual respect with the monks.

In Highrock he was given his first weapon and taught directly about the field of battle. He picked it up quickly, though he quickly became known as somewhat of an oddball within the teachers because of his focus on defense as opposed to offense. Still, he was well accepted, and his quick respect for nature made him a popular student.

Missing the only home he knew, he would constantly pick up jobs defending merchant caravans as they traveled back and forth from Marc to Highrock. There he would spend a day amongst the nuns and monks, watching and learning more about life. The day came when his talents were noticed and he was sent to Saraya.

It was different there; the views of some of the samurai were much more intense. These samurai’s whole lives revolved around battle, in the survival of the fittest. He maintained a low profile, though in his heart he knew that there would be a time when battle would no longer be needed, and he would be happy to lay down his sword and pick up a fishing pole when that time came.

During the Battle of Vandyce he was still at Saraya, not one of the battle hungry that went to find their glory if war was to break out. It did, and rumors came back that Jishen was murdered by an Ardor robot and Kano, acting leader of the group, apparently abandoned the battle and those who were still stationed there. No word arrived on Kano’s current whereabouts, and the group has since picked new leadership, an acting council of captains.

One of these captains, a middle aged woman with a Yanmega , surprised everyone by choosing Justin as a lieutenant alongside a Battle of Vandyce survivor, Skylar O’Brinna.

Pokemon Companion: Shuckle (Galleon) [Protect, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Rollout]

Special Power: Tendrils of Justice

Yellow tendrils erupt from the sword, with a hard rock covering the edges, forming a rough flail. The tendrils can stretch and wrap around objects, as well as strike hard.

Equipment:

XP: 1,100 [Tier 2]

Primary Weapon: Orion [Tier 2]Attr:[Piercing/lvl2 Slashing/---/---/---]Event:[---]
Secondary Weapon: Gauntlets [Tier 2]Attr:[Bludgeoning/lvl2 Burning/---/---]Event[---]
Armor: Plate Mail [Tier 2]Attr:[Bludgeoning/Ripping/---/---]

[Notes: 1 point for Primary Weapon, 1 point for armor]

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 01-20-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Dr Scott
Approved
WHATEVER, JERK.

Now Warring:

Justin Tyme with Galleon the Shuckle (BAHA) played by Dr Scott
Skylar "Fuga" O'Brianna with Edgar the Muk played by Dr Scott Abandoned/Now an NPC
Clair Neft with Charlotte the Charizard played by pman Dead

Ain Soph - Without Limit
Mortian Nona with Butter the Skitty played by HKim Dead